The Game Ch. 04 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly and without warning Mary began a cathartic soliloquy that seemed to pour out of her.

“I just don’t know how to talk sense to her, Sara. It’s like she doesn’t hear me at all and doesn’t care. She thinks she is going to run off and become a famous photographer without any training, and I am so afraid of what might happen to her if she leaves and tries to make it on her own this young. You know how stubborn she is. I keep picturing her on the streets, hungry and tired, not willing to come home. I only want the best for her, and she acts like I hate her. I hate being the bitch in this scenario, but she HAS to go to college. She needs to learn what life is like. She is too young to be off trying to make it on her own without more education. I’m sorry you had to see this, but you do see that I am right don’t you?”

My sister sat staring at me waiting for my answer. The seconds of silence between us seemed like hours, and I remembered Mary’s own post adolescent time frame when she was as stubborn and rebellious as ten Rachels. It suddenly occurred to me that perhaps she was trying to shield her daughter from the pain she found at that age, but was only succeeding in driving a wedge between herself and Rachel.

I took a sip of wine as I carefully considered my response to my sister whom I loved dearly.

“I am not sure what’s right or wrong sis, but I know you love Rachel and only want the best for her.” I said testing the waters carefully.

“What the hell does that mean?”, my sister angrily spat at me. “Are you saying you think she should do this? Is that it? You can’t even know what you are talking about. You don’t have children.” She raged channeling her anger at me and standing up aggressively.

My own temper found itself at her words and I stood and shot back, “I didn’t say that Mary so before you start putting words in my mouth why don’t you sit the fuck down and remember what you were like at that age. Remember I was there. I remember the fights between you and Mom. You thought you were so high and mighty and knew everything as I recall. You even ran away at 18 to follow the Grateful Dead or some bullshit like that or at least that’s what you said. You’re not perfect and 18 is a bitch of an age for a girl. We at least ought to be able to agree on that. For God sakes and Rachel’s sake get a hold of yourself. She’s not on drugs, she doesn’t fuck every guy in Illinois for attention (like someone I remember), and she is basically a good kid. She’s confused about her future, scared, and God damn it she needs her mother. Don’t confuse her childhood with yours. I am not saying she is right, and I certainly don’t condone her disrespect of you. She needs a good kick in the ass for what she said just now, but the bigger issue is why she said it. She is frustrated and needs you and right or wrong she doesn’t think you are there for her. She needs you Mary, and she always will. You are right, I am not a parent and will never understand your relationship, but because I am not a parent, her parent, I can see you two are so mad at each other you can’t see how much you need each other. So get over your damn self. I will bet you right now she is upstairs crying and regretting the last ten minutes of her life. You two love each other, but what has gotten into both of you, I will never fucking figure out.”

We both stared glowering at each other in silence until we tears began to form in both of our eyes. I reached out to my sister and hugged her and she hugged me back hard breaking down into cathartic sobs.

I held her for a minute or two until we both were under more control and sat down at the table again in an unspoken mutual apology. “Shit sis, I am sorry. Its been a long few weeks with Rachel. She is so young and I am so afraid for her.” Mary said with glistening eyes.

“She’s not that young anymore Mary. She is 18 and desperately wanting to try to make it on her own. Does she really not want to go to college, or is she really just trying to rebel from you and Richard?”, I asked.

“I honestly don’t know anymore Sara. We have not been talking as much as we have been screaming.”, she replied honestly.

“Why don’t you let me talk to her.”, I suggested.

“Okay, but she is not easy to talk to when she gets something in her head. She is so damn stubborn.”, Mary replied.

“Sounds familiar,” I said with a smile. And for the first time since I arrived my sister grinned genuinely.

“I suppose so.” she said.

**********

Rachel’s bedroom was at the end of the hall upstairs. I climbed the carpeted stairway and followed the wide hall down to her door. I knocked gently and did not wait for a response before gently opening the door and saying, “Hey kid it’s me. Got a minute for your Aunt.”

I peered into the room. Rachel was sitting Indian style on her bed with a large pillow held in front of her. She was hugging it to her body and tears streaked her face.

“Hey kiddo,” I said entering the room and closing the door behind me gently. “Rough night?” I asked.

