The Demon Mage Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I lost the lives of many good demons to get you sitting with me, so please, enjoy the food."

I couldn't bring myself to eat. I keep my eyes averted from the food nonetheless of my growling stomach, as if it were rotting.

My eyes rest only on him, watching as he enjoys his meal.

"How did demons get inside the inner city- those buildings?"

It was the first words I spoke.

Agnes looks up from his food, and places down a fork that has a fresh scoop of beans.

He spoke as if I had asked a foolish question, I was a silly child in need of correcting.

"Son, my power of control does not halt with merely demons."

He takes a hefty swig from his goblet. The liquid was a blood red, it must have been wine.

"Humans... Humans fight for you?"

I mutter, attempting to settle my trembling hands. I place them beneath the table, out of sight.

Agnes nodded, shifting a cracked hand through his locks of dirty blonde hair.

"Why yes, many creatures have found my proposition of a new world, quite promising. I'm a very convincing man, son."

"A new... World...?"

"Indeed, young man. From the ashes of this human controlled world, we will rise an empire of demon-human salvation, with you rightfully at its helm."

Me?

I attempt to calm my breathing, unable to believe what I was hearing. This couldn't be happening.

"You think this will work... At all?"

I snap.

Agnes takes a cloth napkin and wipes the grim of food from his lips.

"I never thought that such an ambitious plan could have been set in motion... But as it would seem, many a human and demon agree."

When I remained frozen in silence, he looks to me with the pleaful and excited eyes of a child. He stands from his chair in the heat of the moment, his arms wide in gesture.

"Don't you see, Laizen? This is why I made you. I have tried again and again to create another miracle like you- another hybrid. But creating a hybrid usually results in the death of the child and mother. What your mother and I accomplished in creating was a miracle- you must see this my son."

He was grinning, a conductor before his musical creation.

In the back of my mind, I see Morgana being pulled away, the body of the woman I once thought I knew a corpse at her feet.

I grip the material of my pants.

"Morgana. Where is she."

I said shakily.

Agnes' expression faded to disappointment at my change in subject. He takes a seat once more.

"What happens to her is under my jurisdiction and does not concern you-"

He began to speak, but I sharply cut him off.

"You're going to kill her."

To this, the corpse of a man gulps the rest of his wine, slamming it down on the table.

He leans towards me, a smile playing at his lips.

"Do you want to know how I knew that character...Morgana, had turned on me?"

I glare at him silently, hearing my heartbeat in my ears. Beads of sweat began tracing my facial features, sticking to my facial hair.

"Because I saw her do it. It's a little something the Underworld calls-

I finish for him.

"The Demon Song."

Agnes quirks an eyebrow, looking impressed.

"My, my son is quite well read. I like that very much."

He toyed with the rim of his cup, looking into it like a man watching a fire in a fireplace. He continues.

"Hearing the thoughts, communicating with other demons is especially prominent amongst the same species."

Species? He's an Incubus? He looks nothing like one.

He stands, walking steadily towards me, his footsteps heavy and inconcise.

"Would you like to hear a song, Laizen?"

He says with a playful grin.

I push my chair away.

"No-"

I attempt to shout, to knock away my father's reaching hand, but his hand presses heavily onto my temple and I find myself falling.

I blink. Suddenly I stand in the middle of my mother's cottage.

My mother stands at the kitchen counter, cleaning dishes after having eaten. I feel my breath catch in my throat looking to my mother's fair face and green eyes. She was singing quietly under her breath. I wanted to move, I wanted to embrace her, but my body was paralyzed.

The door of the small cottage opens, and a man enters, startling my mother.

A look of fear spread over her features as she met eyes with Agnes, who stood in a thin coat of wolf fur. Someone would say he looked rather dashing, until seeing the obstructions of his face, and the fire like glow flickering in his irises.

"Get out- I will NOT tell you again, Agnes."

She said stiffly, pressing her back against the counter, visibly struggling to keep her composure.

The man walks through the house towards the small kitchen, passing directly through me, causing me to flinch.

His hands are raised in a blatant gesture of innocence.

"I am simply here to talk."

My mother's facial features looked to reject his offer, but she remained quiet.

Agnes surveys the old cottage.

"Not much has changed since your father, I see,"

He spoke much softer than I had ever heard him speak.

