The Denouncement Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I had a good time tonight Rob; maybe we can do it again."

As I was driving home I wondered what was wrong with me. Where did I get off thinking that just because a woman went out with me she was going to fall into bed with me? Lord knows it wasn't that way when I dated before I got married so why did I think it was different now? Of course it only took half a second to come up with the answer to that question. Gail Sue's rant on sex followed by Katrina's forward manner, Marge's outright promise that next Wednesday we were going to fuck topped off by Veronica's taking me home with her had me thinking that things had changed in the way women behaved or I was suddenly irresistible. Obviously it was neither - just a set of circumstances.

But overall things weren't bad. Roni had said that we could do it again sometime; Katrina implied she would be open to another date and if Marge was to be believed I was going to get laid the next time we stopped after work. Not too shabby for a guy suddenly single.

The red light was blinking on the answering machine when I got home. Of the five messages three were from Gail asking me to call her. I deleted them and went to bed.

++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday morning I got up bright and early, put my camping gear in the trunk of my car and headed for the lake. When I got there I pitched my tent and spent the weekend communing with nature. When I got home Sunday night the blinking red light told me that there were messages. Three from Gail which I deleted, one from my mother, one from my older sister and one from Veronica. It was too late to return the calls, but as I climbed into bed I wondered what Roni was calling for.

I was pouring coffee into my travel mug and getting ready to leave for work when the phone rang. I let the machine pick the call up and it was Gail again.

"Rob? I know you are there Rob. Pick up the phone. Please pick up Rob, we need to talk."

I debated answering. I suppose we would need to talk sooner or later, but I didn't want to start my week with a bummed out attitude so I walked out the door as she was saying, "Please Rob, answer the phone."

When I got to work I swung by Roni's office. I told her I'd been gone all weekend and had gotten back too late to return her call and then asked what she had called for.

"I was supposed to drive over to Waverton and spend the day with my mom, but she called and cancelled. Suddenly I had a free day and I thought maybe I could spend it with you."

"Damn the rotten luck. I would have liked that. Would you be free tonight?"

"I had something, but I can probably get out of it."

"Have dinner with me?"

"Okay."

"Leave from here or would you like to go home first?"

"We can go from here."

The day went by quickly as days do when you are busier than hell. I didn't even take time out for lunch. I did take the time to return my mom's call. She was just calling to see if I was okay and I told her that I was. Then I called my sister Jessica. She had just heard about Gail Sue's leaving me and wanted to know what was going on. I gave her the PG rated version:

"We just weren't getting along and decided to call it quits."

"I don't believe that for one minute Rob. I've never seen two people more suited to each other and in love with each other than Gail and you."

"What can I say Jess; she packed and walked out."

"You have a number where I can reach her?"

I did, but no way I was going to give it to my sister. The last thing I needed was for her to start meddling so I said:

"No, she hasn't bothered to let me know where she is or how to get in touch with her."

"Oh well, I guess I can just call her at work,"

Shit! I'd forgotten about that. "Leave it alone Jess. She's gone and I have accepted it. Don't go stirring things up."

"She's my friend Rob."

"And I'm family Jessica. Leave it be. Just stay out of it!"

I hung up the phone knowing that she wouldn't.

Dinner was nice and when I suggested we stop for drinks Roni told me that she would much rather I take her home. When we got to her place I walked her to her door. I had learned my lesson with Katrina and I wasn't going to take anything for granted so I leaned down to kiss Roni on the cheek and was getting ready to tell her that I'd had a nice time and had enjoyed myself when she grabbed my tie and said, "You aren't going anywhere" and she pulled me into her apartment.

We dropped clothes all the way to the bedroom and then made love twice. After the first time she sucked my cock to get me hard for the second time and I couldn't help but think about the fact that I had refused to let Gail Sue give me the pleasure that Veronica was giving me. The second session took longer than the first and after I had cum I fell to the bed next to Roni and lay there looking up at the ceiling.

"A penny for your thoughts."

I turned and smiled at her. "After Gail left I thought that it would take me forever to get to the point where I would be seeing some one else. Fortunately I was wrong."

I started to get off the bed and Roni said, "Where are you going?"

"Home. I need to get out of here so you can get some sleep."

"Silly boy" she said as she reached for my cock and gently pulled me back down. "I can sleep cuddled up next to you."

We stopped at a Village Inn on the way to work in the morning and over pancakes and bacon I asked Roni why she wasn't spoken for.

"I was married once and I didn't like it. I didn't like being tied down with any one man. I wanted to sample what was out there and for some reason my husband wasn't all that keen on sharing me."

"So I'm being sampled?"

"Does it bother you?"

"Not really. I too new at this single bit to let much bother me. Truth is I guess just coming off of a one on one relationship I'm in the mood to do some sampling too. What are the limits of your sample policy? Am I about to be thrown back or will I be around for a while?"

"Are you familiar with the term friends with benefits?"

"I've heard it used a time or two."

"That's what I would like. No need to be exclusive, but when I feel the need I'd like to be able to call you and I would want you to feel the same way about calling me."

"Well, it is all new to me and I'm not sure that I want to get into another permanent relationship for a while so I guess I can do "friends with benefits."

To be continued.

12