The Elephant & The Song

Story Info
Shy man meets a woman recovering from abuse.
8.4k words
4.55
9.5k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jackie_em
jackie_em
1,553 Followers

This story includes non-consensual sex. If that bothers you, please skip this.

Desperado, song by Glenn Frey and Don Henley of The Eagles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kent

It was a slightly gloomy spring day, just a bit chilly and overcast. Kent wandered down the strip mall, not that he wanted to buy anything, but he was tired of sitting alone in his apartment. He didn't have a TV, since there was little or nothing he wanted to watch. He read his books, or maybe went down to the clubhouse of the apartments to play pool. He was by no means a pool shark, but he could play adequately.

There was a private party in the clubhouse today though, so he couldn't do that. During the week, he'd normally be at his job, but this was Saturday. Kent worked as an accountant at a CPA firm. That left him near the bottom of the totem pole. At the top were the partners, then the non-partner CPAs, then the CPA candidates who hadn't passed the test yet. Being just a staff accountant, he was only slightly above the support staff.

Kent had no girlfriend. He'd always been a bit shy around women, particularly the pretty ones. He found himself tongue-tied, and when he could manage to speak to a woman, apart from business, he always seemed to say something to blow up his chances. Sad, but it seemed to happen so often that Kent often didn't even bother to try any longer.

At any rate, Kent wandered down by the shops, usually not even bothering to go inside. He'd look in the windows, but never saw much to catch his eye. As he walked some rain began to fall. He looked out and could see a wall of rain, moving down the street. As miserable as he felt, he didn't want to get soaked, not when it was already chilly, so he ducked in the nearest shop.

The shop was kind of an unusual one, which sold little hand-made knick-knacks made by local crafts people. Most of it was stuff that Kent thought was total junk. As he walked through the store, trying to wait out the rain, his eye was caught by some little crocheted elephants. Essentially they were covers for a small container of cleanser, but were cute in their own way.

They were two-tone with a base color and a lighter accent. The elephant seemed to sit on its butt with four little puff balls of yarn for feet, with a darker outer section and a lighter inner one. They had larger floppy two tone ears and a trunk alternating between the two colors with a white pipe cleaner to give shape to the trunk.

As he looked at them, a clerk in the shop came up to him. She was about 5'2" and 110 pounds, slender but with a nice shape and smallish breasts. She had a cute face and brown hair not quite to her shoulders. Her hair was tucked behind her ear on the right side and she had a flower behind her ear. She had a sweet smile as she walked up to Kent. She wore jeans that weren't too tight, with a pink blouse and some nice flats.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asked.

"I... um... was... uh... just browsing."

"Those elephants are kind of cute, aren't they?"

"There's lots of cute things around here."

She brightened even further and did a sexy but embarrassed squirm. "So what else caught your attention?"

"What or who?"

"You tell me."

"I see you have a flower behind your ear. I read that in the South Pacific, a woman would have a flower behind one ear to say she had a boyfriend, or behind the other to say they were looking for one."

"Interesting. Which ear was which?"

"I can't recall."

"I just have the flower because I like the way it looks."

"It looks very nice - you look very nice."

"Thank you."

"I... well... my name is Kent."

"I'm Elizabeth, but most people call me Liz."

"Is that what you like being called?"

"It'll do, for now."

Kent looked around the shop. Liz seemed to be the only clerk, and Kent was the only customer in the place. He wasn't sure what he should do. He knew what he'd like to do, but he'd been shot down so many times that he was hesitant to put himself out there again. Liz could be flirting with him, but it might just be someone trying to make a sale on a slow day.

"The... um... elephants?"

"They are cute, and they aren't too expensive. There's a retired lady who makes them for a little extra cash."

"I do kind of like them."

"Is there anything else here you see that you like?

Kent looked at Liz, looking straight into her eyes, and found himself almost lost in those eyes. Of course there was something else he liked - he liked Liz, but that might not be what she meant. Kent thought about Liz - thought about his lips touching hers. He actually leaned very slightly forward, and saw Liz's eyes get very big. Kent blushed and pulled back, looking away as he did.

