The Fighting Finnegan's Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers

Jack had got out of school late as he had been pulled up by his English Teacher to discuss the paper he had submitted. Jack and Cathy generally walked to and from school together. The unwritten rule was that after school, they would wait up to 15 minutes for the other and after that time lapsed the person, waiting would start walking home.

Jack figured he must have missed Cathy by maybe 5 minutes. Jack started to jog home in hopes of catching up to Cathy. As Jack ran passed an alley he spotted a group of about five boys milling around two people on the ground. It took Jack about 10 seconds to register that Cathy was one of the two on the ground.

Jack stopped instantly and went quietly into the alley. Cathy was struggling on the ground, her dress was ripped and her mouth was bleeding. She was screaming out for help. The Westies as part of their initiation would make a potential member commit a felony. Rape was a favourite choice. The boy on top of Cathy was talking non stop.

"You gonna love what I'm packing bitch"

"Get off me you bastard!"

"Listen you little red headed whore, you are gonna take it all"

"Baby I'm gonna fuck you so good. You're gonna bleed for a week"

"Hey boys once I'm finished we can all have a piece of this little slut"

Jack did not think but acted. Jack said nothing, as he needed the element of surprise. He began by blindsiding the first Westie he saw. Soon the remaining group forgot about Cathy and focused on Jack.

It was a vicious fight of six against one. Jack used every weapon available in the alley as well as his fists. Jack had just finished punching the last member of the group when Cathy screamed out his name. Jack felt a sharp pain on top of his shoulder blade.

When Jack whirled around he found himself staring at a boy of about 16. The punk held a bloody knife in his hand. The punk started taunting Jack but made the fatal mistake of not being the aggressor.

Jack literally saw red; he hit the boy on his knife hand with a piece of lumber. This knocked the knife out of the punk's hand. Jack then used every pugilistic skill he knew and applied that on the face and body of his tormentor.

Jack finally stopped after he heard Cathy screaming his name repeatedly. The boy was unconscious and his body was badly broken up. Blood was still pouring out of the wound on top of Jack's shoulder. Cathy tore Jack's shirt off. She then applied pressure to the wound.

"Oh Jack please don't die. You saved me, you saved me!"

"It's ok Cathy; it'll be all right..

Are anymore of those punks around?"

"No Jack...they are down in the alley and not moving"

"Well let's get outta here before more come or the cops turn up"

With that said, they staggered to Jack's house.

--------------------

Lisa had been getting worried, as Jack was really late. Normal for most teenagers but not for Jack he took his boxing too seriously. There was a sudden pounding at the door. Lisa went to the door and found a pale Jack shirtless with what remained of his shirt held over an obvious wound. Cathy's dress was ripped and she had a swollen eye and a cut lip. Lisa raced Cathy and Jack straight to the hospital. At the hospital, Cathy was treated for her wounds and Jack was admitted for surgery.

While waiting for Jack to come out of surgery a distressed Cathy explained the whole story to Lisa.

"They were trying to rape me Mrs Finnegan but Jack saved me he saved me" was all Cathy would say at the end. Repeating it like a mantra over and over again.

Lisa did not hesitate to call the police about the assault and attempted rape.

The Police attended the hospital and interviewed Cathy. By that stage Gary, Billy and Lyn Reilly were at the hospital. Gary had a quick word with the detective and his partner. Both of them knew Gary Finnegan. The police soon had the suspects in custody. The boy that Jack had torn apart was in a serious but stable condition one floor above them.

Police would lay charges but advised there was the possibility of bail. That was soon forgotten when Doctor Evans appeared. Jack would be fine but would not be able to box for at least 6 months. Jack would have to undergo rehabilitation but there was little doubt he would make a full recovery.

Cathy was beside herself and still in a state of shock. Billy drove Lyn and Cathy home. Gary and Lisa stayed by Jack's bedside. They were both very proud of their son and the man he was becoming. Jack did recover but he was frustrated as he would not be able to touch a boxing bag, let alone put on gloves for at least 6 months.

--------------------

The good news was that pressure had been applied and all six offenders plead guilty to assault and one of them to attempted rape. All the offenders would be going to be incarcerated for a lengthy period.