"Where is our son?"

My mother replied sharply.

"He is out."

Agnes was stepping closer to my mother. A gloved hand traces the dining table slowly, his eyes shifting over the surface of the aging wood.

"I still love you, Roesia, it's why I'm giving you another chance to change your mind. I plan to attempt to awaken the demon inside of our son."

My mother's face pales. She was unable to speak. At this, Agnes bounds to my mother, taking her gently by the shoulders. She didn't stop him, she could only stare at the man before her.

"Roesia, you must understand. I've read tales of old times, tales of hybrids, and their unfathomable strength. Our son can give birth to more hybrids. With my followers, we, as a family, can destroy this forsaken world and make a paradise for demons and humans."

My mother was trembling, tears dampened her cheeks, dripping to her clothes.

She attempts to pull away from Agnes.

"You-You're insane."

He lets her go, and she nearly stumbles to the floor catching herself on the kitchen counter.

"Demon's have done nothing but destroy my family. His life is not for you to decide, I will not allow you to take away his life or humanity!"

Agnes' eyes burned brightly in his sockets. He steps towards my mother, who steps away in return, her arms trembling, the tears shining in the sun that casted from the windows.

"Who is to say that he is even human? Rosie?"

My mother spit back.

"DO NOT call me that name, EVER. He is becoming a mage, he was accepted into the kingdom's prestigious magic school. A mage, like his father had been."

Agnes was directly in front of my mother before she could blink. He grabs her by the shirt and nearly lifts her into the air.

"I AM HIS FATHER!"

His deep voice roared and shook the cottage.

Nonetheless of my mother's fear, her eyes did not leave Agnes'. The cottage was plunged into silence. Agnes' chest heaved, and his eyes softened, as if realizing what he had done. He let go of my mother and stepped away.

He runs a hand wearily over his cracked features, the glow of his eyes dimming.

"Roesia, take my hand. Rule the new world, our world."

Agnes hadn't noticed my mother had slipped a knife from the counter.

She lunges at him, lashing out with the blade madly.

Agnes catches the hand with the knife, just before it could sink into his throat.

Their faces were less than an inch from one another.

From my mother's mouth she whispered, her beautiful green eyes glaring into his with revulsion.

"Never."

Agnes pushed her away.

"Goodbye, Roesia, my love. We will never meet again."

He turns from her, walking towards the door of the cottage.

But just as he reached the door to leave, he turned over his shoulder. Tears were visible, trickling down the morbid lines of his face. He mutters something barely audible.

"Melientheas. Possess her."

The Sleeper Demon was suddenly behind my mother.

My body wretches. I try to rush forward, to stop the demon, to stop what would kill my mother.

My father leaves the cottage, the door shutting between him and the screams of his beloved Roesia.

...

"MOM!"

I open my eyes, and the hall where Agnes and I sat materialized around me. I lay on the floor, my chair had fallen backward and it lay clattered to the stone, inches from me. I bring my fingers to my face, and they come back damp with tears. I wipe them away, trembling, pushing myself to my feet.

Agnes stood feet away, watching me as I clamored to my feet, his face looking confident.

I glare at him, using the table to balance me, my heart threatening to tear through my ribs in my chest.

"You killed her."

I muttered, unable to stop the trembling of my body, feeling all restraint and my composure diminishing.

To this, Agnes scoffed. I could feel the blood draining from the knuckles of my clenched fists.

"You couldn't learn about your life through her perspective. She loved me and tossed me away when she learned who I really was. She would have done the same to you."

My throat strains, and I shout, the deep sound violently hitting the walls of the conference hall.

"No- my mother loved me."

"She was a necessary causality for the world I am to build, she would have given her life to stop you from joining me, she was in the way. I gave her the chance of a life with love, leisure, and her son. She chose wrong."

My body shook, my claws violently slid from my human finger nails. I could feel a pytretic burn in my eyes. They were glowing orange and I couldn't restrain it.

"Stop, calm down."

The voice of the demon in me echoed in my head loudly, he stood beside me, his eyes sharp on me.

I attempted to shoulder his presence, but he persisted.

"Don't you see that you have to comply? There is no escape."

"NO!"

I scream.

I suck in a breath, realizing I had spoken aloud.

