The Dark Side of the Romantic Comedy Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Goodbye Penny." He said in a voice tinged with bitter finality, before marching out of the room like a condemned prisoner.

*****

This is the first part of a 2 part story. It has struck me that some romantic comedies have a story line in which the female protagonist has a boyfriend or fiancé that she dumps, in one way or another, for the male protagonist. They go off to live happily ever after, leaving the other guy, whom we know little and care little about to pick up the pieces of his life. This includes movies like "Sleepless in Seattle", "The Graduate" and "Sweet Home Alabama". This story is not intended to be a Romantic Comedy, but rather to just take the form of a Romantic Comedy as it looks at what it's like to be the guy who gets the shaft.

I apologize for the length of the story. It got away from me and I didn't have the time or inclination to pare it down.