The Elemental Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Reece gripped the edge of the table hard and took some deep breaths to calm down. He had never had this kind of reaction to anyone before. What on earth would make him think she was his? He was close to loosing it. James stepped forward and gave his report on the situation at Eirini's house. He was up and in front of her in nanoseconds. He shocked her and she nearly fell into him.

Reece put his hands on her upper arms as he steadied her. She looked up at him and stopped breathing. He was so close and smelled so good. She felt heat spread through her as she continued to look at him. Reece could smell her arousal and he almost lost control. He wanted her and it was completely irrational. With incredible effort he stepped back from her "Are you all right?" he asked his voice full of concern.

"I'm fine, they didn't take anything." She answered. He was confusing her; maybe she wasn't as immune to the vampire charm as she thought. Eirini unpacked her laptop and her work and decided to set up on the coffee table and couch in the living room. She didn't think that she could trust herself to be that close to him right now. "Lord Randall, do I have your permission to do some of my own work for a while." She asked.

Reece winced internally when she used his formal title, he didn't like the distance it put between them. "You are not a captive Ms Collins, you may do as you please, and it's Reece." He said quietly. As they both got back to work, Reece ordered up some dinner for her, pleased with himself that he didn't forget this time.

It was 10:00pm when Eirini finally yarned and shut down her laptop. Although it wasn't very late she'd had a trying day and she was still a little tired from the night before. "Do you know what the time is in Australia right now?" she asked. Bemused, Reece shook his head. "Doesn't matter I'll give it a go anyway." She quipped as she sat on the couch cross-legged and closed her eyes.

The bluish glow returned and Reece was on the edge of his seat ready to pounce should anything happen. After about ten minutes Eirini opened her eyes again. "What was that?" he asked.

"Oh I was just contacting Luke to let him know what had happened and to ask him some questions." She replied. Reece wanted to growl again. Who was this other man she needed to talk to. This possessiveness was starting to worry him. He waited patiently for her to continue. "Luke is an Australian Aborigine and a dream walker. I can communicate with anyone anywhere but he can only do it while he's asleep. Hence the time zone thing, I had to make sure he'd be asleep. He came to me in a dream a few years ago and we talked and he showed me things. He said they would help me understand things but most of the time it's in riddles and I don't really get it. Tonight I filled him in on what happened and I asked him what he thought I was." She explained.

"And what did he say?" Reece asked.

"Oh Luke is odd. He said he didn't care what I am and it didn't matter. But I pressed him and the only response I could get was that he called me an 'Elemental'. Like the four elements. But he said that I was something more like a fifth element. See, riddles." She threw her hands up exasperated.

"More fuel for your research?" Reece suggested. Eirini agreed with him but she was tired and she wanted sleep. She stood up and her head swam and she teetered. In a flash he was there again holding her up.

"Are you alright?" he asked for what felt like the hundredth time in the last couple of days.

"Fine," she said breathlessly, "just overdid it with the chat with Luke; sometimes the distance can be tiring." Her heart started beating faster and she started to feel warmer. Reece wanted to kiss her so badly that it actually hurt. He couldn't bring himself to do it because he new that he wouldn't be able to stop at just a kiss. He didn't understand the pull she had on him. Yet again he stepped back and allowed her to go to the bedroom. "You always seem to be there to catch me before I fall. Thank you." she said softly before she shut the door behind her. He stared longingly at the door, 'always' he thought.

When Reece finally went to bed he gathered her in his arms again, he couldn't resist. And this time in the morning he didn't pull away. Eirini woke to find herself in his arms, with her head on his shoulder, arm across his chest and one leg on his thigh. She blushed furiously as she opened her eyes and saw him looking down on her. "I am so sorry." She said as she frantically tried to move away but he held her close.

"Why?" he asked "I'm not." This made her blush even harder if that were possible. He finally allowed her to get up and she bolted for the bathroom with her clothes in tow. Dressed and ready she headed straight out into the living room and started working. She wanted to forget that even happened. But part of her mind would let her forget the way his chest felt under her hand. The way his hand rested on the curve of her hip. She was blushing at the mere thought. No man had made her feel this way, not that she had any experience in that area.

Eirini tried to focus on the research and shortly found herself engrossed in the numerous books and articles. She noticed when he came to join her at the table but she tried very hard to ignore him. He made it easy by being in and out all day working she presumed, even though it was Sunday. When the evening arrived she packed her things and made arrangements with Charles for when she could come in next.

Reece was edgy and bothered. He wanted her to leave because he didn't like the effect she was having on him. On the other hand he didn't want her to go; he couldn't stand the thought of not being around her. This battle was driving him mad. Finally James arrived to take her home. "Well Reece, I'd like to thank you for your hospitality and everything you have done." She said.

"It was nothing. Please stay safe and we might run into each other while you are doing your research. I would really like to know what you come up with. Good bye Eirini." He said as he walked her out.

To be continued ...

12