The Du Page Affair Ch. 07

Story Info
Michelle and Susan's husbands are told.
2.3k words
12.4k
1
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/28/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers

This is an original work by Zeb_Carter and is protected under (c) copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only being submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Breaking the News- Part II

They were having dinner, Michelle, Susan, Jenny, Michelle's husband George and Susan's husband Mark, at John and Jenny's place. John was going to tell the husbands what was going to happen in ten days time. It was time. Jenny, Michelle and Susan already knew what was going to happen. Jenny didn't like it one bit, but there was nothing she could do except support her husband.

"I'm glad you could all be here. George, Mark, I know it might be difficult but please bear with me. What I have to tell you tonight could well change the world. It will change America." They both looked at him with that look you see on someone's face when they know they've been told total bullshit.

"Come on John. You expect us to believe anything you say here tonight?" George said. John knew his question was rhetorical so he didn't even try to answer it.

"George...I'm not going to try and convince you. The future will do that itself. I am only going to tell you what will happen. It will be up to you to believe me or not." John looked back at him with a pleasant smile as he held Jenny's hand.

"George, just shut up and listen," Michelle told her husband. He turned to her with a look of astonishment. Michelle just raised her eyebrows at him. He shrugged his shoulders and nodded for John to continue.

"Mark, before I go on do you have anything to say?"

"No, not really, Susan pretty well has me convinced. I have tried to convince George but he won't budge." Susan smiled at her husband and leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Then I will begin. In eight days the evacuation of Chicago will begin. As the devices are already in place and have been set, there will be nothing they will be able to do."

"Who is they?" George asked.

"They are the U.S. Government, George. There are six nuclear devices already set up and ready to be detonated ten days from now. Susan, Michelle and I along with the doctors and staff at the clinic will be safe behind an electro-magnetic field. The radiation will not be allowed to escape into the atmosphere. The shock wave will be stopped at ten miles from the detonation points.

"You and your children will be evacuated to a compound in Joliet, outside the blast zone. Your families will be evacuated there also. Your homes here will be destroyed I am sorry to say."

"I still don't understand why the government wants to blow up Chicago?"

"George, I told you that last week. The government has become a fat, greedy, animal. There are at least five different factions within the government, all vying for more power and the leadership of the country. But they want to run it their way regardless of what the constitution says.

"As I said there are six small nuclear devices set up somewhere in the Chicago area. There are also fifteen other cities with six or more devices set up, but those other cities have fusion dampers set up."

"Why not set up a damper here?" George asked.

"Because I see two futures for me, one where Chicago is destroyed and one where the United States is no more. The destruction of Chicago causes four of the factions to work together against the fifth which instigated the nukes.

"So, where was I? Ah yes, Susan, Michelle and I along with others, many others will be inside the zone when all this happens. They have agreed whole heartedly to stay as there will be those who for one reason or another refuse to leave. There will be survivors who will need help and medical treatment."

"I know Michelle has told you she is staying, but I forbid it Chelle," George said to his wife at his side.

"You forbid it? You forbid it? Who do you think you are to forbid me from doing anything Mister?" Her rage was apparent in her eyes and her voice as her steely glare bore flaming holes in Georges head.

"Michelle, honey, Allison and I need you at home sweetheart." George softened his stance.

"It's only a year and I can talk to you everyday. We'll have a video link and will be able to see each other anytime we want." Michelle's eyes softened and filled with tears.

"I know, but it won't be the same as having you at home." George hung his head and was having a hard time meeting her eyes. Michelle reached out and took his hand in hers. She put her other hand on the back of his neck and pulled his head to her shoulder.

Susan turned to Mark and hugged him, he gently embraced her, as George and Michelle work out in their minds what was to come. Jenny squeezed her husbands hand and leaned in and kissed his cheek. John just sat watching Michelle and George. They all sat in silence waiting. Michelle looked up and nodded to Susan and John as she gently kissed George's cheek. They broke their embrace, Michelle wiping the tears from her cheeks and George clearing his throat.

"George," John said extending his hand, "welcome to the family."

George took John's hand. He turned to Michelle and kissed her on the cheek. Susan was next to him on his other side, she leaned in and kissed him on his other cheek. Jenny then leaned over and kissed Mark on his cheek. John sat there staring at Michelle, his heart filled to overflowing with love and affection for her.

"All right let's get down to business. Mark, George, you have two days to move anything you want to save to the corporate compound in Joliet. I will have trucks available for your use and crews to load and unload them. Michelle, Susan, you have ten days to prepare and eight days to say your goodbyes. I will also need from you and the other staff at the clinic any and all supplies, meds, instruments, etc. that you and they think you will need for the first two months.

"Oh, George, tomorrow when you are driving to work and are thinking about turning around to spend the day with Michelle, do it, you won't be sorry." George looked at John like he was crazy.

"Who said I was planning on going to work?"

"You will and you know it," Michelle scolded him.

"You will George. You also will spend the day with Michelle and Allison. Then you will take Michelle to dinner. Then instead of going home you will take her to the hotel next to the restaurant. Mark my words George."

"How do you know anything about what I will do tomorrow?"

"Michelle tells me the day after tomorrow." He looked at his wife with a quizzical look.

"I don't tell him everything sweetheart," she said with a smile. George shook his head in confusion.

"But, but..."

"I know sweetheart, it's so confusing. It's also very complicated. I told you John knew what his future self knew. If he says I tell him what we did and where we went, then you can believe it's true."

