The Dream Ch. 03

Story Info
The conclusion. What the dream was really about.
4.1k words
3.92
3.6k
4
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/28/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mark replied to Jamie's question about a threesome. "Not a threesome but I swapped partners once."

"Really. Would you care to share that with me?" said Jamie.

Mark searched his mind for the details of his junior year in college to answer Jamie's question. It was nearly ten years since the events in question had occurred. He thought of the episodes surrounding that year less and less as time passed. Since meeting Jamie he had not thought of them at all. As in a movie flashback the reality around Mark became a fog. Then in his mind he was on campus once more.

It had been the first week of college and a number of students were getting together at the Student Center to renew acquaintances. Mark had an apartment of his own for the first time. It was small but he no longer had to deal with roommates. Across from him a small group of girls had been talking. Mark was just about to see if he could start a conversation with them when this lithesome dark haired girl walked up to them. Mark watched as she talked to the girls for a few minutes. The dark haired girl then started to walk over to Mark and introduced herself. As she walked she took out a slip of paper and wrote her phone number on it.

"Hi I'm Colette."

As he was about to introduce himself, she said, "You're Mark. The girls over there were talking about you."

"I hope some of it was good."

"No. You have a terrible reputation." She said with a laugh. She handed Mark the slip of paper. "Here is my phone number. Call me tomorrow and we can plan a time to go out together." Then she turned and started to walk away. She looked back and emphasized "Call me".

Mark had never met anyone so direct. He was stunned, but interested. No games just right to the point. As she requested, Mark called the next day as much out of curiosity about what she was like as the fact that he thought she was very attractive. Mark had heard her name mentioned before but their classes never intersected. They made plans...nothing special, just get something to eat together and then attend a function on campus. By the time they finished eating Mark felt very comfortable with Colette. There was no pretense with her. She was just who she was. By mutual agreement they skipped the function and decided to just take a walk. Colette and Mark continued to talk about themselves. Mark explained that he did not have time for a serious relationship. He had so many plans for the future. Mark knew many of his friends were planning to get married as soon as they graduated...some before. He didn't understand it. They had not experienced any of life yet. Colette said that every time she found someone she liked they would want to possess her. So she would leave them. They decided that they were very much alike. Mark decided to take a chance and ask Colette if she wanted to come back to his apartment. He had some beer and they could watch TV together. Colette accepted. When they got to Mark's apartment he opened two beers. Before the bottles were half finished they were undressed and on their way to the bedroom. From then on they started going out together a couple times a week.

A few weeks later they were going to see another couple Connor and Marci. Connor was dating Marci but everyone knew that Marci was just using Connor. As Mark and Colette got to the apartment Colette took Mark aside and told him that they were going to swap partners that night. She asked if he would be ok with it and made it clear it was not her idea. Mark went along with it but had his reservations. He wasn't that fond of Marci and thought Connor was getting the better of the deal. Mark and Colette went inside. After some talk and drink Marci and Colette changed positions. It was clear to Mark that Connor was not aware of what was going to happen but when Marci started kissing Mark he figured it out. Mark kissed Marci back...she opened her blouse and put his hand inside...she was not wearing a bra. He asked her if she was wearing panties, and she told him to take her pants off and find out. Well, she was wearing them but not for long. Eventually they all finished having sex and sat around talking for a while. Connor was very quiet and sullen. It was clear that he was irritated by the events. Mark assumed that he was jealous. Colette asked Mark to walk her home. They dressed and left Marci and Connor to fight about the events of the evening."

He and Colette had been walking along Main Street. Colette had been silent but finally spoke. "I made a bet with Marci and lost. I tried to talk her out of it but couldn't. I'm sorry."

As Mark turned onto South Street toward Colette's apartment, he realized that she was no longer beside him. He turned to look at Colette a few steps behind.

"Can I spend the night at your place?" she said.

"Sure".

As they entered Mark's apartment Colette asked "Mind if I take a shower?"

