The Dread Prophecy Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Brion dealt with the issue of missing family members, Eryca assisted the mission workers in tending to the indigents needs, she distributed food and using her knowledge of herbs helped many of the sick. It was well after darkwatch when Brion and Eryca mounted their horses and made their way home.

For the engaged couple home was the Lord's Keep or the "White Tower" as is has come to be nicknamed by the citizens of Ahlissa. The tower had been designed and built by human and dwarven craftsmen from the Iron Hills to the south. Ahlissan Battle-Mages had assisted in the design and construction of the towers' defenses. The tower stood 900' feet high and was built on a large flat area centrally located in the city.

Originally when Ahlissa had been the Southern Province of the Great Kingdom there had been a fortress where the tower now stood. However, when his Majesty Lord Barnard had led the victorious rebellion in which the Southern Province had seceded from the demonic Great Kingdom the site had been razed. Afterwards when Prymp was named the new capital it was decided that on top of the old ruins the seat of the new government would be erected and so the Lord's Keep was built. It served to house not only the ruling family but also contained the council chambers of the Council of Free Men.

As Brion and Eryca approached the tower they rode through the outer curtain wall and towards the Tower Annex, a four story off-shoot of the tower that housed the stables and above that the tower guard. Leaving their horses with the stable-hands, Lady Eryca and Lord Brion proceeded into the tower. At present they were staying in separate rooms on the eighth floor but after their wedding they would move up into the royal apartment at the top of the tower.

Standing outside of Eryca's suite that she shared with Karolyn, Brion pulled his betrothed into his arms.

"Thank you for your help tonight my beloved. I confess that your ability to change our appearance is incredible." Brion said as he kissed her forehead in appreciation. Eryca smiled at his gesture.

"It was my pleasure my love. Anything that I can do to help to our people, I will gladly do."

"Our people... I like hearing you say that." The blue eyed knight replied. "I hope they know how lucky they are to be blessed with a future queen such as you." He smiled at her. "I know that I am."

"Hhm... I am blessed to have a knight like you for my protector and future husband." said the demure maiden as she looked into the eyes of her betrothed. "Now I must say good night my love, a girl needs her rest." Eryca's eyes danced with mischief as she flashed Brion the teasing grin that he had come to adore. They kissed passionately and deeply and then bid each other good night.

12