The Ebony Alpha Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sure Jackson, let's do this."

The two wolves sniffed the breeze and slowly moved forward. The herd of deer had moved swiftly when they heard Stephan approach and were skittish at best.

Stalking silently they moved down wind and spied a large buck that had bravely moved toward the lake to take a drink. The animal stepped into the water and the wolves attacked.

The animal reared back in the water and brayed, warning his herd to flee. His eyes said he'd not go down without a fight and he lowered his antlers to attack.

Jackson approached him head on as Stephan herded him from behind. The buck moved sideways in the water getting closer to the bank.

A sound from the bushes captured everyone's attention and the wolves and buck stopped moving. A small doe moved forward and looked at the buck surrounded by the wolves. She moaned calling for her father and Jackson retreated calling for Stephan to back off.

Stephan was confused but obeyed his Alpha and the two of them took off running back toward the main house.

"I'm sorry for the confusion Stephan. But I didn't need to kill that buck today. I just can't take a life for the sport of it. That brave stag will live to see another day. Today he will not die at my hand; he was needed, just as I am needed. I will make sure that I prove myself to be a fair and just Alpha as long as I live."

The two men shifted and an alert Omega handed them a pair of sweat bottoms as the entered the building.

"I have never been prouder to know you my Alpha, my friend." Stephan bowed slightly before Jackson and felt a surge of love pour through their bond.

"You know Stephan, I actually have a proposal for you, lets go to my office and I'll tell you what's on my mind."

They entered Jackson's office and the Alpha threw his most trusted Omega a bottle of water and took one for himself.

"Stephan I've been watching you for a long time now and you have matured into a great warrior."

"Thanks Jackson. Sullivan has been pushing me pretty hard to work on my battle skills. It's not like we've had wars are anything lately but he wants me to be ready."

"The other day when you were sparing; I was very pleased to see that the lessons have paid off. I want to offer you the position of Beta. Now before you make your decision, there are over seventy-five Betas in our pack and you will have to prove yourself among them, but I know you'll do well."

"Jackson I am flattered and I want to thank you for the vote of confidence."

"I think I hear a but coming on. Don't you want to move up in rank Stephan?" Jackson was at a loss, he thought Stephan would jump at the chance to move up.

"My Alpha, it is an honor and I would love to be a Beta, but I want to apply to work for the ASI. Working with Louisa gave me a taste of what it would be like. I am just itching to do that kind of work. She has agreed to put in a good word for me with her father."

Jackson really looked at Stephan for the first time in a long while. The little pup that used to nip at he and Sully's heels was now a grown man. He wanted to gain his independence and move ahead with his life. Who was he to say no?

"I will make a deal with you Stephan. You take the promotion and train your replacement before you leave. I will call in a favor and make sure that you are accepted into the ASI academy. I will miss you, but I will be proud that you are representing the Clarion Pack where ever you go."

"Oh thank you Jackson! I can't wait to tell Sully he is going to freak-out!"

Stephan's excitement was contagious and Jackson stood up and embraced his friend.

"Just make me proud Beta; and you will always have a home on Clarion land."

The two men parted company one to celebrate and the other to contemplate the new changes in his life. Being an Alpha was not easy and he would miss his childhood friend.

Thank goodness Sullivan had not talked about leaving. He didn't know if he could take his best friend no longer being at his side.

Jackson sat back down and took a deep breath. Today had just begun. In a few hours he would be watching as the Elder Council punish two members of his new family. Yes he thought once again, being an Alpha wasn't easy and sometimes it just down right sucked.

****

Katelyn and Joseph were surprised when Jackson informed them that Lefyr's testimony would not be required. He said there would be no trial and to let their guest know he was free to make himself at home as long as he wished.

Katelyn let Joe inform Lefyr of the news and to their surprise the man smiled at them widely and asked if he could cook breakfast for them.

He was quite accomplished in the kitchen, and they were treated to fluffy cheese omelets, sausage and toast sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. It was simple but for some reason quite delicious.

"Thank you Lefyr, as our guest we should be making you breakfast." Katelyn enjoyed being waited on in spite of her protest and relaxed as she ate the meal.

"I enjoy cooking and don't have many chances to cook for others. This has been a real pleasure for me."

Lefyr knew that Katelyn didn't find his behavior charming last night and wanted to change her mind. He knew that good food was a way bridge the gap and was glad to see it was working.

The news that his testimony was not needed didn't surprise him. But it did leave him wondering what he was really here to do.

He would keep alert and try to make sure his hosts didn't kick him out, before he figured out why the Goddess of Light had brought him here.

****

The meeting room was packed. The twelve Elders were already seated and the families and friends of Louisa and Joe were assembled to witness the judgment against the two accused. Megan was frantic and Jackson held her tightly rubbing her back to calm her down.

Louisa and Joe stood together at the end of the large oval table and awaited their punishment. Joe also held his mate tightly not wanting to let her go. Nicolai Buskin stood and addressed Joe first.

"Joe Chambers of Texas, you have been accused of being an accomplice in the attempted murder of Megan O'Hara and the forced tuning of her parents, Joseph and Katelyn O'Hara. The parties involved have refused to press charges against you, and feel that you should not be held responsible for what happened all those years ago."

There were loud murmurings among the crowd and Nicolai held his hand up for quiet.

"The Council agrees, you will not be held responsible for the attack, but you will be required to pay retribution for leaving the scene of the crime and not reporting what happened to the nearest Pack. For that we find you guilty and will level a punishment against you to fit said crime. Do you disagree with our findings Mr. Chambers?"

Joslyn Boscoyo stood up and conferred with her client. After much head shaking and deep sighing, Joslyn took her seat and Joe answered the question.

"I agree with your findings Elder Buskin. I will accept my punishment."

