The Exception Pt. 00: Prologue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Does this make any part of this session necrophilia?'

He pulled out a very satisfied wet cock and shuffled off the bed, stumbling a moment. A laugh echoed in the otherwise empty room. Karma really was a bitch. This never happened to him. It was quite the sensation and had this been done another way, he'd gladly crawl into her blankets and pass out with her.

Instead he made himself presentable with the use of her bathroom before tucking her in. So what if she didn't use his brand of shower gel. Come to think of it, hers kinda smelt a bit like... Lemons.

"Good night Luka-chan." It's amazing how even total assholes looked like angels when they slept. Well, she looked like an angel awake too but that's not the point. Her... Angel... Her...

He mentally slapped himself. She was anything but. Connor turned off the lights completely before going downstairs and using the key card to call the elevator. Why should he feel any affection for her when he was just a tool for her amusement?

'So this is what two million feels like,' he thought as the doors closed in front of him.

**********

The sound of a door unlocking cascaded through an unlit apartment. It swung open with a slight creek, abruptly halted by a rubber door stop.

A young man with soft features and unruly black hair slowly tread through it. He never went for any light switch, only standing by the entrance a moment and looking around the moonlit room.

A grey pinned in carpet spanned a large area to his right. A light sofa set sat on it along it with two matching coffee tables. Xbox controllers sat on the floor in front of the wall mounted television set. A rectangular low wooden counter separated the space from the rest of the room.

His steps clicked against the light floorboards, past the dysfunctional bicycle leaning on the supporting brick pillar. A phone reading '22:33' was placed gently on the kitchen counter that surrounded the gas stove, aluminium sink and overhead cupboards.

He went around it, throwing a red waist coat on a high stool. He looked to the space ahead of it. The space holding the wooden work tables with tons of schematics and blueprints flowing over the edge. Where the metal table lay host to the corresponding mechanical parts and raspberry circuit boards.

Cables travelled from there, down and across the floor to a curved office desk. Three monitors, two of which bore an apple logo were mounted on it, along with a closed laptop.

He didn't go there though. No, instead he picked the phone up and headed down the short hallway facing the kitchen and opened the only door on the right. The bedroom was almost barren. The built in wardrobe had its doors slid open, showing absolutely nothing inside. Blankets and bedsheets were folded and the vanity stood without its perfumes and lotions.

That annoying ringing tone, the one the room's ex inhabitant chose for him, made noise as he entered the shared bathroom through the only other door the room had. It had to go too. "Hello?"

"You okay Connor?" Only his towel was present, and just one tooth brush instead of two hung from the holder above the sink. A note stuck on the mirror was ripped off without a second look and crumpled down.

"Yeah why?" The black trash bag was pulled from the bin as he used the other exit to enter his room. The first item on his list lay on the wall mounted shelf directly to his right. His hand went for the chain next to his trophies. Lord knows she'd thrown her half of this heart away a long time ago.

His feet then took him up to the headboard where they stopped. One last look was in order before he threw the picture frame in the black trash bag along with the locket. "You missed dinner. Mom didn't take it too well."

The boys eyes shut tight and he cringed in regret. "Something came up. I'll call and give them my condolences." The discarded teddy on his floor followed the other memories.

"You're still thinking about Amalgam aren't you?" He heard his door click shut behind him, a fingernail playing along the wall on his way back to the kitchen. That mug he drank from for so long had also outlived its welcome.

"You never told mom and dad anything about them did you?" He always did think Ivy could have picked a mug with a better design. Right now though, in his eyes, it was the ugliest kitchen utensil he owned.

"Not my place. But I still think you should. Did you make the appointment at least?"

"Of course. But if it's all the same, I'd rather not talk about it right now." Now how to get rid of her smell. If he ever saw a lavender mint shrub, it'll be far too soon.

There was silence on the other end for a moment as he went over to the wall. "Well, that's okay. When you do, you know where to find me."

He picked up a photo he'd forgotten hanging face down. In it, Ivy had her arms wrapped around him from behind as they stared at the camera, brilliant smiles on their faces. It was taken on their first and last valentine's day at the amusement park. "Don't I always? I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." he knew he wouldn't. And if she knew him as well as a sister should, then she'd know that too.

"... Sleep well Connor."

As soon as she went offline, all rage cut loose, and with a shout, he flung the picture as hard as motion would allow, aiming for nothing at all.

**********

Thursday morning, ten o'clock, he'd just gotten back from taking another order. The whole kitchen went dead silent the moment he stepped through the door. He looked around at everyone going about their daily business. It was kind of like when Janice stepped into the room... Except she was out probably drinking some delegates bathwater. So it had to be him.

"Really? Okay, someone tell me how long is this gonna go on."

