The Derkelyng

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the fuckis that smell?"

"Blade." Lander took a deep breath. "I can smell your arousal. And while I'm enjoying that very much, you should know any Derkelyng within fifty feet of you can smell your desire too. You are unmarked as of yet, and... Hell, I'd really hate to kill someone this soon in our relationship."

My head whirled, and I took a deep breath, then another, then another yet again. The scent filled me. All there was around me was that smell. It was the only thing that mattered to me, the only thing that... I wanted to roll around in that—

My eyes snapped open. "Wait, what the fuck do you mean 'relationship'?"

Lander kissed my knuckles. "You are my mate. Surely you must know that? That scent you smell is me, just as I can scent you. It's how we know we've found our mate. You, my knife-wielding human, are the one who will belong to me, as I will belong to you. Already the ties that bind us have started."

For a whole minute, I stared at Lander. That seemed to be the name of the game tonight... staring. Nothing moved, not even a breeze. Even the small animals around us had gone silent. Nothing registered in my brain—no sound, no meaning, just nothing.

When higher functioning kicked in, I pivoted on my heel and... ran. I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I was deep in their—his—territory. There was noplace for me to run, nowhere to hide.

They were all around me as I ran pell-mell down the street, those red eyes tracking me, fangs gleaming in the moonlight. Not one of them stalked me, though. Whispers followed me as I ran, but not one of them tried to stop me.

Suddenly I was picked up off my feet, my body floating off the ground, my back to his chest. My balance was thrown off and my stomach lurched. Right before he lifted me, I felt him brush against my mind. Just a second or two. I had to wonder if that was the tie he'd spoken of earlier.

I also knew why none of the others had interfered. Lander had me well in hand, apparently. I fingered the knife on my hip, wondering how much he thoughthe had me under control. Maybe if I stabbed him, I could...? Dammit. The thought bothered me. Since when did killing one of these things bother me? What the hell? What exactly was this bond between us?

"Easy there." Lander held me close as we hovered above the ground. "I take it my news comes as a shock. I am sorry for that, but how can you not know this? I thought—"

I shivered in his arms. "Humans don't know that much about your kind. We hate you, you kill us."

Lander sighed heavily, his breath ruffling my hair. "Maybe your tribe of humans' feels that way. Not all do. Have you not noticed the humans here in the city?"

"Right, humans as pets. You know, I'd think more clearly if my feet were on the ground."

Lander's soft laugh wrapped around me as he lowered us to the ground. "One day we will soar over the city because you have asked. Now, those you see are not all pets. Actually, most are mates."

Once my feet were back on Earth, I pulled out of his arms and faced Lander. "Thanks, that's better. Okay, we just assumed you mated with your own kind and used us as... entertainment."

Lander ran his hand over my hair. "Some do, some don't. Can't the same be said of humans? Blade, we are more similar than you think. Like your species, my kind has good and bad in their midst. I do have to admit I have as much to learn about you as you do about me."

I gaped at Lander.

"I'm not worried about others, Blade. It's you that matters to me."

"But, I don't want to be a killer." Even as the words left my mouth, I cringed. I was a killer. I had killed, maybe it wasn't in cold blood, but I'd taken several lives through the years. I'd had to—it was either them or me, and I had no problem with that.

Chapter Four

Lander nudged Blade's chin up. "Killing because you haveto and killing because you liketo are two totally different things. I think you know that. You have killed because you've had to, yes?"

"Yes."

"Then I don't think you'll suddenly turn into a monster that thirsts for blood. You do know we can feed without killing?"

"No, that wasn't in the pamphlet sent out by the local chapter."

Lander shook his head, a smile once more playing around his mouth. He reached out and touched his human's lips. So soft and warm. "I think I'm going to enjoy your sense of humor. Few rarely dare speak their mind to me."

"Why?"

Lander moved closer. "Because I hold a position of power. I tend to intimidate others." Lander ran his thumb over Blade's bottom lip. "But, I don't think I intimidate you."

Blade's mouth parted. "I-I-I... You could break me in half."

Lander stepped closer, their lower bodies touching. "Why would I want to do that when bending you over the nearest surface is much more satisfying?"

"Mother of God."

