The Garage: Forever Yours Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gizm4c
gizm4c
123 Followers

Cliff did talk to his parents on Sunday afternoon, and when his dad reminded him about the maintenance on the car. Cliff apologized to his dad for always turning down opportunities to work with him. Feeling guilty he admitted he had taken a class and was getting instruction from a mechanic. His dad tried to ease his guilt, knowing that most of Cliff's refusal when he was younger had been normal parent/child rebellion.

On Monday and Tuesday, Cliff went to work as usual. As an intern with NPS, he was expected to learn every aspect of the business, and he transferred to the next department with minimal fuss or confusion.

As he left the building Tuesday evening, his alarm on his phone reminded him of his appointment at "The Garage." Cliff already had the car parts in the Jeep, but he didn't want to work on the vehicle in his work clothes so he ran by home quickly and changed into a pair of old jeans and a t-shirt. On the way to the garage he went through a drive thru for dinner.

Cliff entered the door for the Learning Center and saw Cindy at the front desk. She was engrossed in something on her computer and had her back half turned to him so she didn't notice his arrival.

"Hey Cindy, I'm here for my one on one session." Cliff laughed as Cindy jumped. He leaned his elbows on the counter and peered over her shoulder. "Really, Facebook at work... is that allowed?" he teased.

Cindy laughed, "Actually, it is. As long as all of our work remains caught up, the owners feel it's a good way to spread the word about the garage, free of charge. We just have to mention that we are at work and where we work once in a while."

"Cool, pretty laid back owners you have here, huh? So, who's my instructor tonight?"

Cindy checked the computer, "You're with Scott tonight. His meeting is just ending and should be out soon. Have a seat." She waved toward a small waiting area.

Cliff sat facing the reception desk and glanced down at the magazines on the end table before him. All car-related magazines with a few single page flyers mixed in. Curious, he picked up one of the flyers. "5th Annual Car Show" it said across the top.

At that moment, Cliff heard someone clear their throat. He looked up, and Scott was looking down at him, an amused look on his face.

"Hi, Cliff. I'll be your teacher tonight, hope you don't mind," He smiled as he waited for Cliff to stand up.

"Not at all," Cliff replied, grabbing his notebook and stuffed the flyer he had been reading into it, not even realizing what he was doing. "Will we start with the Jeep, or did you want to go over the notebook with me first?"

"Jeep first, then studying," Scott grinned as he gestured toward the door. "Drive your vehicle to garage bay #6; it's at the far end. I'll be waiting to let you in."

Cliff got the Jeep into the garage, and Scott went over the steps they would be following tonight. He pulled out the necessary tools and then had Cliff drive his Jeep onto a set of tracks that went over a cut-out section in the floor. After Cliff stopped the car, he noticed the Jeep was now suspended over a section of floor that was at least 5 feet lower than the rest of the garage. Scott pushed a ramp over the open space so Cliff could get out of the vehicle.

"We are in the oldest section of the garage. The spaces were built with depressions, or pits, the vehicles would drive over because when the garage was first built the owners couldn't afford hydraulic lifts. We'll use the stairs over there," he pointed to a back corner of the space, "and I'll be able to show you where the drain plug is for the oil pan. Let me warn you now, once we're under the vehicle it won't be the most comfortable thing in the world. You'll have to crouch a little."

As promised, the space wasn't very accommodating, but Cliff was able to pay attention and use the right tools to get the work done. The front of the Jeep was almost even with the ledge of the pit area, so they were able to easily change the oil filter and refill the oil reservoir. Scott showed him how to gap the sparkplugs and how to change them, then Cliff drove the Jeep out of the garage and back to the parking lot out front. He grabbed his notebook and again met Scott in the reception area.

A few minutes later they were seated in Scott's office at a small table in one corner. Cliff saw a few more drawings and asked Scott if they were more of George's work.

"Yes, they were done when I was a teenager. I keep asking him to do some new ones for me, but he says he can't." Scott looked at the pictures as he spoke before turning his attention to Cliff's notebook.

Scott spent a few minutes reading the notebook, again marveling at the detail of even the smallest repairs or maintenance ever done. He let Cliff know the vehicle would need no maintenance for the next six months or so, except normal checking of fluids.

