The Eightfold Fence Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, Cherie, I'll keep your secret safe." I said. "But before I go, is there anything at all you can tell me that you haven't told them? Whoever killed your friend could come after you next."

"I really have no information that I haven't already given them, though they don't believe that." Cherie whispered.

"Who hired you and Nicole?" I asked, now that I had her talking a bit.

"Todd's father, Michael Burke." Cherie replied.

"Did he hire you two specifically, or just asked for two girls from your agency?"

Cherie thought for a moment and then said "My agency contact said I'd specifically been asked for, which means they could charge more, and that would mean more money for me. I was then told another girl had been paid for, and to choose who I wanted to go with me. I took Nicole, since she and I hang out sometimes, and she always can use the money."

"You know Mr. Burke? Michael Burke? I know you know Todd."

"No, not really." Cherie said. "I'd seen him at a few parties hosted by Mr. Wargrave, but I'd never had sex with Mr. Burke, and this was the first time he'd hired me."

"Okay. Thanks, Cherie." I said. "Like I said, I'll do what I can to protect your secret, but I can't stop the investigation nor where it might lead, so prepare yourself and be careful in the future." With that, I got up and walked back into the room with all the agents, some of whom were staring daggers at me. I asked Jack Muscone to come outside with me. I did not turn off the bug-interference device.

"Okay," Jack whispered, "I am alienating some agents to help you with this. What is it?"

"She's a C.I. for the City Police. I certainly don't want to burn her as that, and if we tell those guys in there, it'll be all over for Cherie." I whispered. "But beyond that, I think she's scared of something else, someone else. Henry Wargrave has hired both her and our victim from time to time. Gotta wonder... gotta wonder..."

"Okay." Jack said. "We're between a rock and a hard place. I could tell these guys that I'll tell them on a need-to-know basis if and when the time comes. The problem is that they'll keep investigating, maybe even harder than before, and Cherie's name will pop up all over the place, and it's a done deal for her anyway. I could shut the whole thing down, tell them it's at a higher level now, and I could bring the Deputy Director himself in to back it up. But then someone may go to the press, or may scream cover-up for Michael Burke... who's still a pretty powerful business influence with certain Members of Congress. This could get messy very quickly, Don."

"Are these guys trustworthy?" I asked. "Enough that they can be brought in on any of your investigations?"

"Nope." Jack said. "Especially not the 'Superior Bloodlines' case. We're limiting that very greatly. My team, one team in Atlanta, and that's it for now. I don't really know these agents, and the fact they were chosen to be sent to investigate a Park Service case shows they're not the brightest bulbs in the box, if you know what I mean. But I'm not sure what to do-"

"Mr. Muscone!" called out of voice from the doorway of the building. "You have a phone call inside. It's from the... from the Deputy Director of the FBI himself."

"Oh, good." said Muscone, giving me a meaningful look. He rushed inside and I followed. "Yes sir... yes sir... that's right, sir... yes sir, I'll tell them. Thank you, sir." After hanging up the phone, Jack turned to everyone.

"That was the Deputy Director, calling all the way from Washington." said Jack Muscone. "He's instructed me to tell you that we're all off the case, that he will be sending a special task force. I don't need to tell you guys that this must be bigger than any of us here, so we're going to do what we're told. The coroner will do his autopsy and that information will be sent to Washington instead of to us. You FBI agents can go on back home. I'll clean up here."

Bewildered though they were, the FBI agents acted like professionals. They left their notes with Muscone and left. Muscone also took the notes from the Forestry Service agents.

"Todd, follow Cherie home... all the way to the City." I said "Call me immediately if there is the slightest bit of trouble." Todd said he'd drive Cherie's car, with Jeanine following in their car. They made their goodbyes to Michael and left quickly. Michael also hastily left.

Bonnie was insatiably curious as we drove back home. "That was the most fortuitous phone call in crime history," she said, "but I didn't see either of you nor any of the agents make a phone call, unless Don did so in the room with the blonde woman."

"Nope, I didn't make any phone calls." I said.

"Yeah, I was amazed too." Jack truthfully said. "He knew what was going on, but I have no idea how."

"Oh really?" I asked. "I thought it was pretty obvious who let the Deputy Director know."

"Who?" both of them asked.

