The Damp, Gray Gone Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hesitated, then handed it to her.

With trembling fingers, she began opening the small box. Once it was unwrapped, she opened it and looked at the ring within.

"I want to get married," I said, my eyes on her the whole time. "You're my best friend. You've been there for me through the worst of times, and now I want you to be with me for the best of times."

She looked at me, then back to the ring.

"But my past," she said.

"I don't care. It's past."

The tears really started flowing at that. "I don't want to hurt you, Luke. I'm . . . I'm damaged goods."

I cupped her chin and turned her head to face me.

"You made some mistakes," I said. "Sure, they were major mistakes, and they were probably mostly your fault. But that was then. Years ago. You're not that person anymore."

"But what if I am?"

I shook my head. "People learn from their mistakes," I said. "I believe that; I really do. And you've learned. You'll never do it again."

"But how can you know?"

"I just know."

She looked at the ring, then at me, then back at the ring.

I waited for her, tensing up, my chest ready to explode.

Imperceptibly at first, then more vigorously, she started nodding her head. And crying. And laughing, too.

"I never want to lose you."

I hugged her to me. "And I never want to lose you."

Finis