The Elf and the Human

Story Info
Elf and Human meet.
1.3k words
4.15
17.8k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She watched Him as He stumbled through the forest. Crashing through the undergrowth with enough noise that all the wildlife had fled far away. She was getting angrier by the second—what was this fool human doing in her forest? It was forbidden to all but the Elves. The Human King had even declared it off limits after He had lost so many soldiers in the forest depths.

She had to hunt for the disabled and ailing back in her village. Unknown to the humans, the elves has suffered great losses also, there were few who were able to hunt and protect her people after the wars. Plus, the elves didn’t birth as often as humans so it was a serious matter. Here in front of her was a sworn enemy and running off the food supply at that!!!!

Silently she stepped from behind the tree to confront Him, bow drawn back, arrow aimed straight at His heart. “Why are You in forbidden lands Human?” Startled, He stumbled to a stop, slowly sliding to the ground. With a grimace He looked up at her. “I am banished because my life is not worth anything and no one could stand looking at me.”

As she gazed at Him she realized He was stumbling because of His legs were malformed, His back bent, and His ankles locked straightforward making walking very difficult for Him. Hardening her heart, she let her gaze travel up to meet His eyes. “What makes You think a human would welcome here after all the deaths Your kind has caused?” “I am welcome nowhere—all I want is to live in peace somewhere”, He replied.

“How are You to live?” “I see no shelter, clothes, food, or weapons?”

“I have a knife, an ax, and a fire starter, they shall have to make do until I learn.”

This Human is crazy, she thought. I will let Him live so that His death is more painful over time. As silently as she appeared, she vanished to go hunting in another area.

The next morning her first thoughts were of the Human. She couldn’t help but wonder how He was faring even though He was one of the Enemy. Why couldn’t she put Him out of her thoughts? She went about her daily tasks in an attempt to clear her mind. Somehow though she kept seeing His eyes in all that she did. Finally she gave in, she had to know what became of Him.

Delicately she walked through the forest catching herself daydreaming about the Human with the beautiful eyes. Giving herself a shake she continued until she reached the glen that she had left Him in yesterday. Suddenly she stopped, what would she find when she parted the bushes? For the first time in years she felt fear, not for herself but for Him. Had she condemned Him to death by leaving Him here alone? Was she so hard hearted that she could not feel pity or love for another?

Parting the bushes and sliding silently through them she sees that her fears were unjustified. Not only is He alive He has managed to catch a rabbit and is trying to skin it. Seeing Him having trouble, she silently offers her apologies by taking the rabbit from Him and showing Him the proper way. He smiles at her and her heart flips. Lowering her eyes she shows Him how to spit and slowly roast it over the fire.

Over the next few weeks she teaches Him how to survive in the forest. Showing Him where the dangerous places are and where the most game is, which roots were edible to give Him some variety in foods. She helped Him build a solid shelter and taught Him how to craft a bow and arrows to match His weight and size. He in turn taught her about patience and laughter. Not only for a joke but being able to laugh at one’s self.

One evening as they were cooking a squirrel and baking some roots their conversation turned to differences of the two races. Imagine both of their surprises when they realized that there weren’t actually that many differences outside of the way they were built but the things they had in common were many. They also discovered that over the many weeks they had became friends without even realizing it.

As they ate she asked Him about His deformity. “If it bothers You to speak of it don’t bother my friend.” “No, He replied, “it ceased bothering me a long time ago little elf” I was born this way, part of my spine didn’t form correctly and my Mother was advised to leave me on the church steps but she loved me as I am.” “She taught me how to walk and not to be ashamed of who and how I am.” “She had a very hard time of it, my Father was killed in the war between the races when I was still in her womb, so She raised me alone.” “She didn’t have family to help her?” I asked. “She had family, but not if she kept me. So you see, I owe her everything.” As He sat looking into the fire, I thought about the woman who had shown such great bravery. Would I be that brave? I would like to think so but that is one of those that can’t be answered until the time of testing. “I would like to meet Your mother some day my friend. She sounds like a wonderful person and one that I think I could like very much.” Smiling softly, and a little sadly, He replied “She would have liked you also little elf but she has gone to a better place with no pain and no sorrow.” Seeing the pain in His eyes I said no more but moved closer to Him so that our shoulders touched and that He may know I was with Him. No more words were spoken between us that night but a new bond had begun to grow that could only deepen with time and togetherness.

Summer deepens and the weather is starting to cool but we don’t notice much as the passion between us is beginning to burn brightly. Tender looks and loving little touches, the racing of our hearts as we meet unexpectedly at times. The beautiful autumn colors turned even brighter by the knowledge that our feelings were turning to love. The sky was bluer, the reds redder, greens greener—giggling at myself I realized I had better watch where I was going before I hurt myself. I walked up to His shelter smiling warmly as I see Him waiting for me. Fate reaches out to touch us as I walk to Him—I stumble, He catches me but my weight unbalances Him and we both fall to the ground.

We lay there laughing at ourselves once we are sure neither is hurt. Slowly the laugher fades as we gaze into each other’s eyes. Our lips slowly meet at first hesitantly then softly and tenderly. As our kisses deepen with passion our pulses race and our bodies flush with heat. We stayed inside that day making love over and over until we knew each other’s bodies by heart. Falling asleep with arms around our loved one, waking up and beginning anew. We would feed each other, and laugh about nothing, but loving every minute of it because we were together at last.

Finally, we sit watching the sunset. Secure in the knowledge that our love is strong and would continue to grow as the days, weeks, and years rolled onward. It is the type of love that transcends all--race, age, disabilities, and prejudices. It is a pure love, a love that lasts a lifetime--and beyond.

The End