"Observe and deduce, my friends... observe and deduce." I said. I would say no more about it, especially with Bonnie in the car. Maybe one or the other would, over time, realize that one Forestry Service agent was just a bit too good, had observed the similarity between myself and Todd... he was no ordinary Forestry Service agent, if I did not miss my guess... and I rarely miss...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Back in Town, Bonnie invited me into her office as Jack pulled up to the Psychology Building. I told Jack I'd catch up with him later that evening at the Federal Building. I could walk to The Mountain Nest from here, I also said.

Bonnie's office was not nearly as large as Laura's (which practically was a medical clinic), but it was roomy with a window to the outside, a desk to the right side, a sofa on the wall under the window and a coffee table in front of it. A television with video equipment was on the left side, where Bonnie could watch tapes (or television) from her desk.

"Have a seat." the lovely brunette said. I sat down on the sofa as Bonnie put her things down on the desk, then strutted her saucy body back around to face me.

"So, what did you want to talk about, and not in the FBI agent's presence?" I asked. In reply, Bonnie came around and straddled me on the sofa. Easing herself down, she slid her hands along my upper chest.

"I want to have a much more... personal... discussion with you." Bonnie said. "You have no idea how many women envy your wife for what she's taking to bed every night.

I felt myself blushing... and becoming aroused. Bonnie had a decent body, a pretty face and such a bright, bubbly personality that any man would be drawn to her. She leaned down and mashed her full lips against mine, and I felt her tongue sliding into my mouth, probing and seeking. Wow, she was being very aggressive! I thought as I let my hands slide up her sides and then cup her breasts.

"Let me suck that big cock of yours, see if it's as iron hard as I've heard." Bonnie said as she eased off of me and knelt in front of me. I again wondered how women were hearing about my cock's attributes and Bonnie unzipped and opened my pants. I felt her warm hand grasp my hardening prick, easing it out into the open. She gently jacked it as she looked up at me.

"Just relax and enjoy this." Bonnie said, her eyes sparkling; she obviously wanted this a lot. "I want you to come in my mouth. Don't hold back; when you're ready, shoot every drop of your hot cum into my throat."

Her raunchy words heated me even more, and my cock was now taut with hardness, aching to be sucked. And it did not have long to wait. Bonnie kissed the bulging helmet of my cockhead, then licked around it. She sucked the head of my cock into her mouth, let it slide out, then opened her mouth wide and engulfed as much as she could in one gulp.

I groaned as the heat of Bonnie's wet mouth enveloped me. I felt her seal her full, lipsticked lips around my shaft and suck hard as she slid back up, something Laura often did while fellating me. Then Bonnie slid her mouth back down, swallowing almost every inch of my turgid meat, then slowly sucking back up. It wasn't long before she had established a solid, sensuous rhythm and was sucking my dick as if it would be the last one she ever gave.

I let the pleasure in my loins build as I watched the mane of frazzled curly hair bob up and down as the woman underneath gave me head. Bonnie wasn't the best I'd ever had (Audrey Nethers and Laura were coming to mind for that category), but she was good and she was trying hard. I did not try to fuck her face like I enjoyed doing to my wife, but allowed Bonnie to orally service my meat and enjoy herself in the process.

And she was enjoying herself... she was moaning around my cock, mewling as she slurped her tongue around the head and shaft from time to time, and then going back to town with her hard sucking.

I think I lasted five minutes; it might have been three. But I did not try to hold back as that familiar tightness began building, which would lead to that staggeringly painful ecstasy of release. Bonnie must've sensed me building up. She cupped my balls and began jacking the base of my cock with her other hand as her mouth sucked hard on the upper half of my little 'iron crowbar'.

"Uhhh, I'm going to come..." I warned Bonnie. With that, she sank her mouth onto my dick, taking it deeper into her mouth. Just as she came back up, the first huge shot of semen fired down my shaft and into her mouth, filling it with my cock-cream. Bonnie hurriedly swallowed it and tried to sink her mouth down again as several more bursts of baby-batter spurted over her tongue and into her throat. She sucked another couple of bursts out and soon I was pulsing but unable to shoot more... I was spent.

Bonnie licked, sucked and slurped up the remainder of my load, cleaning me thoroughly, her full lips shining with a mixture of my ejaculate and her saliva. Finally, she looked up at me with a bright smile and said "That was delicious. And I loved swallowing your cum; now that part of you is part of me forever."

