The Elephant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning I called a guy that I knew who did videos of weddings and other events. I took the tape over about noon to get it reproduced.

Jim welcomed me in.

"This isn't a bootleg of a popular movie," I explained. "It's homemade. The wife and I were fooling around with our video camera last weekend and, well, you know. She wants to get rid of it. I'd sort of like to keep it as a reminder when we get old. Can you reproduce it? That way I could keep a copy and yet still show her that I destroyed the one we made."

"Sure. No prob."

"We don't have to watch it to copy it, do we?"

"I'll make the copy. After that, I'll leave you alone for a few minutes so you can scan it to make sure the copy is good."

I left Jim's place and went directly to a bank near the office where neither Ann, I, or my business had ever had an account. I rented a Safety Deposit box. Into it I put the video copy, motel receipts and some still pictures that Delaney had taken.

Wednesday evening, I again claimed I was working very late. Ann was asleep by the time I got home. She was all primped and powdered though, expecting to make love. I thought of that phrase. Who was she making love with now and who was she just having sex with?

Saturday I told Ann that I wanted to grill steaks. While she was grocery shopping, I slipped the tape into the VCR and cued it to the first scene.

I grilled while she put in the baked potatoes and broccoli. I opened a nice bottle of wine. We had a pleasant meal on the deck with interesting conversation. I wondered if this would be the last such conversation. It was up to Ann now.

After we had cleared the dinner dishes and cleaned up the kitchen I told Ann that I had a movie that we could watch. She wanted to know what it was but I insisted that it be a surprise. When she sat down, I hit PLAY on the remote.

Since I knew what was coming, I watched Ann's face. The first few seconds showed a closed door in a bedroom. She looked interested. Then the door opened and Ann entered followed by Dave. When she saw her own face, she did a double take and went pale. When the kiss started she spoke.

"Stop it." Her voice was very thin, as if she'd been hit in the solar plexus and had the wind knocked out of her.

"What did you say?" I pretended not to hear her. The tape was showing Dave unzipping her dress and pulling the shoulder down.

"Stop it," she said in a conversational tone. As Dave bent to kiss her nipple, she broke. "STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! Oh, god," she groaned and collapsed sideways on the couch.

"What? You don't want to see such a fine performance? You don't want to hear those lines, what was it? Oh yes, 'You make me come so good.' Or how about 'I wish we could make love all night.'"

"How about that acting when you spread your cunt lips and tell him how wet he makes you." I had vowed to not mentally abuse her, but I had to vent some rage and I knew the coarse language would hit her hard.

"I can explain this." She sat back up and seemed to have gotten control of herself.

"You can explain the seven motel receipts with your signature in your maiden name? What a lame cover-up. And you felt like you had to pay for sex?"

She glanced at the TV. I looked, too. It was showing her licking around his tool and balls while she knelt on the floor.

"Please, I can't talk to you with that running. Just shut it off and let's talk."

"Yeah. You obviously don't get to talk much while you're with Dave." On the tape Ann was enthusiastically sucking Dave.

She lunged off the couch and across the room to hit the OFF button on the TV. The VCR continued to run.

"Where did you get that?"

"What? You've been doing this so much that you think I might have bought this on the Internet?"

"You bastard! You know what I mean."

"Where or how I got it is of no concern. What is of concern is why this happened."

"If you had been home more evenings for dinner, it wouldn't have happened." Ann was trying to regain the initiative and blame it all on me.

"Thirty years ago WE took a vow of fidelity. I don't remember a clause in there that said 'Unless you don't come home for dinner on time.'"

"Well, Dave needs me all the time. His wife is frigid and he's had a sexless marriage for a long time."

"Gee, did he just hand you a Good for Ten Free Fucks card from his Monopoly game?" She winced when I used that word. "Did he also tell you he'd respect you in the morning? Men have been using that frigid line forever, and you bought it? You are dim."

"I don't have to stand here and be insulted."

"You're acting like I'm the one that played the slut." When our eyes met, she at least had enough guilt to look away quickly like a dog caught beside her own mess. "I ought to go out and have an affair myself and see how you feel." Now I was getting carried away. I didn't want to go tit-for-tat.

"You wouldn't dare!"