When he looked back that way, Liz was looking down and looking a little embarrassed. Kent wasn't sure if he was wrong to move like he was going to kiss her, or whether he was wrong to stop. Either way, he had screwed up, yet again. He was confused and ashamed and grabbed two elephants off the shelf, one grey with white accents, and the other blue with powder blue accents.

"I... um... I'd like these."

Liz looked at Kent, with a sad expression, turned and led him to the cash register. She rang up the two elephants, and started to bag them. Kent took the blue one and handed it to Liz.

"I'd... like you to have this - from me."

"Really? Okay. Thank you."

Kent got the bag with the grey elephant. He looked out the window to see that the rain had blown over. He looked back at Liz, wondering if he should do or say anything else. Just before he turned to go, Liz spoke.

"Come back again if there's anything else you'd like."

"Thank you. I... will."

Kent wasn't sure how to take that. Was she saying she was interested in him, or was she just being polite to a customer and giving him a routine pleasantry? He wasn't sure. He'd been wrong so often that he felt gun-shy. Liz was pretty, and Kent would love nothing more than to get to know her better. As he walked to the door, Kent turned to look, to see Liz turned away from him, looking at a shelf.

He assumed she had no interest in him, and that was her way of showing it. Kent shook his head, and walked out the door. At the sound of the door, Liz turned, unseen by Kent, with a look of disappointment. Kent walked away, not looking back. Liz took a deep breath, releasing it with a ragged sign and turned back to her work.

....................

Kent got back to his apartment, which seemed even lonelier than before. He took the little elephant from the bag and put in on a bookshelf. When he looked at the bookshelf and saw it, it reminded him of Liz, which pained him. He moved it to a spot where he wasn't as inclined to glance, which lessened the pain somewhat.

Kent thought about making some dinner, then decided he had to get out and at least somewhat be around other people, even if he didn't interact much with them. There was a pub he went to occasionally, just to get out. He went over there to grab a deli sandwich, a beer, and just get slightly away from himself.

The pub had two rooms, connected. One had the bar and some booths and tables. The other had several tables and booths along with a riser that served as sort of a stage. Once in a while they would have musicians there to play, though with more than three people, it got pretty crowded on that riser. Tonight they had a DJ, with a sound system playing mostly oldies.

That room wasn't as crowded as the room with the bar, and Kent easily found an empty table. He ordered a beef and bird sandwich, roast beef, turkey, and swiss cheese on onion roll, and also got a beer. Kent ate his sandwich and drank his beer, not paying a lot of attention to the rest of the room. He looked up at one point, and saw Liz, sitting by herself at a table about twenty feet away.

Kent was astonished to see her there, and just a few hours after he first met her. He stared over her way, until she turned her head, saw him, smiled, then looked back away. Kent realized he was staring and almost creepy in the way he looked at her, so he tore his eyes away, though he glanced back over there frequently. He never saw Liz turn back in his direction.

Kent decided she was trying to be nice, but had no interest in him, which was pretty typical for his interactions with women. That depressed him, but he was often depressed by women. Kent was beginning to think perhaps he should go back to his apartment, as depressing as that could be. As he sat there, Liz got up walked up to the DJ and spoke to him.

Liz then walked back to her table and sat down, never looking directly at Kent. He thought that was a little unusual, and wondered if she knew the DJ. As all this ran through his head, the song that was playing ended and the DJ started a new song. Kent's attention was seized by the song and he found himself listening to the Eagles sing Desperado.

"Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? You been out riding fences for so long now."

Kent found himself drawn to the lyrics, listening to every word. Each one seemed to strike a chord in him, ever deeper.

"Now, it seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table, but you only want the ones that you can't get."

And wasn't that true? Kent all too often had been drawn to the prettiest women, shunning the women who might have gone out with him, and might have had some interest in him. Kent sat there thinking about his life, and what he had indeed passed up, along with the possible happiness he had foregone as the song drew toward its close.

"Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? Come down from your fences; open the gate. It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you. You better let somebody love you, before it's too late."

As he sat there, Kent had a deluge of thoughts. Did Liz request that song? Was she sending a message to him? Somehow Kent felt that whether or not Liz requested that song, that the universe was sending him a message. He had spent too much time being depressed and alone, shutting himself off from others. All he was doing was hurting and depriving himself.

