The Dragon Slayer...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The King watched both Lance and Derig intently until they agreed. Then the king rose and took his wife's hand and they left the room, apparently dinner was over.

Being here for a month waiting sounded like hell to Lance. But then, he could always put his energies into derailing Derig. He could also get to know the princess and decide if he wanted to throw his hat into that ring. He couldn't help but glance over as Lara and her ladies maid Stephanie walked out. Lara had a natural grace in her movements that drew his eyes like a fly to honey.

Yeah, based on looks alone it would be a foregone conclusion, the princess was very alluring, but before he'd even consider tying himself down he needed to make sure she was as intelligent as the spark in her eyes had indicated. He wanted, no needed a challenging partner. He'd had enough of the empty headed gold digging beauties that had thrown themselves at him over the years.

Not all women were like that of course, not even most of them. It just seemed that most of the high born women were that way, entitled, vain, and selfish. He shuddered. He wished he could find someone clever and beautiful like the waitress at that tavern, or even the sexy Cirillia, but who was also high enough in status he could get away with marrying. He really wasn't that picky, but he knew Duchess Katherine wouldn't approve his marriage to anyone of low station.

He knew that of course, because he had tried once when he fell for a young woman from his nearest village. His Barony fell inside Katherine's Duchy, and he was obliged to get her approval. Technically he could ask the king, but he knew that would be political folly, Duchess Katherine wasn't someone anyone crossed lightly, not if they wanted to live.

He was deep in thought when he got back to his room and walked in. He made it halfway across the room when a very amused voice broke into his thoughts.

"Shouldn't a dragon slayer be more observant of his surroundings," said a light tinkling voice.

He snapped his head in the voices direction and saw the princess with an amused smile on her face and twinkling green eyes. Her athletic form was more apparent now that he was seeing her standing, but he couldn't look away from her face. He found himself speechless, and barely noticed Stephanie next to and a little behind the princess with a bemused smile on her face.

He cleared his throat, "Princess? Is there something I can do for you?"

She nodded, "I wanted to talk to you about... dragons."

His eyes scrunched in confusion, he hadn't been expecting that. Then he nodded as if it suddenly made sense to him.

"Right, your father wouldn't let you speak at the table, I'd welcome any opinion you'd like to share, or a question? Although I'm not quite sure my bedroom is the proper place for it?"

She waved that off and said archly, "Stephanie is here to ensure my good behavior, although I think I might be able to control myself and keep our distance."

He shook his head, "I was concerned with the gossiping tongues of others if they find out you're in my bedchamber, no matter the truth of our meeting, not because I thought..."

He trailed off, clearly at a loss. Did she think he was that arrogant? They were strangers but he was still bothered by that for some reason.

Her eyes seemed to lose their edge, "My apologies, I'm afraid that I judged you based on your... peer," she said the last word with contempt.

Clearly she'd spoken to Derig, and just as clearly he wouldn't need to sabotage that situation at all, she was too smart to fall for his smarmy... He shook his head to clear his thoughts, it was also another point in her favor in his mind.

"Take a seat if you wish?"

She nodded and sat down on the couch, he felt at loose ends a moment, reluctant to join her there for the impropriety of it, then backed up a couple of feet and sat in the chair by the desk. She looked at him clearly amused by the effect she was having on him, he didn't think that was very fair, considering the way she was ambushing him in his guest room.

She smiled warmly this time, "So the dragons?"

He asked, "What about them? Do you have a theory?"

She nodded slowly, "Yes. But I have a question for you first; do you think dragons are evil?"

He shook his head, "No. I know some claim that, but I don't believe that. There are places dragons hunt and roam free down south, where no men live. I think they are for the most part, wild animals, some of which consider humans prey. Just that simple, like a lion hunts gazelle."

She took a deep breath which meant it took some effort to keep his eyes on her face. She wasn't overly gifted in that area, but she was perfectly proportioned, and they were definitely more than a handful, and his hands were quite large.

