The Drifter Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had hamburgers and fries, then headed back to the Dixie Motel. Both of us were exhausted. We cuddled and kissed. I loved the way she lay half on me with her head on my shoulder. It felt good to hold each other and feel close, but just before we fell asleep, her cell phone rang. She picked it up from the night table next to the bed and looked at who was calling.

"On no. It's my mom."

She didn't answer but held the phone to her ear and waited for the message. She pressed a button so that I could hear.

"I know you're not at Hannah's and that you left your truck at Dustin's and left with some stranger. You're making a big mistake. I'm worried about you. Call me. Please call me. Come home."

She closed her eyes and looked at me. Neither of us spoke.

"What are you going to do?" I finally asked.

"I'm not going to call her. I know she's upset, but I'm determined to do this. I don't want to hear her worried voice and her begging me to come home. Damn it, this is hard."

"I didn't tell you, but Dustin took down my license number. If your mom calls the police, they could find us."

"Oh no. That jerk. Betty doesn't know him like I do."

"What do you mean?

"When I baby sat, I could tell by how he looked at me and flirted, he wanted something to happen and I was just a teenager. I tried to keep my distance and avoid him, but he would come back to the house when Betty was at the diner and try to seduce me. I was seventeen, but he didn't care. Nothing ever happened. I dealt with it because I loved the kids and knew how much Betty needed me to babysit. I also know he cheated on her in the back of his garage and he knows I knew. I could never tell Betty."

"So that's why he took my license number. He didn't like seeing you taking off with another man."

"I guess that's right. I don't know for sure, but my mom called my grandparents and they know what you look like. I know she's going to call the police."

I didn't say anything, but could see Carla was upset and thinking. I knew it was risky helping her run away, but I didn't think this would happen. I was torn. I didn't want to be in trouble with the law, but I was falling in love with her and now, more than anything wanted her to escape and find the freedom to be who she was and not what everyone expected.

I took her hand. "We'll make it."

"I'm sorry I'm getting you in trouble. I didn't think she would find out so soon."

"We'll make it," I repeated. "Let's get some sleep."

We kissed goodnight, but we both lay awake in the dark wondering what would happen.