The Fall of the Wolf Ch. 08

Story Info
Eleta and Rafe adjust to being lovers.
6.9k words
4.82
5k
7

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/02/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Eleta woke, she was surprised to see that it was dark outside the windows. The stars shone brightly in the sky, and the light of a full moon sent silver rays through the glass panes.

She snuggled deeper beneath the covers and closed her eyes as she took inventory of her body. She was deliciously sore in some very delicate areas. As she stretched cautiously, she winced from a multitude of tiny abrasions and bruises across her breasts and between her thighs. The memory of how her wounds had been acquired made her smile rather smugly. She debated reaching for Rafe to rekindle their mutual fires, but decided she didn't quite have the energy right at that moment.

The thought of fires made her open her eyes once again. She glanced at the fireplace and saw that Rafe had added logs recently, for the flames were leaping merrily in the grate. She smiled again, this time with mischief. She would have to reward him somehow.

Her stomach gave a loud growl, and she sighed. As much as she didn't want to leave the cozy confines of the bed, she really did need sustenance, and Rafe was likely hungry too. She turned over to wake him and frowned at the empty place beside her in bed. She sat up in confusion. She couldn't see him anywhere in the room.

"Rafe?" she called, thinking he might be making use of the chamber pot behind the screen. "Rafe!"

There was no response. Her eyes opened wide with shock, and she scrambled to the end of the bed and looked down at the chain. The attached shackle should have been wrapped around Rafe's ankle, but instead, it lay open on the floor. The iron lock lay open too, and there was a fork with a bent tine and several of her hairpins nearby. Obviously he had picked the lock to gain his freedom.

Despair struck her like a heavy weight in her chest. She felt forlorn and abandoned. She had given him everything, and he had left her. She was devastated by his desertion! She gave a keening cry. Tears ran down her cheeks in rivulets, and she curled into a miserable ball on the bed. She sobbed loudly as she clutched the quilts to her face. His scent clung to the bedding, and she buried her face, gulping in huge breaths of air as she wept.

Suddenly, Rafe was there, lifting her across his lap and cradling her like a child. "There now, love. What's the matter?" he crooned. He shook her gently, when it looked like she hadn't heard him. "Eleta, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

She gaped up at him with huge, tearful eyes and then flung her arms around his neck. "I thought you had gone," she cried. She continued bawling as she clung to him. "I thought you had left me. I thought I would never see you again."

"Hush now," he ordered gently, brushing her hair back from her face and kissing her brow. He lifted her chin and gave her a teasing smile. "You can't get rid of me that easily, love."

She tried to smile in response, but the best she could manage was a trembling sniffle. However, she did begin to calm. Her sobs subsided into hiccupping whimpers, and her breathing gradually settled. The whole time, he rocked her on his lap, stroking her hair and lavishing kisses on the top of her head. He murmured endearments in a soothing voice, and she cuddled contentedly against his chest. In the dim recesses of her mind, she realized that she had not even been worried that the prophecy would not have come true, she had only been concerned that Rafe had left her. Knowing she had forgotten about her mission even temporarily was disturbing, but she refused to think about it at that moment. Her emotions were too raw to be examined too closely.

When the storm had finally passed, he wiped her face with the edge of the sheet. He made no move to oust her from her comfy perch, and instead tucked her head beneath his chin. Rafe had found his clothes in the wardrobe and gotten dressed. Now, the entire front of his shirt was wet from her tears. She nibbled her bottom lip and ran her palm across his chest self-consciously.

"I'm sorry for getting you all wet," she whispered.

Rafe clasped her hand against him, squeezing her fingers gently. "Don't give it a thought, Eleta." He lifted her chin so he could look into her eyes. "You didn't really think I would leave you, did you?" he asked softly.

She nodded and tucked her head beneath his chin once more. "I caught you trying to escape once before, from the inn. I had no reason to think you would not escape now if you found a chance. You told me yesterday that you wanted to leave."

Rafe lifted her chin, insisting that she look at him. He gave her a puzzled frown, as if her reasoning was obviously flawed. "That was before," he murmured.

"Before what?" she asked with wide eyes. Her eyes were huge and full of confusion and uncertainty.