Cathy from then on became a fixture in the Finnegan's household. Jack was her hero and she knew she loved him like no other. Jack was going through rehabilitation and was becoming moody and irritable. Jack missed boxing! The only one who could pacify his moods was Cathy.

Then the unthinkable happened for Jack. It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when Cathy came over. Cathy was determined to let Jack know how she felt. She went up to Jack's room and spoke her mind. She told Jack he was her hero and she loved him. Now Jack did not know much about girls but he reckoned he knew love when he felt it and saw it. Jack then replied in kind. Jack would always remember those words Cathy spoke:

"Jack I love you. You are my hero; I promise I will always be your girl. No other man will touch me."

The next 6 months were the best period of his short life. Cathy made him forget about his troubles. Their young love went from strength to strength. Jack and Cathy became inseparable. Where one went the other was following.

--------------------

Jack completed his rehab and soon was back boxing. Gary was amazed at Jack's recovery but he suddenly felt like he had a 'co-trainer' at the gym. As soon as Jack began training again, Cathy appeared and wanted to learn everything about boxing. Cathy seemed to be a great influence on Jack and he was training better than ever before. Gary was relieved, as he had thought Cathy would become a negative influence in the gym.

With Cathy practically living at the gym it was only a matter of time before Billy became an influence. Cathy loved Jack but she had a lot of time for Billy and they soon became the best of friends despite the age difference. Gary did take note of this friendship but thought nothing more of it.

--------------------

As the years flew bye things only improved for the Finnegan family. Billy completed his degree and then started looking into sports management. However, it was an unlikely meeting at the Gym that started his career path. A young boxer named John Cobb was looking for representation. Billy believed he could help find him someone worthwhile. Billy had befriended a young upstart called Peter Johns who had started a company called IMG (International Management Group).

An appointment was made and Peter was very impressed with Billy Finnegan's aggressive style while negotiating a contract for John Cobb. John Cobb signed with IMG that day and so did Billy Finnegan when offered a job as Peter John's right hand man. Peter Johns demoted his protégé Scott Rankin to bring Billy into the fold. Billy Finnegan was now a Sports Agent.

With Billy becoming a Sports Agent the Gym needed a Manager. Gary and Matt decided to promote Lyn Reilly to Store Manager at 'Firepower Sports'. Gary then took over the management of the Gym. This meant Gary could dedicate even more time to Jack's training needs.

Jack was on top of the world. He was in love with a beautiful girl and his boxing was improving. Jack had won several junior titles in the middleweight division and had just won the National Golden Gloves Championship at light middleweight. He was a force to be reckoned with at 17 years old. Jack had the privilege of attending several national training camps. He mixed and sparred with elite boxers and got some fine tutelage from well known trainers.

He ran into Billy several times as well as Billy was on the lookout for talent. It was about that time that Billy made overtures for Jack to become part of the IMG family. Billy then got really serious in his pursuit. Jack resisted as he felt he did not want any type of representation and thought agents were slimy creatures. Many times Jack had seen young amateur boxers sign with agents. The boxer was then forced into a pro career and was feed to the sharks often matched against the wrong type of opponents. No, ...his Dad's representation was all he required.

It was at this point cracks in the brother's relationship began and they only got wider. Billy felt humiliated. How would it look to his boss and clients when he could not sign his own brother? So began the war of attrition and it was a take no prisoners approach. Cathy got dragged into the middle of the argument and surprisingly took Billy's side.

Cathy was impressed with Billy's exciting lifestyle, which included the flash new car, city apartment and nice suits. Cathy logically assumed that Billy must know what he was doing and who better to represent her boyfriend than his own brother.

Billy had taken it a step too far recruiting Cathy as his messenger. Jack had a lot on his mind...he was turning 18 and felt soon he had to decide on whether to go pro or not. Cathy applying pressure on signing with IMG made things worse. It all came to a head on Christmas Day and would have wider ramification years later. Billy knew it was only a matter of time before Jack went pro. Billy decided he would give it one last try at persuading Jack to join IMG. Christmas morning went well with the family opening presents and generally having a great time. Mid morning the McEwan and Reilly families came over for Christmas lunch. It was during lunch that the fireworks began. Billy seized his opportunity when Matt McEwan casually asked if Jack was considering going pro. Jack said he had not decided. Billy put his 2 cents worth in and started pushing his case.

