The Essentials of Sexuality

Story Info
A treaties on understanding sexuality in today's world.
3k words
4.22
21.7k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Why sexuality was created

Sexuality is one of the most misunderstood and often misshapen forces active in our being. Some may wonder why God (or whatever you want to call God, the great spirit, etc.) of all things would create sexuality and its pinnacle-sex, only to be shrouded in so much mystery. Why would it create such a wonderful, feel-good thing only to put it in a world where it seems a hindrance to some of our over-lofty goals? Well folks, that's because the balls in our court. The big guy in the sky invented the game that we get to play.

Some very obvious reasons for a supreme being to create sexuality (sex) are:

1. It feels good.

2. It is an ingenious and enjoyable way to create more humans. (I couldn't think of a better way).

3. It can be and action and a state of being of great proportions. The pinnacle of union and joy.

Now one might say, "Well sure love gettin' some but every time I think about my sexuality I get confused. Sometimes I feel hurt and sad but it feels so good." This addresses the larger area of how ones sexuality gets conditioned and how one is inherently designed (More detail in Appendix A)

So if God created sex to be good and to be the feeling of supreme joy why does the "houses of God" proclaim that we should avoid really enjoying our sexual selves? Why do they often say, " If you value your soul you'll abstain from thinking about, or doing any sexual acts? Or even, " sex is dirty and not to be talked about. Your body was born out of sin and robust sexuality is a sin? Well my dear friends, it's the magic word: POWER!

The power of sexuality

Sexuality is power. It is the power of creation, of renewal. Sexuality is expressed in many more ways than in two people coming together in union. It is an undeniable creative force in the world. So what does sexuality have to do with power? Everything.

If, for instance, the church wanted to control you (which would be beneficial to it) it would either have to convince you beyond a doubt that it is the shining light of truth or control you. In my opinion most organized religion (Roman catholic, Baptist, Muslim, etc.) is anything but the shining light of truth.

The Roman Catholic Church was bent on power in its' early days (and still is). It had supreme power over people because of the use of fear and superstition (rain, crops, the afterlife, etc.). The church said one must bow down to God and repent for one is born and always is a sinner and the church alone can save you. Well, okay the people thought. Gee, I don't know any better. That got old fast. They saw behind the leaders pious masks. So what was always a good thing to fall back on all through history? Sexuality. All through the middle ages the dogma of sex/sin grew. If one had complete control over ones sexuality than one would have complete control over oneself. Since sexuality knows no bounds - neither would the person. So why would they pay homage to a domineering, egotistical god who would supposedly condemn them if the took a wrong step? so this gave the church power. If the church could convince people that somehow to repress their sexual feelings in order to be closer to God than the church would hold the people powerless under their grip. Now people are afraid of their sexual feelings. Many people now don't understand themselves and their deeper, unconscious selves. Some people are confused and are easily influenced and conditioned by others. It has lead to rape, depression, fear, rage and tons of guilt. Well folks the guilt trip is over. It's time to move one.

So what is repressed sexuality?

" It's important to understand projection, and I would like to discuss it in more detail. I recognize three stages of projection. The first state is the most mild. Because we have cut ourselves off for parts of our inner self, we then become more sensitive to influences that remind us of our cut-off, or suppressed, emotional parts. Those suppressed parts within ourselves that are trying to burst out don't leave us alone. They make demands for our attention, and we tend to notice those things in others who remind us of our suppressed qualities. This is what is meant when it is said we see ourselves in others. However, because we have essentially condemned those inner qualities through the act of suppression, we then usually condemn the outer reflection. We become judgmental, we become intolerant, we condemn the mirror. For example, sexuality. We are sexually suppressed, and then we condemn sexuality outside of ourselves. We suppress the anger within and then condemn and punish those of us who commit violent acts instead of treating them with compassion. At the same time, we are fascinated by whatever we have suppressed - just look at sex and violence on TV. So, we are in this position of resisting and suppressing vital parts of ourselves, recognizing and being attracted to those same qualities in others, and at the same time condemning those qualities in others. It's the beginning of crazymaking."

- John Ruskan

So what is repressed sexuality? It is the act of being conditioned (we're not born that way) into thinking/feeling/believing that sexuality is not a thing to freely enjoy or discuss. Is it no wonder that this world is messed up?! So if ones parents had absolutely convinced one that sexual things were dirty or they were not to be brought up or thought about, then what? We know and we feel that sexual things have an inherited good feeling. For the majority of us it is a very enjoyable prospect to enjoy sexual feelings but how does one recognize ones repressions?

