The DReAMers Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ian56
Ian56
871 Followers

Then I began to climb as the clouds rolled in above me with lightning flashing across the night sky followed by the deep rumblings of thunder that echoed through the dense snow-covered forests all around me.

This thing needed to get done. Done and over with asap.

***

There was no warning when the lightning bolt hit.

Everything around me lit up and night suddenly became day as the power of it struck the top of the pole, surged through the junction box, and blew me thirty feet across the ditch so that I landed in a six-foot deep bank of packed snow.

It took a second for the initial shock to fade and the realization of what had happened to sink in as I lay there staring up at the night sky overhead. Then the pain hit and I could feel the change in the rhythm of my heart as it thundered in my ears. I tried to catch my breath but my lungs were seared from the heat and I could feel my chest beginning to tighten as I gasped in panic.

The lightning had severed my safety harness with my body taking the full blast and the seriousness of my situation became apparent very quickly. All I could hear was the slowing of my heart as I raised both hands and saw they were seriously burned and smoking.

Oh fuck. Oh sweet Mary Mother of God.

The WT. Where was the God damned radio? Shit. I couldn't even move to look for it so I could call Mitch for help. Not that it would have done any good. He was a good mile away in the station. And even if he did come, it would be a twenty-minute hike for him to get here through the snow and another thirty plus minutes before the Air rescue would arrive.

I forced my eyes closed as the shock rolled over me. I tried to concentrate and remember the training lectures in the event of an emergency like this. Think. Think. But I knew the game was up. That I was screwed big time. I was going to die here in this wilderness alone and afraid as the snow began to lightly fall all around me.

I GRANT YOU ONE WISH, HARRY.

I tried to move but it was no use. I could barely raise my head. I was done.

Each breath was torture now. My lungs were shot. It felt like I was drowning as I rasped and wheezed trying to draw breath. I could feel the fear beginning to overwhelm me as I stared up into the night sky as the snow began to fall heavier.

Please God. Don't let me suffer.

I could feel myself slipping away. The life I had lived was coming to an end and I would become nothing more than a loving memory to those I loved and that loved me.

"Mom," I whispered.

The pain suddenly disappeared and it felt like I was floating. The memories inside my mind flooded over me as my body accepted its fate and began to quickly shut down.

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WANT MOST OF ALL, HARRY?

I shut my eyes and waited.

A bright white light suddenly appeared above me and hung there humming softly. A moment later, I felt a pair of warm hands on my frozen face. Somewhere inside me, I found the strength to slowly open my eyes to see a figure crouching over me with a smile on her beautiful face.

"Well, look at you."

It was her.

The girl.

"SSSssshhhhh," she whispered as I felt the soft touch of her lips on mine, "Don't be afraid, Harry. I'm here. Like I promised you I would be. It won't be long now. You have to go before I can save you."

Her words were the last thing I heard as I passed away and all that I was and had been came to an end.

I was dead.

***

End of The DReAMers part 3.

Continues in The DReAMers part 4.

Ian56
Ian56
871 Followers
12