The Forbidden Fruit Ch. 02

Story Info
A continuation of Remi and Jesse's story as requested.
4.6k words
4.27
11.4k
3

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/24/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Okay, so I admit. It was dirty, rotten, and sneaky what I was doing. Trent or Jesse's girlfriend still didn't know what was going on, even after a week of Jesse and I being together. The worst part was that most of this was on Jesse's hands- he was the one who would suffer losing a best friend and a relationship with his girlfriend because of me. I was never the girl who would deliberately go behind someone's back and ruin a good relationship- not to mention two at the same time.

Nights after Jesse was asleep in my bed, I'd shower, finish my upcoming deadlines and just think. I would think about the way Jesse made love to me, hot, passionate sex. Sex that deeply connected us to a level of understanding no one else could but us. We began to form a secret world, one of which not even Monica and Jenny knew of, as I had less and less to say about it the more I talked with them.

I knew eventually what was our flimsy, hidden world would be discovered and nothing would be left but ruins and bonds we both were responsible for breaking. With each passing night after intense love-making, I could feel myself start to be irritated, and resentfully dreaded becoming that girl every guy hated: the Nagging Girl. That was the last thing I wanted to be. Every time Jesse and I were in each other's arms, I would think about the moment it would all be ruined when his sobbing girlfriend would call me on the phone and ask me why I was in the middle of their love nest.

I also couldn't seem to further myself into a deeper connection with Jesse unless I became the Nagging Girl. I would hold my breath every time I thought of saying what I knew we were both thinking: "When are you going to break up with her?" I didn't want to push the issue, but I also didn't want to be responsible for the mess I'd have to pick up later. Of course, if I did mention it, we would have to bring up the subject to Trent, something that would not be easy to do.

With an unselfish perception of not wanting anyone to get hurt came a very covetous feeling for Jesse to be all mine. It was almost more overwhelming than my conscience. My mind began to wonder questions I dared not think about: How did Jesse and Sarah make love? How did Jesse treat her? Did he ever think of me when he was with her? Had he even seen her lately?

As Jesse and I sat on his couch in his cozy apartment, watching the blaring television(nothing was on in particular), my irritation nearly rose to the surface as I struggled to chain the feeling up and distribute it in a mature matter.

"Jesse," I cooed, stroking the side of his beautiful face with my finger. He looked at me and smiled, putting an arm around me. I sighed comfortably and leaned my head against the side of his rippled chest. His leftover cologne was still faintly on his warm skin.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He complimented in an easy-going, husky voice, running his fingers through my brown hair. It depleted my irritated feeling but replaced it with a discomfort of how to bring up the subject.

I kissed him on the cheek and got to my feet, carrying our glasses to the sink. This would make it so I didn't have to concentrate so hard while pacing back and forth in front of him. "You know, when you were going to the bathroom earlier..."

"Mm-hmm," he replied sweetly.

"There was a message on the answering machine from Sarah." I squeezed my eyes shut, facing the kitchen sink and preparing myself for what was to come next.

"Oh," he said, and I was unsure if he would finish his sentence or not. Obviously it was not the conversation he wanted to be having.

"Jesse," I repeated, getting irritable. "I hate to be the jealous type, but honestly, two-sided relationships aren't really my thing. I mean, there's the getting hurt, and yes, the jealousy, I admit... and it's not like I want you all to myself- well, no, I do, but..."

"Shh," Jesse comforted me, putting a finger to my lips. He bent down to kiss me, and my mind went fuzzy. He was dancing around the subject, and putting up a good fight to do so. I pulled myself away from him.

"Have you even talked to Sarah since last month when we started this whole mess?" I questioned, concern on my face.

"Remi," he said my name softly.

"Please tell me you're not that guy who's too chicken shit to break up with your own girlfriend." I hated everything about that statement, the fact that I was one of those girls, the ones my old boyfriends would be with when I wasn't around to know about it. Yes, it was a tough situation, but he couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't do this anymore, and I wanted the proof that Jesse and I would work out.

Jesse closed his eyes and rubbed his thumb and forefinger on his forehead. "Remi...it's been a month. It's too early. I just want us to be for awhile, ok?" His hands were on my shoulders as he kissed my neck.

