The Dark Rose

Story Info
She had always been different.
3.2k words
2.37
16.1k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had always been different then everyone she knew. Her skin was a touch lighter then all the others in her land. That was not what made her different, that chore belong to her eyes. They sparkled in a bright turquoise color. Where she was from everyone's skin was dark. Darker than even an entire week in the sun could make it. All her life she had seen no one lighter than herself, this fact saddened her. For if there was someone different. perhaps then she would have some friends.

As it was her only friend was her father, Morpheus Nightstone. A man of high dignity. His daughter was his pride and joy, a gift her mother had taken for granted. He cast his light brown eyes to his ebony jewel and smiled softly, though she would never see this smile, or any other, it simply was not his way. "Simone!" He snapped in her direction. The hay bristled broom fell from her hands as she turned to him. her eyes cast to the ground as a slave's would be when addressing her master. Her voice was soft, but low as she answered. "Yes father?" "I need you to go to the market and get us some jars. Do you think you can handle that?" Morpheus asked. A smile crept across Simone's features, small, pointed, white fangs slipped over her bottom lip. "Oh yes Father! I can do that." She nodded as she put the broom down. Morpheus handed Simone a few pieces of gold as she bounded out of the door. When she was out of sight, he smiled again thinking Rhianna was a fool to have abandoned such a child.

Simone looked to be about sixteen years of age, her mind was a little behind her body, She was almost child like. That was her father's fault. She grew up sheltered. The only time she had been allowed to play with the other children, they had laughed and pelted her with stones. Morpheus had beat her and forbid her to leave the house again unless she was told. She loved her father, regardless of the beatings and the yelling. She enjoyed keeping their small home clean and cooking the meals of the day. This was her life, she would never dream of changing it.

The sight of the market brought her out of her thoughts. She tilted her head to the right and looked around. Not many shops were open today, that was unusual. She walked over to the small tent shop where she bought her jars and spoke to the shop owner. "Good day Sir. Do you know the reason for the shops all being closed?" She was quite disappointed to find all but a few open. She liked to look at the pretty jewelry many sold. "The King is making his rounds Lady Nightstone. The shop owners have fled in fear. It is different for us then it is for you Nobles. The King's men destroy our shops if we do not pay." The shop owner explained as he placed four glass jars in a paper bag for Simone. "We Noble houses have it just as you. though our home has never gone a moon cycle without paying our King. Do not worry fair shop owner, things will get better." Simone said as she smiled as she handed the shop owner two pieces of gold for the jars and one for himself. Little did Simone know her "tips" to the shop owner, where what saved him from the King's wrath month after month. "Thank you Lady Nightstone. With you around I know my little shop with thrive" The shop owner smiled back as Simone started off for home.

She entered her house, that smile still plastered on her face. It quickly faded as she smelled something wrong. The house smelled of blood. Her large eyes darted around as she looked through the debris of her home. Everything had been destroyed. she dropped the jars, they shattered on the stone floor, as she ran into her father's study. "Father?! Father! Where are you?" She called, panic rising in the pits of her soul. She walked into his bedroom and gasp. There he lay, on his bed, A large gaping wound on his chest. She walked over to him and knelt beside the bed taking his hand in hers. "Oh father....What happened here?" She asked as she felt tears well in the corners of her eyes. "The King my sweet fallen angel. We did not have the gold to pay him for the month. They wanted to take you, I told them I had to sell you to make the little gold I had given him. They will be back by night fall, you must go Simmy. You must leave this land far behind." Morpheus answered as he started to cough. "Where will I go Father?" Simone asked, her tears starting to slide down her light mocha cheeks. "You have family...On your mother's side...An aunt and uncle... They have a clan in a far off Kingdom... You must go to them... I knew this day was coming Simmy...I sent them word...They are waiting for you." Morpheus explained as a trickle of blood seeped from his lips. "I love you Simmy...I am sorry I treated you poorly... They will treat you better.. They will show you what family is... Now go....." Morpheus pleaded as he swallowed hard. "I will not leave you Father. Come with me." Simone begged. "I can not Simmy... My time is just about up... Now go my Simmy. Find love and family. The place you seek is Lacastra... Follow the crimson path...To the rock shaped like an arrow... Follow the direction the arrow points... Beyond that is Lacastra and King Byron... He will lead you to Lady Catrina and Lord Devil Darkrose. They are your family....Good bye Simmy..." Morpheus said as a tear slid down his cheek. Then his form slowly faded, turning into a pile of ashes. Simone silently cried for her father.

As the sun started to set, Simone left her home. As she stepped out of her village, she turned and took one last glance to the place she had called home since she was a baby, then silent steps carried her to the Crimson Path.