He cupped her jaw and ran a thumb across her lower lip. "Don't you understand, Eleta? When I wanted to escape, that was before you gave yourself to me. Now, you are mine," he said softly. "I don't walk away from what's mine. You are mine, and I will never leave you. I simply refused to be chained like some beast any longer."

She shivered with pleasure. Hearing him say she belonged to him filled her with deep satisfaction. She reached to kiss him, and their lips melded in the gentlest of caresses. It was clear that they both approved of his claim. She finally drew back with a sigh and her eyes were glowing when she met his gaze.

"So now that you are free, you won't leave me?" she asked.

He gave a self-deprecating chuckle and squeezed her lightly. " My God, do you honestly not know how desirable you are?" When she shook her head, he continued. "I could sooner cut off my right arm than to walk away from you, Eleta. You are like the most intoxicating elixir. I can't seem to get enough of you." As if to prove the truth of his words, he caressed her breast, gently pinching and twisting her nipple until it stood stiffly erect. "Your body calls to me constantly. There is no way I could walk away now."

Eleta blushed prettily, greatly pleased by his words. "Where did you go then?"

Rafe kissed her forehead briefly and then lifted her from his lap and sat her in the middle of the huge bed. He rose and brought a plate of food that he had set aside when he saw her weeping. He lit several candles around the bed. Then, he plopped down beside her, fed her a piece of roasted chicken, and took another bite for himself.

"I was starving," he said as he chewed. He winked at her. "I thought you might be too."

He shared another bite with her, and they ate for a few moments in companionable silence. He brought over a bottle of wine from the table, and they took turns drinking directly from the bottle. When the plate was nearly empty, he gave her a look from beneath his brows as he dredged a piece of bread through some sauce.

"I noticed there is a lot of food in the cold storage off the kitchen." He fed her the bread and met her eye. "Looks like meals have been prepared in advance to last us for several days."

Even though he had phrased it as a statement, Eleta knew what he was asking. She chewed carefully and took a sip of wine to swallow the bite before she answered him. When she did, her voice was soft with dread. She didn't want to anger him.

"Yes, I had the cook prepare meals for us to last at least a week if not more. I had hoped you wouldn't mind if we stayed here that long."

To her surprise, Rafe grinned widely and waggled his brows in a suggestive manner. He let his eyes drop down her body, lewdly eyeing her naked form. He covered his heart with one hand and gave her a teasing smile.

"Of course, your Majesty! Your every wish is my command. I am most happily at your service."

Eleta couldn't help but laugh, and her musical giggle was infectious. Soon, Rafe joined in, and it was several moments before they sobered. Their shining eyes met and held, and he reached out to caress the graceful line of her jaw with the backs of his fingers.

"Seriously," he whispered, "there's nowhere I would rather be than here with you."

Eleta had to swallow against a lump in her throat. "Me neither," she whispered.

Their gazes held for several more moments and then Rafe blinked and cleared his throat. He rose with the empty plate and wine bottle and put them on the dining table.

"Now, I was going to prepare a bath for us, but I wasn't sure how this contraption works. Any idea how to use it?"

He was referring to a pipe that extended from the wall in the bathing area. It was supported on a metal hinged arm that could be pulled so that the pipe extended out over the copper tub.

"That's easy," Eleta said, hopping up from the bed with renewed energy. She grasped his hand in hers and led him to the bathing corner. "This lodge was built over a hot spring. The temperature of the water stays the same all year round, because it comes from deep beneath the ground. There is a pump to bring hot water up here for bathing, and there is another pipe beneath the tub to drain the water when you are done. No one ever has to boil water, haul buckets, or clean up afterward. Isn't that wonderful?"

She plugged a hole in the bottom of the tub with a large cork, and then she showed him how to operate a hand pump hidden within a small wooden cabinet. Within moments, steaming water began gushing into the huge copper tub.

"Ingenious!" Rafe declared with a grin.

Eleta glowed with pleasure as if the design and plumbing had been all her doing. Rafe took over pumping, and within a short time, the tub was full of steaming spring water. He stripped off his clothes, tested the temperature, and then stepped in. As he sank down in the water, he gave a loud sigh of contentment. He leaned back against the rim, and motioned impatiently for Eleta to join him.

"What are you waiting for? Get in."

