The Ebony Alpha Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Have a seat Stephan." Jackson motioned to him wearily to sit down. Stephan obeyed and waited for his Alpha to speak.

"Stephan we need your help. Joe Chambers has been arrested by the Elder Council. He is being charged with the attempted murder of Megan and the forced turning of her parents. Joe was there at the crime scene but he didn't take part in the crime. His only crime was rescuing the one responsible...."

"Don't tell me. It was Remy wasn't it?" Jackson nodded and Stephan cursed under his breath.

"Shit Jackson this just got real heavy. He doesn't even have a witness to corroborate his story. I need all the evidence to try and recreate a digital crime scene." Stephan's mind was whirling already trying to figure out how to prove Joe's innocence.

"You all are forgetting that the witch Carlotta Guyon was also there. I will give her a call and ask her to testify on Joe's behalf." Louisa reminded them.

"Napoleon should know how to reach her. She was at the plantation when they read Remy's will." Jackson said.

"Then I will start with him. I hope that she will agree to do the right thing. She has a reputation for not liking Werewolves. It's hard to believe she was in cahoots with Remy." Louisa tried to look hopeful, but it was very difficult to pull off.

"I will help you all I can Mama Louisa. You have to remember that we are on your side."

Megan looked at the woman who had helped give her life, and felt even closer to her than she had before. Why did this have to happen to them? Things were going so well and then BOOM, trouble was knocking at their door once again.

Jackson needed to contact one more person. He hated to do it because involving him would mean he didn't trust Stephan's new technology. He decided to wait and see how things would develop. He would only call him as a last resort.

"Stephan; how does this holographic program work?" Jackson asked feeling guilty for doubting his friend.

"I will enhance the claw marks on the bodies of the victims and match them to Joe's. It will register a match or not. Also we will test DNA on the bodies and where Joe said he entered the camper. His DNA should only be in that space."

Stephan was moving his hands as he tried to explain the methods that he planned to use.

"I suspect that the crime scene is probably contaminated after all these years. We just have to hope it isn't." Stephan was in his element and Jackson was proud of his friend.

"Do what needs to be done my friend and we will work on the political aspect of things. The Elder Council is out for Joe's blood and they may not want to listen to reason."

Louisa wrung her hands and began to cry silently. She was aching to be with her mate and her body was spinning out of control. She walked to the large floor to ceiling windows behind Jackson's desk, and tried to control her emotion.

This sucked and she was not in the mood to play nice. Fabio Marconi had just declared war on her family and they were not going down without a fight.

****

Oblivious to the drama unfolding around them; Becky and Alisha waited for the elusive Abraham Gastoni to appear in the dining hall.

Ambrose had agreed to challenge him to a sparring match and hopefully catch him off guard. The girls were hoping that his true scent would over power the masking potion under the stress of fighting.

The three conspirators looked at each other and nodded when they saw Abe enter the room. Abe went to the buffet table and fixed himself a plate.

Breakfast here had not been disappointing since they had added beignets and boudin sausage to their menu. He spied his brother and the two young women and went to join them at their table.

"Good morning all. I hope everyone slept well." Abe seemed awfully confident and smiled at the suspicious group at the table.

"We had a great night Abe. Alisha and I spent the night together planning our weddings."

Ambrose choked on his beignet and coughed powdered sugar all over his plate. Abe laughed loudly and the girls moved quickly to save their clothes from the white film in the air.

"I sense a little surprise there Ambrose. Aren't you ready to claim your mate?"

Abe was cocky and he knew that teasing Ambrose was going to be trouble, but he didn't care. He was happy that no one had even looked at him twice, and he felt safe as long as he kept using the potion.

"How about we get in a little exercise after breakfast, Abe? We never got the chance to spar when we were with Jackson the other day."

"I'm down with that Brose. Let me finish here and I will join you in the gym."

Surprised that he hadn't had to force the issue, Ambrose and the two friends put up their dishes and headed to the basement to wait for Abe.

Ambrose took off his warm up jacket and began to stretch his arms above his head. He leaned forward and did a few lunges to loosen up his limbs.

He then stood erectly and swung his arms around in arcs and jumped back and forth from foot to foot. He made an amusing spectacle and both girls giggled when they looked at him.

