The Eyes of Innocence

Story Info
The events of a computer love affair.
894 words
4.43
8.3k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The night air stirred the wind outside her bedroom window, as she peered into the darkness, and thoughts of betrayal filled her every thought. Just days prior, she felt her heart leaping at future plans and talk of tomorrow's shared. The despair of deceit filled the room, as if all she ever believed in was ripped from her soul, a spirit too scorned to ever reach a plateau of happiness again.

A Thursday morning which started just as any other, the scramble of feet to the floor, the hurry to shower and ready for another day in the working force. Emily, was an average woman of build and looks, nothing glamorous or erotic, just the typical shy, girl next-door type. Her demeanor was that of a small kitten, trusting and care-free, yet when the occasion arose to become assertive and snap into a state of independence for the purpose of shielding herself, the turn of kitten to wildcat could be seen. As she prepared herself for the day, the smile of happiness and content shown from her face just as if the smile was a portrait of truth.

Emily had spent her life working for all she had achieved, never asking for handouts or help. Her childhood was not that of a typical child, it was more of a test of strength and endurance to withstand trauma. The only thing she had was a kind heart, filled with giving and honest aspirations. As the years went by, Emily turned her life around, the girl she once was became the woman she is. Emily worked in a flower shop, where each day was filled with Mother Earth's beautiful creations. She enjoyed what she did for the simple fact that flowers were usually given for occasions of love, remembrance, and thinking of you.

The life of Emily rose was a comfortable one, until the day he walked into her life. Joseph was an intelligent, handsome bachelor who seemed to be looking for the same things as she. The two met in an unusual way, not the everyday chance meeting but over a computer. Emily spent her evenings talking to friends in chatrooms, getting to know people and building relationships. Each night she would spend a little more time on her computer, not fully aware that one night she would meet the man of her dreams. When Emily and Joseph took the leap and began to talk, the instant attraction became more. Every night Emily would race home in hopes of finding Joseph waiting and ready to converse, and each night the love she felt became deeper and deeper. As days turned to weeks, the two finally let the words come forth and all the beauty Emily had seen in her flower creations was seen more so through the three words she had spent a lifetime looking for.

Joseph was in the Navy, and knew that one day he would be called back to sea. Although his time left in the Navy was short, he never took his mind from his duties. In many ways he loved Emily, but the love he felt for a career seem to be more. She knew how he felt for she too had served her country in prior years and had wished she never left. Joseph spent many hours with Emily, the two sharing stories of their lives, and hopes of their future together. Emily believed everything Joseph told her, all promises he made, and the commitment they shared. She fell in love with him quickly, and always questioned why, yet she knew in her heart the answer. He enkindled a flame in her that had never seen light, her heart a tool of ignition. Emily gave him all her love and devotion, yet he pulled away, perhaps scared of loving something more than himself and his career. To love fully, one must first love themselves, and always put the other first, for love is a gift of purity. Joseph loved Emily, yet only used her as he would a gun to save himself.

The time passed, and time shared with Emily seem to turn to others, filling her nights with loneliness and frustration. She believed in him, and knew he would always do right by her, never lying or finding humor in her pain. The night just as all before started with hello's and kisses, yet turned into an ugly forum of Joseph sharing the personal relationship they had built with a room of friends and strangers. Emily was devastated to think of the love they shared becoming a mockery of humor. She only felt the scorn of a broken heart, to numb to feel anything but. Her eyes closed, for she was dead, her heart torn into a thousand pieces, and the feeling of loss consumed her body.

The night went on, and Emily sat in a corner chair, lights lowered and the knowledge of her being unworthy to live filled her mind. Never before had she loved another as she did Joseph, and never would she again. The next day, the room roared with laughter at Emily, showing her the fool that she was. As Joseph talked she listened, and at that moment, she forgave him and told him she would wait an eternity for his love. Joseph could only say he loved her, and was sorry.