Eleta giggled and went to gather a few towels, a washcloth, and a bar of lightly scented soap and laid them on a low table within easy reach of the tub. She brought a candelabrum and set it nearby. Using a twig from the fireplace, she lit the candles, and they cast a flickering glow over the tub. She paused to twist her hair into a loose knot on top of her head. Then, she held his hand and stepped over the high edge.

The tub easily accommodated both of them, and she sank to her chin in deliciously hot water. She hissed slightly as the chafed areas on her body came in contact with the steaming water. Rafe pulled her onto his chest and tipped her mouth up to receive a lengthy kiss.

"That's better," Rafe breathed against her lips. "I thought you might enjoy a hot bath to soak away your soreness."

As he said the last, he gently caressed one tender nipple. Eleta held his gaze, but she blushed beneath his heated regard and felt suddenly shy.

"Was I too rough on you earlier?" he asked quietly, gently playing with her breast as it bobbed in the water.

She had a hard time finding her voice, and she merely shook her head.

"I'll be more gentle next time," he murmured.

"No!" When he raised his brows in surprise, she blushed an even darker shade of red. "I mean...I loved the way it was before. Please don't change anything."

His chuckle was full of masculine smugness. "Oh, you did, huh?" When she merely nodded, he tweaked her nipple none too gently. "I'll keep that in mind."

They lapsed into silence for a spell. The only sounds were the fire crackling in the hearth and water rippling with their languid movements. The night seemed to settle around them to form a snug cocoon. They interlaced their fingers and shared occasional lingering kisses. They both relaxed and luxuriated in the steaming water, content in one another's company. So much had changed in a short amount of time. They were both deep in thought, trying to assimilate where they now stood with one another.

When Rafe finally spoke, it was in a hushed tone, as if he was reluctant to disturb the tranquil atmosphere. "I knew you would be different from all the other women I had known," he said quietly.

Eleta was lying on her side with her cheek on his chest. She tilted her chin up and searched his eyes with a puzzled frown. "I'm different? How?"

He chuckled softly, his voice rumbling in her ear. "In so many ways," he said. He stroke her hip absentmindedly. "For one, I've never been this relaxed after making love to a woman before. I'm usually anxious to leave as soon as possible. I've found that if I linger, the woman sometimes gets too attached, and then it's awkward. But with you...," he trailed off without finishing.

"What?" she prompted, obviously eager to know what he was thinking.

He hesitated briefly, but then he shrugged and continued. "With you, I want you to become attached." He caressed the line of her jaw and smiled thoughtfully. The truth of his words sunk to his bones, and he realized that he wanted much more than just attachment. In fact, he wanted Eleta's whole hearted love and devotion and wouldn't settle for less. However, he wasn't ready to admit that to her.

"What other ways am I different from other women?" she asked.

Rafe grinned and tapped the end of her nose with a wet finger. "Your tears affected me differently than those of any other woman I've met. I've never really been bothered by a woman's tears before. Women often cry as a means of getting their own way. I usually find it annoying, but otherwise, it doesn't affect me much." He searched her eyes, smiling tenderly as he remembered how he felt when he saw her weeping. "When I saw you crying, I felt like I was sharing your sadness."

Eleta didn't know what to say in response, so she remained mute. His words touched her deeply, but she knew it was dangerous to get too emotionally involved with him. Fulfilling her mission meant giving him free rein over her body, but her emotions were best kept in check.

Rafe searched her eyes. She kept her thoughts and emotions hidden, as if she had an invisible shield that he couldn't penetrate. He ran his thumb along her lower lip, smiling when her lip trembled slightly. She might hide her feelings, but he knew she was not unaffected emotionally. That was another thing he would eventually win from her. He wouldn't rest until she loved him and declared her love for him openly and without hesitation. Luckily, his plans seemed to be in line with hers to bring that about. He would need time to woo her, and she had planned to keep him prisoner here for at least a week. There was no need to pressure her, but he couldn't resist gentle prodding.

"That's another way you are different from other women, Eleta. I find myself in the very novel position of revealing my emotions, when it is clear that you are keeping yours hidden." Feeling her tense, he soothed her with a kiss on her forehead. "It's alright, Eleta. You don't have to say anything."

They lapsed into silence once more. After several more minutes, Rafe kissed the top of her head.