Agnes' eyes widened, watching me, curiously.

He steps towards me, looking with bemusement at the glow of my eyes, my claws that pointed rigidly into the air.

"Speaking to the demon inside of you, are you?"

I could feel both the demon and I freeze. We stand looking at the man before us, completely shaken.

"You know?"

Was all I could manage to say. The trembling had ceased, all there was left in my body was a cold numbness.

Agnes nods, offering me a cheerful smile that only succeeded in further disturbing me.

"Indeed. I searched, I hand selected one of the most powerful Incubus in this kingdom. It had to be of my own breed of course, and I needed this demon to be willing to possess you, so I lied to their clan."

I looked at the demon, who stood staring at Agnes, his features stagnant and blank.

Agnes continued, noting my loss of eye contact with the perk of an eyebrow.

" He possessed you thinking that you would grant him great power. Only, all he was doing was sacrificing his body so that the Incubus half of your soul could be awakened."

I could feel an ominous pressure building in my aura. The demon was silent beside me, his orange eyes watching Agnes with the liveliness of a corpse. But whatever was happening to him, I could feel it. A rage so pure that it rippled my aura, flowing over my body, wrapping around me like hot tendrils.

Agnes chuckled, taking the fallen chair by its back and returning it to its place at the table.

"It's a small price to pay in order for a hybrid to reach their full potential. I could have simply killed him, and forcefully infused his demon body with yours... But his clan wouldn't have had that."

I couldn't stop the tears that slid down my cheeks. I find the strength to speak, but my voice comes out shaken, weak. I feel the demon's eyes on me.

"You took that demon's life away from him. He's inside my soul, unable to move, a prisoner."

Agnes pressed a hand over his broken features, unable to contain the laughter that cackled sinisterly through the room.

"Is this empathy I am detecting? Empathy towards a demon? You are a peculiar specimen indeed, but what else would I expect from my son."

I find myself shouting, unable to stop myself, the anger, the sadness, everything threatening to drown me in my mind.

"DO NOT CALL ME YOUR SON."

The humor vanishes from the man's face. His eyes are suddenly burning, the lines on his face beginning to glow with that same orange. The composed man I knew was gone, and in its absence, a face of vehement rage questioned the man that preceded it to have even existed.

He hadn't spoken a word, and the doors of the hall crash open. The wolf guard was at my side, gripping my arm.

"Take my son back to his cell so that he can ponder the situation he's in, and how he is acting. Maybe he will finally decide to cooperate like a man."

He spat, and the demon drags me from my father. I leave him, not looking back as the demon escorts me from the large hall and into the darkness of the narrow passages.

...

I'm thrown back into my cell, my knees hitting the damp stone painfully.

The cell door clatters shut behind me.

I shakily press my back against one the stone walls, resting my face into my hands.

And as I sat in the dank cell, my body bucks as everything crashes down on me, my body finally registering the strenuous weight of everything that has happened to me simultaneously, suffocating me.

Tears drip down my arms and onto the stone floor.

My breathing was erratic, I gasped for air that didn't come to my lungs.

My mother. My life. Morgana. Everything.

And all that was left for me was the man who took it away.

A deep voice breaks through the darkness, shaking me.

"Get up."

Kneeling before me, the demon's bulky and naked form was draped in the shadow of the cell.

What?

I thought, wiping my face.

The demon's orange eyes leap out from the darkness, floating like two flames in the air.

"Get up. Escape. Kill him. Take the power of your demon half. Take it and truly make us one. My resistance to you has been the only thing keeping me in your soul.

The intensity of the demon's eyes sent a chill coiling my limbs.

You'll die.

Was all I could think.

The Incubus' gaze breaks mine. He stands, his eyes wondering the confinement of the cell.

"There is something inside of me. This feeling, these emotions for you, for a human of all things... It's the most alive I've felt my entire life."

He presses his clawed hands onto my shoulders, and I stand, trying to move, bringing my arms out to push him away, but they simply pass through the apparition.

No- stop- don't do this, your place in my mind is all that's left of your life. I-I need you.

The demon's eyes bore into mine. And for the first time, the orange glow of the Incubus' eyes was not something to fear, but something beautiful. The expression was so human, so real, that I no longer see the horns curved from his face, or the claws placed on my shoulders. A man stood before me, a man who had accepted his fate with himself.