Abe entered the gym and began to copy Ambrose's movements. He hadn't wrestled his brother since high school, and wondered if they were any stronger because of the wolves inside of them.

He stepped onto the mat and took several cleansing breaths before concentrating on his brother.

"Hey Abe are you ready to start?" Ambrose stood before him still swinging his arms around his body. "Let's do this!" Abe answered ready to kick some big brother butt.

The two men stood facing each other in the middle of the mat. They lunged at each other grabbing shoulders and arms trying to gain dominance.

Ambrose tried repeatedly to sweep Abe's legs from under him, but Abe was able to kick away his foot each time.

Ambrose twisted Abe's arm behind his back and forced him to his knees. Abe struggled against his brother's greater strength and lifted himself back to a standing position.

He took his right leg and hooked it behind Ambrose's calf and tripped him; making him fall onto his back. This was awkward since Abe was on top of him with his back on Ambrose's chest.

He quickly took advantage of his position and side rolled, throwing his leg over his brother and pinning him for two seconds on his back.

"Get off me asshole!" Ambrose bellowed and Abe jumped up laughing at his brother's angry disposition.

"Two points for me, big bro." Abe said and went to the middle of the mat for a second round. Ambrose looked at his brother and wondered what the hell had gotten into him. He had always dominated Abe and couldn't understand what was going on.

"Get ready we are not finished yet." Ambrose was sweating and he wasn't supposed to be the one doing so. But Abe was cool and calm; he didn't even show a light sheen. His confidence was off the charts and the two friends looking on were worried that their little plan wasn't working.

Ambrose met his brother in the center of the mat and decided to try evasive tactics. If this were a real match he would be penalized for stalling; but he wanted to try to wear Abe out a little bit. He really needed to make him sweat.

Becky saw a pack member cleaning the gym and a wicked thought occurred to her. She walked over to the young woman and formulated her plan.

"Hello, I am Becky Boscoyo and I was wondering if you could help me?"

"Yes miss, how may I be of service?" The omega looked down when she addressed the young woman in front of her. In her pack this was not a requirement, but they had all been asked to show this type of respect for their guests.

"First of all you may call me Becky and secondly please look at me, I don't bite." Becky hated this subservient demeanor and she was working to change that at her own compound.

Hazel looked up at the woman in front of her shyly and noted that they were about the same age. She had just turned 19 last month and was attending college. She had only come home to help with the Blood Moon Ceremony.

"Yes Becky may I help you." Hazel was hesitant but decided to obey the guest.

"I was wondering if you could turn up the heat in the gym. We want to practice a little yoga and the hotter the room the more you're able to sweat away the impurities."

Hazel knew where the thermostat was and nodded.

"Yes I can do that. It will only take a few minutes for it to heat up." Hazel left to turn up the heat and Becky smiled with satisfaction. Now Abe was going to sweat whether he wanted to or not.

Hazel walked back into the gym to finish her chores. She stole glances at the handsome young men as they moved across they mat. The large one seemed to be taunting the other by charging and then running away. Coward, she thought to herself and turned to stack the clean towels on the empty shelves.

"Stop running and fight Ambrose! If you don't face me I'll walk." Abe growled at his brother and then backed up to the edge of the mat.

Where did that come from? He had been controlling his emotions, but Ambrose had gotten him all worked up. Now sweat was running down his body and threatening to puddle at his feet.

"Sorry baby bro, let's go." Ambrose was satisfied that his brother was distracted enough for him to get into his head. He rushed him and grabbed his neck forcing him onto all fours.

Ambrose pressed his larger body on top of Abe's and tried to force him into the mat. Abe struggled against him, but the slipperiness of his skin proved to be a disadvantage and he fell onto his stomach.

Trying to fight his way out of the hold Abe dropped his block to the bond with his brother and Ambrose looked into his mind.

He saw Abe standing at his dresser putting a small drop of something on his tongue. That was all he needed to see. He dropped his hold and moved to the edge of the mat.

Abe realized what had just happened and charged his brother in anger. He growled loudly, and jumped wildly onto his laughing sibling. As he was in midair Abe shifted into his wolf.

The large animal was burnished gold with red streaks running through its fur. He snarled as he pinned a frightened Ambrose to the mat.

Suddenly the wolf turned its large head around and moved away from Ambrose. He stalked slowly toward the unsuspecting omega that was still folding towels. She was used to snarls and growls and had paid no attention to what had just happened.

Becky couldn't believe her eyes; and ran screaming from the room right into Raphael. He was her chaperone for the day and was right outside the door.

"Hurry Raphael! Abe has shifted; and he is about to attack the little omega!"

Raphael didn't panic and entered the gym quietly. He took in the sight before him and sighed. A large golden tinged wolf was lying in front of the little omega blocking her escape. She had flattened her body against the wall waiting to see what the wolf was going to do next.

Becky moved from behind Raphael and couldn't believe her eyes. Abe was totally calm. He looked at the small woman pressed against the wall and wagged his tail in excitement.

Raphael approached the couple slowly not wanting to alarm the wolf. Abe turned his head slowly and looked at the man intently. Instinctively he barred his teeth and growled before Raphael got too close.

"Young lady what is your name?" Raphael asked Abe's hostage.

"My name is Hazel sir."

"Don't move Hazel it seems that this wolf has claimed you for its mate. Do you feel the same?"

"I can't say sir; I can't catch his scent."

Raphael looked at Abe and understanding dawned on him as to why this was. He couldn't help but laugh. So Abe was trying to hide his scent, little good that did him.

"Abe can you hear me?" The Beta asked the wolf.

Abe turned his head toward Raphael but only the wolf stared back at him.

"He doesn't know how to change back. Ambrose are you feeling like you are going to shift as well?"

Ambrose stood behind Raphael and shook his head. He was just a little scared, but he felt fine.

"Abe listen to me. You have transformed prematurely and you need to try to change back. I know your human is very frightened but I need to speak with him. Push forth young Abraham you must come back to us."

Raphael tried to sound comforting, but the wolf just looked at him with contempt. He had no intention of going back inside the human. He had waited too long to be free and his mate had called to him.

"Hazel I need you to comfort the wolf, he's blocking his human and you may be the only person he will listen to."

Hazel carefully slid down the wall onto her hands and knees. She reached out to caress the head of the giant red wolf and he whined in approval at her touch.

"Damn!" Becky whispered to Alisha. "There goes my theory. I was sure he was your mate. I'm sorry I was wrong."

"Don't be ridiculous my friend. I'm not ready to mate. But it was fun trying to do so. You are going to make a very interesting mate Rebecca Boscoyo. I feel sorry for poor Ambrose."

The two fast friends smiled and hugged each other vowing not to let distance keep them apart.

They finally had to have the pack doctor come and tranquilize Abe. He transformed back after he was out cold.

"Rookies!" Thought Raphael and he smiled remembering his first shift. Mama Louisa had helped him that night and he was repaying her kindness by being a bastard. He knew she loved him and he realized that he had some apologizing to do.

*****

Avery Gastoni was in shock, his son stood before him holding a poor little omega by his side. She was so short she barley came up to his shoulders. Her long dark hair covered her face and he was sure she was hiding behind it.

Avery sighed heavily. He didn't want to frighten the young girl. He had to figure out how he was going to tell Amandia she had lost another son.

Maybe he could say she had just gained another daughter; maybe that would make her happy. But he knew better, this was not going to be easy for her to accept. He also knew that Abe wouldn't take the girl away from her pack.

The biggest mystery here was how Abe had shifted before the full moon. Maybe the Elders didn't have all the answers to how and when everything would occur.

Now they were watching Ambrose to make sure he didn't shift prematurely as well. The poor girl was trembling and Avery invited the pair to take a seat.

"I know this is quite frightening to the both of you and I don't want it to be so. May I offer you a drink; Hazel is it?"

"No thank you sir I just want to see my Aunt please."

"She is on her way my dear and so is my wife. Be patient and we will sort this all out shortly."

Abe sat in the large wing chair close to the window and pulled Hazel onto his lap. He tried to resist but her scent was intoxicating. He never knew lavender could smell so sweet. The rich smell of licorice lingered in her hair and he buried his nose in it.