"I think the dragons have always been here, in my kingdom I mean. I think it would be... a mistake to attack them. I believe that they are fine if we just leave them alone, they aren't hunting humans to feed, so they must be going after game and the like. Do you suppose some dragons might be smart enough not to attack humans, to keep their distance in a type of... wary truce? I fear if they are attacked..."

"The truce would be broken," his eyes narrowed slightly as he finished the thought she'd left unsaid, "Still, that's a lot of assumptions. They attacked the mercenaries, who are human after all, and once a wild animal gets a taste for human, they usually need to be put down."

Her eyes narrowed, "But suppose, they could smell death. What if they attacked the mercenaries merely because of that smell, to remove them as a blight to the land. Remember, the dragon didn't eat one mercenary, only killed them, and then ate a horse and stole two others. No taste for human involved."

He frowned, "Are you suggesting they actually defended the village, the kingdom, and we should just leave them alone? I know dragons are intelligent and cunning, but that's..."

She shrugged, "I know I don't have any proof, just implications from what they did, or more specifically what it didn't do, but neither do you have proof. If they went wild and became human hunters why haven't they attacked since?"

He wasn't sure what to think. Some dragon slayers believed dragons were simply dumb brutes, he was pretty sure they were clever and intelligent, but self awareness? He didn't believe that, or at least, he couldn't know it. A dragon had never stopped and talked philosophy with him as they tried to kill each other after all.

He nodded, "I have history, and my personal experience. I will say though, that this situation has a different feel to it and doesn't align quite right. I'd have sworn the dragons had moved on without an attack in a fortnight before Menneth told us they were still here. You think some dragons are smarter than others?"

She shrugged, "Without a doubt. Humans have genius, and we also have turnips. My father's kennels have dogs that pick up new tricks after a few minutes, and some that need intensive training. All people and animals have a range of intelligence, why would dragons be any different."

He was impressed by her argument. He was also quickly realizing if he wanted a smart woman, he'd have to earn it. This steely green eyed beauty wasn't going to swoon at his feet if he merely smiled at her. That thought brought him up short, he hadn't really considered it, did he want...

He shrugged and pulled his mind back on track, "They wouldn't be. I can't argue with your logic, it's the rest of it that's shaky. But if you are right, that means they won't attack right? So we won't be able to find them outside of dumb luck."

The princess sighed, "That's what I'm afraid of."

He asked, "Why does that scare you?"

She shrugged as if he were being dense, "If we find and attack them, will it make them our enemies? If they've been keeping out of sight for this long, and are really that smart, they could do a lot of damage to my kingdom before they're stopped... all because..."

She growled in angry frustration, which he admitted to himself, had kind of turned him on a little bit.

He asked curiously, "You seem pretty sure about that, is there something you haven't told me that makes you believe it?"

Her eyes widened slightly at that, as if she hadn't expected him to be that perceptive, but she shook her head, "Not outside the fact that there were no sightings of dragons picking over the burned out villages, or in the sky on the trail of the mercenaries. They were only seen at the attack. That tells me they are from here, or intelligent enough to be stealthy and hide from humans completely."

He was pretty sure there was more to it, something she knew but didn't share. Still, he wasn't going to confront her on it, he'd already done that a moment ago, even if gently, and she dodged albeit with important information. Plus he didn't want to push her away.

He shook his head, "If you're right, I hope we don't find them."

She smiled lightly and tilted her head, "What about the hundred gold."

He waved that away, "It's not why I do it. I do it to protect my people, all people I guess since I'm now in your kingdom."

He didn't bother to add what he did with the gold he earned at it, he didn't tell anyone about that.

At first he thought maybe she was reading her own wishes and emotions into her theory. Some people got strange ideas and didn't understand that dragons were dangerous, and actually believed dragon slayers were just evil people being cruel to animals. Yet, her story fit the facts he'd learned just as well as the one espoused by Menneth, even more than that, she'd added facts which contradict Menneth's theory and backed hers.

Even if he believed her, which he was leaning toward, there was no one he could tell that would believe it. The king already clearly rejected her theory, Menneth held the opposition, and Derig was... well Derig.