Unrepression

Since many of us have been brought up in semi non-sexual homes or churches the idea of enjoying a very open, personal feeling of sexuality is rather foreign. What does it feel like? What are the limits? What is too much and what is acceptable? This is where you get to call the shots. If you feel masturbating – you think it feels good. Well then do it. Even if your parents are against the act or if you somehow think you're committing a sin and offending God. How the heck would God be offended by something that God made? If God did not want something to happen or be possible would it happen? No, I think not. So if it feels good why would it be bad, a sin even? Well it isn't. It is all a power trip of churches to say that robust sexuality is a sin. I say God applauds openness. So then what defines ones sexuality? What makes you feel the way you do? Sexuality comes up in one of two ways in people. There are the people who have defined centers (instincts) of sexuality. And there are people whose idea/feeling of sexuality changes depending on who they're with. Of course your experience will change with different people you're with but I am referring to the larger scale. These two designs as they are called are very important. The people with defined sexuality have distinct feelings/instincts or emotions about being sexual. The other design usually just has ideas about what sexuality is but in experience it changes depending on whom they are near. (More in Appendix)

The basic rule here is that sexuality is not a sin, an un-godly thing. It is an active acceptance of our human bodies. I'm in no hurry to get to "heaven" so why not enjoy what you can here. If it feels good, if something somewhere (instinct or feeling) says "yes" than there is nothing wrong about it. However, some of us have to watch out for our minds. Many peoples "minds" have been conditioned a certain way by parents or a religion. So sometimes it is best not to listen to your rational mind. Only some people can be controlled by their minds and be fine.

A point for homosexuals

Okay in a paper on sexuality what about homosexuality? If you're a strong-headed religionist and you think homosexuality is a sin forget your idea for just a moment. If you're more open minded – well done.

Here's the scoop:

I stated before if god didn't want something to be allowed to happen, it wouldn't happen. God's will is for us to have our own wills and to what we will. If that will is to be ego based, or emotionally based or whatever. Whatever you think or know (or may not know) is possible it will be possible. If homosexuality were some how hated or condemned by God would it be possible to exit- NO! What is so different about homosexuality or bisexuality for that matter any way? It's just a man loving a man or a woman loving a woman. What's really the difference? If it feels good to them, more power to them. I say if it works than it's fine. Where did religionists get off saying that it's a sin anyway? Since when were churches somehow ordained for the absolute truth of God? They're just a bunch of regular (bible-thumping) people. And all they understand is their prejudices and in terms of heaven and hell and sin and forgiveness. Bunk!! Then they site the bible as their testament. But who knows how screwed up the bible is. It's more than 1800 years old. I bet it's been through so many hands that it's at least 40% bunk. I say the best teacher is experience. And the direct experience of your truth is priority-whatever it may be. If that happens to include being homosexual than right on.

The image of a non-sexual God

The image of a sexless God is a real downer on our modern philosophy. I don't just mean we don't portray God as being a sex. Because, somewhat unfortunately, we have pinned God down as male for now. It's rather pointless to assign god a certain sex unless you want to for power purposes (churches). If God is anything God tends to be on the female side. The point is rather that we consider God a being that is not interested with sex or sexuality We somehow got the idea that God and spiritual things are too good for sex. That sexuality is too basic for the upper echelons where God sits. But God, if you at least believe in it, sits down here and everywhere. God (Great spirit, etc.) created and is all things and this includes sexuality. Why would God create the ability to feel good in our sexuality if God itself were, at its core, sexual? I think sexuality is very spiritual and very deeply connected to one's own inner being. Ascetic celibacy has nothing to do really with ones spiritual evolvement; it is more of just a choice on how you feel like experiencing the universe. It's not for everybody.