"George, just to raise your comfort level a little, she just told me exactly what I told you. No more. And I would never pry into your personal lives, well not too much, anyway." John grinned at him as he winked at Michelle.

"Fine, fine, maybe I won't even leave the house tomorrow. Would that screw up the future?"

"No, you still do the same things."

"Ok, ok, what else is on the agenda?"

"Nothing, I think I covered everything."

"Is anyone we know, friends, relatives, left behind?" Mark asked.

"Uh," John closed his eyes for a second, "no. Not anyone close to you at least. Not anyone you will tell me about."

"Good."

"Are there any other questions?" John looked around the table Jenny raised her eyebrows at him. He smiled at her and looked at the others.

"I have one. Can we talk about something else?" Susan asked.

"Sure can...what did you have in mind?"

"I want to go dancing. Not just any kind of dancing, slow dancing. I want my husband to hold me in his arms as we slowly move to the music," said Susan.

Everyone at the table nodded at her suggestion.

"I know just the place," George said getting up from the table.

"No, not that place George," Michelle told him.

"Yes, that place," said George. "It's a nice place, the band plays only slow songs and the lighting is perfect."

"Fine, we'll go there." So they all piled into Susan's Explorer and went dancing.

The club they went to turned out to be an offsite swingers club. As they entered George and Michelle were greeted by a gentleman who called himself Harry. George and he exchanged a few words as the others stood in the vestibule. John saw some money change hands and they were ushered in. The main room was sparsely populated. Harry went around the room and shooed everyone out. Soon the group had the main room to themselves.

The band was playing a slow, erotic number. Susan, holding Marks hand pulled him out on the dance floor. He took her in his arms and began dancing, holding her close and whispering in her ear.

"I wonder what he's whispering to her," Jenny whispered into her husband's ear as they headed for the dance floor to join them.

"Probably how much he lovers her, like I'm going to whisper in your ear."

"You are, you do?"

"I do. I will forever. I love you Jenny Abernathy unto death do us part."

"Which I fervently hope will not be soon."

"You know it won't. I told you exactly when I die and under what circumstances."

"Yes you did and knowing only makes me want to be with you everyday until..."

"I know, but that can not be."

Jenny and John were dancing close, holding each other tight, whispering their love and devotion to each other. Michelle and George had finally reached the dance floor and were in the same embrace as the rest of them. The band started a new song right after the other.

On the start of the fourth song John was tapped on the shoulder by Mark. John let him cut in and take Jenny for a spin around the dance floor. Susan flowed into John's arms, pressing her body tightly to his. She held him tight as they moved around the dance floor.

"I love you," she whispered into John's ear. "You know I love you?"

"I know sweetheart, I know. I love you too," John replied.

"Hold me tight," she told him.

John pulled her as close to himself as he could. They danced enjoying their bodies touching and the warmth that they felt for each other. The band kept playing for them as they swayed to the music. Jenny and Mark were also enjoying the music as they held each other close.

John was once again tapped on the shoulder by George this time. He reluctantly gave up Susan as Michelle flowed into his arms. Looking up at him she reached up and gently pulled his lips to hers as they pressed their bodies together and lost themselves in the music. She smiled at John as their lips parted.

"I love you," she whispered in John's ear as she nibbled on his earlobe.

"I love you too," John told her as he caressed her back and pressed her to him. She moaned into his ear as she felt his passion for her press into her belly.

Michelle clung to John as they moved to the music playing. They had been there half an hour without the band taking a break. It was inevitable that they would. As the music stopped Michelle hugged John tightly then stepped back and turned, looking for her husband. George was gently kissing Susan on the cheek. Turning John saw Mark holding Jenny in his arms smiling at his wife. Jenny caught her husband's eye and winked at him. John smiled back, turning and walking toward her.

Mark let her go when he saw John approaching. Taking Jenny's hand John slapped Mark on the shoulder.

"Let's sit and get some drinks," John said leading them to a table by the bar.

A waiter appeared and took the groups drink orders. John was sitting between Jenny and Michelle. Jenny was between her husband and Mark. John almost jumped out of his skin as Michelle placed her hand on his thigh and started to gently run her fingers up and down John's leg. Out of the corner of his eye John saw Jenny lean slightly toward him and glance down at his lap. John looked at her and smiled.

"Well we have a big day tomorrow," John said.

"We don't have to be there until twelve noon," Michelle retorted as she squeezed John's leg. Reaching down John took her hand and moved it back to her lap. He then leaned in and kissed her cheek to soften the blow of his rebuff.

"I have a big day tomorrow and it starts early," John said to the group. "I think it's time to go."

"You're probably right John," said George.

"He is," chimed in Mark. Michelle and Susan looked a little disappointed but each in turn shrugged their shoulders and nodded their heads. John knew Jenny was ready to go before something got out of control.

The group sat in silence as they finished their drinks, then rose as a group and headed for the door. Susan drove back to John and Jenny's house. Michelle and George climbed into their car and were gone before John and Jenny had opened their front door. Susan and Mark waved as they pulled away.

To be continued...

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Starting Over Ch. 01 Trying to start anew after losing my wifein Romance
Quaranteam: Ruins United Ch. 01 I'm still standing, better than I ever did.in Mind Control
A Pack Of His Own (Ch. 01) An orphaned college student finds his life sharply changing.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quaranteam: Remote Work Ch. 01 Social Studies. The start of Adam's tale in Quaranteam.in Mind Control
Quaranteam - AU Ch. 01 Aussie soldier learns what it means to Quaranteam.in Mind Control
More Stories