Lander heard the whispered words right before he sealed his lips over Blade's. The warmth hit him first, followed by the softness. Lander buried one hand in Blade's hair. His other hand grasped Blade's hip, pulling them tightly together. Blade moaned, and the sound cut through Lander. So sweet, so... needy. That need would be his and only his.

"Open," Lander breathed against Blade's lips.

A brief hesitation, then Lander felt the tremble that raced through Blade. Slowly those lips opened and Lander swept inside, trembling himself at the first taste of Blade. Oh yes, the male tasted as good as he thought he would. Their tongues dueled, caressing and rubbing against each other. Lander tightened his hand in Blade's hair, tilting his head back a bit more.

"So sweet." Lander nibbled at Blade's lips, then moved to his jaw.

"What... what...?" Blade shivered again.

"Shhh. All I'm doing is kissing you. Nothing more."

"No biting."

"No, my sweet, no biting."

Lander did nip Blade's throat, a small little sting that didn't even break the skin. Of course he wasn't going to bite Blade out there in the middle of the street with other Derkelyng not far away. He'd be buried deep in Blade's ass first. Blade wasn't ready, either. They still had many things to talk through.

And, frankly, Lander didn't relish the idea of Blade taking a knife to him. Although, he might not mind a little blood play, as long as Blade knew it was play. He wouldn't convert Blade until Blade askedfor it. When Blade thrust against him, Lander came back to exactly where they were.

He brought the kiss to an end, his thumb tracing over Blade's wet lips. "Will you come with me to my apartment?"

"Why?"

"I want to finish what was started here. I need to make love to you—claim you."

"No biting?" Lander bit his lip, frowning.

"No biting."

"Okay, then. How far is it?"

Lander pulled Blade against his chest. "Just walking? It's a little bit of a hike. Lean your head on my shoulder and close your eyes. You'll feel the breeze as I move through the streets. I'm going to be moving at a high rate of speed, but I won't allow you to get hurt. We'll be a few inches off the ground, not actually flying. Will you allow this?"

"As long as we're close to the ground."

Lander grinned. "One day we willfly."

Blade grunted, but didn't say a word as he leaned his head against Lander. Once he had Blade comfortable, Lander lifted off the ground, just a few inches, and moved quickly down the street. Not a word came from his human, but Lander did feel Blade clutching his shirt. So brave. What a mate he will be.

He glanced down. Blade's eyes were squeezed tightly closed. Lander hummed in pleasure as Blade buried his face deeper in his shirt to avoid the wind. He held Blade closer when he felt that slightly cool nose sniff his skin. Every instinct said to hell with it, bite Blade. All he'd need was a few seconds to sink his fangs in and inject the venom... and that would be it.

Blade wouldn't be able to move, and Lander could drain him nearly dry, then give Blade his blood. By nightfall of the next night, Blade would be one of them. He'd have all the strengths the Derkelyng had.

And Blade would probably take his head for that too.

"We're almost there," Lander whispered and felt Blade nod.

Moments later, Lander set Blade on his feet in front of a huge steel and glass building. "This is mine. My business is here, as is my home. The whole building is mine."

Blade staggered, his hand reaching for Lander as his knees tried to buckle. "Wow, I didn't know you guys lived in such nice... I mean, I thought...Shit, never mind."

"You thought we lived like animals?"

"Well..."

"You thought we live like animals because we areanimals, yes?"

Blade defiantly raised his eyes. "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..."

Lander's shoulders shook with laughter. "I haven't heard that in a long time. And that well may be the case, at times. But not always. I also know what else you're going to say."

Blade crossed his arms. "What's that?"

"That you've never seen one of my kind act as anything other than a monster."

"If the shoe fits, buddy."

Lander's soft chuckle echoed around them. "I swear, I haven't laughed this much in ages. Thank you, Blade. Now, will you come with me?"

"I-I... sure."

Lander held the door open, watching as Blade walked past and into his building. His soon-to-be mate had a fine ass. He couldn't wait to wrap his hands around it. The other Derkelyng that worked in his building respectively lowered their eyes as he escorted Blade to the elevators that would take them to the top floor—his home.

He understood humans thought they were nothing more than animals. There was a time that was correct, in the beginning.

The war had destroyed so much, but it had hit the humans especially hard. But now, pure Derkelyngs—like Rider and others—were trying to change that. They were attempting to rebuild, and then, maybe, they could help the humans. But it was going to take time. The humans thought the Derkelyng were animals? Well, way too many Derkelyng thought of humans as... cattle.