I could tell that meant something to Bonnie, and as I looked into her eyes it occurred to me for the first time that her feelings might be stronger than they should be. But she knew well that I was married, so I dismissed the thought.

"Thanks, Bonnie." I gasped as I caught my breath. "That was fantastic. So would you like my tongue on your pussy in return?"

"Not today, but I'll take a raincheck." Bonnie said. I was actually glad to hear it. I would've stayed and eaten her pussy, and I would've fucked her, but this was a nice place to stop for now, and Bonnie seemed satisfied with her oral conquest of my male member.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'd just finished telling Laura about the crime in the Lake Amengi-Nunagen area, as well as being sure to inform my lovely wife about the hot blowjob her fellow professor had given me before letting me come home, when the doorbell rang. Looking out the front door, I saw Cindy Ross outside. Of course I let her in. After all, I'd called my partner and asked if she could come over.

My daughter Carole squealed with delight upon seeing Cindy, so a few moments were taken up by Cindy holding, talking to, and playing with Carole.

"Okay, what did you want to see me about?" Cindy asked after Laura took Carole into the kitchen for feeding, and to leave us alone to our police business.

"I wanted to show you these pictures and asked if you recognized either of them." I said. I first showed her a picture of Nicole Stanton, a.k.a. 'Dawn Starrett'.

"She looks vaguely familiar, but I can't place her." Cindy said, trying to think. "Maybe I saw her on a rap sheet or something?"

"Maybe. What about this woman?" I asked, handing Cindy the picture of Cherie Ward. I got the result I fully expected.

"Oh yes, I've seen her before." Cindy said immediately. She then looked around to make sure nobody else was listening in, then whispered as quietly as she could "Do you remember the night Nathan Allen died?" I nodded as Cindy said "Well, you might remember that someone took a bottle of poison off a tall blonde prostitute and flushed it. This woman was that prostitute. I'm stone-cold sure of it."

"Yeah, I remembered that she was at the party, listening in when I confronted Allen and told him that we'd arrested his son... do you think the other woman was at the party also?"

"That may be where I saw her." Cindy said. "Why?"

"The auburn-haired woman was murdered up on Federal lands at Lake Amengi-Nunagen." I said. "The blonde woman had gone up with her... to Michael Burke's cabin, while Todd and Jeanine were visiting. While they're all visiting, this woman left the party early, and ended up dead on the roadside within a mile of the Burke cabin."

Just as I was about to say more, Cindy began coughing hard. "I'm sorry, Commander, I must have an allergy or something." she said in response to my concerned look.

"You feeling okay?" I asked. "Anything hurt?"

"No, but I think I better go on home. Don't want to get Carole sick if it's a flu bug or something." With that, she made her way quickly out of the house and back to her car, leaving both me and Laura wondering and concerned.

Part 5 - University President Dr. Sidney P. Wellman

Cindy sipped more of her soup, then said "Okay, Dr. Sidney P. Wellman, honors and titles galore, President of the University. Now this is a guy that I can see being in the middle of a spider web of knowledge and information."

"Yes, I agree with you." said Phyllis.

"Only thing is..." Cindy said, then after a pause started up again: "I had a conversation with Tanya Perlman once. She was having an affair with Wellman, stopped it when she started dating Pete Feeley, then resumed again after Pete died and after she was already pregnant. She told me that Dr. Wellman's first love is the University, that he'd sacrifice his wife and his mistress and everything else for the sake of his University, that he would kill for the sake of his University."

"I believe that, also." said Phyllis agreeably. "But does that make him an arch-criminal of such staggering caliber?"

"I don't know." Cindy replied. "But it puts him in an extremely unique position of power, of ability to absorb information, to exert his influence over a far and wide range. He certainly has a national presence and reputation."

"True, true." Phyllis said. "But my daughter-in-law Laura has said several times that Dr. Wellman loves his students, and often says he wishes he could teach classes again. That does not sound like a man who I would think is devoid of all emotion save greed and hatred."

"That's a point... that's a point..." Cindy agreed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*CHOCK! CHOCK! CHOCK! CHOCK!*

The lusty slaps of flesh-on-flesh echoed throughout the large, luxurious bedroom as the older man slammed his throbbing hard cock into the younger woman beneath him with deep, powerful thrusts. He was giving her all he had, exhausting himself in the process, driving her to her own orgasm as he rapidly approached his. Just as he was about to come, the woman gasped and he felt her cunt clutch hard around his pistoning meat. Unable to hold back, he gasped and bottomed out inside her, his cock spurting molten man-lava against her cervix and into the furthest reaches of her spasming pussy.

