The End Of Us Ch. 04

Story Info
Everything that has a beginning, has an end.
4.6k words
4.1
6k
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/01/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
B59001
B59001
72 Followers

This is the final story in this series. I hope you enjoy it.

****************************

Jennifer opened her eyes, she was awake, but she was calm. There was no nightmare during her sleep. She was right as rain. She awoke feeling lighter than air. Ashley had cured her of her ailments. One night with her, or maybe it was combination of what she had experienced the past week.

The details did not matter much to her, she was feeling good. Her day was to be a good one. The bridge needed attention, this time herself, John, and Jack would be on hand for it.

Once Jennifer went through her normal morning routine she headed out. Jennifer, stood in front of the airlock as usual. Sliding the re-breather over her mouth as usual. Jennifer stepped inside and activate the sequence. She then stepped out, once again to the brown haze of the world. She moved toward the ship behind a few other early birds.

Jennifer was the first to arrive at the bridge, it was just ahead of the CIC. Even though Renovatio was not a war ship, it still had armaments, such as the usual cannons, EMP's, and a pair of purpose built rail guns rigged for space use. All of which was mated to a sophisticated guidance system which assisted in aiming, firing solutions and ensuring the target would be hit, instead of the projectile floating off into the depths of space to hit something eventually.

The bridge had seats, but the flying would mostly be automated, with a manual override available. The virtual windows illuminated but only showed a brown haze. However, infrared, x-ray, ultra violet vision was also available. Jennifer, had not touched any of the weapons nor was she involved in its development. Jack was the man in charge of that, his skill with weapons was unmatched, much like Jennifer's knowledge of the engine and drive core was unmatched. Soon after John arrived, followed shortly thereafter by Jack.

"Gentlemen," Jennifer said.

"Good morning, Jennifer," Jack replied.

"Yes, it seems a very good morning for you," John responded.

"Well, I had a good night's sleep."

"Well this is the happiest I have seen you in a long time," Jack replied.

"I agree with Jack, it is good to see you with a smile on your face."

"Thank you, but let us not get all soft here, we are soldiers after all."

"Yes Ma'am," Jack and John both responded in unison.

All three heard the door open and turned to face it, it opened and in stepped the General. All three saluted the General.

"At ease corporals," The General spoke and the soldiers lowered their salutes.

"Corporals, we have been making good progress."

"Apologies for the misdirection but there is no diagnostics needed, the bridge is complete. The ship is not complete though, but that is not why I called you here. I called you here to give you our destination."

"Two days ago, our long range communications picked up a signal coming from a probe dropped onto a planet with a number in its name. However, we have decided to dub it Renovatio, after this ship."

"Our thrusters work and should get us there in about eight to twelve months. Our automated ships have been at work feverishly for decades now and it certainly is paying off, right now when we clearly need it the most."

"Sir," Jennifer spoke.

"Yes, Corporal Collins."

"We have made recent tweaks to the engine drive core, it should shave of some travel time," Jennifer responded.

"Excellent Corporal."

"Sir, If I may," Jack spoke.

"Carry on Corporal Churchill," the General encouraged.

"Our weapon systems are primed and ready, simulation indicate 125% efficiency, our rail guns will work especially well with space matter such as asteroids. In addition to early warning detection systems alerting the ship of any danger and allowing the automatic activation of ship defenses. Manual control is also possible."

"Excellent, Corporal."

"Corporal Hazard, I take it the cryo pods are all at 100 %"

"Yes, general they are primed and ready to go. The hoist is more than capable of taking sustained heavy loads, so there will be no issues regarding loading people into the pods."

"Excellent work, all of you."

"Sir, yes sir," the three of them responded in unison.

The general continued with the briefing plotting, duty schedule while on board the ship, cryo schedules, maintenance schedules, and activation of the ships AI. The briefing continued for some time, and once it had ended there was a sense of calm, of achievement and pride, in what they had achieved. It was not just the General or the Corporals but everybody. Every man, woman, and child felt pride at what had been built in spite of why they had to build it.

