The Destruction of the Vlkolak Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,733 Followers

He sat up slowly, trying not to disturb Zsigmond and Istvan. They had been up until the wee hours, arguing about which of their eight brothers had the most beautiful mate. He was sure they all paled in comparison to his flame-haired wolf. At the thought of her, his wolf whined. He knew the time was nearing for him to take his mate. He could picture it in his mind, her tail flagging behind her as she awaited him. He wanted to hear her howling her pleasure as he thrust into her, as he seated his knot and planted his seed inside her. Guillame closed his eyes and smiled.

He felt them before he heard them. He opened his left eye, and then his right. The two males were inches from Guillame's face.

"Sleep well, brother?" Istvan whispered into Guillame's right ear.

"Thinking of tonight, hmm?" Zsigmond grunted into his left ear.

Guillame immediately covered the obvious truth of his thoughts as his new brothers laughed heartily at his expense.

"We will bathe in the river." Zsigmond shifted and the large black wolf looked over his shoulder, waiting patiently for Guillame.

"Am I not allowed to be alone?"

"Not until you are mated, brother." Istvan smiled and shifted, standing in front of him, waiting.

Guillame shook his head, sighed, and shifted, joining the black wolves as they ran out the door to the river. The black wolves ran on either side of the brown male. Guillame was not sure of the purpose. Were they there to keep him from Orsolya? To keep her from him? They ran past Grandmother's house, and he caught a fleeting glimpse of red hair through a window. Was she watching him as he ran by? He was staring over his shoulder at the house as he ran until Istvan bumped him hard from the right. He growled in annoyance and turned his attention to the trail.

The cold water greeted the wolves as they leapt into the fast-moving river. Guillame watched as the pack's males began assembling at the riverbank. This was a large pack. He hadn't realized how large until now. Yesterday he had met the high-ranking betas, but now every male was here to meet the Alpha's new son-in-law. When Zsigmond and Istvan shifted, Guillame did as well. He thanked the omega who held out a bar of lye and a cloth so he could wash himself. He saw the stares at the red lines that crossed his chest and abdomen, all that remained of the fight with the bear. Even those would be gone soon.

Ártur arrived at the river, smiling as he thanked his pack for their congratulations. This would be a proud day for him. His daughter would mate at the Ice Moon and fulfill her destiny, Allegria's destiny. He knew that his daughters were the reason he and Allegria had been brought together by the fates. This night would bind Guillame and Orsolya to the pack's future. Ártur swiftly disrobed and joined his sons in the river. Any human would soon have died in the cold water. Luckily, werewolves were a hardier race.

His voice boomed across the rushing water. "Are you ready for tonight, my boy?" He flashed a broad smile as he began to lather his body with the harsh soap.

"Yes, Sir, my brothers have taught me well." Guillame did feel ready. He had always hoped to find a mate, but had always thought his own father and brothers would surround him. He would imagine they were here. But Ártur and his sons would fill the void. He already found a camaraderie with them he had not expected. Guillame had finished his bathing and waded back to shore. He was about to shift back to his wolf form when a small blond ball of fur streaked towards him and jumped into his arms, bowling him over.

Guillame landed on his back with a thud, laughing and trying to sit up as the cub jumped on and off his chest. "Szebasztián, is that you?"

The cub shifted and the little boy stood smiling at his new found friend. "Good morning Sir! By tonight you will be family, and I will call you uncle." He beamed at the male laying on the ground.

"Szebasztián, you may call me anything you wish. You are my friend for life." The little boy stuck out his hand and grasped Guillame's arm like an adult.

Istvan watched his son with pride. He came up behind him and laid a hand on his head, smiling at Guillame. "I had not thanked you yet, Guillame. I let Szebasztián do it for us."

Guillame was shocked. He had not known the boy was Istvan's son, Ártur's grandson. "You are very welcome, Istvan."

"And you will save him again, and the rest of the cubs. We will be forever in your debt, brother, with no way to repay you." He ruffled his son's blond mop of hair. "Now, we have a fire pit to prepare." He shifted and waited for Guillame and his brother before running into the woods.

-----------------------------------

Ártur walked into Leona's house, watching his daughters prepare for the evening's festivities. Orsolya looked so much like her mother, it took his breath away. The golden gown glinted. Her red hair fell in ringlets around her face and over her shoulders. Her green eyes shone like emeralds.

Orsolya twirled, getting used to the flow of the skirt, and saw Ártur standing in the doorway. Her face lit up as she ran to him. "Father, how do I look? Am I as beautiful as mother was in this dress?" She held the skirt out and turned slowly, watching him over her shoulder for his reaction. When she saw his grin, she squealed with delight.