Their sweating bodies grinded together as they deeply kissed in the after-throes of their mutual climaxes, then he finally rolled off of her onto his back. He stared at the ceiling as the woman nestled into him, her head resting on his chest as his gasps for breath still echoed in the room.

"Mmmm, it's so nice you invited me here while your wife is at her luncheons with all those rich trophy wives." Tanya Perlman said, her voice sleepy but with a hint of sarcasm.

"My dear," said Sidney Wellman, "those rich trophy wives's husbands give my University a lot of money. A lot of money..."

"I know." said Tanya. "But not nearly as much as Mr. Wargrave gives the School. I'm surprised you haven't named the football stadium after him already."

Wellman chuckled, a deep hearty chuckle that unwittingly sounded sinister. "Yes, dear, he has been a wonderful supporter of our many colleges and programs here at the University. To this point, he's insisted that we name no buildings after him, as much as I'd like to. But which building?"

"The Business School?" Tanya suggested, not really interested... her hand was sliding along Wellman's crotch, moving toward his half-hard penis.

"Yes, he's a billionaire, but he didn't major in any business or finance discipline." said Wellman. "He actually was a Geology major with a minor in Chemistry, with almost enough credits for a full Chemistry degree. He initially was going into the oil business..."

"Oh really..." said Tanya, keeping her voice as 'uninterested' as she could. "Commander Troy was a Chemistry major, also. Funny how people don't use their degrees..."

"Mr. Wargrave actually did." said Wellman. "And the Middle Eastern contacts he made allowed him to make money and expand his businesses. He soon found that shipping, the transportation of good and services, made him much more money." Wellman realized he was telling too much about his patron. "But enough of that. What about you, my dear Tanya? Are you happy?"

"Oh yes." Tanya said, snuggling into her married lover's arms. "Little Pete is growing fast, and he's just a joy to be with and hold in my arms. Work is... okay, I guess." Wellman noted the catch in her voice.

"Problems at work?" he asked, subtly prodding her.

"Not really." said Tanya. "I really shouldn't complain: I'm a Lieutenant on a Police Force, which rarely happens anywhere to anyone with less than 20 years experience, and certainly not to women. I'm right where I want to be... head of the MCD Department of the Town & County Police Force. I couldn't ask for more..."

"But..." Wellman said. "Yes, I hear the 'but...' in your voice."

Tanya grinned, her beautiful cherubic smile that melted Wellman's heart and aroused his loins every time. "I guess I always thought..." She paused, then said "Well, when Don came to the Force and pretty much demonstrated that Sherlock Holmes has nothing on him, I was okay with it. And he really went out of his way to help me increase my abilities at solving crimes. Then he put me in the Crime Lab, and while I liked that okay, I really liked being in the field more, so he took me back out of there and put me in charge of MCD. He didn't have to do that."

Tanya paused, then continued. "I guess I had ideas that I'd be Don's 'sidekick', if you know what I mean. But Cindy Ross is that; those two are thicker than thieves. Everyone knows she took those bullets after pushing him down so she could get in front of him, and he gave her his blue crowbar. So sometimes I feel I'm on the outside looking in, and someone else is in my rightful place. Nothing against her, of course."

"They're not sleeping together, are they?" Wellman asked, curious.

"Of course not!" Tanya exclaimed. "Don't you know Cindy's engaged to another woman? Don isn't on her team, bed-wise that is. I think he'd love to fuck her, and he knocked up her sister, but the Iron Crowbar's not a woman, so she's not giving him any."

Wellman kept his face even, but felt total shock. The signs had been there but he'd totally missed them. So Cindy Ross is a lesbian... he thought to himself, cataloguing that piece of information.

"Oh, enough about them." Tanya said, wondering if she'd said too much. "So the University is doing okay? You're past the steroids scandal and Coach Harlan dying and all that?"

"Yes, I think so." said Wellman. "The NCAA and the Conference have quietly closed their investigations after that-" He stopped. He was about to mention Tim Dawdle's name, but that would've brought up who killed Dawdle... Angela Harlan... and that would've reminded Tanya of who else the Black Widow had murdered. Wellman did not want to go there.