"You have earned some time to let your hair down, dismissed," were the General's last words as he ended the briefing.

The soldiers agreed, it had been too long since they had time to unwind. Now that the ship was complete. They were ready to leave earth. There was one more thing that had to be done. A message had to be left, as a reminder, to any being in the universe who may find themselves on humanity's cradle.

Something to be carved in stone, timeless and able to withstand the rigours of time. This was something the General had taken care of some time ago. It had no words, just images. What men and women looked like, and what had humanity had done to their cradle, their birth place. It was to be unveiled just before everyone was to leave, as one last reminder before, they left never to see earth again.

The three corporals took some time to walk the ship once more. They were more intimate than most with ship knowing every nook and cranny between the three of them. The innovated, built, oversaw, and rescued in certain cases.

These actions, all that they had done, that everybody who tightened so much as a bolt on the ship had begun leading the remnants of humanity away from that, that precipice. Humanity had been there so many times before, but now, whether humanity would come back was still a complete mystery to everybody within the walls of the base.

The three left the ship, and went to see the exterior, every panel, every surface, an incredible thing to behold. They knew one thing that they were proud of what had been achieved. However, Jennifer's thoughts began to once again to linger and sway between hope and despair for the human race. John felt similar, there was lot that he had seen that had almost destroyed his faith in humanity.

In spite of everything Jack, remained positive, hopeful, and excited about what they would find once they were up there, out in the cosmos. They all stood there side by side with Jennifer standing in between them both.

The eventually went back inside, with their re-breathers almost spent, they had a limited time in which they would function effectively and completely block out the poisonous air. Once inside, they sat down the three of them reminiscing and talking about the old days. While this went on, Ashley, wandered by and was immediately invited to join them, which she obliged.

Ashley was like one of the group almost immediately. She was a survivor just like everybody else seated at that table, and within that base. They were determined to let their hair down and Ashley was going to join them.

They all decided Jennifer's quarters would be ideal for that event. Once inside, they found what would be in all the Corporal's cabins, it was a basket filled with treats, champagne, whiskey, brandy, all the hallmarks of a great night out, but they were staying right where they were. The drinks began to flow, shooters, whiskey on the rocks, and brandy from the bottle.

They were enjoying themselves, fully, for the first time in years. Nothing mattered, the world and its destroyed state was forgotten for a while, nothing mattered but the four beings in the room. Drunken antics, began to creep into lustful desire.

Jennifer and Ashley lined themselves up alongside each other. Jack and John began to examine them, and proceed to remove their clothes. John went first and began to slowly pull down on her zip, as John continued to pull down her zip, he noticed she had on nothing underneath. Only her luscious skin and exposed body, lay underneath.

John stopped as her jump suit remained around her waist. He knelt down, and began to remove her boots. Once they laid in the corner, John stood up once more and began to undo her belt buckle. He slipped it down and found her gorgeous uncovered pussy. Her legs were strong yet slender, a gap between her thighs, was sending all in the room into lust.

Jennifer, looked at Ashley and walked toward her and began to remove her clothes, she first starts with her shirt. She slipped it of her body, as she pulled it over her head. Ashley too, had nothing on underneath. Jennifer, gave her a quick kiss and began to pull down on her jeans after she had slipped off her belt. Ashley was now naked she had on nothing else underneath her jeans. The two men looked upon the two, now naked, ladies. They began to move toward them, John moved toward Jennifer, and Jack toward Ashley.

Jennifer bent over in front of John and pointed her finger toward her asshole. John obliged and dropped his jeans and set his member free. Jennifer gasped as John's non-lubricated member entered her asshole with relative ease. John began to move and Jennifer was enjoying it.

Jack looked upon that scene as Ashley was now on her knees with his cock deep in her mouth. Her tongue worked wonders along with her fingers on his balls. The night was just beginning and lust surging.

John had since picked up the pace as he pounded Jennifer's asshole hard and she wanted more, she demanded, she screamed for it. Her eyes were seeming rolling in the back of her head, as though John's cock was delving into the depths of her very brain.

