The Elemental Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Reece's eyes snapped open and he fixed his brother with a stare "What?" he demanded.

"Oh Reece, she's your True One, haven't you got the hint yet?" Evan replied.

"She can't be, she human, how on earth is this going to work? I can't stay away from her, but I refuse to hurt her. What am I to do?" he was distraught. Evan walked over to his brother and placed his hand on his arm for comfort.

"We'll work out something. You know that if you two keep denying this you'll go mad. And I can't afford to loose you Reece." Evan said with true feeling. The brothers sat there quietly for some time.

Eirini felt strangely alone over the next few days. There was no contact from Reece, mental or otherwise. She had gotten use to him touching her mind to check in, but lately, nothing. She had finished up her research and she finally had her answer. She knew what she was and the news was a little shocking. She felt she owed him an explanation, tonight she was going to go over and talk to him. If he could pretend nothing happened then so could she.

There had been no security detail for the last few nights since they had agreed the threat was over and she didn't need it. In one way Eirini was relieved but she did miss talking to the boys though. After work she took a taxi to the estate. She firstly went to check in with Charles and told him about her thoughts. Having been an integral part of the investigation he concurred with her findings and stood there looking at her with awe. "Don't Charles, I haven't changed overnight, I'm still me." She begged.

"Yes dear but it is somewhat incredible." He responded.

Eirini bookmarked several articles, pages from books and texts that had most of the relevant information and emailed them to Reece. She was procrastinating she knew but she couldn't bring herself to go to his office. With a mental shake she bid good bye to Charles and made her way there. His secretary asked her to wait inside "Lord Randall shouldn't be too long." She stated as she closed the door behind her.

Eirini slumped down in one of the armchairs and wasn't waiting more than five minutes when the door opened again. Eirini looked up hopefully only to gaze upon one of the most beautiful women she had ever seen. She was tall and statuesque, long blond hair and green eyes. She was wearing a shear dress that left nothing to the imagination. Eirini wanted to look away but she couldn't so she stood and said "Hello".

"You!" the woman hissed at her and Eirini was taken aback. She was sure she didn't know this woman let alone offend her in some way. James entered then and spotted the two women staring each other down.

"Carissa, Lord Randall will see you later." He tried.

Without looking away from Eirini, she said "Shut up James. I'm curious about Lord Randall's new pet." Eirini bristled at being called a pet but she didn't want to cause a scene in Reece's office. Carissa however had no intention of laying off "So, this is what he has been spending all of his time with, a weak little human." She growled as she circled Eirini.

"Carissa." James warned but she ignored him. Eirini was starting to get a definite threatening vibe off this vampire. "You wont last you know. He'll get tired of you eventually. He always does. And when that happens I'll be here as I always have." Carissa said as she leaned in and inhaled. "I can smell him all over you!" she screeched. Within less than a second Carissa's fangs lengthened as did her nails and she came after her.

Eirini didn't have a choice she threw up a shield and Carissa was knocked back. Not thwarted however she came at her again. This time Eirini sent out some of her energy and enveloped Carissa in it so that she was immobilized. She was focussed and didn't notice Reece walk in and ask what was going on.

The immediate threat removed Eirini was no longer scared. Instead she delved into Carissa's mind to figure out why this woman wanted to kill her. Carissa on her part was being deliberately cruel and sent forth her most intimate memories of Reece. Images of him on top of her, behind her, her sucking on his cock flooded Eirini's mind. Out of nowhere Eirini felt such a surge of jealousy it took her breath away.

It was completely irrational. Eirini knew she had no claim on him but still the feeling that he was hers persisted. Her mind rebelled against the images Carissa was projecting. Eirini could feel the essence of Carissa's life-force, she new that with one push she could snuff that light out. The thought terrified her more than anything else because in that moment she so wanted to.

Eirini was shaking as she withdrew from Carissa's mind. She sent a push to make her unconscious as she withdrew the field around her. Carissa slumped to the floor as she was released and Reece ran to Eirini.

Eirini was still shaking when Reece put his arms around her. She looked up into his eyes and burst into tears. He could have killed Carissa himself for causing Eirini this much pain instead he just held her until her sobs subsided. When she finally stopped crying she was sitting in his lap and being offered a box of tissues.

Eirini almost laughed at the absurdity considering she had already drenched the front of his shirt. "Don't worry, I wont let her scare you like that again; she will be punished for her actions." Reece soothed. Eirini looked at him incredulously.

