The Fifth Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edward now shifted over to kneel by Thomas' back, putting his hand on him to hold him down as he had tried to get up. "Stay down a moment, Thomas, while I take a better look at this." He was very unhappy by what he saw. "What am I supposed to do for this?" he muttered to himself.

"Excuse me Sir." Jared spoke up, having carefully walked over after Deanna had left. "I've had some experience with ... conditions like this," He clearly didn't want to say the word 'burns' for Thomas' sake. "And dressing it with a cream called Silvadene is generally the best treatment. You can get it in any drug store."

Edward looked up sharply and in exasperation, but then his anxiety eased. At least somebody had an idea of how to proceed. "Michael hasn't left for work yet. Go up and tell him I want him to take you into town to buy whatever you need. He has money. I'll help Thomas to his room. Meet us there as soon as you get back."

"Yes Sir." Jared rushed up the stairs, found Michael and quickly explained what Edward had ordered. They immediately went to the car to make the fifteen minute drive to the small local town. Along the way Michael quizzed him relentlessly about what had occurred.

"How could you possibly have let this happen?" Michael snarled after Jared had explained. "You should have released him as soon as you knew. That's what any of the rest of us would have done." Jared had no answer to this as he was already silently berating himself for not having discovered the danger sooner. After purchasing the necessary medicines and supplies at the pharmacy they rode home in stony silence.

Arriving back at the manor Jared hurried to Thomas' room. He found him lying face down on his bed, now wearing a shirt but with only a cool wet towel covering his behind. Edward, his own backside still smarting from his own previously promised punishment that had been administered to him during the night, stood rather than sat next to the bed. Taking the offered supplies from Jared he removed the towel fully exposing the injured rump. It was still a vivid red, and more than a few of the blisters had now broken and were weeping, though others including two larger ones remained intact. Jared's heart sank further at this stark visual evidence of his abject failure. If only there was something he could do, even as he knew that there was not. He looked back up and saw that Edward appeared unsure of how to proceed.

"If I may Sir." Jared offered quietly. "I would leave the unbroken blisters alone. They'll probably break eventually but right now they're the best sterile dressing he could have. We should cover the whole area with the Silvadene and bandage any open areas."

Edward nodded and began carefully applying the medicinal cream. He then covered and bandaged with non stick gauze the opened blisters. When he was done he turned back to Jared.

"You go get some sleep now." he said in a flat voice. "There's no work to be done outside today, and Belle won't need your services this afternoon either."

"As you wish, Sir." When Edward said no more, Jared turned to go.

"Jared." Thomas called as he reached the door.

Jared was startled as he stopped and turned back. It was the first time since the very first day that anyone had called him by name.

"Yes Sir?" he answered tentatively.

Thomas had turned onto his side to face him. "Edward has told me everything about last night ..." he started. "I just want to say" he paused again. "... Thank you ... For all of it."

Jared gave a small nod. "Sir." was all he could manage to say as he once again turned and, as previously ordered, left to go alone to his room.

12