“Yeah I guess you could say that. I’m sorry I said that in front of you, but I just sorta snapped. She doesn’t understand at all.” Rachel said as new tears formed on the corners of her eyes.

I smiled at her gently and sat on the edge of her bed. “Don’t worry about it kiddo, I have heard the f-word once or twice before, but I think it hurt your mom’s feelings.”

Anger flashed across Rachel’s face once more reminding me of the wicked temper she wielded, but it died as quickly as it came and she once again appeared sad and tired. “Well my feelings are hurt too Aunt Sara. She is being totally unreasonable and she doesn’t understand what I want, and it feels like she doesn’t care about what I want. This is my life not hers and she seems to want to live it for me. I am so tired of her bullshit.” Rachel ranted and I let her vent the frustration she was feeling until it was all out of her.

“Well I suppose no mother ever really understands hun, but believe me your mother has been there.”

Rachel stared at me with the unspoken question I had put in front of her hanging like bait for a trap. Rachel wasn’t stupid, and she knew that to ask me what I meant was to let me have an opportunity to convince her that her mother was quite possibly a human being after all. I waited in silence, our eyes locked, as Rachel decided if she wanted to talk this out or just go on being mad. Eventually curiosity or reason got the best of her.

“What do you mean?” she asked tentatively.

“Well your mother was once your age, and I was there through the whole time. Your grandmother, our mother, was a lot like your mother is now.”, I began.

“Oh and I suppose I am a lot like she was then right?”, Rachel spat at me convinced she saw where I was going.

I simply smiled until the anger died again and said, “Oh no Rachel, you are a saint compared to what your mother was like. You have no idea the hell she put our family through.”

Rachel stared open mouthed at me trying to wrap her mind around the fact that her mother could have ever done anything remotely interesting or “wrong”.

“Yeah right. What did she do when she was my age? Get a B on her report card?” Rachel asked viciously.

“Well it was a little more serious than that hun, but if you want to go on being a spoiled smart ass I can leave now.” I said, my own temper flaring a bit.

Rachel brooded for a minute and finally said, “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to take it out on you, but it’s kind of hard to believe that Mom was anything like me when she was young.”

“Well she wasn’t anything like you really. She was a whole lot worse. She was headstrong, impossible to talk to, out of control, convinced she knew everything, and made a lot of bad choices.”, I said.

Rachel stared at me agape as I continued.

“Your mother met a guy when she was your age. Actually she was a year or two younger when they met and the trouble started. He was a few years older than her, and she was convinced they were in love. She was staying out too late, smoking too much pot, drinking too much beer, and having way to much sex with too many people. She almost failed out of her last year of high school. Our mother tried to put a stop to it, but it only drove your mother farther away. As I recall she was very fond of telling your grandmother that “she didn’t understand her at all”. She was of course wrong, but she never saw it. Well not soon enough anyway. When she was 18 she moved out and spent a year following a band around the country doing god knows what. I was still at home at the time, and our mother cried every night she was gone. I think your mother finally realized that she was in too deep when she went to jail because that nice boy she was with was selling LSD at a concert and got busted. He of course told the cops that your mother was involved so both your mom and boyfriend went to jail. She called home the next day for bail. We drove all day and finally got her out that night and drove her home. She looked awful. It was like seeing a POW when they get home from war. She was too thin and had a distant look in her eyes like someone who has seen some unspeakable things. If I saw her on the street I am not sure I would have even recognized her. But she came home. Thank God. I think that night she finally grew up a little and got out of life she was leading. She cleaned up, sobered up, and got an education. Eventually she met your father and built a wonderful life for herself complete with a wonderful daughter. But a lot of her friends were not so lucky. Do you realize that 80% of the people she used to hang around are dead or in prison? So you see Rachel, if your mom gives you a little bit of a hard time or seems a little strict with you, its not because she doesn’t understand; its because she understands a little more than most people ever will. It’s up to you kid, but you may want to cut her some slack.”

Rachel looked at me dumbfounded. It was like a mask was peeled off her face taking a layer of childhood innocence with it. It physically hurt me to see her transformation of understanding, but sometimes understanding is the first step toward growing up as much as it sucks to watch.

