The Eightfold Fence Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, I'll be damned. Small world." Melina mused. "By the way, Cindy told me to start saving money for a wedding gift... for you."

"Oh my gosh!" Joanne exclaimed. "Seth is great, but we're not at that stage yet."

"That's not what my business partner, my ex-husband, and my ex-mother-in-law have said." Melina said straight out. "And as you know, they are all very good at seeing things..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fifteen minutes after clearing the breakfast table, Michael Burke, his son Todd, Todd's wife Jeanine, and their visiting prostitute Cherie piled into Michael's four-wheel-drive SUV and headed into the little hamlet that contained the General Store. Just as Michael was about to make the right turn onto the main road, Todd noticed the merest flash of red and blue lights around the bend to the left.

"Dad, let's go see what's happening over there." Todd said.

"Okay." said Michael affably. He turned left and they headed around the curve. The sign telling them they were entering the Wildlife Management Area (W.M.A.) loomed large, then whizzed past them as the drove along.

About 50 yards later they were stopped by a uniformed Forest Service agent. "Sorry Mr. Burke," the agent said to Michael, who he knew, "road is temporarily closed." Fifty yards further down the road was several Forest Service and police cars, as well as an ambulance.

"Somebody died?" asked Todd, a strange feeling coming over him.

"Yeah, young woman. She's been murdered. Left by her car. FBI is on the way, as it's in the Federal W.M.A."

Cherie was looking ahead when she suddenly shrieked. As everyone looked at her she exclaimed. "Oh my God! That's Nicole's car!"

To be continued.