Ashley had sat herself down and Jack pushed her onto her back and grabbed hold of her legs and moved them back so that they rested on her shoulders. Her asshole and pussy were now easily accessible and Jack slowly slid his cock into her pussy at first. He moved in getting a feel for Ashley's pussy and the position both of them were in. Ashley purred as she enjoyed the feeling of Jack's cock dipped deep in her pussy.

Jack then switched to Ashley's asshole and her response was even louder than before. He pounded her asshole, gave her something she would never forget. Her body was tingling and simply engulfed in lust.

All the while, Jennifer had switched positions and was now upside down. Her arms were wrapped around John's waist and her lips wrapped around John's shaft. John had wrapped his arms around her waist as he grasped her tight, while working on her pussy with his tongue.

Jennifer was gagging, taking John's large shaft all the way to the back of her throat. John was being driven mad as Jennifer was seemingly working magic. Her body was at that point infused with both lust and adrenaline as the blood rushed to her head whilst she was upside down. She would certainly be woozy once she got the right way up again.

Ashley had been kept by Jack in the same position but had switched his cock to her mouth and thrust it deep inside. She too gagged as Jack made fluent movements shoving his cock, all the way to the back of her throat.

It remained a lustful sight as those four beings fucked each other with wild abandon. Soon they switched, Ashley was eager to have a go on John's huge prick, and Jennifer wanted some that power Jack had used on her in the engine bay. It was something to behold. The men grunted as the ladies screamed.

The ladies, after some time had lined themselves up against the bed, on their feet and bent over. John and Jack took turns catering to each woman's pussy and asshole. The ladies wear mesmerised and let the lust take over. It was intense, the entire quartet were wrapped up in each other's lust and bodily fluids.

Their time drew on and eventually, Jennifer found herself, on top of Jack, with his cock buried in her ass. In addition John had his large member thrust deep into her pussy, all the while Ashley had her pussy on Jennifer's mouth.

Jennifer loved being the filling in that particular sandwich. Jennifer eventually popped out their cocks and turned over as Ashley lifted herself off Jennifer's face. Jennifer was about face with her asshole facing Ashley, something that did not last long as before she knew it Ashley had gone to work on her pussy yet again. Jennifer, then took turns on the two cocks which were now pointed out straight at her face. She could not resist and simply went for it. She sucked each cock, slow, methodical, and all the way to the base of each shaft.

She took equal time on each member before her, all the while, Ashley was devoting all her time to giving Jennifer, the best tongue and finger fucking of her life. Ashley brought forth another orgasm from Jennifer in addition to the three she received whilst John and Jack dually penetrated her moments prior. All to add to the two she had earlier that evening. Jennifer felt energised and invigorated nothing was slowing her down.

Jack had made his way behind Ashley as she continued with Jennifer's asshole and slipped his cock inside her asshole. John meanwhile had his member in Jennifer's mouth. It seemed as though both women were feeling both cocks deep inside them. The two men continued thrusting from either side sending themselves ever closer to their orgasms.

They continued thrusting until both men could not hold it in anymore and they let loose, with Jack cumming in Ashley's asshole and John cumming in Jennifer's mouth respectively. The let out enormous amounts of cum into both ladies. After they all came down from their highs, they collapsed on the bed.

Their bodies remained tangled as they were, right into the morning, so much time had gone by and it did not seem so long for them. They awoke slowly, remembering the night before rather vividly in spite of all the alcohol consumed. They slowly got themselves dressed and moved forward to begin their days.

Two days later Jennifer was going about her morning routine, when she came across Ashley siting down in a corner and holding her head in her hands, it seemed as though she was in serious pain and needed help. Jennifer rushed her to a doctor and she had herself examined. The doctor suggested she remain under observation for a little while longer, however her pain had suddenly subsided and her vitals looked strong, and further testing did not turn up anything out of the ordinary.

Jennifer, urged Ashley to stay and she complied. Jennifer continued her work as last minute preparations were under way for the flight, as everyone would be leaving very soon. Ashley remained in the back of her mind.

