The Du Page Affair Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I remember a kiss from long ago, a kiss just like this one. You are Mike."

"You didn't believe me?"

"No, I didn't. He could have told you what to say." She sat down in the chair next to the bed put her head in her hands and started weeping. John let here cry, he knew it would be good for her. She lifted her head, grabbed a tissue from the bedside table and wiped her eyes dry. "So has everything been a scam to get to this point in time?"

"Michelle, I wasn't scamming you. At the time things happened with you and Sue, I meant every word, every feeling, I couldn't help myself. I knew if I wasn't with you when I had my heart attack I would die. So you might say that everything I did was because I wanted to be with you today."

"My god, all those stories, the email, those flowers, and that blog, they were all you?"

"Yes. I knew you would be vulnerable to those things. I knew you would have to read about yourself, I knew they would cause you to want to act out what I wrote. I knew you would find me attractive because you found Mike attractive. I knew all those things because my future self knew those things. Please forgive me." The last was a plea for her to forgive him.

She sat there just staring at him for a long time. John closed his eyes again thinking back on the problems he caused people. Susan, Michelle and Jenny, three lovely ladies he will always care for and carry in his heart. There was just Susan to tell all this too. John wanted to do it in his own way. Everything depended on Michelle. Would she let him or would she spoil a special moment in her friend's life.

Soft, tender lips pressed against John's again. A gentle hand caressed his cheek. Then they were gone. John opened his eyes and Michelle was there staring down at him.

"You won't hurt Susan, promise me that at least."

"I promise not to hurt her anymore than you have." Her eye widened with shock.

"What do you mean no more than I have? How have I hurt her?"

"You hurt her by not loving her anymore."

"What?"

"She loves you. You don't see it, but that night so long ago that you two made love to each other burns in her memory everyday."

"What! What the hell are you talking about?"

"Michelle, I know. That night we got the dresses for you and her for that dance. I saw the way you two kissed that first time. I saw it because there were monitors hooked up to cameras in your room. I know you too were anxious to get me out of there so you could be alone. I knew you two made love to each other."

"No we didn't. You were spying on us, me?" She denied.

"Michelle? I was there to protect you, not to spy."

"We...that was so long ago, I didn't...don't...I don't know why I would deny it to you."

"Is it something you're ashamed of?"

"No, not at all, I do love Susan but with work and family I just haven't found the...I couldn't take the chance on..."

"On what, being caught?" She shook her head yes. "Yet you jump into other men's beds left and right and you're afraid you might get caught in your best friend's bed? Is that what you're trying to tell me?" John was now being a son of bitch. Her relationship with Susan was causing her a lot of stress as were all the other men in her life, like him. "If you're going to stop with Susan then you should stop with all of them, even me."

She sat in the chair again, not to cry but to think. John let her. She thought a long time. Every once in a while she would look up at John. He would smile at her each time. She would smile back then go back to thinking and the smile would disappear from her face. She sat there and sat there. She stared into space, mulling over the events in her head. John must have slept for he was awakened by voices.

"No dear I'll be alright. I'm staying with a patient who needs me dear. I'll tell you all about it when I get home tomorrow. Yes. Yes. I love you too, sweetheart. Good-bye." She flipped her phone closed staring at the case.

"You do love him don't you?" John whispered.

"Yes I do. But I also love you and Suzie too. John, how am I going to live happily ever after if I can hurt so many people by not showing my love? Please tell me?" She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Do you really want me to answer or are you just using me as a sounding board?"

"I guess you have the same problem, huh?"

"All people have this problem Michelle. It's called life. The only ones who don't have this problem have another problem, they don't have anyone. Which would you rather be?"

"You're right of course, I have nothing to complain about." She smiled at John and her eyes shone brightly as she rose from her chair. "I'm going to get something to eat. You rest and get some sleep. I'll be around for the rest of the night. The nurses will know where I am if you need me." She bent and kissed him, then turned and walked out of the room.

John drifted off to sleep.

Two weeks later John was in Michelle's office. Susan was there as they both gave him the once over. Two hours later John was finally alone with Michelle for the first time since their last time.

"You're fine. One of the quickest recoveries I have ever seen. You're as health as an ox." She was holding his hand as she told him.

"So I'm fit enough to have Mike see her?"

"Yes." A sour look crossed her face as she answered him.

"Have you two..." John didn't finish the question.

"No." She sounded sad that she hadn't. John stood pulling her up with him. He pressed his lips to hers gently wrapping her in his arms. Her arms came up around his neck as passion burst into being between them. They held the kiss for a long time and when their lips parted their embrace continued. "I love you John."

"I love you too, Michelle." They stood holding each other for long time. Then there was a knock at the door. They parted. John sat down in his chair. Michelle went and answered the door. It was Susan. Michelle let her into her office.

"Susan, can I call you Susan?" John asked as he has always called her Dr. Reynolds.

"That's fine here, but..." John nodded so she didn't need to continue.

"By the way, I have something for you." He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out an envelope handing it to her. "A mutual friend gave me this."

"Mike?" she asked. John nodded.

"Well I have to be going. Thanks for all you two have done. Michelle we'll talk tomorrow. Susan, I'll see you next week." John gathered up his things and headed for the door. Michelle headed him off. Pulled his head down and kissed him deeply. Susan gasped.

Michelle let go of him. He turned and walked out the door smiling to him self.

...to be continued.

Share this Story

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Thank God for Irish Women Ch. 13 - Final Love, marriage and a bright future.in Novels and Novellas
Thank God for Irish Women Ch. 01 A story of tragedy leading to love.in Erotic Couplings
Quaranteam - Book Two (Ch. 11) Andy's partners meet his nephew, and a signing goes south.in Group Sex
Death, Taxes, and Change A new car dies on the Interstate bringing love for life.in Mature
Beauty and the Geek A trumpet changes two peoples lives.in Mature
More Stories