"I always thought that you wouldn't dare either."

"I don't have to put up with this. I'm going to bed."

"If you want, but you sleep in the guest room tonight. You won't come back to OUR bedroom unless you're rid of a third person. Even the king size bed won't hold us all in comfort."

"Well, I've slept in the guest room often enough because of your snoring. I'll be comfortable there." Points to Ann.

"Well, if you think Dave doesn't snore just look at that fat on him, and, if he pants just climbing a small hill in the park, he's horribly out of shape."

"He's not fat, just a little padded. And he's in good enough shape to last for a good while; I should say a GOOD TIME. Hey, wait." She paused. "How long have you known about this?" She finally registered the full import of my comment about the hill.

"Long enough to know you're not as shy about public nudity as you used to be!" Points to me.

"You son-of-a-bitch, if you had taken care of me, this wouldn't have happened." She stormed off slamming the door to the guest room.

I flicked back on the TV.

"Oh! That's so good," Ann moaned as Dave was moving back and forth.

I barely made it to the bathroom before the steak spewed out.

Sunday I got up about 10. When I came out, the guest room door was closed. I started coffee and fixed myself a very light breakfast.

Ann appeared about 10 minutes later. Her eyes were puffy and red and she looked like she hadn't slept much but she didn't speak. She just started to fix a bowl of cereal.

I got up, walked behind her and put my hands on her shoulders. "The past can't be changed but there is still a future. I'd like it to be with you."

She turned around and buried her face in my shoulder. "I can't believe what I've done. Can you forgive me," she sobbed.

"I can, but I need to understand what happened, when it happened and why it happened. Let's get some coffee and talk."

We fixed cups in silence and drifted into the den.

"You haven't still got tha, tha, that awful tape in there?" The TV had a gray screen where I had forgotten to turn it off last night.

"No. I took it out last night." I walked over to the remote and turned the TV off. "Tell me what happened." I sat at the other end of the couch from her.

"Well, I'm sure you know that Dave works in the same building as Mr. Nasty. I didn't know that he worked there until I met him in the food court one day at lunch. We talked as friends do. The next time I was there, he was there again. After the third time we bumped into each other for lunch, he suggested that next time I was in the area that he take me out for lunch."

"You thought this was innocent?"

"I don't know what I thought, but it was fun and seemed harmless. He flirted with me and gave me compliments on my looks and clothes."

"I tell you all the time how pretty you are and how good you look in your outfits. I've even heard your friends both unmarried and married tell you how nice it must be to have a husband who appreciates you like I do."

"Yes, but you're supposed to do that. It's like a mother bragging about her kids. You don't know if it's true until you have outside confirmation. It's so flattering when someone outside your family notices you. Anyway, before the next time I was there, I called him and we made plans. That lunch was at a restaurant in the mall. It was longer and more flirtatious on both sides but nothing more. Then a week later Dave called me and said he was going to a morning meeting out this way. He wanted to meet me for lunch afterwards." Ann paused as if trying to decide what to say.

"When did this happen?" I wanted to know how long the affair had been going on.

"In early March. I knew something more was going on but I managed to convince myself that it was all friendship, just happened to be in the area and so forth. Anyway, he took me to a late lunch at Le Gard. He parked out back. I thought it was unusual to park so far from the front but he said he wanted his car in the shade. We both had a couple of glasses of wine and didn't finish until after 2. When we came out his was the only car in the parking lot on that side of the building. Instead of unlocking the door he kissed me, just a brush of the lips, really. I felt a rush knowing I was still desirable to a man so I didn't do anything. He took that as encouragement and kissed me again, this time with tongue. When my tongue touched his, he slid his hand up from my waist to brush the outside of my breast." She paused again.

"Go on." I wasn't sure I wanted to hear more, but I couldn't stop myself.

"I felt giddy, like I was back in high school. I got wet almost immediately. Dave stopped, I thought, and put me into the car. Being March it was still cool and having the car in the shade, the temperature inside was comfortable. When he got in, he slid across the seat and began kissing me again. I was wearing a dress that buttoned to the waist. He unbuttoned it part way and put his hand inside. As you know, every bra I have fastens in front and he quickly had it open and was fondling my breasts. My head was spinning and everything was moving fast. He unbuttoned the rest of the buttons. He bent to take a nipple in his mouth while his hand slid down past my waist and under the tops of my panty hose and panties. I couldn't stop him. I didn't even try. It was so dangerous and exciting. I came almost as soon as he touched my clit." She hung her head and started crying softly.

