The Fifth Floor

Story Info
Russ and Diane have temporarily moved to Berry Hill.
71.8k words
4.57
12.2k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Philip Johnson

Chapter One

Berry Hill, Tennessee is just south of Nashville. In fact, it has been swallowed up by Nashville. Russ and Diane have temporarily moved into a large apartment complex there while he takes his four months of management training before they can go home to Cincinnati, Ohio. They felt lucky to be on the second floor of the Carriage Way apartments and townhouses, a four level complex of units complete with an exercise room, a crafts room and two outdoor pools. They were just back from getting groceries when Diane said, "Russ we haven't been here two weeks and I'm already eager to go home, and it's worse because it's December, so were stuck inside unless we want to be out in the cold and rain."

"I wish I could say something entertaining or encouraging, but I feel the same as you."

"I miss our backyard and patio, even in this rotten weather."

"I do too, but at least we can go home to see our friends once in awhile."

"Yes, if we don't mind spending half of our weekend going home and coming back. Don't get me wrong, I'll be ready to do that soon, but we won't have more than a day to see them."

"But when this is over, I'll have my promotion."

"That's the only thing that makes this worthwhile."

Russ put his arms around her and said, "What makes this all bearable is having you here with me."

She patted his butt and told him, "As long as we take good care of each other, we'll get through this in pretty good shape."

"Speaking of taking good care of, I called the maintenance guy to come fix our defective toilet. He said he'd be up before five." Russ hadn't much more than told Di that news when their doorbell rang. When Russ opened the door, the guy smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Mack the maintenance man."

"Good timing Mack, I'm Russ and I'm sure you know the way. I know how to fix the damn thing, but I don't have any tools here."

"No problem, I'll set things straight for you." It wasn't ten minutes later when he came out and said, "Well you're all set. Let me know if it troubles you again."

"Thanks, Mack."

"All in a days work. Now I have to go to the roof and thread some wiring. Not a big job, but it's one of those where you have to be in two places at the same time."

"Maybe I can help. I have time and skills and I sure don't mind."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to imply..."

"It will give me something to do other than office work. Honey, I'll be right back." She came in from the kitchen and he told her, "I'm going to help Mack for a few minutes."

"Okay, dinner won't be ready for almost an hour so take your time."

Russ followed Mack out and they took the elevator to the fourth floor, went to the first door to their right marked, keep out maintenance only, and then took the stairs up to the roof. Going out through that door Mack said, "Oh, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention anything about this. We're not supposed to let residents up here."

"I understand." They went over to a cluster of four small buildings on the roof as Mack said, "One building is all electronics for the television system, security and so forth. The next two buildings are mostly mechanical rooms for air handling, and the fourth one is all electrical."

As soon as they were in the protective pocket between the buildings, Russ said, "Damn, it's warmer between these buildings."

"Yeah, part of it is from the heat generated by what's in the buildings, but a lot of it is just from having those cold breezes blocked, and what little heat we're getting from the sun right now being absorbed by the dark walls. You can hardly stand it to be in this pocket in the summertime."

"It must be like an oven in here then."

"Oh yeah." Mack unlocked one of the doors and holding up the coil of wire in his hand he said, "I just have to fish this coaxial cable through and around behind that panel before I route it down through the floor."

"Well, I can reach around the panel and be ready to catch it."

"Great, that will help." With that they went to work and less than fifteen minutes later they were out and Mack was locking the door. "Russ, you just saved me half an hour and a lot of cussing."

"Glad to help, Mack." Russ looked around and added, "Damn, you can see a long way from up here."

"Yep, we're the tallest structure for quite a ways around. When the sun isn't too brutal, it can be pretty damn nice up here."

"I can imagine so."

Back inside Mack slapped Russ' back and said, "Thanks again, Russ."

"Any time Mack, thanks for the tour."

Chapter Two

As Diane came home from her part time secretarial job, she noticed they were getting new tenants across the hall from them, but of the three people she saw lugging boxes in, she didn't have a clue who their new neighbors would be. Out of nosiness, or as she preferred to call it, innocent curiosity, she went out to her car and back so she could get another view of the group taking in the last of their possessions. As she was unlocking her door again, a feminine voice from behind her said, "Sorry, if we're making too much noise."