"Jack you need solid representation to help guide you through the world of boxing. There are a lot of sharks out there"

"As I said Billy thanks but no thanks"

"Look Jack. IMG represents some great boxing talent. I can make things happen for you. Cathy and I both agree this is the best thing for your future"

"Leave Cathy out of this"

It was starting to get heated so Gary tried to put on end to the conversation.

"Billy for the love of God its Christmas, just give it a rest"

"You're like a broken record; when the time is right we will organize the proper representation for Jack"

"Well I hope it's with IMG!"

Cathy had silently been watching the exchange, as had the rest of the table. She could see Jack starting to get angry and wondered if she should say anything. That all ended when Jack got up thanked his Mum for dinner and left the table. Cathy followed him as he went to grab his coat.

"Jack wait where are you going"

"For a walk ......alone"

"Why are you angry with me?"

"I'm sick and tired of the Cathy and Billy double act. I can decide my boxing future"

"I only want to help you Jack. I love you. I want to secure our future"

Before Jack could reply, Billy appeared at the door and started his sales act again.

"Listen Jack before you go. I have an IMG contract with me, just sign on the bottom line and I'll take care of the rest"

"Look Billy......FUCK OFF!"

Cathy knew something bad was about to happen. Jack had reached his boiling point.

"You ungrateful little prick! I was wiping your snotty nose for all those years; you would be nothing without me. Do you know how bad this makes me look at IMG?"

"Billy I couldn't care less, I wouldn't sign with IMG if you guys were the last agency on earth"

With that Jack turned to leave Billy made a fatal mistake and pushed Jack in the back. Jack whirled around and reacted. Jack sent a perfectly timed shot with his fist at Billy's nose. There was a loud crunch with Billy on the ground with a broken nose. Cathy screamed and knelt beside Billy nursing him. Jack opened the door and left. Gary found Jack hours later at the Gym training.

--------------------

The brothers who were once so close were no more. They were civil towards each other at family events but in private, it was a different matter. Cathy and Jack's relationship changed and it took a long time to get it back on track. Jack felt slighted and used by Cathy. Cathy worked hard to earn his trust back while she still remained friends with Billy.

It was a low key professional debut for Jack with Gary as his trainer. Cathy was ringside and blew him a kiss before the bell rang. The fight went the distance against the journeyman opponent. Jack won easily, it was a unanimous decision. Jack asked Matt McEwan to handle any business arrangements. Matt agreed.

--------------------

By 20 years of age Jack was a star on the rise. However, every time he tried to go that one extra step IMG was there to block it. Gary was as frustrated as Jack and let Billy know in no uncertain terms. Billy said it was not his doing; Jack just needed to generate some interest, as he was a nobody.

The war continued and Billy took every opportunity to bring Jack down. Jack however continued to flourish and his popularity grew. At 21 with a solid career established, Jack asked Cathy to marry him. Everyone had known it was just a matter of time. Cathy enthusiastically responded with a definite YES! So life continued along that path. Cathy made several attempts to help make peace between the brothers to no avail.

When Jack was 22, everything changed for the Finnegan family. Lisa was driving to get some milk from the market when a truck lost control in the wet and a collision occurred. Lisa was killed instantly. Death can drive some families closer or some apart. The Finnegan's were driven apart.

It was an emotional time. There was so much pain and anger. Jack became distant and aloof and would disappear for hours usually ending up at the gym. Cathy felt alone and abandoned. Billy was around to comfort his Dad but he ended up comforting Cathy. Jack and Billy no longer held in their hostility for each other. With Lisa gone and Gary an emotionless shell for the moment, Billy and Jack verbally jousted at every turn. Earlier indifference was now turning to hate. The powder keg just waited to be lit.

--------------------

Jack had felt particularly bad that day. Cathy was pressuring him to consider getting an apartment together before they married later that year. Jack felt Gary still needed him and refused. They fought about the apartment but it was more about Jack's attitude about everything in his life. Cathy wanted security. Jack went running. Halfway through his run he turned around, he had to speak with Cathy and apologize.

