The Exchange Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They went to a pleasing little room with seating and a bookshelf. On one of the shelves, there was a something that Inka could've described as a glass box with a lid; the glass itself wasn't clear, exactly. It was fairly misty. Mamun removed the lid and reached inside.

Jorun screamed and tugged on Inka's wrist. "Out!! We must go!!"

Inka was almost dazed.

Curled around Mamun's hands, there was a snake that might have been four feet long. It was the strangest snake Inka had ever seen. It was pure white with gray blue eyes. It was like some sort of plaything, a toy. That's how unreal it seemed.

"Calm your attendant," Nitishila said as he took the snake from Mamun. "This is one of the most docile breeds one can find." He lightly held the writhing thing closer to his face with a little smile. "His name's Dhaval. He's not venomous, and he's more likely to curl into a ball than attack you." He actually stroked the top of the snake's head with a fingertip. "I suppose if you try to hurt him, he might bite in self-defense, but he's a well behaved little sugar noodle."

Sugar noodle?

Inka's breath was shaky as she retreated a step, Jorun's trembling hand still tight on her wrist.

"Mistress?" Jorun said, "Your Highness?"

Looking back with her ever present cold face, Inka said to Jorun, "Rest your poor heart. If my husband says it's docile, then it's docile." But she knew she didn't want to be anywhere near that thing.

"Then would you like to pet him?" Nitishila asked with an innocent and sincere tone, stepping forward.

Inka moved her head back and forth. "No thank you. I'm not fond of serpents."

She worried that he might tease her with Dhaval like a naughty boy, but Nitishila only shrugged and talked to Dhaval a bit more. Then, after a few minutes, he personally put the snake back in its tiny home.

***

To My Grand Imperial Family of Gehna,

It's my regret to inform all of you that the Eiraglan king has passed on. Hence, my husband has risen to his new rank, the newest king. I'm now the Queen Consort. Before, as the Princess Consort, I had ten servants to cater to me. Now I have twenty. My attendant and I have yet to see the dreaded snow, but we know it's coming. The people here have been very patient with us. They've given us the softest, thickest furs in preparation and we will be given hot beverages when it's cold.

My husband has been incredibly civil. Nobody is allowed to speak ill of Gehna nor the people in my presence. Nobody is allowed to insult my appearance. In fact, I've already become heavy with child. I'm looking forward to providing my new family with the heir we require.

My quarters in the castle are much smaller than what I'm accustomed to, but I come and go as I please. There are no palanquins, but I've been encouraged to ride horses and even hunt. Many have offered to teach me how to use a crossbow. The food here is mostly bland when compared to what I had in Gehna. Still, the cooks available to us are bright and eager to try new recipes.

The clothing here hides most everything, but a woman's bosom is often mostly revealed, particularly when the air's warm. It's quite fashionable to border the low necklines with the edges of pleated fabric or lace, and long necklaces are popular with wealthy women.

I've had to wear a garment called a chemise, and a set of stays made of wood or whalebone with linen. A chemise is a soft dress one wears when sleeping and under one's clothing. It's changed often because it soaks most of the body's sweat and oils. Over the chemise, on the waist and under the bosom, a woman wears a pair of stays. I initially thought it would constrict my body and I wouldn't be able to breathe. Fortunately, the main function of the garment isn't to deform the body. It's only meant to give the clothing a certain silhouette. The stays are made to fit my body, not the reverse, and it's actually comfortable to wear. The thicker stays will be useful when the snow comes.

We're patiently awaiting news from Princess Consort Inka.

Thank you for your attention,

Queen Consort Jaya of Eiragla.

***

To My Royal Family of Eiragla,

I've been eagerly welcomed in Gehna, and I've been granted a more luxurious living space than I could've imagined. My husband is tender and playful. The family is very understanding of my sensitivity to the heat and humidity. I can't find difficulty here.

The food is diverse and flavorful. Rain is frequent. The clothing would shock an Eiraglan. I often wear more jewelry than cloth, and when indoors I'm normally barefoot.

I'm pleased with the results on my end of the exchange, and I look forward to hearing from my husband's beloved sister.

With Respect,

Princess Consort Inka of Gehna

***

Author's Note: I do not believe taking tigers as pets is a wise idea. It's not good for the tigers, and its definitely not good for the keeper. I believe they're best kept in safe zoos, safe sanctuaries, and the wild (of course, but sadly poachers exist). However, I believe that in this universe I'm writing, in Gehna, there aren't many zoos nor sanctuaries, and what few there are would be only for the rich and powerful. Also, on an unrelated note, have I misspelled Eiragla or Eiraglan a few times? Stupid me, I should've made an easier to remember word.

***

12