The First Evil Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The darkness was evil and these people had just made themselves susceptible to it. I don't know what I can do to stop it, if anything can be done to stop it, but I want to try. I can't live or die knowing things like this travesty will continue, not if there's anything I might be able to do to help.

Those lights I'd seen earlier had seemed to push it back or at least stop it from spreading uncontrollably. I needed to be one of those columns of light, the brighter the better.

Approval surrounded me.

Are you done here?

No. I'm not done here. I need to know what those brighter lights were and how do I become one. I needed to do my part to fix this. Philadelphia isn't evil. Five years ago, I left my purse in a cab and when a passerby saw me trying to chase it down and realized what happened she gave me twenty dollars to get home. Five years wasn't enough for the social ethical decline of tonight. I'd fix what I could and I'd take this extra time to see if I could fix some of my own faults and flaws. I needed to be stronger. I needed to be more if this was what my city had become while I was hiding in my house, painting.

Happiness radiated from the presence and, quicker than thought, we were moving. The city flew by in a blur of colored lights and suddenly I could feel my body again. There was a light tingle beneath my entire skin. It took me a second to realize that my heart wasn't beating, I still wasn't breathing and I was alone. I realized I missed that other-worldly masculine aura surrounding me, like I had finally been whole but was now again sundered. I'd never felt the emptiness before until it was filled. Longing not my own filled me and I was euphoric because he was back. It felt different now that I had a body to interpret sensation, more than it had been when I was just insubstantial spirit.

Are you sure? The thought boomed through me like I was a subwoofer. Was I sure? Hell no. But was I staying? Fuck Yeah.

A phantom kiss caressed my forehead setting my entire body on fire like I had been dipped in lava. Deep rumbling laughter vibrated through me with all the force of a tidal wave against the rocks. I felt the shock reverberate through me, starting my heart as I gasped my first breath.

12