The Entity Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JPMMURPHY
JPMMURPHY
29 Followers

"Yes, of course. It was all slated to go to charities."

Tammy finally found her voice, "Let me get this straight. I have a billion dollars. In cash. In a bank."

"No, no, no."

"Phew, you almost gave me a heart attack," Tammy laughed nervously.

"No, you won't have it in the bank until you give us your account information. Actually, we have a small team here that specializes in where to put it. They'll be more than happy to help you out. All that might take three days. In the mean time, if you need some money, we can get you some."

Tammy fidgeted and asked, "So if I want, say, ten thousand dollars, you can just give it to me?"

"In cash, I can give you up to one hundred thousand, but I don't recommend it. We can deposit a million or so right into some checking account you might already have. Then we can open your other accounts and get things buttoned up in three days."

"Oh! Right! How silly of me. Everything needs to be buttoned up first. Right," Tammy pushed away from the table and asked, "Do you have a restroom?"

A muffled yell could be heard somewhere in the building and Mr. Lindsay said, "That happens sometimes. I'm sure she's just fine."

When Tammy returned, Mr. Lindsay pushed a leather pouch across the table. Inside were four sets of keys. "Those are keys to four properties. One in Chicago, another in Manhattan, a fourth in Florida, and this one," he picked a set up and dangled them, "is a small estate in Los Angeles."

"Small estate," echoed Tammy.

"Yes, those are the US properties. There are another seven around the world."

"Another seven," Tammy's voice seemed to get smaller each time she spoke.

"So that's it for now. It would be great if you could make an appointment for tomorrow morning and we'll get started."

"Right. Tomorrow morning. Let's get started," Tammy's voice had almost disappeared.

Linda held Tammy firmly around the waist as they stepped from the office to a limousine that was waiting for them, "Our driver will take you wherever you want to go."

Falling back in the seat, they both just stared at each other. Tammy ran a finger over the leather seat and mahogany trim of the car and flipped through the 3 X 5 cards she'd been given. Handing it to Linda, she said, "See if he'll take us there."

*****

The long black car slid through the gates of the estate and they both looked out the window in wonder. The lawn would put any golf course to shame, palm trees towered along the drive, and the house couldn't be seen.

Another five minutes and they were sitting in front of an enormous mansion.

"This must be it," Tammy said with more than a little trepidation.

"Must be," Linda answered in awe.

A small wrinkled Mexican woman met them at the door. "You must be Miss Spalding. They called from the lawyer's office a week ago and said you might be coming by. I'm Guadalupe; you can call me, Lupe."

She must have been over eighty but was very happy to have them. Still spry, she led them through the enormous house, showing off the rooms and giving the history.

"This was Miss Miller's bedroom. My mother was her personal servant when they were here. Then they just left, went to Mexico, and we didn't see them much."

Linda pulled Tammy's arm and pointed at the portrait above the mantle. A very young Theodora smiled down on them. Tammy was shocked at the resemblance.

"That could be you," Linda whispered.

Stepping out of the room, they followed Lupe down the long balcony that opened onto the foyer and stopped at another door. One with a small crystal door knob like the rest of the doors in the house.

"This was Mr. Miller's study."

Tammy walked around the room, running her fingers across the desk, and sitting in the barrister's chair. "Lupe, we're kind of hungry. Can we get something to eat?"

"Oh! Why yes, give me thirty minutes. I'll be in the kitchen." She hurried off leaving Linda and Tammy alone.

"This is it," Tammy's voice was low but firm.
Linda walked to a window and looked across the back lawn, down to the beach and ocean. She noticed a gardener trimming some bushes, his wheel barrel off to the side.

"This is where it all started. This is what killed, Michael," Tammy sounded sad and out of sorts.

Linda walked over and leaned on the desk looking down at Tammy; her fingers came up and raked the red locks behind an ear, "You may be right. In fact, I'm sure you are," leaning down, she kissed Tammy on the forehead, "But it also brought you to me."

Epilogue

Two months later, a small group of four sat in a private room at the back of one of Buenos Aires' best and most exclusive restaurants.

Waiters fussed and served, theCapitánwas at hand to make sure all went well. Although American, he'd grown fond of the small group the last few weeks. They seemed very cosmopolitan. Not like the normal tennis shoe cladAmericanosthat usually dropped in.

Tonight seemed to be a particularly important evening with the two gentlemen dressed in black tie and tux, the women, twins actually, in revealing full length evening gowns.

It was hard to pull his eyes away. The cream colored satin dresses with revealing slits under the arms, which showed a flash of pink now and then.

The identical pattern to their cinnamon sprinkles across their backs. And their hair. The Capitan shuddered when he looked at the rich red color of their hair and lovely emerald green eyes.

He thought it odd that they would come in such finery to dine and watch TV but then it was an important night in the United States of America. Today had been Election Day, and tonight, as the small troop dined and chatted, CNN gave constant return updates.

He had no idea why they continued to watch. The democrat seemed to be the clear winner with more than seventy percent of the votes but they tipped very well and always in dollars. Let them have their fun, he thought.

Checking glasses and waving a bus boy over to clear a final plate, the Capitánwas stunned, when a tall, grey haired man came on camera and started speaking. Then he understood! He suddenly wondered if he should address the man at his table as your highness or something similar. He puffed his chest and walked to the wine bottle, picking it up he walked to the gray haired man and offered to refill his glass. Turning the bottle to keep the small drop from falling onto the table cloth, he leaned in and said in heavily accented English, "Congratulations, Sir. You must be very proud to see your twin brother has won the presidency."

The entire table stopped, their faces frozen as realization dawned, picked up their glasses and said, "Salud!"

Leaning to his right, addressing one of the redhead's, the Doctor said, "You are absolutely ravishing tonight, Beth. I think the change did you well."

"I'm glad you think so, dear. It was the only female body we had here at our laboratory. A spare for Theodora."

"And who would you like to be next time? You really should think about it so we can start growing the next batch."

Bringing her hand up to his chin, she said, "Really, it's up to you, dear. As long as it isn't, Marilyn Monro."

Sitting at the Doctor's left hand, Teddy said, "I'm dieing to get Thomas back but I think we have to wait until we make the switch."

"I know dear. All in due time. We have it scheduled for December. Christmas week, actually. Beth should have everything ready by then."

She glanced across the table at Rudolph, who was no longer a portly seventy-eight-year-old; rather an equally portly twenty seven year old. Her gaze moved across to Beth who was now her twin and said, "I do have a small problem, Doctor," she paused and smiled demurely, her gaze settling on the Doctor, "I can't go to Thomas' bed a virgin again. I wondered if you could, ah, help me out with something.

The Doctor chuckled and took Teddy's hand, "Always the pragmatist. That's why we work so well together."

Leaning closer she whispered in a husky, intimate voice, "And what do you think, Mr. President?"

The Doctor just turned and looked; Beth leaned across his chest to listen as well.

"Well, would it really be incest if Beth joined us?"

The End

I hope you're enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. BTW – This is a sequel to The Sentinel. Thanks for all the votes and comments. JPM

JPMMURPHY
JPMMURPHY
29 Followers