"Not at all. I'll get some beers."

After retrieving the beers Mark decided that he would join her in the shower. He undressed and stepped in.

"Room Service" Mark handed Colette a beer.

She laughed and made like she was trying to find a pocket. "I don't have any money for a tip right now."

They both laughed. They both sipped their beers. Mark's eyes never left hers. Then Mark put his bottle down outside the tub and approached her. He took her bottle, put it next to his and kissed her. Mark took the soap in his hands and rubbed it all over her body. He started rubbing her breasts. He liked the feel of them. They were not large but they fit her overall shape. For Mark they were just the right size. He turned her around and rubbed her back. Colette was not involved in sports but her body was muscular. It was as if Mark was feeling her body for the first time. When he turned her around again he dropped to one knee and as he lowered himself to the floor of the tub he kissed her body on the way down. Mark used his thumb to manipulate her clitoris and at the same time inserted two of his fingers into her. Gently moving his fingers he looked up to see her face. With time Colette started making little sounds. Then she grew quiet. Then she made a loud groan as she came. When Colette could no longer stand Mark's manipulation she pushed her hands against his. The orgasm seemed to continue for an eternity but in reality it was only a short time. As Colette's orgasm ended she was catching her breath. Mark rose and moved to the back of the tub. He sat on the side of the tub with one leg in the tub, one leg on the floor and his back against the wall. Colette moved to Mark and straddled him. She rocked back and forth with him in her...first slowly...then faster. Soon she was cumming again. Now Colette decided it was Mark's turn. Colette continued her rocking and studied Mark's face. When she knew he was close she moved faster. After his orgasm Mark pulled her tight against him and the two of them embraced and kissed. Colette decided to get up and dry off. Mark realized the shower was still running and shut it off...then dried off. They decided to wear nothing to bed that night. As the two of them got under the covers Mark cuddled with Colette. He was enjoying the feel of her skin against his. Although they had sex before, Mark was more aware of everything this time. For Mark that night was different than any other with Colette. The sex was more like making love than fucking.

The next morning was Saturday so neither of them had classes. Mark got up, dressed and let Colette sleep. He started making breakfast. As he cooked he thought of the night before. Mark never wanted Colette to make love to another man again. He was starting to think of asking Colette to make their relationship exclusive. Mark knew however that asking her that would be the "kiss of death" to the relationship. Colette never wanted to feel as though she was a possession.

Colette came out to the kitchen completely naked. After a couple of minutes Mark said "If you don't put something on I'm going to burn breakfast. There are some of my shirts in the closet."

When Colette returned she had on his shirt. "Wow! None of my other boyfriends ever made breakfast for me. Did you learn to cook from your mom? "

"No. My uncle. I worked in my uncle's diner for a number of summers and learned from him."

"What are you making?"

"A frittata. It's kind of an Italian version of an omelet. My uncle used to make these at the diner".

They sat to eat breakfast. Mark silently began to question his goals. Although he was glad to not have roommates this was different. He wanted Colette around always. Mark brushed away these thoughts. "I need to run some errands but you can make yourself at home. Just close the door on the way out. I'll call you later and we can make some plans to do something tomorrow...if you want."

When he came back later that afternoon he saw Colette sitting on his stoop. She was reading a textbook and making notes. Behind her was a grocery bag.

"Did you forget something?"

"The girls were ordering pizza again and I figured I know this really good chef who might turn these ingredients into a nice meal."

Mark picked up the groceries and unlocked the door.

"I used up a lot of this month's allowance so I couldn't afford steak, only chicken"

"That works."

"Do you want to help me or just watch?" Mark asked.

"I'll help if you show me what to do."

They had fun cooking together. Mark had Colette pound the chicken breasts into cutlets and dredge them. She also bought a small package of mushrooms. Mark had some Madeira wine that someone had left. Within a short time they had made Chicken Madeira together. Colette was very proud of herself and happy that she learned something new from Mark.