“My mom smoked pot?” she asked incredulously.

I smiled at her and nodded, “Bags of it honey.”

Before Rachel could ask anymore questions there was a light knock at the door and my sister came into the room tentatively as if Rachel might throw something at her at any moment. She looked at us sitting on the bed. “Everything ok in here?”

Both Rachel and I nodded. “Just having girl chat.” I said afraid of what Rachel might reveal about what I had just told her.

“Well I am going to bed and just wanted to say goodnight. It’s been a long day.” Mary said beginning to retreat from the room not knowing what else to say. The tension she felt was palpable.

I nudged Rachel as her mother turned away from us and finally Rachel spoke, “Uh Mom…” she began.

Mary turned back to her daughter. “Yes Rachel.”

“Um… I’m sorry for what I said to you downstairs. I didn’t mean it. I was angry and well I’m sorry.”

Mary stood there for a moment staring at her daughter. Rachel fidgeted uncomfortably not knowing if her apology would result in another fight or if her mother would let her transgression go.

The answer was self evident as tears welled in my sister’s eyes and she sobbed, “I’m sorry too honey. I am just scared for you. I only want the best for you.”

Rachel’s tears came back as well as the two moved together and hugged each other fiercely. I slipped quietly from the room as I was beginning to feel like a voyeur of raw emotion. I went to my room as mother and daughter found each other again and hopefully began to rebuild their relationship.

**********

That night I talked to Ron briefly on the phone before retiring. I was irritated I had not heard from him before I left and although he technically had two more days to get me his fantasy, I would not be home before midnight on Sunday so he would miss the deadline. We spoke cordially about nothing and after giving him ample opportunity to reveal his fantasy to me, we hung up awkwardly. “Son of a Bitch”, I thought. I looked forward to getting his letter every day of this month and I was surprised at how disappointed I was. I myself had fantasized a thousand things and was enjoying the torment my imagination was putting me through, knowing that it would all end by the end of the month. Now it appears I would be disappointed.

I began to get ready for bed and suddenly realized I had left my toiletry case at home in my haste to get on the road. “Fuck”, I thought as I stood in the middle of the room in nothing but my panties. My toiletry bag had my toothbrush and other toiletries that could easily be replaced, but not my clean underwear, socks, and my pajamas.

I quickly threw on my blouse, sans bra, and my work slacks that I had worn on the trip and went in search of my sister. I knocked lightly at her door which was adjacent to mine, and she opened it a crack. I immediately noticed the scent of jasmine and the soft glow of candlelight that backlit her silhouette. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to realize I had interrupted a romantic moment between husband and wife. My face went crimson and I stammered, “Sorry sis, just wanted to know if you had an extra toothbrush. I forgot mine. Forget it. I will see you in the morning.”

I started back down the hallway feeling like an ass. She followed me pulling the door closed behind her. She was in a skimpy nightgown that left little to the imagination. Her breasts were full and her nipples were obviously erect through the sheer nightgown. She caught my arm in her hand and said, “Hey don’t worry about it. Of course I have an extra toothbrush.”

I followed her thong covered ass to the guest bathroom where she opened a cupboard and handed me a toothbrush, soap, shampoo and other assorted toiletries. She was smiling at my still red face. “Hey sis,” she began, “Thanks for everything with Rachel and sorry about being “involved” when you needed something. It’s just that Richard and I have not been doing so great in bed since we started fighting with Rachel. I think we were just making up.”

Her admission made me feel a little better. “Well I am glad you have something to make up to. Now go back to your husband and make up for an hour or two.” I said grinning.

“I think I just might. Rachel and I talked it out tonight for the first time in a while. I think we are going to be okay even if we agree to disagree.”

“Good sis. She’s a great kid, and you two are great parents.”

“Thanks and sleep well. I won’t be for a while.”, she said grinning right back at me as I watched her scamper down the hall to her bedroom and certain sex.

I went back to my room feeling very happy that I had done a good thing for my sister and Rachel tonight, but also a little lonely knowing that I didn’t have the option to get laid that my sister did.

