The Day America Was Destroyed Ch. 01

Story Info
A future "War on Terror" survivor's reflections.
946 words
4.34
13.2k
1

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/14/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please understand that this is an unfinished work of Literature that I started writing about two months ago. All characters are fictional, any likeness is coincidental. Enjoy.

Everything was as it had been for the last several decades. Other than the attacks on the World Trade and the Pentagon, as well as our war on terrorism. People were going to work and play as usual. Our war on terror carried us through Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and had us gearing up to hit China. In retrospect my view of the "Assault on China" wasn't a pleasant one. Apparently, the Chinese Intelligence Community knew what we were up to. There were threats of Nuclear war made by the Chinese government if any attacks were attempted. Our government in its supreme confidence, took these as just idle threats. Simply put, no missile had that kind of range. The Chinese knew better than we did. They had started working on Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles in the early eighties. The pride of the American government would not allow them to see any one other than the former Soviet Block countries as a Nuclear threat. That being said, most of the Chinese weapons of war came from those afore mentioned Soviet Block countries. The Chinese scientists had managed to enhance the range of the ICBMs to hit the heart of America from both coasts. The CIA and FBI knew nothing about this, that is how our beloved country got screwed. Our military community was ill prepared for the events that would unfold.

My wife and I had divorced in late 2003, we had three beautiful children together. I moved away to Georgia shortly after the divorce was final. My family was pleased to see me again. I had stayed away since the death of my father. My ex-wife had gone to nursing school after our divorce. We shuttled the kids back and forth between us for the first few years. Then, they came and stayed for the summers only. It seemed to help their schooling. I had connections to the military from my younger days. My friends were all giving me a bad vibe about the assault on China. I called my boss and told him that I'd be gone for a few days. He stopped questioning me about stuff like that a long time ago. I was actually working for a major paper in Atlanta.

My boss just assumed that I was going to get some information on a story that I was working on. I got on a plane and flew to Cleveland to see my kids, and warn my ex-wife of the situation in China. I explained to her what I knew, and she thought that I was just bull shitting her. Our divorce wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world. A lot of lying on both sides amongst other things. I told her that I was going to fly the kids back to Atlanta with me. She was a little upset about it, but eventually told me to go ahead. She really didn't have a lot of time to argue with me, simply because she was at work. She was on her way to help bring another life into the world. We found out after we were airborne that the Marines had started their invasion of China. CNN is an amazing source of information when you really don't want to know. The Chinese government responded exactly the way they said they would. They launched a salvo of ICBMs at the United States.

Most of our major cities were targeted, fortunately for my family Atlanta and Cleveland weren't. The federal government had established a missile defense system in early 2007. It was untested against live fire, however it worked relatively well. The cities that were lost were New York, Washington D.C., Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, Omaha, Dallas, and Denver. Most of the government as we knew it was destroyed. The military took control and declared Martial Law. People couldn't travel freely from state to state without proper authorization. The military decided that our new capital would be Norfolk, Virginia. Shortly after arriving at my home, the military police knocked on my door. They explained to me that my presence was required in Norfolk. My children and I were taken to Fort Benning and ushered onto a C-130 transport. Once again my country needed my talents. A little background on my "younger days", I was a lieutenant in the Marine Corps. I had a dual Military Occupational Specialty.

First and foremost I was a recon Marine, my secondary was as an Intelligence Analyst. I had been called on several times in the past to help analyze top secret information from Iraq and Syria. That is part of the reason that my wife and I divorced. I technically was no longer an active Marine, but once a Marine always a Marine. The reason that I kept being called in was I was the best at what I did. My ex-wife and I had been on decent terms after she remarried. She still loved me and said that we should still be together. The one thing that she couldn't accept was the Marine Corps came first. I have always had a strong sense of duty to my country, even after I left the military. That meant every time that "Mother Green and her Killing Machine" called, I went without hesitation.

To Be Continued...

Please give me you honest opinion. All feedback is welcome, good or bad. Hopefully those of you that actually read this enjoy it enough for me to post the rest of what I've written.

Md