The Fighting Finnegan's Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers

"Why Mr Rankin, I thought you'd never ask."

----------------------------------------

Jack was feeling pretty drained. Gary was in his study looking at some fight footage of Ernie Johnson and making notes.

'Bugger it' thought Jack

"Dad I'm going out."

"Ok Son see you later."

Jack started walking around the neighbourhood noting nothing much had changed in the last 5 years. The area was much more prosperous but it was still a blue collar neighbourhood. Jack walked up to the high school and it brought back pleasant memories of Cathy.

Why was he still pining for this woman? Jack knew he had to let it be. Jack had walked away with his pride intact and didn't want to even contemplate a relationship of any kind with Cathy ever again. 'Let sleeping dogs lie Jack' he quietly said to himself. Jack headed home.

--------------------

Scott phoned the international number of David Angelo promptly at 6pm. The phone rang and after 20 seconds, it was picked up.

"Hello"

"Hello Mr Angelo?"

"Yes...you must be Scott Rankin considering that accent of yours."

"Yes sir that's me."

"Well thanks for calling back Scott. I read you represent Jack Finnegan now."

"That's correct Mr Angelo."

"Well I heard from good authority you are after a trainer for Jack."

"Yes sir that's correct. May I ask how you know this?"

"Let's just say a somewhat mutual acquaintance told me. I've followed Jack's career and I think he has the tools to make it to the top. That is provided he has the right people in his corner."

"Sir are you saying you want to train Jack?"

"Let's just say I'm interested and would like to meet him. I believe I can launch his career here in America."

"Sir that's unbelievable. I'm sure Jack would jump at this opportunity."

"Well Scott I'd like him to come and base himself out of the Camden Gym. He will be my sole pupil so to speak."

"Well Sir let me call Jack and I'll get him to phone you with an answer."

"Good to hear, tell Jack I look forward to speaking with him."

Scott put the phone down in complete shock. Eve could see something was either terribly right or horribly wrong. Scott came out of his daze and told Eve about the conversation with David Angelo.

"Scotty this is...I don't know... this is unreal. What an opportunity."

"I know. I better ring Jack."

--------------------

Jack had just gone to lie down when his mobile phone started ringing. Against his better judgement, he answered the phone.

"Hello"

"Jack its Scott"

"Hey Scott what's crackin'?"

"Mate you won't believe who just phoned me."

"Who?"

"David Angelo."

"The David Angelo?"

"If you mean the future Hall of Fame Trainer David Angelo, yes, the very same."

"What did he want?"

"You Jack."

"You're kidding."

"I'm not. How fast can you get over here to make a call to David Angelo?"

"I'll be there in 20 minutes."

--------------------

Jack raced out the door and broke the speed limit getting to the Rankin's house. Jack was quickly ushered inside and the number was dialled.

"Hello."

"Hello Mr Angelo. It's Jack Finnegan."

"Hi Jack thanks for calling. I presume Mr Rankin told you about our conversation."

"Yes sir, he told me you might be interested in training me."

"Jack I'll be honest. I'm more than interested. You are the guy I want to make my comeback with here in America."

"Mr Angelo I'd love to work with you. I'm not a fool so I know I have to make the move to America if I want my shot."

"Well son the offer is there for you to start your training out of the Camden Gym in Niven, Florida."

"Well Mr Angelo I'll get Scott to go through the details and if he's happy I'll see you in Florida."

"Tell Scott to send me through his requirements and we'll do a deal."

Jack handed the phone to Scott to talk with David Angelo. Jack sat down and knew that everything was coming up roses.

--------------------

Gary heard Jack come home around midnight. He had just finished up in the study and walked out to find Jack stretching out on the couch.

"Hey Son, late night for both of us."

"Yeah you could say that Dad. Can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure Son. What's on your mind?"

"Dad I've found a new trainer."

"Really that's great. Who is it?"

"David Angelo"

"You're kidding. The David Angelo?"

"Yep that's him."

"Son...what an opportunity!"

"I know... the thing is Dad, I fly out to Florida on Saturday."

"Wow so quick. Soak up everything Jack you're with the best now."

"No Pop you're the best. By the way would you take care of Bidgee for me?"

"Of course, Bidgee is part of the family. In fact she can come to the gym with me just like in the old days."

"Thanks Dad."

--------------------

With the arrangements made Jack had a quiet few days. He packed his bags, spent time with Bidgee and avoided Cathy. Jack would be staying with David in Florida above the Gym. The future was looking bright for his boxing career.

--------------------

Scott and Eve collected Jack Saturday Morning. Jack hugged his Dad goodbye and told him he would speak to him when he arrived in the US. Jack watched the neighbourhood fade away behind him and was glad Cathy hadn't found out he was leaving.

Scott and Eve helped Jack with his luggage and he was put on his flight to America. Scott gave him all the information (nicely compiled in a folder) for his journey. While in America Scott would be keeping in contact and would assist in anyway possible.

Jack boarded the plane and found his seat. Soon enough the plane taxied the runway. As the plane left the runway, Jack looked back only briefly. He would miss Australia but his future lay with David Angelo.

To Be Continued

davidpaul
davidpaul
116 Followers
12