"Maybe till you tell us the truth?" Connor shook his head, walking over to the pin up board. He was working the Thursday morning shift as well to make up for his absence the prior day. It meant serving with a mostly different staff than that he was used to. In fact aside from Jared and a couple others who worked double shifts or full time, there was no one he was all that familiar with. He stuck the next order up before pulling out his vibrating phone.

'Luka.'

Was this the eighth or ninth time now? M.O was that you answer it at five right? He threw it back in his pocket. Sure he was meant to be at her beck and call, but what he was doing now paid rent and food. Worse off, it was by the hour.

"I already told you," he said walking over to the shelved trays and pulled one out. "She never had a reservation and I could get her a table for a fee. Hence the nice tip y'all got. It's nothing new."

There was a collective groan from his workmates. Over used? Yes. But that was his excuse and he was sticking to it. The buzzing started again.

'Persistent little brat, aren't you now?'

The starters the chef had just prepared went on them. So what was it today? More shopping? Maybe sex, her being the little addict that she is. He was curious, almost anxious rather while another part of him told him he'd regret finding out.

"Yeah? Well Sammy says she saw you two head on to the elevators. With what looked like half a clothing store might I add."

"Sammy was way past her bedtime and needed a nap." His phone went off again. He pulled it out and frowned at the name tag. Like the last couple of times, he dropped it back in and continued with his work. "Who's got table six? They're bitching that they ordered a medium rare instead of whatever's on their plate."

What would happen if he just didn't answer altogether? Would she;

A: tattle? B: Have a tantrum? C: Write him his first written warning? Or D: Cry?

He had his money on 'A'.

Truth be told, he could use rent as an excuse all he liked. But the fact of the matter was after establishing their roles last night, he didn't know if he wanted to see her again.

Up went the platter of Buffalo-Wings and its sauce as he headed for the door.

"Alright, alright Connor. So just to put this on paper, you have absolutely nothing to do with that hickey on the left of her neck?" Jared persisted, blocking his way. "This is me asking 'cause you're known leave those on every babe you screw."

And how many 'babes' did he think he's been with exactly anyway? See that's the problem with working in closed environments such as these. People get bored and add spices on stories they've heard from a friend who knows a friend who's mom knows a cousin who...

Connor gave him a subtle smile. "That kind of girl is way outta my league. Hell, I'll bet she already has a millionaire boyfriend who's first in line to some corporate dynasty and stays in a thirty something acre estate," he said innocently skirting around him. "He may even be packing an elongated dick for all I know. Now what chance would I, a meagre waiter have against that?"

He walked off with the starter, around the chopping counter top and making for the door. "And it's on the right of her neck, not the left. I always put them on the right."

He made his exit before any further interrogation could commence, leaving exclamations in the background.

'Until I'm tired of you or you outlive your usefulness.'

How could they envy him? The witch tore away his self-worth. Almost as if she believed he wouldn't be needing it. Then again, his feelings hardly put a mark on paper if she didn't care.

That cocky smile of hers on her beautiful face flashed through his mind for the hundredth time. Curse these visions. They consumed him when he just wanted them out. It's like every time he closed his eyes, every time he so much as blinked, her naked form was etched on the back of his eyelids.

Then the memories would flood in. The feeling of her velvet soft skin against his, her intoxicating scent, her nails on his back, her muffled whimpers, those damned pig tails he wanted to yank on while driving her to new vocal tones.

'What is she doing to me?'

Two quick vibrations were felt against his leg indicating a text this time. If he continued ignoring her like this, the next couple of missed calls probably wouldn't be from her.

He finished serving his customers with half-hearted courtesy before leaving for the patio. It was a cold, windy and partially cloudy morning. As a result, like last night, it was practically empty out here. A smile found his face at the swimming trunks floating in the main pool, its owner a mystery. Gloved fingers unlocked his device and opened the featured messages.

'Come pick me up from my room now.'

His eyes then trailed to the next one sent half an hour later.

'If you keep ignoring me, I'm not above coming down there and fetching you myself.'

Connor swore as he took off for the foyer, tapping the dial button as he went. So much for getting his lousy hours back. Janice would probably tear him a new one once she discovered he'd gone AWOL again.

"Hello? Luka? I'll be just a moment..."

He most certainly hoped this wouldn't be turning into a frequent occurrence but the brat obviously didn't give a rat's ass about his job or his schooling.

"... Three minutes or less. You're still upstairs right...?"

To her, what she wanted done was probably the most important thing he had to do. But he still couldn't wrap his head around what that was. What was the end game here?

"... By the reception area, just past the casino. Work just had me a little held up..."

He slid to a stop before the elevators, catching the attention of guests and workers alike.

'One day! Just one friggin' day you've been around, and you're already turning my life to shit!'

**********

So that's it for the Prologue. If you do have a minute, opinions are much appreciated. Otherwise I hope you enjoyed it. The next one is already up.