The Day the Earth Stood Nude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ya, I have to go see some friends. But I'll see you in class on Friday?"

"Definitely," she smiled. "See you then."

I ran to the ship immediately. Kutensk and 109 were watching a wall of screens, each showing a different news station. Kutensk handed me an earbud, and I noticed that as I moved my eyes from screen to screen, the sound I heard changed to match it.

"-riots today in Saudi Arabia-"

"No one knows yet what caused it, but-"

"-ore than five separate organizations have claimed credit for what many are calling the Day the Earth Stood Nude."

"-are calling it an act of God-"

"-reports from Antarctica and other regions indicate that people in environmentally hazardous conditions were not affected, but-"

"What could have caused this?"

Slowly I realized that they were openly broadcasting footage from the day on the air. Naked men and women adorned the news screens, without any sort of censoring. I suppose it would have seemed silly after what had happened today.

"Do you think it'll work?" I asked Kutensk.

"Possibly. But there is now no one on the planet who can deny that they and everyone else has a physical form. And that's the first step we needed to take. Now that they accept that it exists, maybe they can accept that it's good. Only time will tell, really," she mused.

Amazing. The world had changed in thirty minutes. From Mecca to Rio, from Washington D.C. to Beijing, the entire world had, for half an hour, been naked together: vulnerable, bare, and natural. I could only imagine what else would happen.

Two days later, class was still a bit awkward. It was difficult to pretend like nothing happened, but we weren't really sure how to react. People mostly just accepted it and moved on. Some people had even come to class shirtless, although the girls mostly retained their bras after a statement from the university's president.

After class, Esther came up to me. "Hey, Michael! The school cinema's showing Lust, Caution this weekend, and I was wondering if you were free?"

"Really? Ya, sure. What time?"

"How about we meet outside McCormick Hall at 5 on Saturday? We can grab dinner first together."

"That sounds great. See you then!" I watched Esther skip out the door. I could only imagine what else would happen...

****

Thanks for reading! I enjoyed writing this story a lot. I've always loved The Day the Earth Stood Still (the original, aka the good one), so I enjoyed adapting it into erotica. A lot changed, but I think it's still pretty obvious, even without the title and direct quotes I worked in.

I forget how the idea came to me, but once it did, I knew I had to write it. It's a lot longer than I was expecting, and I hope the talkiness didn't hurt it too much, but I hope you all enjoyed it! As always, vote and leave comments! If this is really popular, I'll try to do more with the characters. So far they're my favorites, so let me know what you think of them.

And finally, quite a few lines of dialogue from the scene where Michael first meets Kutensk and 109/Maria are copyright The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951). I couldn't really point them out in-story without ruining the flow, but if anyone asks, I'll tell you which ones.