I sighed and realized that in my embarrassment I had forgot to tell my sister about my wardrobe problem. There was no way in hell I was going to interrupt her again so I sighed, stripped naked and climbed into the queen sized bed.

I lay in the dark awhile listening to the sound of the silence that I am not used to in Chicago. Slowly another sound began to invade my peacefulness. I froze not breathing as the grunts of sex invaded my room. “Oh shit”, I thought giggling to myself as I listened to my sister and her husbands urgent pants.

“mmmm yes… mmmm… yeah… like that baby,” she moaned louder now obviously not realizing my room was an echo chamber for their lust.

“Take my cock. Take it all baby.”, I heard Richard’s lust filled voice.

I found myself listening harder despite knowing it was wrong and my mind flashed immediately on my voyeuristic moment with my neighbor. Unconsciously I found my hand on my own pussy, gently massaging myself as I listened to them.

SMACK. I shuddered at the force of the sound of what I assumed was Richard’s hand on Mary’s ass, followed by, “YES, spank me baby.”

My own fingers worked my pussy. I was wet and could not deny that masturbating to the sound of my sister getting fucked was totally making me hot.

SMACK. Harder this time and I could hear my sister cry out her pleasure and pain. I imagined the bright red hand print on her tight buttocks as Richard buried himself in her doggie style. “Uh my GOD”, she cried as orgasm racked her body. My own fingers working back and forth across my swollen clit in a blinding fury of lust.

“Jesus yes.” I heard Richard echo his wife. I imagined his balls contracting as he squirted in her pussy that was throbbing with orgasm.

My own pussy contracted squeezing my index finger that was buried inside my burning cunt.

I bit my lip to avoid crying out my own passion and betraying my secretive orgasm and a river of womanly juice squirted from my burning sex coating my thighs.

My head swam in post orgasmic bliss as the sounds of my sister and Richard resolved themselves to soft moans and then whispers that eventually were lost in sleep. I was brought back sharply awake as I realized the mess I had made on myself. I silently stood up and turned on the bedside lamp. My thighs were lightly glazed with the evidence of my masturbation. I needed a towel. Nervousness hit me like a teenager caught smoking. This was not good. How could I be so dumb as to forget that I was not at my own home where I could clean up such a mess at will.

I silently crept to the bathroom across the hall. I was completely conscious of my own nudity and listened tentatively for any sound. This was crazy. I locked the bathroom door and flicked on the light. I slowly turned on the faucet as quietly as possible and used a wash cloth to clean myself up. I found the towel my sister had laid out for me and wrapped it around myself. I turned off the light and slowly opened the door and stepped into the hallway. I was blind after the bright lights of the bathroom and I began my quick dash across the hall to my bedroom when I collided with Rachel who was standing just outside the door apparently waiting for me to finish.

She tried to catch me and succeeded only in de-toweling me as I tripped over her leg and sprawled into the hallway. She turned on the light just as I turned toward the bathroom. “Aunt Sara are you…”, her words died at the sight of her aunt laying naked in her hallway.

I stood up quickly taking the towel from her and wrapping it around me. “I’m fine.” I said my face burning for the second time in as many hours.

Then Rachel started giggling like the teenager she was. “What in the hell were you doing?” she asked trying hard not to laugh.

I took her by the hand and led her into my bedroom afraid she would wake up her parents. She sat in the chair across the room and crossed her legs and leaned back looking at me with an amused look.

“Listen I forgot my bag back at home and didn’t have any PJ’s okay so I decided not to bother your mom until morning. I had to use the bathroom so I ran across the hall naked. I thought everyone was asleep.” I blurted out.

“Well you are lucky it was me and not Dad who caught you. He would have a heart attack.” She said laughing at me.

“Well I don’t feel really lucky right now.” I said also beginning to see the humor of my situation. “What are you doing up anyway?”

“Well if you must know, I got woken up by the sex-fest going on next door. You couldn’t have missed that. So before I threw up at the thought of it, I decided to go down and get a soda, and use the bathroom. I think they are done.” She said laughing harder still.

“Yeah, your parents might want to invest in thicker walls.” I said.

“Totally.”, she replied honestly.

“So how did it go tonight with your mom?” I asked happy to steer the conversation toward safer waters.