Avery could only shake his head. He could see the attraction and smiled. The little girl (she was in his mind) had skin so dark it looked like satin against her plain omega uniform. Her long hair had been up but he knew that Abe had probably taken it down.

He hadn't been able to see her eyes until now, and they were a shocking shade of gray/green that took even his breath away. No wonder his son was smitten, he would have been too.

Was she more than just pack to Jackson, or was she immediate family? Her eyes certainly made her look like a Clarion to him.

Avery tried to ease the tension in the room by engaging Hazel in conversation. "Hazel is such an unusual name for one so young, is it a family name?"

"No sir. I was named after a family trait, my eyes. They are hazel and my Aunt Ophelia named me after their color. My mother is her sister Penelope."

Well he had his answer now. This young woman was Jackson's cousin. Now he knew Abe wasn't leaving. Shit! Shit! Shit!

The door opened to a concerned Amandia who looked at Abe in distress. Behind her came Ophelia Clarion, a woman who looked amazingly like Jackson Clarion and Darien Foley his second in command.

"Hello Mr. Gastoni I never thought we would be meeting under these circumstances."

"Neither did I Darien and please call me Avery. I see you have met my wife Amandia and this is my son Abe."

Hazel jumped form Abe's lap and ran to her Aunt, hiding in her embrace. The woman laughed and pushed her back to Abe.

"He is your mate now my little niece. He has to prove that he can control his wolf; but I have no issue with this match."

"He still must be trained, and you know Jackson won't allow him to mate with Hazel until then."

"I disagree with you Darien, but Hazel is of age and she can make up her own mind." Ophelia looked at her niece and smiled. "What do you want to do my love?"

"I want to claim my mate, but I still don't know his scent. How is this possible?" Hazel looked at Abe with eyes that held unshed tears and he wrapped her in his arms.

"Don't you want me to claim you Abraham? Why do you hide your scent from me?"

Abe felt ashamed at his deception; and tried to make Hazel feel better by hugging her tighter.

"I do! I can't believe it but I really do. How do we mate?"

The room erupted in laughter all except for Amandia. She screamed in rage and left the room slamming the door behind her.

"Please excuse my wife. She has just lost her last son to the mating pull, and I am afraid she was caught unprepared." Avery left the room to comfort his grieving wife.

Ophelia frowned at Abe and decided to be authoritative as well as motherly to the young man.

"First young Abraham you must stop using the masking potion. Your mate needs to scent you as you did her. Secondly you must get Jackson's approval and then you will declare your intentions to the pack."

Ophelia smiled at the young couple and noticed that they couldn't take their hands off of each other.

"There will only be a large celebration if you want one, but I know my sister and she will want her daughter to be mated in grand fashion."

"I will speak to her Auntie. Maybe she will let us have a small family affair." Hazel looked hopeful, but she knew her mother too. She would want a giant celebration.

****

Carlotta Guyon was a creature of habit and she rarely deviated from her daily routine. She woke up each day at 9:00 am and had a very strong cup of Columbian coffee. She then showered and oiled her still young body with vitamin E and illegal placenta cream.

After she had a light breakfast she would settle in to write in her journal about the previous day. She had shelves of journals lined neatly in bookcases that lines her study walls.

She was very proud of her life's chronicles and displayed them in chronological order. They were color coordinated and the dates were written in gold ink.

When she finished each journal they were closed with her seal a mixture of wax and her own blood. She whispered a short incantation over it and no one could open it without reversing the spell she had cast.

Dru lounged on the damask covered couch closest to the bay window and read Pride and Prejudice again for the fiftieth time. She loved the star crossed romance of Mr. Darcy and Lizzy, and wished she could have lived back in those times.

"Drusilla I am so happy you decided to sell your house. I know it would have been too difficult for you to live there after...."

"Don't remind me Mother. I am glad to be rid of it and the memories it held for me. I still can't stop wondering about the man who rescued me. How could he have just disappeared into thin air? I just want to thank him properly."

Carlotta was not about to tell Dru about Raphael Boulet. The Detective working the case had tried to leave his contact information, but she had refused to take it.

Her daughter didn't need to get involved with another Were. She'd had enough trouble with shifters to last her the rest of her life.