The Erotic Tales of Scherazade No. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Caliph raised his hand to signal to the executioner to carry out the punishment. Kim's neck was forced down. The silver scimitar was raised high above the executioner's head ready for the Caliph's command and the final, fatal, blow.

And then, with this scene set, it was as if time stood still for a moment. There was the sound of gentle fluttering at the arched window of the Caliph's throne room. Perched on the balcony where the Caliph had originally spied her sat the wondrous bird. The colours rippled through her feathers, first black and red, then black and purple. Her eyes, now blue, surveyed the scene before her with a knowing perspicacity. It was as if she had returned to witness the resolution of the poor servant girl's ordeal and pass her judgement on it.

************

"See, how high the moon is in the sky. The night is late. I am tired now your majesty and the completion of my tale can surely wait until another night. I have left everything so finally balanced. It is such a good moment to pause and take some rest."

Scherazade stretched her slender arms and yawned as she laid her head back on the silk cushions. Yet, her eyes did not look tired, they were bright and knowing.

King Shahryar jolted out of a reverie. He was entranced by Scherazade's sweet voice. His mind was full of images of the beautiful bird and aroused by the abuse of the fair servant girl, Kim. He expectantly waited for the final denouement of the tale.

"No, my queen," he said, "you must continue now, I desire to hear how the story ends, I cannot wait another night.

Scherazade smiled inwardly.

"O auspicious King, I would continue my story but I am fearful of my fate. If only your majesty would promise to spare me when dawn breaks and listen to another story tomorrow night then I would willingly continue."

King Shahryar waved his hand.

"Yes, my queen, of course. Now, tell me, what befell Kim-al-din-Hasan and the wondrous bird."

************

O fair and just ruler, the scene is so delicately balanced. Hear now how fate dealt with the characters in my tale.

The bird swooped across the throne room and alighted on the Caliph's outstretched hand. The Caliph was full of great joy that the bird had returned. He was overwhelmed with yearning desire and happiness that the wondrous bird would finally be his. He called out to one of his guards.

"Quickly, bring my gilded cage."

He lifted his hand up to his face to take an admiring look at the wonderful creature close up. The bird cocked its crested head and fixed her gaze on the Caliph.

Kim looked up and observed the scene in awe. Her heart was filled with great foreboding. Had the bird really returned to surrender herself to the Caliph?

No longer was the bird constantly shifting colour. She had transformed herself obsidian black and her eyes were like two stones fashioned out of jet. She fixed the Caliph's gaze.

Peck. With one swift movement her beak had pulled out one of the Caliph's eyes.

And then, before he could even call out in pain and shock.

Peck. With another deft movement the beak penetrated his other eye and plucked it out of its socket.

The two bloodied orbs were left on the chamber floor. The Caliph was on his knees howling in agony and the guards were stunned into silence and inaction. The executioner had dropped is sword in horror at the scene that unfolded before him.

Kim seized her moment. She felt a surge of strength burst through her as she broke free of the ties on her wrist. She grasped the executioner's sword, strode up to the miserable Caliph and held it to his neck. The bird now a mixture of fiery reds, bright oranges and glowing yellows perched on Kim's naked shoulder, her presence filling the room. All the assembled guards and servants of the Caliph were struck with awe.

"Now hear this. A just punishment has been delivered here. Cruelty, vanity and selfishness have met their just reward. You will set the bird free and allow me to rule in your stead."

The Caliph was filled with remorse. He had finally recognised the error of his ways, his folly in trying to capture the magical bird and the unjust manner in which he had treated the servant girl.

"Fate has delivered a just judgement on me. I will submit to the will of Kim-al-din-Hasan, pass my power to her and retire to nurse my wounded body and pride. There is a power in her and her benefactor that is beyond my control and understanding."

Kim took the bird in her hands and stood on the balcony of the palace. And there, she whispered into the bird's ear, "I will name you The Nemesis bird."

And then she released her for a second time and watched her soar high over the rooftops of Ishfahan.

And that, O auspicious King, is how the servant girl Kim-al-din-Hasan came to be the Caliph of Ishfahan.

12