After dinner they did dishes and Colette asked again to stay. As time went on, Colette stayed over more and more. One day Mark had another key to his apartment made and offered it to Colette. She looked a little apprehensive so he told her it was going to be getting cold outside and he figured she might be more comfortable waiting inside. Then he told her he would put the key on the table and if she decided she wanted it, she could take it. The next morning Colette left for class before him and when Mark looked at the table the key was gone.

Occasionally, Colette would not show up. But he never asked her about it. One day she said that some days she just wanted to be with the girls. There had not been any other men. By default the relationship had become exclusive. Mark was happy about that.

Eventually they were an item. The guys thought that Mark had tamed Colette's demons and the girls thought Colette had tamed his. The fact was they both had the same demons and neither of them tamed anything. They just understood each other.

The end of the year came and they both had to return home. Mark asked Colette if she was returning next year. She said she was and he said he would look her up. They embraced and kissed. They exchanged addresses and promised to write during the summer. Then Colette left. As Mark looked around the apartment he decided it seemed empty and not the happy place it was with Colette there. So he picked up his bags and left for home.

During the summer Mark had written letters several times and received replies to each. At the end of summer he wrote but never received a reply. He figured that she was busy and he would see her at school. School started and he looked her up but nobody had seen her. Eventually Mark wrote a letter to her parents. After about a week he received a letter back. In it was an envelope addressed to him and in the envelope a letter.

Now the fog that was Mark's reality cleared and his focus returned to the present, as Jamie asked "What did the letter say?"

"The letter said that she loved me...no... she was in love with me. On several occasions she found herself thinking of our future together. She was afraid that if she returned to school and we continued as last year we would give up our ambitions and our goals. We would start talking about marriage and the future. She wasn't so concerned about herself but she thought I had a brilliant future and didn't want to ruin it. She had decided not to return. Someday after she had the chance to experience life a little she would look me up, and if I was not already taken maybe we could start again."

Jamie said "So Colette was the girl that broke your heart. What did you do?"

"I think I cried a little and then I pouted for a while. Real macho, huh."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I don't usually talk about old girlfriends to you. Especially one I was really in love with."

"Did you love her more than me?"

"That's exactly why guys don't talk about old girlfriends. They get questions like that. No, I didn't love her more. But Colette was like and anchor."

"I don't understand."

"An anchor when dropped keeps a ship from moving on. All the other girls that I knew and that left me I expunged from my life. I got rid of all memories of them. They were looking for something else anyway. But Colette, I could never forget and move on from. I told myself it was my career that kept me from committing but it was also the thought that someday Colette might show up again. When I met you I knew I had found...well, you were everything I wanted and I decided that it was time to get rid of the ghost of an old relationship and move on. That ghost had haunted me long enough. I spent my life planning and organizing things. It has been part of my success. But I guess you are either ready for love or not. You can't plan for it."

"What happened to the letter? Do you still have it?"

"The day I proposed to you I threw away the letter."

The conversation of a threesome got lost in the emotion of Mark's story and was not brought up again. Jamie and Mark both sat silent for a while. Then Jamie got up and started getting dressed.

Mark followed and said "I guess you're getting hungry."

"Yes, but not for food".

"What then"

"Let's go back to the hotel I think you need to get laid."

"Amen to that!"

After sex they dressed. Jamie dressed in the bedroom this time and made a display of just putting on a sun dress without any bra and panties. They walked to the closest restaurant. Todd was ahead in a line and Jamie called out his name to get his attention. Todd turned and put up his hand indicating that he would ask for a table of three. Mark was about to decline when Jamie shook her head yes. And they were seated.

The conversation was very comfortable. Jamie asked Todd about himself. Did he have a girlfriend? Were they serious? What did he like to do?

Todd asked the two of them how they met. Did they have children? Then he was staring at Jamie.

"Todd you're staring at me".

Todd said. "I can't believe just a few hours ago I was this close to you and you were naked."