"You think I'm scared of her?" she asked shocked.

"What else?" he asked dumbfounded.

"I'm not scared of her. I can defend myself as I have demonstrated. I'm scared of me." She said shakily. "When I was in her mind I could have killed her, one push and poof it would have been lights out. I wanted to. I wanted to kill her. The things she was showing me. You and her and ... I couldn't stand it and ... I'm a monster!" Eirini dissolved into another round of sobs.

All the while Reece's mind reeled as he stroked her and comforted her. 'She feels it too' he thought, 'and it's going to drive her mad. This all my fault.' He was mortified. Eventually she had cried herself out and she was exhausted. "You shouldn't drive, stay tonight." He said gently.

"Ok." she said wearily. "Why was Carissa so upset that you never bit her or fed from her?" Eirini asked out of nowhere as he escorted her to his rooms. He took a moment to answer and she was thinking that he hadn't heard her.

"If I had fed from her during sex she could have interpreted that as being mated. It is ok for humans, but vampire to vampire it takes on a different meaning. I never had the intention to mate with her." He said firmly.

"Boy did she want you to." Eirini said.

"Yes. I should have been more careful with her." He mused. He never thought that Carissa had become so attached. He favoured her on occasion because she seemed so unemotional about everything. He would never understand women, human or vampire.

They had reached his room and Eirini said with a small smile "I think I have to borrow another t-shirt." Reece gladly got her one and left while she got changed. He didn't think he could stand seeing her undress at this point. He came back in to tuck her in. "Don't be too hard on her." She said sleepily as she snuggled under the covers.

"And that is precisely why you are not a monster." He said as he kissed her forehead gently.

Reece left to take care of this mess and he ran into Evan on the way out. "I heard, is she ok?" Evan asked.

"She's fine, she was incredible but I think she's feeling it too." He confided in his brother.

"Charles said she sent you an email. He also said that she may not have had a chance to explain, but in light of what happened; there may be things you need to know. Shall we look?" Evan informed him. The brothers moved over to Reece's laptop and waited impatiently while the files opened. They read page after page of information. When they were done they looked at each other in stunned silence.

"Is it possible?" Reece breathed "Could she really be a Sorceress?" He asked using the alternate term for elementals.

"All the evidence points that way. There hasn't been one in over a millennium. This must be a critical time." Evan said quietly. "You know this probably means that she's likely strong enough to be your True One." Evan added.

"You think? The problem is we just don't know. Nothing like this has ever happened. I've looked into it. There has been some cross-species True Ones but never a human and certainly never something like this." Reece said worriedly.

"Indeed brother, but let me remind you there has never been anything like you either. Maybe the fates have destined you to be together." Evan added.

"I certainly hope so; I don't know how long I can hold out." Reece whispered. After taking care of some loose ends Reece retired to bed and gathered Eirini in his arms. There was something so right about having her here. It had nearly killed him the last few nights staying away from her.

Eirini woke up all over him again. This time she didn't feel so embarrassed, it just felt right. Even though she was awake she didn't move for a long time just savouring his smell and strength around her. "I read your email." he said quietly. She smiled; they had never been into small talk.

"And are you as freaked out as I am?" she quipped and snuggled into his chest. He growled in a very satisfied way.

"Not freaked out just surprised and impressed. I'm actually a little in awe of you." He said.

She pinched him and laughed "Don't be silly you're a vampire, you're so much stronger, faster and more beautiful." She blushed scarlet at that last comment and grateful that he couldn't see her face.

Reece chuckled as he lifted her chin to look into her eyes. "You are so much more powerful than I will ever be. And I find you incredibly beautiful." He breathed as he lightly brushed her lips with his. He couldn't handle much more than that at the moment.

Eirini felt like she was on fire and he hadn't even kissed her properly. She was astounded at her reaction him. Practically jumping out of bed she said "I need to get to work."

"And I need to get to New York for business." He said somewhat sadly. "I'll be away for a few days." He explained. Eirini couldn't breathe. She didn't understand what was going on between them but she certainly didn't like the fact that he was going away. She almost cried, she was being completely irrational. "Do I have permission to talk to you while I'm gone?" he asked as he tapped his temple. She quickly agreed and bolted for the bathroom before he could see her distress. He was dressed and gone by the time she came out.

To be continued ...

12