I moved to sit beside her and hold her. After a while she stopped and looked up at me.

"Can I stay," she asked in a small voice.

"That's all I ever wanted. Stay with me and me alone. 'Grow old with me, The Best is yet to be.' So says the poet."

"How did you find out?"

"You remember when I got the tracking project with Genuine? I decided to take them to lunch at the Hart and Boar. I saw you there."

"What about Judy?"

"That's somebody else's marriage. Let them figure it out, but if this stops now, they won't hear anything from me. I'll tell you though, in the instances I know about, the guy has been tomcatting about for a long time and the wife knows but just won't say anything. There's more than one reason to act frigid in bed."

"You won't have an affair yourself?"

Okay. You've won. Be generous in victory. But I couldn't quite let it go. "I don't know. You've hurt me a lot. I can't promise you right now."

She hung her head in acceptance.

CHAPTER 2

Whom the gods would tear down, they first build up.

I insisted that we get some counseling before we started having sex again. One reason was that I knew it would take time before I could get some of those images from the videotape out of my head.

We had twice weekly sessions for six weeks. We dredged up old hurts and healed them over properly. We discussed Ann's affair, her emotions and mine. Finally, I felt like we were a couple again. I hoped Ann truly felt the same.

Things went well for about six months. The sex, if anything had improved. I took some hints from what I had seen on the tape. Ann also allowed me some new liberties and gave me some new teases. I tried not to think about where she had learned them.

Then we were invited to a holiday party at one of our friends. It was like any other large holiday party, loud with lots of drinking, flirting and daffiness. I didn't realize it, but my ego was still tender. As the evening progressed, Ann had too much wine. I could hear her voice become louder and she became flirtier. Then, I saw a guy with his arm around her waist and she was leaning against him. I tried to push any ideas away but he continued to hang around her and over the next hour his hand slipped from her waist southward. Before it could go too much lower, I brought her a fresh glass of wine and invited Ann to look at an objet 'd arte, elsewhere in the house.

When we left the party, Ann could tell that I was upset.

"What's wrong," she asked.

"That creep Arty. Hanging all over you like that. And YOU let him."

"Aw, c'mon. He didn't do anything and his wife was around. You could have done something sooner if you had cared."

"I was hoping you'd do something to let him know you were off limits."

"Hey, he didn't do anything. And it was a party. I didn't want to make a scene."

The nooky that I had been planning on earlier in the evening faded away as we each turned to the far sides of our bed.

The following week some salesmen from FarmerInThe were in town for a day. My firm does a lot of business with them. They wanted to take Ann and me to dinner. Unfortunately, that night Ann was babysitting Billy so that our son, Jack, and his wife could go to his company's Christmas Party.

I met the two-person sales team for drinks at their downtown hotel. We hadn't even been served our first drink when I noticed a cute blonde take a seat at the bar. She looked to be in her late twenties with a nice shape. Her tanned legs were emphasized by the mini-dress she was wearing. An old frat-house phrase jumped to my mind, legs long enough to reach to heaven.

"Wow! Look at that one." the junior sales guy said. After a few off-color comments about the blonde, we drifted to other topics. The blonde continued to be in my field of view so I could see her being joined by a man in his forties. They talked; finished up the drinks they had and left.

We decided on dinner at the hotel restaurant and finished about two hours later. As I was walking through the lobby to leave, I passed the entrance to the bar. The same blonde as earlier was there talking to a younger guy now. "Ah, a working girl," I thought as I pushed through the revolving door to the valet stand.

On my way home I thought about the girl. Then I thought about Ann at the party last week. I began to form a plan.

"Are you open Friday afternoon?" Ann had returned from her babysitting gig and I was setting things in motion.

"Let me check." She went to her planner. "Sure. What's up?"

"I thought maybe we'd have an early dinner and go see the Nutcracker, if I can get tickets. Maybe stay down at the Hyatt, drink champagne, and pretend we're doing something naughty."

