The Dark Tower Ch. 01

Story Info
A lady in a tower awaits rescue.
1.5k words
4.16
20.9k
2
0

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 06/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is purely fictional entertainment. Please do not confuse it with reality as this should never happen. It is a departure from my normal stories. If you do not like bdsm or power control please do not read. Hardly any sex in the first chapter so be warned!

*

She could hear the sound coming up the stairs. Faint footsteps from the distance. At first she wasn't sure if she was mistaken but the noise became louder and louder, closer and closer. Step by step, someone was ascending the long stairwell. Was he returning for her? Her heart skipped a beat as she turned her head from the stone towers window, her blond hair turning with her in the gentle breeze from the small opening, finally realizing it was not a dream and that someone was coming. Someone. Him? She did not know.

Gently raising her hand to her heart, mouth slightly agape, she took a small step away from the window. Her sexy thin-purple robe brushed along her legs and her purple high heels loudly clicked on the stone floor as she took only a few steps forward before coming to a halt. Her mind raced, not sure who it was.

Was he here to rescue her? Her knight in shining armor that she had waited so long for. Or was it him -- the one who had captured her and locked her up in this tower for unknown reasons? He claimed it was for ransom, but she didn't trust him at all so there was no telling why she was imprisoned.

The steps grew louder, he would be here soon. She hoped and prayed it would be her rescuer; many nights were spent by her attempting to open the enormous wooden door, but it was locked and much too strong for her to open.

Her kidnapper -- there was something about him. Looking around the room with a fear in her heart, she so badly wanted to leave this place. The dark tower she was held in was actually very comfortable and the furniture in the room was even more expensive than her room back at the palace, but she was still a prisoner here.

Back at her tower in her own kingdom she could get away with murder. Daddy would let her, and no one would dare defy the king after all. She once even enjoyed being called a bitch by one of the court members (she heard them whisper behind her back, risking severe punishment for such treachery, but still she heard and simply smiled to herself). People envious and hateful of her would reminded her of how special she was; the most important person in the kingdom. But here, she had no freedom. She didn't even have anyone to love OR to hate her. No one, period. Never in her life had she experienced this.

And even though she was captured only a few weeks ago, she considered herself a much changed person. She realized everything that she took for granted and was probably not the most compassionate person. There was plenty of time for the princess to think in this tower, especially knowing her life was in jeopardy and she was facing a very serious situation -- possibly even death.

But her father would pay the ransom; it wasn't a question of that. The question was would the kidnapper or kidnappers let her go? Would they kill her once they received their payment? The thought of that was agony. Swearing to become a different person if her knight came to rescue her, she only hoped for a second chance. She could only hope that a band of the king's knights were on the way to save her as she did not believe the man in black would spare her life. With any luck, maybe they would find him and hunt him down -- bring him swift and severe justice.

Her heart began to race. He would be here within minutes but it felt like an eternity. She turned her eyes back to the door, transfixing her gaze upon it. Wondering who was coming for her. Would she soon taste freedom and run away with her rescuer, or would she suffer a cruel fate at the hands of the stranger in black? Waiting was pure torture.

Still staring at the door, the princess started to think back to when she was first thrown into the tower, and how she was furious and angry. She pounded her fists on the man in black, but her fists bounced off his muscly frame. He had hardly said a word to her, but his eyes seemed to penetrate her own and his smirk held her back from her full ferocity (no one had ever looked at her like that before, especially with such confidence and dominance -- such power). She stopped hitting him. It was almost as if he melted her and broke her will; she still tried to stare him down and appear upset with him, but it was mostly an act. She didn't know what to feel with him. Shortly after he put her into the room, he left, leaving her all alone.

When he left through that large wooden door, her anger returned. She must have spent hours immediately afterwards pounding away on the door, trying to get out and yelling curses at him, but no one came back for her. Exhausted, pounding her last, she gave up.

It was almost at that exact moment that her anger started to turn into a wariness -- even a slight panic. She finally turned around to look at her room, helpless to do anything else. Her room was beautiful, even though she didn't notice it at first. To her it resembled a cold and dark dungeon. All alone, in her dungeon cell, was how she felt.

Her only contact with the outside was a tray of food that had been prepared for her and slid through a small slit underneath the door. Three times a day at exactly the same time; it was the only way she could tell the time of day. And even though it wasn't up to her princess standards, it really was a wonderful meal every time, freshly prepared. She couldn't tell who slid it under, and never seemed to hear anyone approach the door until the loud scraping sound of the slit opening jolted her out of her quiet thoughts and back into reality.

As the days passed, she grew lonely. She had so much time to think. About how she acted in the past, about who she was, and about what would happen to her in the future -- if she would even be blessed with a future.

The strange thing was, only yesterday when the slit under the door opened it was off schedule. In fact, there was much food on the silver tray this time -- much more than normal. And in addition, it was the last time the tray was brought. She didn't understand what was happening. It was at this point she truly felt abandoned -- even her captors left her up here to die. Fear almost overwhelmed her.

And now here she was. Standing halfway in the room, facing the door, hearing someone coming up the stairs to get her. Someone good or someone evil. She trembled, hand to her mouth, blue eyes wide open, waiting, for she could do nothing else. She could hear her heart pounding inside her ears, almost able to hear the blood rushing throughout her body.

The sound of the foot steps grew louder. Step, step, step...in a slow rhythm; whomever it was was almost at the tower's door where she was held. She stood staring at the door, waiting to see who would come through the other side. She kept praying it would be her rescuer or rescuers, both hands in front of her face, almost unable to take the suspense. She could almost envision her hero opening the door and coming to rescue her; sweeping her off her feet and taking her back to the kingdom with such speed. Freedom would soon be at her hand if she had her way.

However, something didn't seem right about that. She couldn't put her finger on it -- was it that she didn't think it was a realistic scenario? Did she think it wasn't possible and no good would come out of this situation? Or did she think this for some other reason? The tower had grown comfortable to her, after all. It was her only exposure over the last several weeks, and in an odd way had become something of a home to her.

Yes she was lonely, but...but the room was becoming...comfortable. That thought alone scared her. Briefly looking around the room which had become home, spinning around frantically, she turned her attention back to the door.

Step, step, step. The footsteps stopped. He Was Here. On the other side of the door she heard keys rattling together. She heard a key enter the door's lock, and twist. A *click* sound echoed throughout her chambers. The handle to the door turned, and the door slowly started to open...