Jack came home to a rude shock. Billy's car was in the driveway. Jack mentally braced himself for the confrontation. What he found when he walked in the door cemented everyone's immediate future. Billy and Cathy were on the couch, passionately kissing and holding each other. Jack grabbed Billy by the shirt collar and physically threw him out the door.

"I never want to see you again you son of a bitch. You are nothing more than a gutter rat"

Billy was too stunned to answer so he got in his car and left. By then Jack's focus was on Cathy.

"How the fuck could you do this to us Cathy!!"

"Jack it looks worse than it is. Billy is just a friend"

"You are as bad as that prick. You have conspired with that rat from the beginning."

"Jack...that isn't true. I love you" Cathy cried

"Love me! We are basically married and here you two are practically fucking in my father's house!"

"Give me the ring... it was my grandmother's and get out. Go to Billy and leave me alone!"

Cathy collapsed on the floor crying uncontrollably. Jack roughly picked her up, took back the ring and asked her to leave.

Cathy soon complied. Everyone's fate was sealed. Jack refused any further contact from Cathy or Billy. Jack refused to listen because he knew what he saw and felt betrayed. Billy and Cathy found comfort with each other and eventually started dating.

By then Jack moved his boxing to another level. His focus was on boxing and only boxing. Soon Billy and IMG had no choice but to deal with Jack. The fight with John Cobb was arranged and if Jack won, he would move into the big time and attract bigger game. Billy tried every tactic in the book to disrupt Jack and Matt so the contract negotiations were painful.

Matt felt out of his league and told Jack so. If Jack won this fight, he would need to find a good agent in the boxing world. The contract was finally signed and the fight was on. Billy tried took one last shot at disrupting Jack. Billy brought Cathy along to watch the fight. It backfired and Jack went on to win.

--------------------

After coming back from all that history, Jack decided it was time for a spa. He patted Bidgee and then finished his third beer. Jack relaxed his aching body against the warm jets. Jack had decisions to make and he thought he knew of exactly the right person to sign with.

The kicker was that Billy would never see it coming!

--------------------

Billy Finnegan woke up Sunday morning smiling and thinking a name. That name was Ernie Johnson. Ernie Johnson was the hottest young amateur boxer in Australia. The 18 year old Middleweight had a fantastic record and was about to turn pro. Every management company in the country had been after Ernie Johnson and after an exhausting chase, he had signed with IMG on Friday.

The better news was that Peter Johns had personally asked Billy to take control of Ernie's career. The first step was finding Ernie a good trainer and training facilities. Billy had a plan that he believed would work out extraordinary well for him. There was absolutely no downside. Everyone would be forced to do it Billy's way now. The last piece of the puzzle was Gary Finnegan.

--------------------

Billy and Cathy were driving to Gary's house for Sunday lunch. Cathy was feeling very uncomfortable. For starters, Billy was whistling and had been on a high all weekend. What the hell was going on? Secondly and more importantly, she was petrified that she would be seeing Jack. Cathy had no idea what to say to him. Why had she wrecked everything that had been good in her life? Why was she with Billy?

Well she could answer that last one. She started seeing Billy to upset Jack and make him come back to her. What a foolish girl she was thinking that Jack would be the white knight coming to her rescue again. With that last thought, she decided to find out why Billy was so happy.

"Billy"

"Yes baby"

"Why are you so happy? I know it wasn't just the sex last night."

"Cath everything will be revealed at lunch today. I have a massive announcement that is going to be great for all of us!"

"Does that include Jack?"

"Jack, Jack, Jack. It is always about bloody Jack. Well after today, Jack is going to have to make a few decisions. If he toes the line, he will be well on his way. I can't say anything more until lunch. Trust me you will be delighted."

Suddenly Cathy had a very bad feeling that everything was going to change....for the worse.

--------------------

Jack woke up Sunday morning with a headache. How many beers did he have? Bidgee was on the bed asleep. For a border collie, she could sure be lazy. Well then again, he had gotten to bed about 1am and it was now only just coming up to 6am. Jack figured a swim would do him a world of good. So he woke Bidgee up, grabbed his towel and hit the beach.

davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers