The Du Page Affair Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John had seen to it that each had a substantial, if not obscene, amount of money placed in numbered bank accounts. He had provided for their children and their children's children. No matter what happened they were provided for as were the employee's of the company. Most of the firm's subsidiaries could function without the benefit of John or the other seers. On his death all employees of the primary company would be automatically transferred to one of the subsidiaries.

"John, where are you? Exactly?" It was Michelle. She was going to try and save John.

"I'm in Denver in a Marriott. The phone number is 303-555-1349 room 345."

"Oh John, I love you." Michelle started weeping.

"I love you too sweetheart." There was some noise on the line.

"John," Susan said, "hang on we'll have someone there as soon as possible." She was sniffling as she spoke.

"I know darling, I know. I love you." Susan broke down crying.

"I love you too," Susan said between sniffles.

"I'm really tired dear. Really, really, tired. I'm going to lie down."

"No! Don't lie down. Just sit. And don't go to sleep. Oh god, don't go to sleep."

"I'll try not to."

"John, John don't you dare leave us. Do you hear me?"

"Yes I hear you. I love you all so much..." Suddenly John felt the darkness pass over him. His eyes closed and his head flopped forward onto his chest.

"John, JOHN, JOHN!" John was startled by the loud shouting coming from the phone.

"What?" John was now a little peeved.

"Don't you dare go to sleep, do you hear me." Michelle was now on the other end, shouting at John.

"I'll try not to. So tired though. Did I tell you I love you?"

"Yes you did John."

"Good. Do you know how long I've wanted to tell you that?"

"Oh god."

"Goodbye Chelle, I think it's time for me to go."

"No, no, no..."

"John, JOHN!"

"Susan! Goodbye Suzie, I love you."

"John, oh lord no."

"John. Darling, please wake up."

"Hi Jen. How did you get here? You know I love you, you know that, don't you?"

"Yes my darling I do. Please stay with us."

"I'm going to go now. Goodbye my darling. It was fun and I appreciate all that you put up with. I love you most of all. Goodbye."

"God no, don't go, please don't go."

Ten minutes later paramedics arrived and broke into the room. They found John slumped in the chair holding the phone to his ear. He had past as he said goodbye to his wife. The paramedics took the phone from John's grasp and described his condition to the two doctors on the other end. They both broke down sobbing into the phone.

* * * *

John's funeral was a sea of black as everyone who had known him, worked with him, worked for him, knew of him attended. Up front just in front of the casket, stood three ladies in black garb, veils covering their faces, each holding a single white rose, behind two of them stood their husbands. As the preacher finished his blessings, each lady stepped forward and placed her rose on the casket before them. Once all three had, they turned in unison and slowly walked to their limousine.

They had work to do.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

A Father's Justice Pt. 01 Jilted husband deals with the man who destroyed his family.in Loving Wives
Split Trails Ranch A western romance.in Novels and Novellas
In a Class of His Own Ch. 01 Tutored at the start of his trip.in Novels and Novellas
Shifting Priorities Kyle MacDenny learns hard lessons on a luxury vacation.in Erotic Couplings
Upon a Savage Shore Ch. 01 Old style Science Fiction adventure.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories