The Farmer's Daughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jessie heard the wedding march begin and knew that was her cue. She was ready to begin her life with Erik.

"I believe that means it's our turn."

Jessie spun around at the voice she didn't expect to hear and covered her mouth.

"Daddy, you came."

"He says he loves you and I can see you love him. I guess I should find something good to say since he's going to become my son-in-law."

"Erik is a good man, Daddy."

"For a city boy he's a hard worker even if his hair is a little longer than we're used to out here. He ain't afraid to speak up for you, either."

"Give him a chance, Daddy."

"I love you, Jessie. Your mama would be proud of you."

"She's here, Daddy, watching."

Erik's first glimpse of Jessie was on the arm of her father. The couple gazed into each other's eyes as Ralph took each step with her. Rev. Hewes gave a slight nod as if he knew the man would be there.

Jessie stopped near Erik and waited. Everything was just as her mother had described to her so many years ago from her dream. Stars twinkled through the windows and the moon cast shadows on the walls. The soft glow of candles surrounded them. She could smell the faint scent of the roses that decorated the chapel.

Rev. Hewes began. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here ..."

Jessie and Erik heard his words yet never stopped staring into each other's eyes.

"We are here today, before God, because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes, to witness the joining in marriage of Erik and Jessie. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. Now, through me, He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds. Who gives this woman in marriage to this man?"

"I do," Ralph said with tears in his eyes.

Jessie became Mrs. Eric Corlett with her father in attendance. She looked up and swore she saw her mother smiling down from the shadows. The farmer's daughter belonged to the city boy now.

****

Erik and Jessie honeymooned in Tahiti. They spent their days playing in the lagoons by diving or snorkeling and exploring the islands by hiking and shopping. At night, they made love above the turquoise waters in their thatched-roof hideaway with all the amenities of a first class hotel room. Jessie was enchanted with the atmosphere as well as with her new husband.

After the wedding, Gabriela and Seth spent another night in the hotel before going home.

"You did something special for them, you know?" She knew he'd somehow gotten Jessie's father to that wedding.

"Erik found you for me. How can I ever repay him enough for that?"

"You'll keep finding ways, won't you?" she asked.

"Until the day I die, yes, I will."

She spent the next hours showing him just how special he was to her. Seth wasn't the only one that owed Erik.