The Crimson Path was a road made out of red rock. It wound all through Vitae Pass, which was her home land. The landmark rock was located far beyond at the end of the path. She walked endlessly, taking cover during the long days in convenient placed caves along the road, to stay out of the sun that was her kind's enemy. She soon came upon Arrow Head Rock, the rock her father had told her to follow. She glanced up, to look over the rock she had heard of in the Kingdom legends. The point of the arrow pointed to the right, toward the hazy mountain range. She would have to make that distance in one night since there were no caves around to protect her from the sun's rays.

She waited until the sun had set before setting out. She had only ten hours to go from Arrow Head Rock, to the mountain pass. She knew now why her father had told her to go to this Lacastra, the King's men would never think to travel so far in one day. She made it to the mountain just as the sun was starting to rise over the mountain top. She ducked into a small cave and laid her head down exhausted.

The following night she entered Lacastra. She blinked as she looked around in awe. The entire Kingdom seemed to be made just for those that walked the night. She could walk freely here without a worry. She walked up to the large Palace and stopped before it's gates. Two knights stepped forth and crossed their swords in front of her "Halt! State your business" One said. "I am here to speak to King Byron." Simone said softly. "For what reason?" Asked the second. "I am seeking my family, Lady and Lord Darkrose." Simone replied unsure if the guards would even know who that is. The first guard removed his helmet. "I am Darien Darkrose, son of Catrina and Devil. You say you are my family, yet I have never seen you here before." He said with a glare. "I am Simone Akasha Nightstone, my father Morpheus Nightstone. My mother was Rhianna Darkrose." Darien looked to the other guard and said, "I have to go. Watch my post. I need to bring her to my parents they will know who she is talking about if she even is a Darkrose." He stepped away and led Simone to a large castle not too far away from the Palace.

Inside, Simone saw two people sitting on thrones. Darien stepped up to them and spoke, "Mother, father, this woman claims she is a Darkrose." He didn't believe for Simone's story since, well, her skin was so dark. The woman spoke up, "What is your name child?" "Simone Akasha Nightstone..Ma'am" Simone said a bit shyly. "Ahhh. Yes we have been expecting you. I assume your father is no longer with us?" The woman asked. "No Ma'am...He passed away." Simone answered. "Call Me Cat, everyone does." Catrina smiled softly. "And welcome home Simone" Devil pipped in. Simone smiled as she saw that other people did in fact smile as she did. "Thank you Aunt Catrina. Thank you Uncle Devil."

It wasn't long before Simone made some friends within the family. She had grown a complex of sorts, she refused to talk to anyone outside her family unless they were of the King's family. She did have one friend outside the family. His name was Merril, a priest who was married to a kind man named Asa. Merril showed her a valley set behind his temple. A large valley, enchanted by some sort of magick. She fell in love instantly with the Kentucky Blue Grass and the tall red oak tree barrier that surrounded the valley, leaving a canopy open so she could see the stars above. Here she built a small house for herself.

Soon after she fell in love with Catrina's adopted son Jarred. He was her first love, and soon she found herself with child. Her uncle was not a happy man when he heard the news and punished her with a lick off his infamous belt. Jarred asked Simone to marry him soon after. Simone was in her glory. Her friend, and cousin, Alexis was to be her maid of honor, and her uncle was to give her away. When the day came Simone was so nervous. She looked stunning in her wedding gown and had heard words of comfort from Alexis. Jarred stood before Merril with the few that decided to come. Many were still adjusting to Simone being in the family. Her heart broke when her uncle failed to show up. She put on a brave face as she walked down the aisle, Alexis had decided to give her away.

She stood before Merril, her hand placed in Jarred's. Merril had started the wedding and had asked Jarred to take his wedding band and place it place it on Simone's finger, just as he was about to, he vanished in a puff of smoke. Simone ran out of the temple in tears. Jarred stood outside. She walked up to him tears staining her face. "Why did you leave me there like that? You humiliated me!" She cried. "I do not love you Simone. Not anymore." Jarred said as he shoved her to the ground. "Oh, and you make an ugly bride." He said as he spit on her and walked away. Simone turned and stood up. Her once white gown now matched the brown of her skin. She lowered her head and walked home.

A few days later, she lost the child. Jarred had did much damage to Simone's heart, body, and soul, she didn't leave her valley for days. It was in her valley that she had met Azekial. A nice man an outsider she had met long ago in her homeland on that fateful day she was allowed out. The two became best friends, and soon Azekial asked Simone to marry him. She did not love Azekial in that way, but she did not want to hurt him, so she agreed to marry him.

Simone befriended a man named Elijha, he was new to the family and not yet sired. Azekial was once again away on a mission. In a moment of weakness, she betrayed Azekial and bedded with Elijha. Azekial would never have been told, had Simone not gotten pregnant. Azekial was furious. Ready to hunt Elijha down and destroy him. He almost left Simone. But he didn't, instead he accepted what she had done and vowed to raise the child as his own.

