The First Little Steps

Story Info
Flirtation and small talk...
988 words
4.28
4.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't see her for the next two days. He assumed she wouldn't be sitting in the shop over the weekend. He went about his business on Saturday and Sunday. Monday afternoon he went back, but he didn't bother buying any coffee. He looked around, saw her sitting at a window table, and went to join her.

"May I join you," he said, smiling at her.

She looked up and returned his smile. "I wish you would."

He sat down.

"No coffee today?" she asked.

He laughed and she responded with one of her own.

"Busted, I guess. I don't often drink coffee in the afternoon, but, well...and this is going to sound a little creepy, I needed an excuse to come back." He had practiced the line. Not a lot but enough so that he could get the pace and timing right. "After last Wednesday, your eyes, well I kept thinking about them, so I bought a couple of cups of coffee. Seemed like a reasonable investment."

"So, today?" she asked.

"No pretense."

"Oh."

"Oh. I find you very attractive, and in our very brief conversations I find you stimulating. I have tested the waters, so to speak, and am ready to, well, go wading I guess would describe it."

She blushed a little.

"I am unattached," he continued, "with a steady income, no dangerous and communicable diseases, have never been convicted of a felony or been judged mentally impaired. I am, unfortunately, very drawn to very pretty woman." He leaned back a little and spread his arms. "That's it, that's my pitch."

She laughed and slowly, lightly clapped her hands. "Very nice. Let's say I'm interested but not ready to sign the papers yet." She stopped clapping. He put his hands on the table.

"So, are you interested in a test drive?"

"Maybe I'll just kick the tires, look under the hood."

"Oh, I see how you are." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table. Their faces were only a few feet apart. "But you know...we're getting ahead of ourselves. We're haven't even determined that you're a qualified buyer."

"Ah," she said, "Let's see. I am also unattached. Never really been attached, if that matters. I also have a steady income and am disease free, no skeletons in my closet. I was, unfortunately, raised in a very sheltered and protective environment. I did not have a wild and exciting youth. I am working to correct that defect."

He nodded his head. "Nicely done. I am impressed, and intrigued."

"As am I?" She leaned in a bit. Their faces were a foot apart. He looked at her. She was even prettier up close. She was wearing a pink oxford blouse, very much like a man's dress shirt. He took a quick glance; she had three buttons open. The skin between her breasts was the same fair, but robust, color as her face. He could see the edges of her brassiere. It was pink, almost the same color as her blouse. Nice, she coordinates her underwear, he thought. He made sure it was just a very quick glance and then looked her in the eye.

"I have an idea. Since this is a safe environment, and despite my flirtation with stalking for the last few days, we have maintained enough privacy and dignity to share more information. Let's sit here, get to know each other, and if it goes well, we can think about a date."

She giggled. He really liked the giggle. "A man with a plan." He just nodded. "I have a plan, too." She said. "You ask me a question, then I ask you a question, then on and on."

He nodded again. "Any rules, any areas off limits? Do we have to answer or can we pass?"

"Hmmm, a wrinkle in my plan." She smiled and licked her lips. As close as they are it was very difficult for him to concentrate. She was exciting him. "Okay. We can decline a question for safety reasons, personal security. I will not give you pin number." She giggled again.

"Fair enough."

"And we can pass on any question, and ask for a replacement. But then we have to answer the replacement."

"My goodness, you do think things out." He wanted to reach out and touch her, maybe run his fingers over her cheek, but he controlled himself. It was all about control. It was about controlling himself and then, eventually, controlling her and her reactions. "And do we have to wait for our next turn for follow-up questions?"

"Oh yes. One question is all. Adds to the excitement and mystery of the game."

"Ohhhh, just for the record, I am pretty excited already." He did reach out, and gently touch her forearm. Then he withdrew it and leaned back, putting some distance between them. She laughed a little. "I'm serious," he said. "Ladies first."

She leaned back a little bit in her chair. "Okay, let's see...what about me first caught you attention?"

"Easy-peezy," he said, "your hair. It is such a rich color, and the cut, and it looks so, well, full. I wanted to come over and run my fingers through it." He smiled.

"Wow," she answered. "Not what I expected."

"I'd ask you what you expected but I'm not wasting my question." They both laughed.

"So ask away?"

"I have two in mind...one I'm really curious about and one that would be fun. Hmmmm. What to do?"

He drummed his fingers on the table. She tilted her head to the left a little, a tiny grin on her face.

"All right, curiosity wins. Is that your natural hair color, or do you, well, enhance it?"

She laughed, very hard. "That's your question? Really?"

"Yes, really."

"It is my natural color. Boy oh boy, that was easy."

He smiled. If only she knew. "Don't worry, they get a lot harder."

(To be continued...)