The Flume at Falcon Rock

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She eased a little closer, and our cheeks grazed. Seconds later her hand moved down from my shoulder, slipped around my waist, and drew my body against hers. She repositioned my left hand next to my other one, behind her back and just above her hips. Laurie looked up at me and smiled, placed her arms around my neck, and nestled her face against mine with a barely audible sigh. Heat was radiating off her skin.

I felt her body mold to mine. Her breasts felt very natural as they flattened against my chest. Our waists and thighs pressed together with just enough freedom below the knees to slowly glide around the dance floor. Laurie's perfume crept into my nostrils as she let her body soften even more, melding to mine in a way that was unavoidably intimate. I struggled to keep my erection from crashing the party. The lyrics from that Sinatra song about a very good year floated through my head: "Small town girls on soft summer nights." But I certainly wasn't seventeen, not by a long shot.

At the end, Laurie gave me a little hug and lifted her head. Her unusual indigo eyes stared into my run-of-the-mill light blue eyes. An enigmatic smile crossed her face as her fingertips lightly touched my cheek.

"Thank-you, Joe. That felt nice. Very natural."

Laurie and I had another round of beers and talked some more. More fast dancing and some more slow dancing. We both seemed to be nourished by the feel of one's body against another's. We were sitting together closer than before, with our adjacent knees gently touching, when I asked her if there were any new restaurants in town I should know about.

She mentioned several, but I was hoping to hear about some healthier breakfast choices.

"So you're not an Egg McMuffin person? Let me think. Oh, did you ever eat at the Whispering Pines Café, about ten miles outside of town?"

"Yeah, I had a summer job took that took me out there, usually every week. I thought that place was all heart attack food."

"They still have that," she explained, "But the owners retired, and their two daughters took over. One went to culinary school and was a chef in Dallas. The other one handles the front of the house. There's been a noticeable upgrade in their quality and selection."

"Well, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out while I'm here." I noticed an involuntary flinch of disappointment cross her face. I quickly corrected myself and squeezed her hand. "Hey, why don't we check it out together?"

Her face brightened. Did I just ask her out on a date? Did I mean to do that? Well, breakfast is no biggie, right? I asked if we could go the next morning.

"No, it's way too busy there on the weekends. We can do it next week. How about Tuesday? Can you pick me up around 7:45? By the time we arrive the ranchers and farmers should be clearing out, but we might miss out on the homemade biscuits.

"I'm staying at my mother's old house. Do you remember where that is? I know it's been awhile since you chauffeured us to our dance classes. Erin can tell you if you don't."

It was time to go, so I offered to walk her to her car. It was her mother's ancient but well-preserved Ford Crown Victoria in a predictably bland color. I took both her hands in mine, unsure of what level of parting affection was appropriate after our slow dancing.

"Laurie, I'll see you Tuesday morning."

I pulled her in for a hug, but she landed an awkward kiss on my cheek that was supposed to be on the lips. She blushed as red as the flowers on her dress and almost seemed ready to cry. I quickly tried to diffuse her embarrassment, caressing her face and apologizing.

"Laurie, that was my fault. I missed my cue. We need a do-over." I kissed her gently on the mouth. "Better?"

She nodded and smiled. A smile with a glimmer of guilt, like a child asking for another cookie.

"Then I get a do-over, too."

Her kiss was lightly sensual. No tongue, but there probably would be the next time. Why was I thinking about a next time? That was just a friendly good-night kiss, wasn't it?

She opened the car door and gave me a final hug.

"That's the most fun I've had in a long time. Thanks for the dance lessons. You have a lot of patience."

I watched her massive vehicle crunch across the gravel parking lot, wondering where this was all headed. My first date ever with one of Erin's friends. Why did I suddenly feel like a teenager again?


Just a Breakfast Date?

The drive over to Laurie's place allowed me some time to think. Was this a real date or merely a couple of folks that have known each other a long time being friendly to each other? When I pulled up to her old house I noticed multiple signs of neglect.

As I stepped inside, Laurie's "hello" kiss felt natural and unforced. I could see numerous pink spots where mosquitos had feasted on her exposed skin, but none of that floored me as much as what she was wearing. Laurie's outfit seemed uncharacteristically fashionable: white linen culottes, a soft blue linen blouse with the sleeves rolled up, and cute wedge sandals. I could see the faint outline of her bra. The shirt's Henley collar exposed her elegant neck to great effect since her hair was pinned up tightly—as usual.

Honestly, I would have been less surprised if she had opened the door dressed like Catwoman. When I touched her shoulder and complimented her on her clothes, I detected a twitch of triumph. I also detected the tell-tale scent of sizing, indicating the clothes were brand-new; but anyone who knew Laurie would have already assumed as much when they saw her dressed like that.

She ushered me through the house toward the back where her car was parked.

"Sorry the place is messy."

I'll say. Boxes and trash everywhere, vacuum cleaner in the middle of the living room, family photos covering the dining room table—just for starters. Her late mother's place was in the sad condition of a typical estate house, just like my parents' was when they passed. Nothing had changed for decades. Ancient appliances and worn vinyl flooring in the kitchen. The carpets and drapes needed cleaning. Knickknacks cluttered every flat surface. The furniture probably hadn't been moved since the day it was brought in.

Laurie pressed the button to raise the garage door. "I'll drive. You may not want to be the captain of an old granny car like the Crown Vic."

* * *

The parking lot of the Whispering Pines Café was mostly filled with pickups. A booth opened up shortly after we arrived. Once Laurie had found what she wanted on the menu, she set it down and looked at me.

"Do you know why I'm back in town?"

"To settle your mother's estate. Aren't you the executor?"

"That's true, but it's a convenient cover story for what the real reason is. Something that would have brought me back here even if my mother was still alive." She took a breath before continuing. "I'm reeling from the devastation of having my engagement broken off. I'd rather get it all out right now so you don't have to tiptoe around it or whisper behind my back."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Part of me doesn't, but you're a fresh listener. I'd been dating this guy for seven years. He asked me to marry him two years ago. We never set a firm date, just kept pushing it out. Then he drops a bombshell on me. He'd accepted a promotion which involved a move to Denver, but didn't include me in the plans. I was devastated. I thought he was the one, we'd grow old together—all that stuff."

"Do you have any idea why?"

"I wish I had some hussy to blame it on. It's worse not having a specific reason. I'm really not ready to start dating again at 44. I dread the thought."

"Did you want kids?"

"Yes and no. Every woman feels the urge, but it's too late now. There were some other potential daddies when I was younger, but perfect is the enemy of the good, or so they say."

"I'd think your prospects would be better a lot better in D.C. than here."

Laurie disagreed, describing the shitty selection of men. "At least half the town is people I find politically despicable. The men are self-important narcissists, married, or gay—not that those categories are mutually exclusive."

She gave me a rundown of her work with a non-profit environmental organization, drafting position papers and grant requests.

"I asked them for a two-month leave to settle the estate. I could stay longer if necessary, plus I could keep up with my work from here part-time."

Laurie put her head in her hands. Her voice started to choke up.

"I'm paralyzed with inertia dealing with the huge mess at the house. I'm an only child and don't have any help. I had to hire a probate attorney to handle the minimum legal filings, but her billing rate is astronomical. I can't imagine why my mother thought I could handle being the executor. I don't know what to sell or keep ..."

She seemed ready to have a meltdown. I reached over and touched her hand.

"Laurie, let Erin and me help you. We had to do all that stuff four years ago when my father died. Not having children makes it simple, actually. You won't have heirs to give things to. Everything is going to end up in the landfill when you die. Keep a small set of your mother and father's personal things that are meaningful to you and get rid of the rest: throw out, donate, or sell. We can give you some names of people who do appraisals and estate sales.

"And I can look over your financials and tax records. I have an accounting background, but you'll ultimately need a local C.P.A. to do the serious work and the tax filings."

Laurie listened appreciatively. "This means so much to me, your offering to help. I hate to say this, but I'm a little disappointed in Erin. She knew why I was in town but hasn't reached out to help."

Laurie wiped a tear from her cheek and reached over to take my hand in hers. The moment didn't last long.

"Watch out! These plates are hot," warned our server as she slammed down our food—including some homemade biscuits.

We took a break from the unpleasant topics and focused on our meals. Laurie was right, the new chef had done an excellent job in upgrading the menu without disappointing their faithful customers. I even sensed there was a burgeoning hipster patronage in the mix of customers. As we settled into our after-meal coffees, I felt I should share some things about my recent relationship history.

"You understand, of course, that you're only going to get my side of the story. Like you, I don't know why she broke it off. That's why I wanted to get away from my usual surroundings and have some time to think about it. Maybe I've got one or more flaws that should be addressed before I ruin an otherwise promising prospect during the early months of dating."

"Can't Erin give you an honest sit-down if there are things that need to be fixed? She would know you best."

"She's too preoccupied with problems at her business to listen to my whining. Besides, I've been away for years. She hasn't kept up with the blow by blow of my romantic relationships. Hell, you'd be just as helpful as she would."

"I'd be happy to listen to what you have to say. To give you an independent female perspective. It's the least I can do to return the favor of your assisting me with the estate."

Honestly, I was half joking when I threw that out there, but Laurie seemed sincere about helping with my relationship problems. Maybe I could do the same for her. Try to find out why she's been unlucky in love.

Our talk abruptly shifted to more pedestrian matters as a fiery wall of humidity greeted us when we stepped outside.

"Holy shit, this heat! And it's not even 9:00 yet," I moaned. "Maybe we should go swimming while we're here."

Our best option was the large outdoor pool at Willow Creek Park. It had been there at least since my parents were children. The park was free, but you had to pay to use the pool. It looked like any other developed swimming area with all the usual amenities like lockers, snack bar, and lifeguards. However, the pool was fed by insanely cold spring water. Even on the hottest days it's a real jolt to your senses when you first dive in.

"I haven't been there in years," Laurie said, "but I'm sure it's still open. I've seen some items about it in the local paper since I've been back. I'll need to meet with those estate sale people tomorrow, so we can go Thursday."

* * *

When I got home Erin teased me mercilessly about having a third date so quickly with Laurie.

"No, it's only two," I countered, "And both during daylight hours. Merely crossing paths with her at the concert doesn't count."

Erin wanted to firm up my birthday plans. I told her there was no good live music on that night without driving to Dallas, which I didn't want to do.

"How about this: there's a pop-up outdoor movie theater in front of City Hall every Sunday evening during the summer. They erect a portable screen, and the crowd brings lawn chairs. There's also a good mix of various food trucks. I suppose you're bringing Laurie? Seems like this is getting serious. This would be the third official date in what ... a week?"

"Erin, it's just two lonely people trying to regain their footing emotionally and socially after a tough breakup."

"Please use protection. Don't get her pregnant. She might want to keep the baby. It's her last chance."

"I ... I don't think we're headed in that direction." Heck, I couldn't even conjure up a decent mental image of my giving Laurie a good seeing-to as she's down on all-fours. Sure, we'd had a little fun together and shared some of our respective woes, but Laurie still seemed like a person who was a little too uptight and prim to be appearing in my sexual fantasies. However, there was the matter of those new clothes she had on that morning ...

"Here's what I'd like to do. Eat dinner at Post Oak Barbecue and play mini golf at FunLand. Ed's going to be back by then, right?

"Yes, he's returning late the night before. Looks, like we're doing a double date then."

FunLand was an old, family-owned amusement park. They had endured some lean years, closed for a while, but reopened just in time to enjoy the backlash against the tightly controlled experience at corporate theme parks like Six Flags. Retro was in, and FunLand had that in spades. It was carny and edgy, like they all used to be before Disneyland ruined it.


Goin' Swimmin':

When I picked up Laurie at her house for the swimming date, she greeted me wearing a simple turquoise tank dress for a cover-up. She also sported a floppy straw hat, oversized sunglasses, and whimsical Kate Spade slides with miniature fruit appliques. The only reason I recognized her sandals was because Erin has a similar pair. Laurie looked unusually chic again. Her hair was tightly pinned up, of course; but I wondered if she would actually get in the water, maybe even loosen her hair—which I'd never seen her do.

After paying the admission to the pool, we sought out a shady area to lay out our towels. I had brought a picnic jug filled with iced sangria wine for later since the park didn't allow alcohol, but I wanted to wait until after our swim before we started drinking.

Laurie lifted the turquoise dress, revealing a very eye-catching skirted one-piece bathing suit with a surplice front, shirred midriff, and thin shoulder straps. It's shimmery, steely gray fabric added an extra touch of class. It fit her like a glove, new curves and all.

"Wow, Laurie, that's an amazing bathing suit. Very retro glamour. You look great in it. Ooops ... there's still a tag on it. Let me get my knife and cut it off."

I had to slip my fingers up under the edge of her swimsuit to make sure I didn't cut the fabric. I don't know how much the suit cost, but it didn't look like it came from Wal-Mart. Again I was putting my fingers in places they had never been before on Laurie Quinn's body.

"Did you drive all the way to Dallas to get this?"

She didn't answer my question but claimed she no longer fit in her old suit.

"Didn't fit? You look like you're the same weight as you've always been."

"I am mostly, but the old one didn't fit in the bust anymore. I looked like some Hooters waitress spilling over the top."

I carefully snipped the thin plastic strand holding the tag while contemplating the absurd image of schoolmarm Laurie Quinn posing in a Hooters crop-top with a pitcher of beer in each hand and a come-hither smile on her face—and her hair pinned up.

"I'll bet your sister thought I had gotten breast augmentation surgery. I saw her staring at my chest at the grocery store, like some guy."

"She did mention that she hadn't seen you in a while."

"My doctor says it's normal to experience unexpected breast growth for a woman approaching ..."

The word "menopause" was stuck in her throat.

"Approaching the end of her fertile years?" I offered.

"That's a good way to put it." Laurie ran her hands over her breasts. "I would have liked them firmer, but I guess I'm lucky to get bigger up top. And my rear, which needed some filling out, too. I've been waiting thirty years for this to happen. They won't be much use to me now."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. You're going back into the dating pool eventually, right?"

A sad look crossed her face when she contemplated the unpleasant thought of throwing herself into the madness of post-40 courtship. I tried to cheer her up.

"At least you didn't have to wear a bra all those years."

"Not so, I've got some serious 'headlights'."

"You mean you can't walk down the frozen food aisle in the grocery?"

"Yeah, huge 'pokies.' Like I dropped two big marbles in my sweater. I need to wear heavily padded bras to hide them. I was always worried about disappointing a man when he sees how little of me is inside the bra. Honestly, I hope they don't get any bigger. I've got a drawer full of new bras that I'm barely fitting into as it is."

"This may not sound very feminist, but I'm actually enjoying having fuller breasts. I was so flat before. Now I can at least fill out clothes properly."

Roger that. Her bathing suit was a prime example, although I wouldn't mind seeing her in the old one, too.

"I like my body the way it is now, but I'm still terrified thinking about stripping down in front of a new man. It's always been lights off for me."

I couldn't resist responding to her comment. Boy, did she leave herself wide-open.

"Sounds like you need to find a nude beach somewhere. That might cure you of that hang-up. Seems like you're confident enough in your appearance now to experience a 'clothing optional' setting."

"Nice try, Joe, but there's no way I'm going to flash you and a bunch of other people just to convince myself I feel better about my body now."

That sounded like a "no," but she had an odd look on her face after she said it. Like she might actually be thinking about it.

We started applying sunscreen. She offered to get my back, and I reciprocated; but it was about as sexy as putting a bandage on Erin's skinned knee when she was little. An unexpected silence overtook both of us. Laurie finally spoke up.

"Joe, I've known you for years, and I know your sister very well, but I hardly 'know' you at all. Only what I've heard from Erin. This creates an interesting dynamic. I'm curious to see what we talk about today. We've got plenty of time."

I figured I might as well get started and shake things up right away. I knew there was a nude sunbathing spot in Willow Creek Park. It was upstream and outside of the official pool area, high atop an outcropping that overlooked the pool and the surrounding area. It was called Falcon Rock, and it was notoriously difficult to climb up there. During my youth I spent many a day at Falcon Rock, enjoying the naked bodies of free-spirited women.

"Speaking of nude sunbathing, do they still do that up on Falcon Rock?" I asked Laurie innocently.