Blade's head was constantly moving as he looked around. "Wow, nice place you've got here. I thought most of the building had been destroyed during the war."

"That's true. The big cities up north were hit especially hard. The capital of this country was located there. That was where the first wave of attacks was located. By the time the war had gotten down here to the south, the fighting wasn't as bad and the destruction wasn't as significant."

Lander eyed a fish tank in the middle of the walkway. "Shit, you have electricity and running water full time?"

Lander motioned to the elevators. "Indeed. One hundred ten floors is a lot to walk up and I like a hot bath as well as the next guy."

Blade frowned at the elevator doors. "Are you sure this is safe?"

"As safe as most anything else in this life." Lander held the elevator door open. "If it helps, I've never been trapped in one. And if something did happen, I could get us out."

Blade blew out a breath and stepped in the elevator. "Right, that whole 'stronger than a human' thing."

Lander followed Blade inside. "It's going to take time, Blade, but I do think our two peoples can live together in peace."

"With your species as the dominate ones."

"Well, humans aren't at the top of the food chain anymore, I'm afraid to say. So yes, the Derkelyng will probably be the dominant class."

"And humans will be second-class citizens."

Lander didn't say anything as the elevator stopped and then opened. "I don't know what to say except that both races have a long way to go before we can even think about such things. For right now, let's just concentrate on us. That, at least, we can do something about." Lander stepped off the elevator into a spacious apartment. "Won't you join me, Blade? Welcome to my home."

Chapter Five

"Nice place."

But then again, anything beats dirt floors and cave walls. And Heaven help me, he has lights and running water. Oh man, there has to be hot water too. I bet the one thing I don't find around here is something to eat.

I walked into the main room, which was decorated in black and white.

Fuck, I'm afraid to touch anything. All that white is just asking to get messed up.

There were metal lamps on glass tables and a fireplace at one end of the room. I saw an eating area off to the side.

Huh, bet he can cook in there. Well, that is if he actually ate.

Through a partially open door, I saw what appeared to be a working bathroom. Which would be great, except the Derkelyng didn't need bathrooms. They didn't eat, didn't sweat, didn't... didn't do anything that a living person did.

I glanced in an oval mirror over a sink. It had been a long time since I'd seen my reflection. The wetness from the earlier rain had darkened my light blond hair. Tired brown eyes with dark circles under them stared back at me. For someone so young, I looked old and used-up.

I jumped when Lander hugged me from behind. There was that damn scent again, swirling inside my head, making me want.

"Let me show you the bedroom, my sweet."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my pounding heart. Lander grabbed my hand and I stumbled along. My knees were shaking, and the bulge at the front of my pants was more than a little noticeable. Lander stopped in front of a door, glanced down at me and licked his lips.Well Jesus, I just thought I was hard. Fuck, I want to bite those lips.

With a grand display, Lander threw open a door and gestured to a large room dominated by a bed covered in white fur. All the furniture was black, even the floor looked black, but it gleamed. That was kind of cool. I knew there was stone that had that kind of shine, but I didn't know the name of it. Wasn't like there was much of it from where I came from.

There were abstract pictures on the walls, done in black and white, and... I raised an eyebrow. One whole wall was glass. I stepped over to it and looked down. The night lights were spread out below.

I waved at the glass. "Um, that's kind of dangerous, isn't it?"

Lander glanced at the windows and shrugged. "The glass is nearly impossible to break and coated in a pitch-black tint. You just can't tell that at night. Plus, as a backup, there are metal shutters that close before daybreak."

"Still, I'd think you wouldn't want glass within an inch of you."

Lander smoothed my damp hair off my neck. "I like to live dangerously."

A full body shiver racked me as cool lips touched the side of my neck. "You must."

Lander's hands reached around to undo the buttons that ran up my shirt. "I get the feeling I'm not alone in that, though."

I didn't answer. I was too busy watching my shirt being opened a button at a time. Lander's slim, nimble fingers spread my shirt open, exposing my chest as his lips skimmed up my neck. Those pale hands eased my shirt off, letting it drop to the floor. I held my breath as those hands returned to touch, to stroke.

