The Crusader Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't you know how to use the damn door bell?" Frank asked and then he saw Angela standing behind Tully. "Oh my God, you found her." He stepped around Rollie and Tully and took his daughter into his arms. Angela just stood there not returning the hug.

"Come in Rollie," Frank said and with his arm around his daughter led Rollie and Tully into his living room. Vito was sitting on the sofa. He had an almost surprised look on his face when he saw Angela.

"I didn't think you'd find her Chambers. I underestimated you," Vito admitted reluctantly.

"How much do I owe you Rollie?" Frank asked as he walked to a large desk in the corner of the room. He took a checkbook from the top drawer and looked expectantly at Rollie.

"I'll make you a deal Frank." Rollie held up a small tape recorder. Angela's face went white. He pushed play on the machine; Brad and Angela's discussion in Rollie's apartment flowed through the room. "This tape and the copy will never be heard again, IF..."

"If what?" Frank asked.

"If you let Brad and Greta alone. Don't look for them, don't go after them. Forget you ever heard their names." Rollie could see that Vito was upset. "One other thing, I want you to give Greta enough money for her to finish her schooling and get a start in another city."

"Let them go?" Vito asked. "Are you nuts? Those two showed a lot of disrespect for our family. You can't believe that I'd let them get away with that. The other families would lose respect for us."

"Only if the story gets out," Rollie said. "Only my crew and you three know the real story. We won't talk and I'm pretty sure you won't run around telling everybody Frank's19 year old daughter tried to rip you off."

"But....but," Vito sputtered.

"Quiet Vito," Frank ordered. "What happens if I don't take your deal?"

It was at that point that Rollie realized that Tully was wrong about Vito being the alpha wolf; Frank was the real head of the family. Vito was the aggressive, blustering, front man while Frank made all the important decisions.

"Your daughter goes to jail for extortion. She planned the fake kidnapping to get money from you to go to Europe. Course then Brad got greedy and messed up the whole thing." Rollie stared at Frank without blinking. "If Angela gets arrested the story will be all over the city before she gets out on bail."

"How do I know you won't talk Rollie?" Frank asked. "I mean it's not like we're friends."

"We have a relationship, sort of like a lawyer and his client," Rollie explained. "Anything that goes on between us is privileged information. I won't talk about my clients business; unless they intend to break the law." Rollie looked Frank in the eye and added, "You have my word on it"

Frank looked at Rollie for about 10 seconds and then nodded his head.

Rollie walked over to the wood burning fireplace and threw the tape recorder into the fire. "Guess our job is done." He motioned for Tully to precede him to the door.

"Hey," Frank called. "What about your fee?"

"Got a $100?"

Frank nodded and handed Rollie a hundred dollar bill. "That'll buy a new tape recorder. Never can tell when one will come in handy," Rollie said with an evil smile. "See you around Frank."

"I owe you Rollie; I won't forget it"

As Rollie and Tully left they heard Frank say to his daughter. "What the hell were you thinking?"

********************

Antonio Rigazzi, the owner of Rigazzi's, watched his friend Rollie devouring his second serving of Mostoccioli with meat sauce. He saw that Jessica was eating the veal.

"When are you going to order a real entrée Rollie?" Tony asked. "You're gonna eat me out of house and home with those all you can eat specials. Hello pretty lady," he greeted Jessica.

"I'm still unemployed Tony. Still got to stretch my entertainment dollar. Besides I like your Mostoccioli."

Tony pulled a chair from a nearby table and sat next to Jessica. "I heard you found Angela Rossi before her father had to pay the ransom. Surely he paid you."

"Nope. Well he did pay for a new tape recorder," Rollie said as he kept eating. Finally he finished the plate of food and sat back. "That's good stuff Tony."

"Tell you what; we're having a little party after hours tonight. Why don't you two stop by," Tony suggested. "Momma's gonna cook up some old country dishes that you won't believe."

"Can't tonight Tony, thanks," Jessica said. "We've got plans for this evening."

"We do?" Rollie asked with surprise in his voice.

"Yeah, we do." Jessica scooted her chair closer to Rollie and took his hand. "We're going to be busy moving my things into your condo." Jessica smiled and asked, "Any objections?"

A big smile slowly spread over Rollie's face. "No objections Doctor."

The End – For Now