Still, it was hard to imagine living so close to dragons in peace, and they simply didn't know enough, there was more to it that he was missing. The kingdom just wasn't that big, if they hunted game they would have been seen before now by hunters or trappers at the very least, wouldn't they? Dragons could see better in the dark, but they were still diurnal hunters. Regardless, he was very impressed with the princess.

His next words just sort of slipped out with an obvious wistfulness, "Although I might regret it, if it meant I couldn't court you."

She actually blushed and stood up, obviously flustered by the honest admiration in his voice. It was the first time he'd seen her less than perfectly poised and in control, and it only endeared her to him even more.

Maybe this month wouldn't be so bad after all. He just hoped the dragons didn't show up tomorrow...

She cleared her throat, "Thank you for speaking to me about it."

She turned and walked toward the wall, and looked back at him and winked as she twisted the sconce and a secret door swung open.

She added almost shyly, "I think I might regret that too Sir Lance, perhaps we'll speak again soon, maybe share a walk in the gardens?"

The princess and Stephanie slipped into the passage without waiting for an answer, and the door closed with a soft click. He stared at the panel in the wall for quite a while, lost in his thoughts of the princess that had just left. Eventually, he got up off the chair and stripped down and got into the bed. It had been a long day of riding, and a lot happened since he arrived this afternoon. Yet, it took a long time before his thoughts quieted enough for sleep to claim him.

Chapter 5

At first he thought he was dreaming. There was a very pleasant wet and warm sensation down below, and his body arched and thrust up while he was still half asleep. The gagging sound woke him up fully, but the amazing sensation didn't stop. He'd been blown before of course, but this felt like more of a wet hot tornado working his tip with a swirl of spit, suction, and a very dexterous tongue.

He looked down to see Cirillia looking up at him with bright eyes, and his girth looked larger than ever with her little tight mouth locked around it. Her miracle tongue swirling around his tip and licking the sensitive bottom of his length, as she sucked, pulled and twisted his cock. She was working his staff with both hands at the same time in perfect synchronicity, twisting in opposite directions lightly causing... very intense stimulation.

He grunted and thrust up hard into her mouth, causing her to gag again. He'd never met a woman yet that could get him in her throat, so he was more than satisfied when she backed up a little and merely milked and sucked him dry, her intense eyes never leaving his.

Cirillia backed off the bed when she was sure she'd gotten it all, and curtseyed.

"My lord, breakfast is in an hour," she informed him in an almost normal voice, as if she hadn't just sucked him off.

He smiled lightly and asked in a calm even tone, "Is it normal for you to suck off a noble without his permission?"

He wasn't really mad of course, he wasn't insane after all, but he wanted to have a little fun with her.

She looked down as if ashamed, "I'm sorry my lord, no it isn't. I just..."

"You just what?" he asked harshly.

She whispered in broken sentences, "You have the biggest... I just had to... see if I could," she blushed a dark crimson.

He got up out of the bed and took her by the arm, "Well, there are consequences to not asking permission."

He brought her over to the bed and bent her over the edge, drawing a gasp from her lips.

He lifted her dress up to her waist, the sexy blonde maid didn't even have under things on, and she was wet and slightly puffy already. He caressed her ass softly, then brought his hand up and spanked her. Not too hard, but it drew a gasp. He caressed her now reddened cheek with his fingertips, drawing a moan of pleasure from her lips.

He spanked her again, harder this time, and she cried out in pleasure and pain. He could see her glistening labia, almost dripping now and he licked his lips before spanking her hard one more time. He knew she was close to orgasm, as her body trembled under his other hand. She must have really been enjoying sucking him off if she was in this state after three spanks.

His patience with teasing her ran out when the smell of her arousal reached his nose, he couldn't wait anymore. He dropped to his knees, and licked her lightly up her slit, and then when he moved back down he flicked her clit with his tongue as he spanked her hard again.

Her scream of ecstasy was cut off as her body locked up and bucked in pleasure. He opened his mouth and sucked on her pussy hard, drinking in the sweet taste of her liquid silken pleasure. He made a moaning noise of approval at her taste, and then licked up her slit, across her taint, and teased her puckered hole with his tongue. All while sliding two fingers into her tight wet passage.