Diane turned around and smiled at the woman looking at her. "You're doing fine. Still a lot to do?"

"Just putting things away and resting."

"I'll put coffee on and if you're up to it, come over and escape the work for a few minutes."

"Thanks, I'll take you up on that, give me twenty minutes."

It was closer to thirty minutes when Diane let her new neighbor in. "Hi, I'm Linda."

"Nice to meet you, Linda, I'm Diane and the coffee is ready." Most of the apartments were the same and that included no dining area other than the kitchen, so that's where they settled. "Is this okay, Linda?"

"This is fine, and thanks for inviting me."

"We just moved in a couple of weeks ago, so we don't know a soul around here other than a couple of people my husband met at the office." The conversation had begun and they ran out of coffee long before they ran out of things to talk about, so they switched to wine and continued until Russ got home. When he came in, Diane introduced him to Linda and he joined them at the table for a few minutes before he excused himself to go change.

A lot of Linda and Di's conversation was the expected, where are you from, and what do you do, and other get acquainted details. Russ rejoined them and told Linda, "Well, now you know what lives across from you."

"And I couldn't be happier. I hate feeling like such a stranger and living in a strange place."

"We know what you mean, or has Di told you about that?"
"She told me the basics of it your promotion and so forth. Congratulations by the way."

"Thank you. I'll leave you two beautiful women to talk and I'll hit the computer and get a few things done. I'll be back after bit Linda, so don't leave without saying goodbye."

"I won't Russ."

It wasn't all that much later when Di went to the second bedroom where their computer was set up and said, "Linda's staying for dinner and it will be ready in about half an hour. That's when the pizza guy will be here, and I'll leave it to you to pay him."

"Got it, do we have any beer left?"

"I'm sure we do, want one now?"

"With dinner will be fine."

So began their friendship. Diane was so glad to have a friend and Linda felt the same way. Di missed home as much as ever, but at least Linda understood and helped her cope with that issue.

It wasn't too long before Linda told them about her divorce almost two years earlier. She had Tina, her daughter, who was twenty one and scrambling to go to school and work at the same time. Linda's ex was helping when he could, and it chewed on her that she couldn't do more for her daughter financially.

As often as not, over the next couple of weeks either Linda would stop over and visit with Russ and Diane, or one or both of them would go over to Linda's for a cup of coffee and conversation. Russ had even taken to giving her a light embrace and kissing her cheek whenever they got together. "What are you two doing for New Years Eve," Linda asked them one night.

Diane looked at Russ with a smile and said, "Probably be right here trying to stay awake until midnight, what about you?"

"I don't have any plans at all. Want to come over and see the New Year in with me? I might be able to stay awake that long too. I'll even spring for the bubbly."

"Sounds good to us," Di answered and then added, "I'll come up with some simple snacks."

After dinner on New Years Eve, Diane and Russ freshened up and went across the hall to Linda's. When she opened the door, Russ stared for a second before telling her, "Damn, you look hot. We didn't know we were supposed to dress up."

"I'm not dressed up, silly. I just felt like putting on some makeup, and thank you, but I don't look hot."

"Right here in front of my wife I'll tell you, you do look hot and tempting."

"Diane, did he get an early start on the drinking?"

"No, and he's right you really do look nice."

"Thanks to both of you." Rather than sit right down, they stood in the kitchen and sipped their sparkling wine and nibbled at the snacks as they talked. Diane finally asked Linda the question she had been wanting to ask her. "Have you tried dating or anything since your divorce?"

"Oh sure, a few times."

"But?"

"I don't know if it was them or me, but there were no sparks with any of them. It could just be me, because I'm afraid of relationships now."

Russ put his arms around her and as he held her close he said, "Now I know that can't be right, because you and Di have a relationship, and you and I have a relationship."

"Now don't play games with me, you know what I mean: Kissing types of relationships." Russ kissed her then. Not on the cheek or the forehead this time, but on the lips and he lingered there for a moment before he said, "Okay, so now we have a kissing relationship." Linda looked at Diane and then back at Russ with flushed cheeks, and just smiled. She was at a loss for words. Her friend and neighbor had just kissed her and in front of his wife no less.