The next day, my own unofficial rulebook of relationship experience kicked in. Rule # 57 of Dr. Remi's Dating Advice: If he's cheating with you, he's most likely to cheat on you when you make it exclusive. Rule # 87: Honey, this is one start to another crappy one. This is not just "seeing" him- no way. If this guy's as obsessed with you as you are of him, 80% chances are that he's unhappy and just enjoying the thrill of his escape from his own relationship.

I tossed and turned, finally deciding to get up and two-way call my friends for guidance. I decided to call Jenny, since she was the most unforgiving and hardest to get through after you've given her the cold shoulder for awhile. "Hello?" Jenny responded as she picked up the phone.

"Hey," I replied. "It's me."

"Remi? Wow, how long has it been, a year?"

"Sorry, Jen," I apologized. I hadn't realized how into this situation with Jesse I was. "I've been caught up in some deadlines..."

"Oh, bullshit, Remi. Jesse's got your full attention now- we're not stupid. Glad you finally called since you have the time," she threw in sarcastically.

I said nothing. She was right.

Jenny huffed out a long, slow breath, taking time to start her next sentence. "I'm sorry, Remi. I've just been so frustrated with you not letting me in and all. I mean, Monica and I did help you get him."

"I know," I said truthfully. "I really am grateful."

"Aww, we love you anyway," Jenny said, getting back to her usual cheerful spirit. " And I'm glad you took our advice and you still look sexy. So how are things with Jesse anyway, if I'm ok to ask?"

"Yes, it's fine," I assured. "You asking me, I mean. Hey, I kind of wanted to do a two-way call with you and Monica. Would that be ok?"

"Sure, if you can reach her. I called and she hasn't been answering the phone. I wonder if she went out with that Bryan guy? She kept talking about him yesterday."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. She's probably sleeping with him at the moment," I grumbled.

"More than likely. Now it's just me who needs some action. I guess I'm kind of jealous of you and Monica," Jenny joked.

"Ha," I retorted. "If anything, Monica is the only lucky one right now." I sank into Jesse's couch grimly. He was away at work, so I could be free to talk about anything I wanted at the moment.

"Why? What's going on? He's not having sex with you anymore?"

"Oh, believe me, we are," I said matter-of-factly. "But it's that girlfriend thing that's driving me up the wall."

"Well, it's only been a month, right? Give it time."

"That's what he said," I muttered. "But that's the thing, Jen. He's been cheating on his girlfriend- for a month. And the last thing I want to do is go all unworthy cheater girl on him and claim him as rightfully mine. But it's the hiding around that annoys me. If I'm with him, I should be 'that cool girl Jesse shows off to his friends', not 'that bitch who's sneaking around with Sarah's boyfriend."

"No one knows, though, so technically you're not a bitch."

I chuckled. "You know what I mean, Jen. I don't want to be ashamed of us anymore. I want to be able to see him with the freedom and without the worrying about his girlfriend walking into his apartment one day. That's it- that's what I want. No dirty little secret, and no more sneaking around."

"Yeah, that does make sense," Jenny replied thoughtfully. "Why don't you give him an ultimatum?"

"It just doesn't make sense to leave him for that, though, considering it's my fault."

"Yeah, but don't you think she deserves to know what's going on? He may be ok with cheating, but that doesn't mean you're not ok with it. And that he has to hurt someone he loves."

I cringed at those last words. "Please don't say that. Hey, ya know, this is funny coming from a person who does a lot of sneaking around with girls' boyfriends," I snorted.

"What can I say? I've been caught many a time in this situation. Now it's my turn to pass my thoughts on to you- either ignore it, leave him, or tell her yourself, because he won't."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked unsurely.

"Honey, people who cheat- want it all. Unfortunately they can't have both without their significant other soon finding out about it. He'll never tell her if he can keep going through with it."

"I guess you're right," I concluded.

"Just do him a little favor and warn him if you do tell her. That may help encourage him to break up with her instead of her finding out from a stupid bimbo. No offense."

I laughed. "None taken. I'd hate me too." We said bye and I thought about the situation for a long time. How nice it would be to just be with him, no strings attached. How nice it would be to even just be 'seeing each other' and not me having to be his secret mistress. I settled on visiting Sarah's house. It was against Jenny's advice, but I intended to go without telling Jesse.

I had known where her house was because of the fact that Trent and I had visited a few times before, with Jesse being there. I was halfway to her house when I got an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach and had to turn back. It wasn't my place to tell her- after all, I'd be the "stupid bimbo" Jenny was referring to. I had to call Jesse or break it up.

Just as I reached for my phone, however- it rang. "Hello?"

It was Monica. "Hey, girl! What's up?"

"Not much," I replied. "Just struggling with my conscience. I was heading over to Sarah's house to confess what was going on."

"Ooh," Monica said, as if she had just watched someone fall face first on the sidewalk.

"Exactly," I concurred. "I decided it wouldn't be such a good idea after all. I'm thinking about just breaking it off. I don't know if I can deal with being his little mistress any longer. It kind of stings."

"Imagine how she feels," Monica's stern voice came out clearly through the receiver.

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Anyway, Remi, I'd love to give some input on this Jesse thing but I have something disappointing to tell you."

"Oh, no," I said. "What is it?"

"Remember last month, right before this fling with Jesse started, and you had to go to Trent's house to get your things?"

"Ugh, yes," I said. "Which I hopefully got everything of this time."

Monica was quiet.

"Hello? Monica? Ya there?"

"Remi, that jewelry box is still-

I turned my car around and stopped her. "Don't. Don't say another word. I know exactly what you're going to say." I groaned in exasperation. "Shit!"

How is it that I had gotten everything out of Trent's house and not that necklace? I had gotten it for my 21st birthday when my aunt came to the area to visit, who was quite well off. The necklace was small and silver, with a heart locket attached to it. In the middle of that locket encrusted on it was a diamond. Small, but genuine. On the back, my name had been engraved on it.

I had to go back and get it. Damn, I thought bitterly. One more reason to once again go to Trent's house. As if I weren't stressed enough already.

"I hate to ask, Monica, but can you come with me? I don't want to go in there and get it myself. I'd rather not see him."

"Yeah, sure, Remi. No problem. I'll get it for you."

I was thinking about the words I'd say to Trent as I drove to pick up Monica. It was only going to be one stop and back, so I offered to pick her up for doing me this favor, instead of her wasting gas money.

"Seriously, I forgot my necklace," I said aloud as I pictured the scene. I made an annoyed face and mock scoffed. "You know how important it is to me."

Monica saw me pulling up and got into the car. We drove over, talking on the way about her latest catch, Bryan, and pulled into the parking lot. "Okay," I ran through it again. "Just get the necklace for me and we'll be on our way. Simple enough."

"Right," Monica said, nodding. "Be right back."

I watched as Monica slammed to door and jogged up to Trent's apartment. In the distance, she knocked on the door, standing in silence as she waited for Trent to open it. I went through my phone and read some text messages. Looking up, I saw that Monica was still standing there. That was odd. I had recognized Trent's car in the parking lot as we pulled up. Fuming, I looked in my contacts to call Monica on her cell phone to tell her to forget about it. He always did this. He always ignored people, whether it was on the phone or someone blatantly knocking on his door. Even when Trent was there, he still avoided everyone.

Before I pressed "Send", Monica was inside Trent's house. Whew. Good, I thought, glad Trent wasn't being a dick this time. A few minutes later, Monica came out looking shocked and distressed at the same time. She returned to my car with... nothing.

"What happened?" I drilled her curiously.

She sat there, stunned in the passenger's seat and turned my car off. "You have to come inside."

"What? No! I thought we agreed on this. Why? Did he want me to?"

Monica shook her head. "Please, Remi, just trust me."

She grabbed my hand and yanked me urgently in the direction of Trent's apartment. The door was slightly cracked open.

"Is he in there or what?"

"He's- he's peeing!" she hissed. "Now come on!"

"Great, that's just great, Monica. I came here to watch Trent pee." I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

She silently wedged a toe in the door and moved it open so we could get inside his apartment. When we were inside and Trent wasn't in sight, I looked at the bathroom, which had the light off and was opened. No one was in there.

"Okay, he's not in there. What's going on, Monica?"

And then- I heard it. A load moan echoed through the house and made me jump.

"Eew- Monica!" I whispered harshly. "Why the hell are we still here?"

Ignoring me, she tiptoed to the door. It was open a crack, and I saw everything. Trent was bare-ass naked, fucking what appeared to be a pair of legs dangling over his bed.

I closed my eyes and started to walk away as the moaning continued in a constant, rhythmic pattern. "I did not need to see this, Monica. Let's go!"

"Remi, she's wearing your necklace!" Monica hissed.

"What?" I blinked.

There she was, as Trent conveniently moved over to the side so I could see her- pink nipples exposed freely, belly button stretched, shaved pussy with Trent inside of her- wearing my necklace.

"Bitch!" I cried angrily, though it had less of an effect as a whisper. Over Trent's force against the bed and her moaning, they wouldn't have heard us anyway. I looked at them again. "He was pretty good in bed," I confirmed to Monica as she continued watching, wide-eyed.

"Want some popcorn?" She teased.

"Oh, my god!" I realized.

"What? I was kidding."

"No! That's Sarah!"

"What!?" Monica cried, confused. "Are you positive?"

I felt as if I were about to throw up. "Yup, that's her..." I should have felt good about this. It should have made me feel less like a skank, running around with Jesse, but it only made me feel worse for some reason. True, my situation wasn't much better, but I had just started sleeping with Jesse a month ago. I wondered how long this had been going on behind Jesse's back. Or mine.

Sarah's moaning got a little further apart, and I could tell she was cumming. Just as Trent pulled out of her and came on her stomach and all over her breasts, Monica and I departed, forgetting our mission all together.

I wondered how I would break the news to Jesse as I got home. Would it be smarter if I didn't say anything? I lied on my bed after a good shower, thinking the situation over, and soon fell asleep. It was midnight when I woke up with a knock on my door. Jesse was outside my door, a grin on his face. "Hello, beautiful," he said, engulfing me in a hug and kissing me on the cheek.

"Ooh, nothing but a robe on." Jesse smiled, playfully pulling at my robe belt.

"No," I said, almost too seriously.

He must have noticed the anxiousness in my voice because he said, "What's wrong, babe?" When I didn't answer, he pressed on. "Come on, tell me what's on your mind."

"Am I your mistress?" I asked. I wanted to see where he really stood with Sarah, to let him know she had hurt him too.

He laughed. "No, are you crazy!? Look, we didn't really talk this morning. I know I was dodging the question, but I like where we are now."

"I know you do," I said uncertainly.

"If you're going to break up with Sarah, you should break up with Trent, too. We all did a good job of screwing you two's friendship up."

He laughed, a little confused. "What? Listen, Trent's over you, alright? He's already seeing other people. He'll come to accept it in time. He knows you two will never get back together. You're just going to have to be friends-

"Jesse, he's seeing Sarah."

He stopped. "What...?" He said weakly. I don't even think he was in the same room with me at that minute.

"He's seeing Sarah," I repeated. "It was pretty wrong of us to do this, but for one thing, I already broke up with Trent, and for another thing, from the looks of it they may have been doing this longer than us."

"From the looks of it? What does that mean?" Jesse demanded.

"I stopped at his house to get something I left there. We saw them."

"What, you saw them fucking?" Jesse said sardonically.

"Yes," I replied.

Suddenly, Jesse laughed loudly, almost maniacally. "What the hell kind of shit is this?" I could tell he was hurt, but I couldn't tell if he was angry or indifferent.

"I'm going to call him," he said, glancing at me to see if I were joking.

Instead I just said, "Ask him where my necklace was this evening. It was around her neck when we walked in on them. It was supposed to be in a jewelry box."

Jesse shook his head. "This is unbelievable."

I sat on my couch, reading a book as I waited patiently for Jesse to return. I began to get worried when the time drew later and later. Finally, Jesse appeared an hour later, looking sunken and worn out. He sat next to me on the couch. Our shoulders touched, and we were quiet for a long time, until he finally spoke.

"The necklace was next to his night stand. 'Right where you left it,'" he quoted. "He did have to wonder why I brought that up."

Before I was about to return the conversation, he kept going. "I cheated on Sarah. But you were right. He had been doing this for a long time. He finally broke down and told me. He's a good friend. I just can't believe he's been going behind my back. I was more disappointed about that. But I have no room to talk. I told him it was no big deal- I'd been making love to the girl that he still wasn't over, and that I've liked her ever since we met."

I was confused. Jesse had said Trent was over me. Maybe it wasn't a long enough time frame.

He smiled at me, almost peacefully. "So I guess that makes us even."

It was three in the morning when we made love. I had heard that 3:00 was the most peaceful time in the world- all accept for when we went into the living room and Jesse went over to play my drum set. "Shh!" I snarled. "You're going to wake up the neighbors and they're going to call the cops on us!"

12