"You look ravishing, my little bear, just like your mother. Guillame will be pleased." He moved to Zsálya's side and hugged her to him. "What do you think of your sister, hmm?"

Zsálya sighed and showed a rare smile. "Orsolya, you are truly a beautiful vision. I am so happy for you."

Leona clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "We must hurry. The hunt will start soon. Zsálya, get the cover for your sister."

Zsálya went to the wall where a hooded cloak hung waiting. It was plain and would hide her beauty from Guillame until the right moment. She held it out for Orsolya, but hated to see her put it on. Beauty like hers should be shared, not hidden from view. But this was their pack's way.

When they left the house, the pack's females gathered around them, Orsolya in the center with her sister and grandmother on either side of her. Orsolya arrived at the clearing just as the males arrived from the other side.

The betas surrounded Guillame, clothed in a sapphire-blue linen shirt that matched his eyes perfectly. Istvan and Zsigmond walked on either side, with Szebasztián proudly walking next to his new uncle. Both groups stopped in the center of the clearing.

Ártur climbed to the top of the rock formation at the outer ring of the clearing. Both groups and the other members of the pack turned as one to watch him closely.

"Tonight, we welcome the Ice Moon and ask her for guidance through the dark winter months. She has brought me a new son, a mate for my daughter Orsolya." He paused for a moment. There were a few of the pack who had not yet heard the news, and they looked around to try and find the male. "He has already proven his worthiness by saving Istvan's son from a marauding bear. But at this time, if any wolf wishes to challenge him for the right to mate with Orsolya, then he must come forward now."

There was quiet as heads turned to see if anyone would come forward to contest their joining. Any wolf who could win against a full-grown bear would be an admirable opponent. No one moved.

Ártur waited an acceptable period of time before continuing. "Guillame, step forward."

Guillame, along with the escort of his new brothers and nephew, walked into the center of the clearing. The betas backed away to the edge. Now the whole pack could see him. He strained to see through the group of females, but Orsolya was completely hidden.

"Are there any that question his fitness to be mate to Orsolya?" Ártur scanned the group and saw no one ready to speak. "Orsolya, step forward."

The females opened their circle around the cloaked figure who walked carefully, guided by Leona and Zsálya. They stopped a few paces from Guillame.

Guillame could not make out Orsolya's face at all with the hood surrounding it. Her body was completely hidden by the plain cloak. This was much different than his own pack's customs. He smiled to himself. This was his pack now. He belonged wherever Orsolya was. He tried to calm his wolf, who was spinning in his head. He had caught her scent, lilac and birch, and could think of nothing but mating now. Guillame told him to be patient. He would have his time.

"Guillame, do you wish to take my daughter, Orsolya, as your mate?"

Guillame grinned. "Yes, Alpha, I do."

"Orsolya, do you agree to mate with Guillame?" Ártur saw the nod of her head.

"Guillame, you must prove yourself worthy to care for a mate. I know you will be able to protect her; you have proven that by driving away the bear. But now you must prove you can provide for her. You will lead the males in the hunt. If what you bring back for the pack is not sufficient, Orsolya will reject you. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Alpha, understood." Guillame watched for Ártur's nod, which he knew meant they would begin. He stripped off his clothing as the betas did the same.

The pack's females took an appreciative look at his nude body before he shifted. There were winks and smiles, and he heard snippets of conversations. "Orsolya will be pleased tonight."

When all the males had disrobed, Guillame shifted first, the others following closely behind. The large brown wolf looked behind him, his sparkling blue eyes still evident as he looked quickly at the robed figure waiting for his return. He turned his attention to the two black wolves who flanked him who would show him the way to the hunting grounds. Then, it was all up to him. He was expected to bring back the biggest game. He fully expected to succeed.

The pack of wolves traveled miles before reaching the hunting grounds. The large brown wolf in the lead stopped and lifted his nose to scent the air. The pack behind him did the same. They all smelled it, a herd of Fallow Deer. They followed their leader through the brush until they came to the edge of the forest and looked out into a meadow dotted with the dark brown hides with white speckling. The males sported antlers that spanned several arm lengths. There were four. Guillame knew he needed to catch something much larger than this to prove himself, but he would help the pack take these to begin the hunt.

He lowered himself to the ground and began the slow crawl into position, the betas spread around him doing the same. They slowly and carefully made a complete circle around the unsuspecting deer. The betas watched their leader, and when he moved in closer, they did the same. Guillame stopped and waited for all to be in position. He looked at Zsigmond on one side and Istvan on the other. He nodded his head and the three moved forward, low to the ground, ears flat against their heads. The others waited patiently.