"Now Russ behave, you know what Linda means."

"I do know, but I have to believe it's the guys that are out there."

Linda had recovered and kissed his cheek before saying, "Thank you, Russ. This old lady just doesn't have what they want."

Russ laughed and said, "Well number one, you aren't even close to old, and number two, I can guarantee you most definitely have what they want."

Diane laughed then and slapped his butt saying, "You are so bad."

Linda was smiling as she said, "I agree, you are so bad. I think we better play a game and forget about me dating or whatever."

Raising one eyebrow, Russ did his best to give her a leering look and asked her, "What kind of game did you have in mind?"

"Dominoes."

"Oh. Not cards or..."

"No, not cards or whatever you were going to come up with next. Dominoes moves fast and we can continue to sip and talk while we play.

Chapter Three

They were well into their game of dominoes and had slowed down with their drinking. All three of them were feeling their wine and they still had over an hour to go before midnight. When Linda went to the bathroom, Russ took that opportunity to ask Di, "I didn't make you mad by kissing her did I?"

"No, but what possessed you to do that?"

"Mostly I just wanted to tease her, but it just felt like she could use a little encouragement. You know, sweet words."

"You're right about that." Before he could tell her what else he wanted to do Linda came back, but he decided it would be okay to go ahead with it.

Before they resumed playing Diane said, "Okay, the score is pretty even, so I propose a bet. The winner gets a massage from the two losers."

Linda was quick to ask her, "What do you mean a massage? Clothes...I mean clothes on, right?"

Diane laughed and said, "Yes, clothes on. I was going to say a foot massage, but I think since there will be two, it should be more than that."

"I like that," Russ offered and then said, "By the way, I like my low back massaged the best." Both women just laughed at him, but as it turned out he was right. He won by fifteen points. He stood up and dramatically said, "Okay, if you'll excuse me for a moment, then I'll be ready for my massage. My whole body massage by the way, and thank you honey for thinking of this."

"Don't gloat too much mister, because there could be paybacks later."

"I'll take my chances." He went into the bathroom and before he came out he loosened his belt and coaxed his Dockers down as much as he dared, pulled his shirt out and let it hang over his now low riding belt and went back out. "Will this be on the bed or the living room floor?"

"Try not to enjoy this too much, and the floor will do just fine," Di told him.

He lowered himself to the floor and asked, "On my belly, or back?"

"Belly, of course." He did as he was told and then calmly pushed his pants down another couple of inches. "Now just what do you think you're doing?"

"Making sure my lower back will be massaged."

"Yeah, right. I should have left you home." Linda was just standing there watching the proceedings and then looked at Diane for direction until she said, "Okay Linda, I'll take the top half and make sure he keeps his hands by his sides. I don't trust him tonight."
"Wait," he said, and quickly pulled his shirt up to his shoulders.

"Now Russ behave, or all you'll get is a night on the couch."

"I just don't want you two to miss anything." Linda was a little nervous now. She was looking at Russ lying there half naked, and she could even see enough of his butt to know right where his crack started. But she was just tipsy enough to get into her task too. Rather than kneel beside him, she straddled him with her pelvis riding him just below his half exposed butt, and put her hands on his warm soft back. With one last look at Diane, she focused on her task and watched her hands as she massaged and caressed her neighbor's naked back and upper butt. Diane worked on his shoulders and upper back, but spent some of her time watching Linda put her hands all over Russ. There was that familiar flash of jealousy, but that settled down, and she got into the moment. Then Linda, using her thumbs, pressed very hard on his back where it joined his butt, and Russ moaned his approval. "Damn, you're good Linda." Nothing more was said and both women fulfilled their obligation.

The women quit a few minutes before midnight and Russ stood up as Diane said, "I have to ask you tiger, why didn't your underwear show?"

With a self satisfied look he simply told her, "I moved them way down in preparation of my massage."

"Well, at least you kept them on."