Megan cried out against the admission and Joe held a finger to his lips. Megan sobbed silently into Jackson's chest but stopped her protest.

"Louisa Metairie do you claim Joe Chambers as your mate." Nicolai said the word mate with distaste and Louisa struggled to keep her composure. She thought she was ready, but now as she faced her judges she was not so sure.

"Yes,I claim him as my mate." Louisa whispered.

"Louisa Metairie, we the majority of the Elder Council find you guilty of the manipulation of our laws. Many people here knew that you and your mate planned to mate after the Blood Moon Ceremony."

Nicolai paused for effect and looked at the cameras be fore he continued.

"But for some reason, the night before your mate was arrested you mated. We find that very suspicious and since you know our laws much better than your mate, we find that your punishment shall be greater."

"No!" Joe protested. "Louisa did not make the decision, it was all my doing. Louisa is only guilty of loving me. She is innocent. I literally forced her to mate with me. I could no longer wait to make her mine."

Nicolai laughed loudly and shook his head at Joe. "I find your proclamation endearing Mr. Chambers, but unbelievable. Louisa Metairie is over three hundred years old. She knew what the consequences of her actions would be and did not stop to consider her actions."

"I beg to differ, Elder Buskin." The room became silent as the Dupac Alpha stood and addressed the Russian Elder. He looked at Louisa with love shining brightly in his eyes. He would always love this woman and would not let her be hurt.

"Ah Charles I should have known you would protest. She is beautiful and I do remember that you also fell under her spell."

"You speak the truth but so does Joe Chambers. How many here can relate to Joe's claim that he could not wait for their mating to happen. Our wolves are wild and wreckless at times. They don't think that doing what comes naturally is wrong. Have we forgotten who we really are inside?"

"You have no say here Alpha Dupac, but the Elder Council will remember your passionate words."

"I agree with Alpha Dupac." Napoleon Boscoyo stood, Anderson and Jackson joined him. The four powerful Alphas faced the Elder Council in solidarity. Desiree and Jacques Metairie also stood they couldn't stand by and not support their daughter and her mate.

"Times have surely changed that the people you represent, have no say in the decisions you make Elder Buskin. Maybe it's time that the people start taking more of an interest in the power you hold over all of our lives."

Jacques Metairie's anger was evident in his voice. This was a witch hunt and he was not going to let his daughter be hurt by this Council again.

Nicolai looked straight into the blinking red light of the cameras. In his arrogance he had demanded that their session be broadcast to the Were Nation at large.

Weres everywhere were now watching their every move. He had to tread carefully and make sure he came out of this still holding his position.

"My friends there is no need to become concerned for the two accused. The Elder Council has decided to give the couple a fair sentence that will ensure that they remain together while it is carried out."

The council had made no such decision, but with the threat in the room they did not dispute Nicolai's word.

"I don't think Louisa Metairie has committed a punishable offense and we would like her to be removed from your list." Charles Dupac spoke for the Alphas and waited for the Elders to make a decision.

"And what of Joe Chambers, do you want him to go free as well?" Fabio asked wandering how far the Alphas were willing to push their authority.

"We think that the O'Hara family's refusal to press charges has helped in his case, and we will not fight a fair punishment for his charges."

Nicolai breathed a sigh of relief and turned to face Joe and Louisa.

"Louisa in light of new evidence that your mating was not an unnatural occurrence, we will suspended judgment against you." Joe cautioned Louisa through their bond not to fight their decision.

"But Joe Chambers; you still stand accused and since you have agreed to the charges; we The Elder Council find you guilty. You will be sentenced to the binding of your wolf. The spell shall render you unable to shift for the duration of two years."

A loud gasp went up through the crowd and the Shaman Hosuk appeared in the room. He stood before Joe and painted a red ribbon like mark on his forehead. He chanted a quiet spell and asked Joe to remove his shirt.

He then took his finger and drew two circles on Joe's chest. After he finished chanting he drew a line through the mark on his forehead.

Joe fell to the floor surprising Louisa at his sudden loss of consciousness. She lifted him to a sitting position and cradled him in her arms.

"Joe! Joe! Please wake up!" Louisa cried out in anguish. Megan broke free of Jackson's embrace and joined Louisa hugging her from behind.

"He is only asleep. He will awake in twenty-four hours and he will be fine. I am sorry Fiery One; I promise you that I have not caused him permanent harm." Hosuk said trying to comfort the sobbing mate.

He looked at the Council members and tried not to laugh. They thought that their punishment was carried out but they were wrong.

Hosuk had figured out a loophole for the mated pair and he would tell them after the Elders were far away. No man could tell him what to do. He did not bow to their laws, only his love for Jackson brought him here today.

The Elder Council's days were numbered and it would be their own arrogance that would bring their downfall.

Change was in the air and Hosuk didn't need a dream to tell him it was coming. He would be happy to see what the new generation would bring to the Were Nation.

Although they didn't know it; Jackson and Megan would lead them into the new day. Megan had a power inside that was untapped and Luna would unleash it in her own time.

The Elders had forgotten the prophecy but Hosuk had not. He smiled again and called to his mate. He had plenty of time to think about the future, but for now he would make good use of today.

To be continued....

****

I really tried to end it this time but this story has a mind of its own. The Blood Moon ceremony is getting closer and Lefyr will fulfill his destiny.

Thanks to everyone for reading and I would really like to thank all of you who have encouraged me to keep writing. You always give great comments and I appreciate that you took the time to do so.

I have also received a few comments about the amount of characters in the story. I know. I know. I won't apologize for so many characters though; they just keep introducing themselves to me. I guess you just have to say the more the merrier. (sigh)

Anyway thanks again and please stay tuned...

Sultry