A chance to change the blood of the child was discovered by Alexis. Simone and Azekial spoke and soon decided that the child would bare Azekial's blood, not Elijha's. When Alexis preformed the surgery, two children were discovered, both their blood was changed to Azekial's.

Soon after, Simone birthed three children. Rune Kelannar and Rhianna Sade both carried Azekial's blood. The third child, Alexandria Sapphire held the blood of Elijha. Even with that fact, Alexandria was the apple of Azekial's eye. They adopted two other children, Dameon Alucard who was age seven, and Lucifer Damien who was age five, both found in the family tavern.

Two days later Azekial left for another mission. He was gone for a year this time. Simone made it her business not to feed when Azekial was not around, and this time it was costing her. Her mocha flesh took on an ashy grey color and she had become quite weak. A ramped storm was raging outside as she stood looking out the window as she did everyday, waiting to see if Azekial was coming. Someone in fact was coming. Her heart skipped a beat. She thought maybe Azekial had sensed how weak she had become. But it was not Azekial. To her surprise it was Riggs Darkrose, Alexis's ex-husband. She opened the door and let him in. "You'll catch your death out there Riggs." Simone said as she lit a fire in the fire place and walked over to the unicorn hide rug that lay before it. "Get out of those wet clothes before you get sick." She said as she sat down. She strength was depleted, just walking from the window to the door, to the living room had exhausted her. Riggs noticed this right off as he undressed and sat beside her. "Simone you don't look well." He said lifting her head with one of his hands. "When was the last time you fed?" He asked worriedly. "Before Azekial left." She replied. "How long ago was that?" Riggs asked as his brow furrowed with concern. "A little over a year ago, right after the triplets were born." She answered. "The you will feed from me. I will not watch you waste away Simone." Riggs stated as he took his dagger and cut his wrist open thrusting it into her protesting mouth.

Once the wound was there, she had no choice but to feed. She fed hungrily on his blood, her mind growing hazy as she frenzied, almost completely draining him. When she released she gasped "Riggs!" She whimpered softly and thought on what to do. She had never allowed anyone to feed from her before. She knew that if two people fed from each other three times each, they would be bonded for life, but she couldn't bare to watch Riggs in so much pain. So she cut open her wrist and held it up to his mouth, her free hand cradling his head to draw it near the wound."Please don't die Riggs." She pleaded as he slowly fed from her. He took a little too much, leaving her a bit weak. She looked up to him through glassy eyes. "I'm sorry Simone..Please take a little back." Riggs said. Simone shook her head. "No we will end up bonding Riggs... I don't want to hurt Azekial." Simone said as she choked on the words. "You don't love him, do you?" Riggs asked taking her into his arms to comfort her. "I do love him, just not as I should. Not as a mate should. My heart belongs to someone else in that way." Simone said as a tear slid down her cheek. "Why don't you tell him that?" Riggs asked running his fingers through her hair. "I have tried. I tried when I cheated on him with Elijha. Every time I try all he says is he will leave forever." Simone cried. "He's my best friend Riggs, I don't want him to leave forever." She turned and buried her face in his chest. "It's okay Simone. My heart belongs to one I can never have. I know how you feel." Riggs comforted. "No you don't. The one my heart belongs to is you. It's always been you. From the day I met you and saw you with Alexis." Simone confessed a slight blush creeping up on her. Riggs pulled her back and looked at her blinking. "Really?!" He smiled and hugged her close. "I have been in love with you for a long time too Simone." Riggs admitted. "I have to tell Azekial. This has been tearing me apart since I agreed to marry him... You-You love me?" Simone asked as his words finally hit her. Riggs simply nodded and turned his head exposing his neck to her. She smiled and gently let her fangs sink into his neck as she felt his slid into her own.

Azekial arrived home that night and his heart broke. The words he spoke were filled with pain and anger. He told Simone he never wanted to see her again, and that he would not allow his children to grow up with a mother like her. Then he left taking the infants out of their home and the valley.

Tears in Simone's eyes , she and Riggs walked out of the small house, then Simone sent a fire ball into the building setting it ablaze. She stood in the rain watching the flames envelope the house. When the fire had gone out, the valley seemed to come alive with whispers and soon a new house was built. A small wooden sign placed off the right said "Riggs & Simone Darkrose"

The next day Alexis came after hearing about the goings on from Azekial and wed them. On that day Riggs placed a collar around Simone's neck, she couldn't have been happier. A few days after that, Alexis informed Simone that she was with child, a set of twins. The words were filled with venom. As if Alexis hated Simone for marrying Riggs and now double for baring his children. It was clear their once tight knit friendship was over.

Simone took a lot from the clan. Most called her an animal for being collared. When it became too much she and Riggs, along with Dameon and Lucifer decided to take a little journey. Simone wanted her husband to see Vitae Pass, where she had grown up. Hand in hand she smiled up to him, grateful she had decided this trip. The only thing better would be the day their children were born. Together the small family walked out of Lacastra as the sun set behind them.