The clock was ticking down to the midnight hour and they watched the television as the throngs in New York City counted as the crystal ball slid closer to the ground. At the stroke of midnight, Russ gave Diane a long and tender kiss and then put his arms around Linda. "Happy New Year, Linda."

"Happy New Year, Russ," and he pulled her into a kiss, a kiss that surprised her as well as Diane as he pulled her close to him and dove his tongue into her mouth. He could feel her tighten up in surprise, but her arms stayed around him as she melted into the sensations that washed over her. Diane was on the verge of saying something, or at least making a noise when they broke the kiss and Linda stared up at him. She had no voice, and her alcohol affected mind couldn't seem to do anything but allow her to smile before she told him in a near whisper, "That's the most powerful New Years kiss I've ever had."

"I have to go home now and recover from your kiss."

Linda and Diane shared a firm embrace and a light kiss as they wished each other a happy new year before Di told Linda, "I'm going to take my slightly intoxicated husband home now and tuck him into bed."

"Take good care of him because I'll have questions for him later."

Diane smiled and told her, "So will I, night Linda and thanks."

"You're welcome." Russ obediently followed his wife across the hall and into their temporary home where he asked her, "Am I in trouble?"

"I'll let you know tomorrow night, because I haven't decided."

They went to bed and Russ rolled onto his side close to Diane and told her, "I'm not drunk, but I don't know why I kissed Linda the way I did."

"You certainly rang her bell."

"She didn't do badly herself once the shock of me kissing her passed."

"Did she feel like, she's what...fifteen or so years older than us?"

"I didn't notice any difference at all. Want all the details?"

"What do you mean details?"
"She's still firm, and smooth, and still does one hell of a job kissing. Oh, she has some crows feet at her eyes, but those are subtle, so they don't even count."

"Okay stud, that's enough."

"Jealous, honey?"
"I'll let you know tomorrow night when I also let you know if you're in trouble. I have to think about all of this...about your uncontrolled impulses."

"I'll behave now I promise."

"That might be a good idea. Now I have another idea," and her hands went down between his legs and found his half ready manhood. They weren't in any condition for a lot of teasing, so it was only a minute later that he was over her and she was guiding his harness into her.

Chapter Four

Linda was at Diane's door almost as soon as she got home, and the two were soon in the kitchen sipping coffee. "Diane, what the hell got into Russ last night?"

Diane smiled and said, "At first I was blaming too much drink, but I don't think that was it. I think he was just in a celebrating mood, and...well, like he said he thinks you're pretty hot."

"Di, he can say whatever he wants, but the years don't lie."

"Linda, I'm going to speak my mind here. I think you worry too much about your age. Okay, so you're a few years older, but so what? You're still good looking, have a great shape as near as I can tell, and I know your sparkling smile makes Russ drool. Linda, Russ really likes you."

"I really like him, too, but when we massaged him, I was worried about you getting upset or something."

"That was all my idea remember?"

"But you didn't know it would be him that would win, or that he would pull that pants down trick."

"He was a little devious, but no harm was done. He didn't show anything at all."

"But my thumbs were right at...right into the top of his butt crack."

"I know, and I can't wait to ask him about that later."

"You two didn't talk about it last night?"

"Well...no, we sort of got distracted."

"Oh...of course, what was I thinking."

When Russ got home from work, he found Linda in the kitchen with Diane, both still in their work clothes. He got a cup of coffee and after kissing Diane sat down and looking at Linda said, "Hi, beautiful."

"Hi, handsome, still drunk I see. I'm still almost old enough to be your mother."

"To quote some famous person that I can't remember, bull shit."

"Oh and by the way honey," Diane said, "You're not in trouble."

"I'm glad to hear that."

Linda took over then asking him, "Okay lover, where did that kiss come from last night? I mean what prompted that?"

"Honey, let the record show that Linda brought this up, and I'm going to answer her." He moved a little and took her hand in his as he said, "I don't know how you get ready for work in the morning and not look in the mirror."

"What are you talking about?"

"You are a good looking woman from head to toe. You have a great shape and on top of all of those little details, I think you are a really great person."

"So if you encounter another good looking woman that's nice, you'll kiss her like you kissed me?"