Defeminism and its Adverse Affect on Society

Well now a point for feminism. No men don't suck and females aren't all better than men. At best we should be able to be called equal. But really bothers me is that women aren't allowed to be women. They forced, by conditioning, by society to be like men. They must dress like men or whores to be considered attractive. They must look like men to be successful in business. They must think like men to be accepted. And they must act like men in order to fit in – be one of the boys. Well if this just doesn't sound backwards-what is? Even though things are getting better we must understand the female aspect. Why are women generally considered a lesser race? Is it a religious thing? Is it the Eve myth? The idea of original sin, of the temptation of her ways, her apple, are they the cause? Somehow I think so. In general, in our culture to be "perfect" we have placed this biblical story deep into our nations psyche. We then often think (depending on our upbringing) that women are second class citizens. We are brought up often to think that women are here to serve and be honorable to men. Well what is going on!?? Women are our mothers; they are the ones who really give life. Women are naturally very caring, open, expressive and motherly. This temptation of loving freely, of expressing without fear was seen as too much, a threat, to the males of our species. In order to gain power they tricked everyone to believe that women were just dirty seducers of men and that men were naturally superior to women. What a load of bull!!

Women represent all that is deep, unconscious, caring, accepting, restful, and sensuous. Women are realists. In her highest state a woman has the capacity to care for all of creation- in her own way. And besides without female opinion guys would just go and kill each other or do something completely ludicrous.

Why do so many men these days say that women are objects, toys, and lesser beings? It is because of their up bringing and how their mothers acted in the family. Active, submissive, etc. For instance, If "Joe's" mother was submissive and weak in front of Joe's father, Joe will grow up thinking that women are supposed to be that way and he will carry that into his (potentially all) relationships with women. He will attract women who have been raised in a similar household and thusly the "sin" is propagated unto another generation.

What we need to do now is honor; honor and believe in the feminist mystery. If you are a male and feminine things (e.g. feeling, accepting, caring) are uncomfortable than do your best to se why: How die your father treat your mother? How was your relationship with your mother? Was it repulsive and negative? Or full of reverence with a touch of that feminine feeling of sensuality? Was it fearful and full of hate and mistrust? Did you mother show how she loved you as a child? How did she show her love?

If you are female and you feel uncomfortable being female why is that? What has happened in you life (or to your mother) that would make you resent being female in any way? Was it a sour relationship your mom had with a man? Was it a female related illness of disease? Was it the way your father treated you mother and other women? How was your relationship with your father? Did you trust him? Did you love him? Did you mother teach you not to enjoy your body? Did you mother constantly complain about being female? Did she resent cooking or cleaning or raising children? And the list goes on.

Figure out why (if you have resignation about what the female aspect is) you feel the way you do. Try and remember you childhood? Don't be afraid to talk to friends about how they felt as kids. You'll find it often explains a lot about their character.

If you have any problems identifying any problems or wish for more detail seek these books out:

The Hite Report on Male Sexuality - all about the male experience.

The Hite Report on Female Sexuality – all about the female experience.

The Hite Report on the Family- all about families, conditioning and sexuality.

It is time for us, now, to embrace both the deep feminine and male aspects of our being and reclaim what has been forgotten for many centuries under patriarchy.

Yours truly,

George

* * * * *

Appendix A

The True Self

What is the true self? Is it our soul? Is it our mind and thoughts? Where and what is it? Your true self lies within your design. And it's all about conditioning. A design is the way you are "hard wired", so to say, when you are born. The body has nine centers of being, of power. Your self is governed by when you are born. At that time the planets and stars exert a certain influence on your centers and its channels, gates.

Now what's going on here? Is this like astrology? Well yes but much more complete. Now for some physics. There is a lot of empty space between molecules and atoms and in space. These things are suspended in space and make up only about 30 percent of the universe. What is the other seventy percent? Just about all of the rest is made up of little sub-atomic molecules called neutrinos. It is an elementary particle with a minute mass. Theses neutrinos are primarily produced by stars and pass through space and matter at astonishing numbers: 3,000,000,000,000 per second, per square inch, all the time at almost the speed of light. Their small mass means they can interact with matter. By the law of friction, objects of mass affect each other. The neutrino stream is and carries the "program" penetrating the earth with its material everywhere, every moment. (Hu)

This is sort of where the astrology comes in. These neutrinos pass through planets picking up a bit of its "personality." This may sound extremely far-fetched but its one of those things that is often said to be too "out there" for science to prove. Now I am no exception to this. I wondered, but I studied it's theory and have practiced it's "science" and I am a very content person, especially about who I am and can be. If you don't believe me, well that's okay. Do what ever you were doing if you want, but I tell you this:

If you wonder what your life really means and want to know more about yourself and other people just email me with questions.

Love changes yet it might not change
Thoughts made from solid stuff
Turn to air
It depends on who you are
As to if life seems fair.