Lander's fingers traced a scar on a rib, then continued the journey up my chest, heading closer and closer to... My breath rushed out as he ran a nail over my nipple. Both nubs beaded, standing up, wanting more attention. Lander rubbed his finger over the peak, teasing it until I thought I'd scream. I wanted... I wanted...

"How do you think it would feel if I played with both?"

"I-I-I..." That was a far as I got.

Lander grasped both nipples, pulling and tugging... and my brain short-circuited. Never had I felt anything like it. The sensations went straight from my nipples to my cock. I couldn't think, all I wanted was more. The harder he tugged, the more I ached for more.

Shit, I'd had sex before, but it had been nothing more than getting off. We certainly didn't touch each other, not for pleasure. It had been all about getting a cock up an ass, and that was all. There was no kissing, no playing with nipples. I certainly never had been into pain. But the harder he twisted, the more precome my cock wept. If he kept that up, I might just come.Shit, what had I been missing all this time?

"Fuck," I whispered, both of my hands covering Lander's.

"Are you trying to stop me, or trying to help?" Lander ground his dick against my ass. I wanted to feel that as soon as I could with no clothes between us.

"I..." A slightly hysterical giggle popped out of me. "I'm not sure."

Lander trapped both nipples between his fingers, the tips aching and stiff above his fingers. "Rub your fingers across them. Feel what I feel when I touch you."

"Jesus." Okay, that was fucking hot. Then I ran the pads of my fingers across those trapped nubs and my knees damn near buckled from the shock. "Holy shit."

"You are so responsive. I can't wait to make love to you, show you all the things... You'll lose your mind, trust me, at what I want to do."

I licked my lips. "Like... like what?"

Lander pinched my nipples harder. "Mmm, I think I'd like to clamp these pretty nips with clothespins, first off. Something nice and easy that won't freak you out too much."

I arched against Lander. "Clothespin? There? And that won't freak me out?"

Lander's hand drifted down to the bulge in my pants, the heel of his hand rubbing hard against my cock. Then that naughty hand pinched the inside of my thigh near my dick. "Not as much as having the pins down here." A desperate moan echoed through the apartment. Was that me moaning like that?

"Holy... fuck." I rubbed my ass harder against his dick. Shit, that sounded like it hurt, and I fucking couldn't wait. I was hard enough to pound nails. "Do... do that again."

"Do what?"

"Pinch me."

"Huh, seems like we might have the making of a pain slut here." Lander's fingers caressed the top of my stomach, making the muscles jump under his fingers. I grunted when he pinched the skin right above the waistband of my pants.

"Lander... please?"

"Oh, my sweet, yes. Whatever you want, I'll give you."

Lander undid the button on my pants. I never knew pants being unzipped could sound so sexy. Suddenly, I couldn't wait. I jerked away from the shelter of his arms and sat on the bed. Off came my boots.

"I want... I want... Fuck, Lander. I want to feel you busting my ass open." I undid all the buckles and snaps on my pants and wiggled out of them.

Lander launched himself at me and we fell across the bed. Between his hands and mine, we managed to strip him too. We rolled around on that huge bed, the fur bedspread tickling my legs, clothes thrown everywhere. My hands were all over him, touching and teasing. His body was like mine, long and lean, with very little hair... only cooler, much cooler.

Lander flipped us and I ended up on top of him, my knees by his hips, his body pressed to mine. "You are so beautiful, Blade. I can't wait to make you mine."

"Jesus, I've never... never... fuck, you're a Derkelyng. What the fuck am I doing?"

Lander buried his hands in my hair and pulled me down closer to him. "I'm more than that, Blade. I'm also your mate. Yes, we are different, but...I've scented you. There's no way I can let you go now. I need you, Blade."

Shit, I wasn't sure I could let him go now, either. And didn't that just fuck the whole deal up? "I-I... fuck."

Lander grinned at me. "Fuck sounds like a grand idea. Then maybe the rest will seem less threatening."

"Yeah, screw it."

Lander smoothed my hair out of the way. "Favorite position?"

"For me or you?"

Lander snorted. "How do youlike to be fucked?"

I nipped the tip of his nose. "Hands and knees. But you should know I'm not always going to be catching."

"Huh." Lander flipped us again.

Good thing I didn't get motion sickness. I found myself on my hands and knees, just like I said, with my ass in the air.