She pushed back against him, so he spanked her hard and told her to be still.

He went back to rimming her sweet little ass as he pumped his fingers in and out of her, once he found her g-spot it was easy to get her to orgasm in bliss again as he slid his tongue past her sphincter, rubbed her g-spot, and flicked her clit with a free finger. He didn't stop, bringing her through the orgasm and extending it the best he knew how.

When she came down she gasped, "My lord..."

He stood up, lined up his now very hard cock and plunged it in. She was more than ready and more than wet enough for him to slide into her very tight, but very slippery passage. He still buried himself slowly that first time, stretching her out in stages, but once he was in he started to ravage her pleasure fast and hard with every pump of his body.

Her moans, gasps, her desperate grasping of the sheets, and the way she called his name caused him to go faster, slap their bodies together harder, and she matched him, thrusting her hips back as best she could in that position. Her tight young ass shook enticingly every time their bodies met, and he plunged one of the fingers still wet with her arousal into her spittle covered puckered star.

Apparently Cirillia like that a lot, because she started bucking her whole body back against him, and she went into a beautiful orgasm underneath his plunging manhood and finger as he took both her holes. Her back arched, and her breathing stopped all together after a sharp gasp of pleasure, her body trembled under him, and around him as she milked and squeezed him.

He was undone by that erotic sight, and the sensations her body was causing his manhood. He slammed into her two more times, slow and hard, and continued pressing his body tightly against hers, pressing her hard into the bed, as if desperately trying to get deeper inside her despite being buried to the hilt, as he emptied his seed into her warm and wet grasping sex.

When he recovered, he pulled out and pulled her dress down. She was a bit unsteady on her feet so he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. She looked up at him with a well fucked look, and her mouth was open as if she couldn't quite believe what he'd done. Typical nobles didn't service the maids with their mouths after all, much less lick their asshole with abandon.

He put a hand behind her head and kissed her softly. When she seemed steady he released her and looked her in the eyes.

He said sternly, "If you think to take liberties from my person without asking again, expect similar repercussions in the future."

She looked worried for a second, until she worked out what he'd said, and then she smiled shyly.

He couldn't hold the stern look anymore anyway, the young lady was too sexy and adorable, he was fighting a smile at the corners of his mouth.

He added, "Oh and Cirillia, draw a bath will you. We need to hurry if I don't want to arrive at breakfast wearing your wonderful fragrance. Plus, I imagine you want to clean up too."

She bowed her head, "As you wish my lord," and took her dress completely off as she walked toward the tub and turned on the water.

He left Cirillia to clean up after the bath. He got dressed, made sure his hair was straight, and left for the dining hall. He stopped suddenly concerned when he heard Lara's unmistakable voice let out a yell of frustration. Then he heard loud voices arguing behind the door, he recognized the other as her mother.

Lara ground out, "Mom, I know but... he's a good man, every one of my senses and my mind agrees. I felt the way you said I would, exactly, and I want to pursue it."

He felt strangely jealous hearing that.

Gwen growled, "It's too dangerous, he's a dragon slayer for god sake. Daughter have you lost your mind?" the question underwent an impressive crescendo of sound and tone.

Mother like daughter apparently...

His heart skipped as he finally worked it out, they were talking about him. He felt dirty like he'd violated their trust somehow and moved away. Once he'd verified there was no danger, it had only been his jealousy that she'd met someone else that had kept him at the door for even that one reply. The argument faded away as his mind raced.

Lara felt something for him? How was that possible, they'd barely met. Of course, he was already captivated with her as well and couldn't wait to learn more of her. That she'd be a handful and was stubborn on top of what he already knew about her, which was that she was intelligent and incomparably beautiful, only made it better.

The queen's concern about him being a dragon slayer was confusing at first, but he guessed because the survival rate of those who hunted dragons was so low. Now that he thought about it, a lot of his fellow dragon slayers were a little rough around the edges, adrenaline junkies, and possibly a little touched in the head. She didn't know him, so maybe she thought he was cut from the same cloth.