Suddenly, the brown wolf leapt up and began running at the bucks, Zsigmond and Istvan by his side. The deer froze for just a second and then spun around, running towards freedom, or so they thought. They ran headlong into the pack of betas, and were quickly slaughtered. Guillame and the two black wolves caught up to them, proud of their hunters. These four would be dragged back to the compound and the remainder of the wolves would continue to look for prey.

They next came upon a group of wild boar, ferocious when cornered, but once conquered, food for many. The betas dragged eight of them back to the waiting pack. Guillame quickly calculated how many each would feed and how many more animals they needed to take. Three large animals should do it. There were five wolves remaining. If they each brought back one, that would be more than sufficient.

The five wolves continued through the wooded area, moving slowly, carefully, searching. Guillame heard a strange clacking noise. He moved forward, looking through a bush and smiled to himself. There they were. They would be the last of the game they needed to kill. The Red Stags had to be at least two hundred kilos each, the largest closer to two hundred fifty. That would be his.

Each of the wolves chose a stag and took position in the circle so as to be in line to take it down. They closed the circle quickly and any stag who wanted to escape would have to chance leaping over the sharp teeth of their hunters. One by one, the stags lost the battle until the only one who remained was the largest.

The huge stag and Guillame faced each other. Guillame moved slowly, staring at the animal that stared back at him. His antlers could do much damage if they hit him in the wrong place. The stag dropped his head, leading with the deadly points that could impale the wolf and kill him if he hit just the right angle. The two adversaries circled each other warily. Both knew that one would die and the other would live. This was a fight to the death. There would be no escape.

The other wolves watched as Guillame stalked his prey, sizing him up, waiting for just the right moment to move in for the kill. He saw his chance and took it, rushing in and slashing at the surprised animal's throat, taking him down in one swift attack. The others sat stunned. They had never seen a single wolf take down as large a beast without assistance. Once the huge animal was dead, he took a hold of it and began to pull with all his might. It would take hours to return to the clearing. It would be well past the full moon. What would happen if they hadn't returned in time?

Guillame turned when he heard the welcoming barks from the betas and saw the group of wolves who had come to help them haul their kills. He looked at Zsigmond and Istvan and realized they had called for help so they could return in time for the Ice Moon.

Orsolya anxiously awaited the return of her big brown wolf. Every sound from the woods caused her to jump up and look off into the distance. She heard laughter from some of the other females when they noticed. But she didn't care. Leona watched her with amusement as Orsolya sat down, her hands fidgeting in her lap. After the first group arrived with the Fallow Deer she had hoped that Guillame would be close behind. But only the males dragging in the boar came into the clearing.

When the males went back out as her father smiled, she knew her wolf would be back soon. She looked at the horizon where the sun dipped below the mountains and the moon rose on the other side. The Ice Moon was approaching. Her life would change this night.

Orsolya stood when she saw the Red Stags being dragged into the clearing. She strained to see Guillame but the brown wolf was not there yet. She saw Istvan and Zsigmond, each with a large buck in his mouth, being helped by several of the betas. Where was he? Had something happened?

The betas had pulled in the last of their kill and sat, tails wagging, tongues hanging out, watching the edge of the tree line. The large brown wolf pulled hard on the body he dragged behind him. There were gasps from the assembled werewolves. It was the largest Red Stag they had ever seen. And Istvan and Zsigmond had witnessed the brown wolf take it down with one bite through its throat. Guillame dragged the buck and left it in front of Orsolya. He backed up and shifted, wiping the blood off his mouth with the back of his hand.

He looked at the shrouded figure before him. If he hadn't scented the birch and lilac, he wouldn't know it was even her under the simple cloth. "I hope my kill has met your expectations, my love. I will provide for you for the time we have together on this earth. I would do anything to care for you, Orsolya." His voice dropped to a soft whisper. "Anything."

Orsolya watched her mate through the opening in the hood. She could see him, he could not see her. His muscles rippled under his skin, the veins standing out from the exertion. She looked down at the massive beast at her feet and scanned the many kills the betas had made, more than enough to feed the pack. She looked up at her father and slowly nodded.

Guillame looked at Ártur, who smiled broadly.

"Guillame, you have pleased my daughter. That is a rare feat. You have proven yourself to me, to this pack, and to her. You may take your mate." Ártur was beaming with pride. His daughter could not have found a better mate. He was indeed worthy of her love, and of shouldering the burden that was meant for the two of them.

lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,733 Followers
12