Later that night just as Jennifer was about to close her eyes a messaged popped up on her communicator marked urgent. She opened it up, it was about Ashley. Jennifer bolted up and out of her room straight to the infirmary. However, she was too late, the doctor was covering her with a sheet, and she was dead.

Jennifer fell to her knees and began to sob, uncontrollably. John and Jack were contacted, they both came to her side, comforting her as best they could. Jennifer did not know what to do, she was shattered. A woman she had come to love so immensely in such a short time was gone.

Later investigation found a sudden brain haemorrhage was her cause of death. That did little to comfort Jennifer, who was now distraught. In the days following Ashley's death her nightmares returned, the most vivid the night after her funeral.

Ashley's funeral was a quiet one, a grave had been prepared and Ashley was placed within. Jack, John, Jennifer, and General Price were the only ones in attendance. John and Jack said a few words, while Jennifer could not bring herself to say anything. They all said their goodbyes and left, however, they all knew that no one would be visiting that grave.

Two days after that Jennifer had recovered somewhat, she had loved Ashley, but she was tough, a soldier. A soldier who had been through much in her life, a lot of which did not bring back happy memories.

While in her quarters, a knock came on the door. It was John, he entered with something in his hand.

"Hey Jennifer, how you holding up?" John asked in a sincere tone.

"Well, enough considering the circumstances," Jennifer solemnly replied.

"This is Ashley's pack, it just came back from decontamination, and I thought you might want to have it."

"Thank you John, you are a good man."

"I am here for you to talk, Jack as well, if you need us, just ask."

"Thank you, John, I won't forget that."

John bid his farewell to Jennifer and left. Jennifer looked at the pack, now in her hand and walked over to her desk. She placed it on the desk and opened up the zip to see what was inside. It had been cleaned out due to the decontamination process. Only two items remained, a plant inside a jar and a letter addressed to Jennifer, it was clear it was recently written.

Jennifer tentatively opened it up, she read the words, but could not believe them. Ashley had wanted to stay, she admitted her grandfather was once the superior of Price and was responsible for letting his family die. She could never bring herself to tell anyone, her only image of Price was a groggy recollection she had after waking up the first time. She told Jennifer she loved her and would forever think fondly about their night, their foursome.

Jennifer closed the later and placed it back into the pack, she took out the plant in a jar and placed it on her desk. Jennifer had no personal effects to speak off, no pictures or anything of the sort. It was now only that plant, which Ashley had in her pack.

(Three Days Later)

It was time, time to go. Everyone had entered the ship, cryo chambers were active and all were full. Engines were primed and ready to go, their destination was plotted and the ship's AI was active.

General Price, Corporal Collins, Corporal Hazard, and Corporal Churchill stood still outside the ship in front of the monument, the last message of humanity. They all saluted and fired off a round each.

The General saluted his corporals and headed to the ship, Jack then followed suit and John slumbered behind. The other two were on the ship and John began to his walk back toward it. A large ramp was down and shielding had protected the entrance way from the elements.

Jennifer stood there, now in her space suit. She looked the plant she had in her hand and placed down on the ground in front of the monument. She thought it best to leave that there, her last memory of Ashley and of the Earth, the planet she had called home.

Jennifer said her final goodbyes and headed toward the ramp. She entered the ship and they began, the General had given his speech so now they prepped the ship. John had the pilot's chair whilst Jack had the co-pilot's chair, and Jennifer took the navigator's seat. The other crew members were at their posts.

They fired up the ship and began their ascent to the heavens. She ascended vertically slowly leaving the ground for the last time. The ship then began to thrust forward and upward. It picked up speed and very quickly they were beginning to breach and leave the atmosphere.

An image on a holographic screen showed earth. Something was off, far north of their base, it was white. It looked like the snow sheets, had engulfed much of North America and was half way through Central America. Their location in South America was seemingly not far off.

The proposed theory of snowball earth, was happening and everyone present knew why it was happening. Jennifer found herself, deeply saddened.

"Humanity really fucked up, didn't it?" Jack asked all in the room.

"Yes, we did, now though we will begin again," the General responded.

B59001
B59001
72 Followers
12