"I am curious though. I asked for an invitation to come to your palace more than a year ago. Why did you refuse to meet with me then, Eleta?"

"I've told you," she whispered, keeping her face averted. "I didn't want to extend hospitality to the man responsible for the terrible raids against my people."

He urged her chin up until she met his eye. "Is that the only reason?"

She felt one of her revealing blushes creeping up her cheeks, and she hoped he might attribute it to the warm water. "Of course."

Rafe merely grunted. He knew she was not telling the truth, but he couldn't figure out why. Eleta swallowed against a lump in her throat. His eyes were so open and sincere as he watched her. She felt even more wicked, thinking about how she would betray his trust.

"Are you ready to tell me about the prophecy?" He kissed her forehead once again. "I know you haven't told me everything. Won't you tell me your secrets now?"

Eleta released a soft sigh. She didn't want to think about that. Not when they had so little time together. She would do her duty when the time came, but for the next week, she wanted to enjoy being with him as if they were any normal lovers. Being with Rafe made her wonderfully happy. This week might be the only time she would ever be happy again. She didn't want the terrible prophecy to ruin what little happiness she had been afforded.

"I will make you a promise, Rafe. I will tell you everything when the time comes for us to leave this place. I had planned for us to spend a week here together. It's true that I have been keeping things from you, but I promise I will tell you absolutely everything at the end of the week. But until then, I don't want to talk about it. No more questions. No more prying. Please."

He studied her eyes for a long time. He could tell she was deeply disturbed. He wanted to soothe her distress, but he didn't know how. Finally, he simply nodded his head. "Agreed. But just know that no matter what you have to tell me, it will be alright. It won't change how I feel about you, Eleta. Everything will be alright in the end."

Eleta swallowed and blinked against the tears burning the backs of her eyes. She wished with all her heart that what he said was true, but she knew differently. She owed him honesty, but when she told him the truth, it would make him hate her. Once the glow in his eyes turned to hatred, nothing would be alright ever again.

"We should wash before the water gets cold," she said softly.

Eleta sat on her knees and reached for the soap. She poured water over his head and then began to wash his hair. He leaned his head forward so she could more easily reach, and he teased her by tickling her whenever she tried to raise her hands to his head.

"Stop that," she scolded with a giggle. "You're going to get soap in your eyes, and then you'll be sorry."

He merely chuckled and continued to torment her. When she would have reached for the pitcher, he slid down and dunked his whole head beneath the water instead. He came up and gave his head a vigorous shake, showering her with droplets. She squealed with delight, and her giggles warmed his heart. It was so much better seeing her laugh than seeing her disturbed.

"You really are a wolf," she teased as he gave his head another shake.

"Aye, love. And although the chain is gone, I am most assuredly still caught in your trap."

Rafe waggled his eyebrows playfully, and Eleta laughed some more. He wondered idly why hearing her laugh and soothing her worry was so important to him, but he didn't dwell on the thought. There were too many other enjoyable sensations to focus on at that moment.

Eleta lathered the cloth and began washing him with loving strokes. She scrubbed his broad shoulders and the full length of his arms and hands, carefully washing every finger. She scrubbed his chest, pausing to play with the sparse patch of hair there. It was his turn to laugh when she traced a heart with their initials on his chest. She lathered the cloth again and sat up on her knees. Her breasts tickled his chest as she reached over his shoulder to wash his back.

Rafe hissed and winced. When she looked at him questioningly, he grinned and leaned forward to show her several deep furrows that had clearly been made from her nails.

"When you mate with a she-wolf, you have to expect a few scratches," he growled with an unrepentant grin.

Eleta merely chuckled softly and proceeded to wash his back and then his sides. She washed every muscled inch of his legs and feet. She rinsed his upper body using a small pitcher, and he sighed as she poured the warm water over him.

He met her eye, grinned and raised an expectant brow. "What about the rest of me?" he asked. He nodded toward his lower half which was beneath the surface of the water, and he laughed with Eleta blushed hotly.

She gave him a coquettish smile and reached for the soap. While she lathered her hands, Rafe grasped the sides of the tub and lifted his hips so that he was floating on the water. His engorged erection cleaved the surface and stood proudly waiting for her attention. Eleta was beset by giggling, and her eyes sparkled delightfully.

12