Even with my stronger body, the aura that the demon was releasing rippled vehemently through my body, it was overwhelming and caused my muscles to contract, for my shirt to dampen and stick to my skin with the sweat that was glazing my body. I muster a breath.

"Goodbye - -"

My voice trails away, realizing that I did not know what to call him. If he even has a name, if the creature about to die for me could be called something other than a demon.

A smile spreads over the Incubus' lips, a genuine, and handsome smile.

The demon was fading, his body falling into mine in a shimmer of light, the orange glint of his eyes trailing over my body.

He spoke, his voice a softness that was unrecognizable, a human could have spoken.

"My name is Drakas."

He was gone.

Leaving me with an excruciating heat that wracked through my body. I was no longer the holder of a portion of my aura, I felt all of it pressing down violently into my body, all at once.

I look down, and my forearms, biceps, and triceps are swelling. I stumble, the sensation rippling in my legs, my pectorals, and abs.

My shirt was tightening against my body, it was ripping, gripping the convulsing and growing mass.

I tear off the shirt, it falling to the rest of the tattered cloth on the floor.

And as quickly as it came, the waves of heat dissipated, leaving me gasping on the cold stone floor. Although the change was much smaller than the first, I look down to a body of raw, herculean mass. I adorn my darkened Incubus skin, my claws pointed sharply from my hands, the familiar thin silvery trails running down my limbs. I get shakily to my feet. The shape of my cock unashamedly pressed out of my now tight pants.

All the fatigue I had felt in my recently healed body was gone.

I heard the wolf demon stir from where he stood outside of the cell, he peers into the darkness of my confinements, trying to spot me.

"What kind of fucking noises are ya' making back there, shut the hell up."

I step into the torch light.

The wolf's icy blue eyes widen, noticing a difference in my body, but struggling to believe it.

I stare into those eyes, feeling my now immense aura surging around me, pressing into him. The raw power I was releasing felt overwhelming to even me, it made my body tremble with excitement, causing my heart to race. I stand now as a full-fledged demon-hybrid.

The wolf scoffed at me.

"I've told you, your powers wont..."

Suddenly the wolf's breathing is erratic. I could feel his heartbeat, a heavy pound in his chest. I could feel the motion of his blood, surging through his veins and body, forcibly filling his member.

I reached through the bars, and the aroused wolf uncontrollably pressed his body into my hands, wanting nothing but my attention, a perfect trance.

A canine whine sounds through the prison as I snap his neck.

...

I clutch the wolf guard's key ring in my hands, stumbling through the prison, looking through each cell, most of them vacant and in perfect darkness.

"MORGANA!"

I exclaim. My heart was racing, she has to be here, she can't be dead. She has to be alive.

I hear the voice of the wolf who is now nothing but a disfigured corpse:

Don't even try to escape. You're surrounded by demons, you wouldn't be able to even take a step outside before getting cut down.

I have to find her, I'm running out of time.

Suddenly my vision erupts into a dizzying vibrance of colors. I feel myself lose my footing and I hit the floor with a hefty thump.

I see glimpses of a grand bed chamber, a man sitting on a large, neatly made bed, his orange eyes lost in contemplation.

Agnes.

His eyes look up to me. He stands, his features trembling, his mouth agape. His deep, demonic voice pounds into my ear.

"How are you escaping!"

I'm once again on the floor of the prison hall.

I gasp in the saturated air of the prison, forcing my shaken body to my feet.

We saw each other's Demon Songs. He knows.

I'm hurtling through the prison hall, checking each cell, refusing to leave without her. I can't leave without her.

I nearly pass another cell, but stop myself, thinking I saw a shape in its dark recesses.

My hands grab the bars, and I peer into the cell.

Barely visible by the dim illumination of the torches, I see the shape of a slender leg. My heart pounded in my throat as I unlocked the door, sliding it loudly open.

"Morgana-"

I say, panic rushing my words.

"We have to leave- now- my father knows I have escaped."

Only silence replied to my words, that echoed eerily against the prison walls.

The leg remained motionless, it could have belonged to a dead body.

"Laizen, my place. . . Is here."

I feel anger flush my cheeks, unable to control myself, I slam a fist into a cell bar, and it rang out like an aged bell.