"Ohhh. You are so baaad!"

Friday, we checked into the Hyatt about 4PM. Ann was already dressed but I took a quick shower and changed into the suit, shirt and tie that she had picked out for me.

Before we left the room, I put a bottle of champagne on ice for when we returned. The ice would melt before then but the bottle would still be cold.

We got to the restaurant about 5. After a leisurely two-plus hour dinner we caught a taxi to the ballet and then, later, a taxi back to the hotel. When we got into the lobby, I spoke to Ann.

"Honey, I've got to go take a leak real bad. I'm going to run to the restroom off the lobby. Here's the room key. You go on up and I'll be there in a minute." I thrust the key at her and hurried off like it was really urgent.

I did take a brief leak, but then I made sure I took a long time washing my hands, just in case the up elevator was slow. I took the three, crisp 100's out of my wallet and folded them in quarters. I walked out of the john and into the bar. The blonde was there. I walked over to her.

"Was that your wife?"

"Yes."

"She's really pretty, slim but curvy. I'm going to enjoy this."

"Twenty minutes, room 1108." I slipped the bills into her hand and went to the elevators.

When I got to our room, I took off my tie, shoes and socks. I removed two candles from my bag and lit them, turning off the rest of the lights. Then I opened the champagne with a small pop and poured two glasses.

Ann came out of the bathroom wearing the new baby doll outfit that I'd bought this week. It wasn't sheer, but the top tied in three bows down the front making for easy access and the panties were just slightly more than a thong.

"Here's to us," I toasted, "and I do mean that. Bottoms up."

"To us," she replied. She downed her glass and I poured another round of the fizzy.

"You remember that I still have an affair coming?"

Her head jerked up.

"A woman will be joining us in about ten minutes."

"You want me to watch while you have sex with another woman?!! This is about that party last week isn't it?"

"Partly. But no, I couldn't make you watch and I don't really want another woman. BUT, I do want to watch another woman have sex with you. After all, it's every man's fantasy, seeing two beautiful women together."

"NO WAY! I'm not a lesbian. I never even practiced-kissed another girl. I've never even thought about it."

"I know you're not a lesbian. I told her that you would not be an active participant. All you have to do is lie there and let her make love to you. Close your eyes and pretend like it's me after a really close shave and when I haven't had my hair cut for a while."

"I don't think so."

"Do this and it'll be over."

She paced up and down the room for a few minutes. Walking up to me she put a finger in my face. "I'm just laying there and no funny stuff on her part."

"I'll be here to stop anything that you complain about."

A knock on the door froze us both in place for an instant. "I'll get it."

I ushered the blonde into the room. "Ann, this is Winnie. Winnie, Ann."

"Would you like a glass of champagne?"

"Please."

The silence stretched out as I poured a third glass and gave it to Winnie. She sipped it briefly turning her head to watch Ann. Ann took a small sip from her glass but looked out the hotel window ignoring Winnie and me.

Winnie put down her glass and moved beside Ann. "Your neck is so graceful." She touched Ann's shoulder and pushed against it to turn her. Ann jumped but also turned. "Your eyes are so deep and expressive."

I sat down on a chair where I could see the two of them now and then later on the bed. Winnie needed to seduce Ann enough to get her to relax and accept the night's activities. I recognized that I might learn something from this.

"Do you mind if I take off my dress?" Ann nodded assent. Winnie turned her back to Ann. "Unzip me, please." The zipper moved smoothly down and Winnie stepped to the room's small desk. First, she kicked off her heels. After that, she pulled the dress from her shoulders and pushed it down her hips. Stepping out of the dress she folded it and laid it on the desk. Turning back toward the room, she was now wearing only thigh-highs. I could here the swish of the nylon as she walked back to Ann.

Ann watched as Winnie approached. "That color looks so good on you." Winnie smoothed the nightgown against Ann's side as she continued her seduction. "It sets off your hair so well." Winnie pushed back an errant strand from in front of Ann's ear. "Why don't you lie down on the bed." With gentle nudges she positioned Ann near the middle of the bed and knelt beside Ann but opposite from me so that I could see everything that was going on. With her legs spread open, even in the dim light I could see wetness glistening between Winnie's lower lips.