"So you are undressing me with your eyes."

Mark was saying nothing at this point just watching the banter between the two of them.

Jamie continued "If you are undressing me then you know I'm not wearing a bra or panties." And she had a big smile

Todd looked pained "I'm glad I'm wearing pants now.

The rest of the conversation turned away from sex and nudity and was more like the conversation of old friends. After dinner Todd said that he was thinking of going to the night spot where they first met and asked if they wanted to join him again. This time Mark made no attempt to speak letting Jamie take the lead. He wasn't sure where Jamie was going with all of this. Had she changed her mind about a ménage a trois after hearing about Colette?

At the night club the drinks flowed and all danced. Jamie danced several slow dances with Todd as well as fast dancing. Then like before they were all dancing together. At the end of the evening Jamie asked Todd what he had planned for tomorrow.

"I think I'll explore the town. How about you two".

Still letting Jamie take the lead she said. "I think we will just sit in the sun and do some reading. Maybe we will see you later in the day."

With that they withdrew to their room. The two made love again and then fell asleep.

Several hours later Mark awoke. That damned dream again. Only this time it was different. Mark was too tired to stay up and think about its meaning. Too much sun and too many martinis. He rolled over put his arm around Jamie and fell back to sleep.

Mark was distant at breakfast. Jamie hoped he was not upset about her refusal to have a threesome or her attention to Todd last night. If he was upset about her refusal to partake in a threesome then she was more willing to agree now. She was feeling more comfortable with Todd. If he was upset about her attention to Todd he had no reason to want the threesome where she would be having sex with both of them. Anyway after breakfast she would tell him what she was thinking and try to understand what was bothering him.

As they settled into their chairs by the pool Mark said. "I had that dream again last night".

Jamie started to say "Look Mark I was thinking and..." but Mark never let her finish and she stopped talking.

"The dream was different this time. Instead of the manikin there was a real person."

Jamie started again. "Was it Todd? Because if it was..."

Mark again interrupted.

"Instead it was Connor."

"Connor" Jamie said in shock!

"And the girl was Colette."

Mark paused then continued.

"I guess there were things I forgot about that night. After all it was nearly ten years ago. After I had that dream again I began to think about the night and what the dream meant...really meant. You see Colette liked sex. She liked having fun with it and would do some wild things sexually. Much like we do. But, she wasn't into sports sex. She was a one man woman. She just didn't want to be treated like the guy owned her. When they started to act that way, as so many did, she left them. We got along so well because I was so independent and let her be herself."

Mark continued while Jamie listened.

"That night when she came she called out my name and said she was cumming. At the time I thought she was taunting me and letting me how good Connor was. Afterwards, as I was walking her home she apologized. She told me that it was all because of a bet she lost to Marci and that she would never have gone along with it except Marci wouldn't let her renege on her bet. Then she said that the only way she could go through with it was to fanaticize that she was having sex with me."

Jamie understood and said "So Connor was so upset because Colette was making it with you in her mind but Marci, his girlfriend, was fucking you all along."

"Yes."

"So, why were you thinking of Colette anyway?"

"I thought you were cheating on me or going to leave me or something. With all the secrecy and late hours I wasn't sure."

Jamie's eyes widened.

"For a couple of weeks you were distant and aloof. Working late and being secretive. You wouldn't let me see what you were surfing. That one night you came home wearing different clothes than you had on when you left. Then when I tried to have sex with you I was denied. I understand now what was going on and I'm feeling better, especially now that I'm no longer sex deprived. But, I thought of Colette leaving me after junior year and there you were, the only other person I loved as much, and I thought you were leaving too."

"I'm sorry Mark. I wanted to make it a surprise and never thought of how it seemed."

Jamie hesitated, and then said. "I was going to tell you that I was willing to have the threesome if you still wanted it. It wasn't something that I wanted but I didn't know how much it meant to you."

"Is that why you were giving Todd so much attention last night?"

12