The Fire Which Burn a Marriage

Story Info
BTB, Tales from Europe series.
1.5k words
38.7k
11
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A very effective and original BTB. The fire was real, but anything else it's a fiction; any concordance with reality is only accidental.

First Chapter

It was 15 April 2019, a fateful day that I couldn't forget.

I was heading for 'L' Île de la Cité" when I caught her french kissing a guy in one of the many cafes that make Paris famous.

I stormed in, only to say:

"Shame on you, Chantal!"

The guy who was with her jumped immediately on me :

"Beat it while you still can, old man! You should expect that if you can't keep your wife at home..."

Angry, Chantal immediately put him in place:

"Watch out, Samir! He's my father, I won't allow you to be disrespectful to him!"

At least she showed some respect to me if she couldn't respect her husband.

"I'm sorry sir," her Lothario made penance.

"It's not what you think, papa", Chantal told me. "Samir is only a cure for my loneliness."

"Come with me," I asked my daughter.

She agreed to follow me instantly, with her "medicine" on her tail.

Marine, my wife, was waiting outside, shaking her head reproachfully.

Chantal failed to embrace her mother.

"Chantal, look at the fire," I asked with a firm tone.

Notre-Dame was burning. 10 feet tall fire flames were visible from where we stood.

"Eric is in there, struggling with fire", I told her. "It's not too late for you to come with us.

We can't do much, but at least support him morally."

Chantal teared up a little bit.

"I'm sorry, papa, but I can't. Long time I was afraid he will die until I found these little deaths that Samir was indulging me."

**************

Note:

French people say orgasm are little deaths, so poetic...

Oh, and Marine is a common name for women in France.

**************

I never looked back. I started moving with angry steps without thinking about anything. My wife could hardly keep up with me; she eventually asked me to go slower. We both realized that a chapter has ended.

Then silently, we got as close as we could to Notre-Dame.

The authorities had secured the place, and we were left in the security zone.

It was crowded, never before so many people gathered in the evening.

What I felt it's hard to put into words.

It was more than a cathedral burning, a cathedral enrolled in the patrimonial and gathering 13 million tourists annually; our history was burning.

Notre-Dame was built in the 12th century, at a time when the vast majority of the countries in the world didn't exist, it's a symbol of France.

That night, I didn't sleep.

Second Chapter

With Eric, my son-in-law, I met after two days, at a bar.

"I'm really sorry to say it, but Chantal crossed all limits. It's time for you to divorce", I asked.

He looked at me with big eyes.

"I can't do anything like this."

He was almost crying.

"Don't be afraid, we are on your side. You are to me as a son and that's how you will always remain. Do it for your sons, they can't have a cuckold as a father."

I regretted that I talked out of turn. Lucky enough, he was not paying much attention to what I was talking, he seemed to be devastated.

Eric doesn't have the habit of drinking, but that afternoon he exceeded any limit; at a given moment he could barely stand on both of his feet.

I hardly managed to take him home, it was an ordeal as my powers left me at my age.

When we got into their apartment, I took off his shoes and his coat and put him in bed as he was dressed. Then I called Marine to tell her where I was and that I could not leave him alone in his condition.

Maybe to you, Eric seems to be a wimp. Well, he is a firefighter, a hero who, without thinking twice, throws himself into the fire to save human lives. I refuse to see him as a wimp. He only has a weakness for my daughter, that's all.

Of course, as a father, I'm glad that Chantal has found such a good man, who worships the ground between her legs, but everything must have a limit. The problem is that they have two sons who have barely exceeded the age of the discretion and who could make a wrong picture of how a modern marriage is should look like.

They are asking me if it's something common for husbands to be doormats in the twenty-one century. Name me Caveman if you like, but I strongly disagree with this opinion.

Grant your wives all your love and consideration, share with them the domestic chores, make them happy as they deserve, but never let them push you around if you don't want to lose their respect.

As a grandfather, I don't want my grandsons to turn into cuckolds or worse, it's something natural to look out for them.

Chantal came home in the morning, disheveled and smelled like sex. Probably Samir or some other lover, delivered her much needed anti-loneliness daily dose.

She was really surprised to see me sleeping on the couch.

"You should end this sham," I told her and I left without waiting back for an answer.

Third Chapter

In the middle of May, Eric filed for divorce.

The law does not care about fornication, so Chantal will not receive any official punishment for her deeds. The common assets will be split into half. She is a beautiful and smart woman who could charm any man, and she will always have a good job, so she won't feel a lack of money. A few years from now on, until her body will turn old, she will still be able to benefit from the services of her lovers.

Of course, as a father I don't want to see her without resources, she is my daughter, but I felt the need to administer her a punishment that would really make her suffer and regret.

The best thing was to spank her ass with my belt until it got red, but the law forbids this, so I had to think outside the box.

Next Saturday, me, my wife, my siblings with significant others, all our kids and a few cousins, gathered in their apartment. We could barely breathe even though the air conditioner was on.

Eric and his sons sat in a corner.

I didn't reach for Eric's relatives, as my daughter didn't give a crap about them.

Chantal wasn't home, she only came after lunch. When she saw us, she felt like we were up to something, and asked ironically if we were from the Spanish Inquisition.

"Don't be cheeky with me, girl!" her mother put her back in place.

"You crossed every limit of decency."

"I don't get what you want from me," riposted my daughter. "I did my job as a wife and mother, I raised my sons to adulthood, I did my job. Now I deserve a few years of fun!"

Her statement stunned me like she had a contract over a defined period.

"I will get over your doubtful statement," I answered. "You just can't fool around with your lovers, while your husband is battling ten feet tall flames. As stealing is worst on calamity weather, so is fornication during a fire. You didn't mock only your marriage, but the history of France, and that is something I will never tolerate."

"We love you a lot" interrupted Marine, "but we can't let you go unpunished.

That's why for a three years period, you will be banned from participating at any family reunion!"

Now, this might seem to you like a light, but I can assure you it's not. Our family reunions are renowned, especially when we all gather at the country estate. Does "Savoir Vivre" ring any bells?

Chantal started to weep, but I didn't get impressed, I know that's one of her favorite weapons.

Instead, Eric got very dramatic, he almost asked her to forgive him; I was embarrassed. He was about to stay on his knees to beg us to reduce her penalty. In the end, my daughter got away with only two years ban.

Epilogue

We are in the middle of July 2019, so the divorce trial couldn't come to an end by now. I hope for the sake of my grandsons that Eric won't back his divorce complaint.

However, my wife came to the conclusion:

"I'm sorry to say it, but some men, like my son-in-law, really deserve to be cheated. Wives are instinctively looking for some character traits, if they can't find them at their husbands, they will probably get a lover. I trust my grandchildren will never turn like him."

You might ask if they are indeed Eric's sons. Well... the French law for the family harmony strictly forbids taking a parental DNA testing without a warrant. Those who don't comply are subjected to a penalty of one- year imprisonment and a serious fine.

Eric can't really know the truth. As for me, it doesn't make any difference ... they are my grandsons anyway!

Share this Story

Similar Stories

When One Door Closes... Doing the right thing isn't always the easy way to go.in Loving Wives
Interdiction Wife doesn't like husband's reaction to her planned date.in Loving Wives
Checked Out Arthur checks out when Annie chooses to leave him.in Loving Wives
January Sucks Yet another take on "February Sucks" by GeorgeAnderson.in Loving Wives
Then She Kissed Me Betrayed in the worst way, he makes a comeback.in Loving Wives
More Stories