Should he go try to talk to her? What if she wasn't really interested in him? At this point, it almost seemed whether or not she rejected him, he had to at least try. Kent could never forgive himself if he didn't try. Kent grabbed his glass of beer, stood up on very shaky knees and walked over to the table where Liz was sitting.

As Kent got to the table, Liz looked up, first with a bit of surprise, then with a shy smile. Kent was frozen for a few seconds. Liz looked at him kind of quizzically. Kent wasn't sure he was doing the right thing, but somehow he knew this was something he had to do, certainly for himself and his own self-esteem. He felt his heart beating so fast, it was almost like a drum roll.

"Hi. We met this afternoon. I'm - "

"Kent. Yes, I remember."

"May I join you?"

Liz had a little half smile as she gestured toward an open seat at her table. Kent's hand shook slightly as he pulled out the chair to sit in it. His knees were so weak at that point that he almost fell into the chair. The DJ continued to play music, and there were people talking and laughing in the pub, both in that room and at the bar in the next room. The only thing Kent saw or heard was Liz.

"You're Liz."

"You remembered."

"I try to remember the names of the especially pretty girls I meet."

Liz gave Kent a look as though she felt he was just trying to flatter her. He stuttered a bit before continuing. "I come here occasionally, but I don't remember seeing you here before."

"I wanted to try some place new, and my roommate was going to a really sleazy place. I didn't want that."

"I'm glad you came here. Have you been working in that shop long?"

"For a few months. I'm going to college and I have a scholarship to cover tuition, but need some way to pay for food, rent, books - you know."

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"No thank you. One is my limit - I have my reasons."

"So what are you studying?"

"Business - marketing."

"I'm an accountant."

"Sorry, but I hated accounting. I love marketing though."

"I don't love accounting, but it was easy for me. I was an economics major, but there's not a lot of jobs for that. I had to take accounting and picked it up well enough to land this job."

"Got to make a living."

"So are you from this area?"

"No, I'm a west coast girl, but I really needed a change of scenery."

"My family is in the northeast, but I wanted to get away, and I liked this area, so after I got my degree, I found a job here."

As they talked, Kent began to relax. Liz seemed easy to talk to, and as they talked she began to seem more like the woman he'd met that afternoon, and a little less remote. Before long they were talking and laughing like old friends. It began to get late, and Liz started to get herself together.

"I've enjoyed talking to you, but I have to be going. I open the shop tomorrow, and I need my sleep."

Kent paid his tab and walked Liz out. She didn't head for a car though.

"Didn't you drive?"

"I walked here. I don't live that far away."

"I could give you a lift."

"Thank you, but no - really."

"It's late. At least let me walk you home."

"I should be okay, and I have a roommate and can't invite you in anyhow."

"I'd feel better if I knew you got home safe. I won't try to come in or to do anything - at all."

Liz looked very concerned and looked around. There were a few people out in that area.

"I don't know. I feel uncomfortable."

"Please. I promise to be good. And I would like to see you again if that's okay."

They exchanged phone numbers, and Liz reluctantly allowed Kent to walk her back to her place. It was an older apartment, not a lot of amenities, but something that catered to students short on cash. Her place was up a flight of stairs. Kent walked her to her door, and Liz stopped him, putting her hand it the middle of his chest.

"Thank you. You've done your duty. I have to go in, and you can't come in."

"I understand. I did enjoy spending time with you."

"I enjoyed it as well, but I don't always have a lot of time, between classes, work, and schoolwork, I stay pretty busy."

"Next Friday or Saturday night, maybe?"

"Maybe we can. Goodnight, Kent."

With that, Liz quickly unlocked the door, went inside and locked it behind her. Kent walked the five or ten minutes or so back to where he had parked, got in his car, and drove to his apartment. Kent was puzzled. Liz seemed to like him, but was uncertain, and he wasn't sure what that was all about. Well, he'd had a chance to spend time with her, got her phone number, and at least the possibility of a date.

.......................

Liz - one year earlier

Liz was walking on air. She was enjoying her classes, doing well in them, and she had a boyfriend who seemed to respect her. So many of the guys there at school, only seemed interested in a hookup, or at most someone they could regularly hookup with but with no emotional ties. Todd seemed different, he took her out, without expecting that a date would automatically get him into her panties.

They had gone on four dates now and he hadn't really tried to push her into anything. Liz was still a virgin at 20 years old. She wasn't one who necessarily wanted to wait until marriage, but she wanted to feel as though there was something more than just a quick fuck. Todd was the first guy who seemed interested in more.

They had progressed from a kiss on the first date, to letting him touch her some, but only over her clothes. They had a date tonight, and Todd said he had something special planned. Liz could hardly wait. He picked her up and took her to a nice restaurant. He never took her to fast food places, but this was nicer than normal.

Liz wore a modest but cute skirt and top, along with low heels. Todd wore khakis and a dress shirt with a sport coat, and loafers. Todd was 6'2", lean and muscular, with a handsome face and a smile that was contagious. He seemed to have little trouble getting women, but he seemed interested in Liz. One woman she knew told Liz to be careful of him, but didn't say why, and so far he'd been a perfect gentleman.

Todd, of course held the car door for her, both getting in and getting out, then held the door for her at the restaurant, then held her chair as she sat. Since she was under the drinking age, they both had sodas at dinner. After dinner, Todd took her to a club to go dancing. Todd got them both sodas there, but had a small flask of vodka, and put some in each of their drinks, to help Liz loosen up.

They danced for quite a while and had more surreptitious drinks. Liz was getting rather drunk but feeling quite good. After they were done dancing, Todd wanted to stop at his place. Liz just felt giddy and made no protest. He no sooner got her in the door of his place than he began kissing her. Liz felt good and they had kissed more than a few times before.

As they kissed, Todd ran his hands all over Liz's back and ass. After a minute, he simply picked her up and carried her into his bedroom. Liz giggled. Had she been sober, she might have objected, but Todd had been so good to her, that she might not have. He placed her down on the bed, crawled in beside her and began to kiss and touch her.

In one sense, Liz was conflicted, but she was drunk enough that she didn't really object. She liked Todd, and had assumed they would become lovers, though she'd figured they'd wait a bit longer. Still, what Todd did to her made Liz feel good, and before she even realized it, Todd had undressed her completely and she was naked on his bed.

He played with her boobs, tweaking and pinching them, before shifting down to stick a finger in her pussy. Because of her intact hymen, he couldn't get too far in, but Liz was quickly wet. Todd pulled off his clothes, and got on top of Liz. Even in her drunkenness, this seemed to be going faster than she thought it should. Todd put his cock between the lips of her pussy and entered her.

It hurt as he broke her hymen and she shrieked when it happened and moaned a bit from the pain. Todd paused with his cock inside her, while she got used to it.

"Don't worry baby, it only hurts for a little while."

He then began to fuck her, not roughly, but steadily. The pain eased up, but it still hurt Liz some, but she kind of resigned herself to that. She knew that eventually they'd do this, even if she wasn't quite ready for it yet. As it went on, it didn't feel bad and Liz actually began to enjoy it, and even fucked him back. Before long, Todd plunged his dick deep inside Liz and filled her pussy with his cum.

Liz was not on birth control, since she hadn't expected they'd be lovers quite so soon, but that was the last thing on her mind at that point. As Todd stopped fucking her, Liz closed her eyes and just lay there on the bed as he finished cumming in her. She was happy and felt satisfied, since Todd was her boyfriend and she expected they'd do this, besides, she'd enjoyed it.

Liz was drunk enough that she couldn't really object when Todd decided to share Liz with his two roommates, Aaron and Phil. They used her until they the three men passed out. By then, Liz was no longer drunk, though exhausted and sore all over. She suspected if she was there in the morning, they would likely do it all again. She looked around and found her skirt and shoes, but none of the rest of her clothes. She found a shirt that belonged to someone and pulled it on, then grabbed her purse and quickly and quietly left the apartment.

It was about 4:00AM and Liz was about a mile from her place, but she staggered home, then went in the bathroom. She vomited a few times, both on the way home and in the bathroom, before getting in the shower and scrubbing herself almost raw. Her legs were still weak and wobbly, and she found something to do a make-shift douche of her pussy and a make-shift enema to clean herself out.

jackie_em
jackie_em
1,553 Followers