As Scott reached the middle of the notebook, the flyer fell out. He opened it and grinned. "Are you planning on coming to the Car Show this Saturday?"

"I'm not sure yet, I had just started reading that when you came to get me. I didn't even realize I had put it in there." Cliff grinned self-consciously.

"No problem, that's what they're there for. Read it over when you have a chance and come by if you can. I think you'll enjoy it." Scott encouraged him. "It takes place right here, mostly in the empty lot across the street."

---

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday dragged by. Cliff worked through training modules, which were boring and monotonous, and shadowed a few employees, which was slightly more exciting than the training modules. He did find out on Wednesday that the department he recently transferred to was going to Phoenix for 3½ days next week for a conference. Even though Phoenix was only an hour away, they would be staying in a hotel for the duration. Interns were expected to go with, mostly acting as gofers and assistants.

By Friday night Cliff decided he deserved some fun and agreed to meet Jo and Trent, two other NPS interns, for drinks after work. The three spent an enjoyable few hours relaxing at a local bar. Jo and Trent teased Cliff about men in the bar they thought might be gay. Finally Jo had to get home so the three went their separate ways for the weekend.

He was watching a movie and went to put his feet up on the end table when they bumped his car notebook to the floor. Picking it up the flyer fell out. Having forgotten all about the car show, he looked at it curiously. As he looked he saw that it was open on Saturday from 10am to 8pm. It looked like there would around 40 or more cars on display, and several food and sales booths around. Entrance was free. It looked like fun so he decided he would check it out the next afternoon.

---

Cliff had been walking around admiring the cars for about 45 minutes when someone came up behind him and slapped him on the shoulder. "Cliff, right?" the man said.

Cliff turned to see Charles standing behind him. "Hey Charles, good to see you again." They talked for a few minutes then Charles left. He had been there for a few hours and was on his way to the parking lot when he saw Cliff.

A few minutes later, Cliff was looking at a fully restored, red 1970 Chevy Corvette. He noticed a photo album on a table by the car, and opened it up. The first few pages showed the Chevy before restorations began. The rest of the book documented the entire process. Cliff flipped through the pages then went back to the first page. He studied the picture then looked up at the car again. The transformation was unbelievable.

He was looking again at the car, standing by the driver door looking in at the dash panel when a movement in the corner of his eye distracted him. Straightening up he saw Scott watching him from the passenger side of the car.

"Amazing, isn't it? It took the owners 7 years to complete, and the wife was one of the reasons we started the Learning Center." Scott looked over the car with a sense of pride as he walked around to Cliff's side.

"That IS amazing. It looks like new!" Cliff was astonished by that revelation. He turned to face Scott.

"I'm glad you decided to stop by. I hope you're enjoying yourself?" Scott asked as he ran his eyes over Cliff, noticing the soft looking light brown hair, naturally parted down the middle and hanging loose framing his face. His light brown eyes were shining, and he had just the start of a shadow from stubble on his jaw and chin. He had on a tight, faded t-shirt and jeans that hugged his hips.

"Yes, I really am. I saw Charles, from my class, a while ago. He enjoyed the show too." Cliff smiled as he looked at the dark haired man standing about two feet away. Seeing a plain white shirt he commented, "What? No "The Garage" attire today?"

Scott laughed, "No, I did help coordinate this, but today I'm not a representative of The Garage, I am just a classic car enthusiast looking to show off my pride and joy."

"Which one of these is yours?" Cliff looked around.

Smiling, Scott replied, "Follow me." He turned and walked away as Cliff set down the photo album he was still holding and hurried to follow after, admiring the view of Scott's ass tightly encased in his jeans.

Just a few feet later that ass stopped, and Cliff looked up to see Scott looking at him over his shoulder. He blushed as his eyes met Scott's, he knew he had been caught ogling Scott's ass.

"We're here." Scott said, choosing not to comment on Cliff's blush.

Stepping up next to Scott, Cliff saw an immaculately restored 1965 Ford Mustang with the top down. It was painted the original "Tropical Turquoise" color.

"Wow," Cliff murmured as he moved in closer to admire the car. He put a hand out as though to touch it then froze and pulled his hand back. "This is beautiful!"

The two men spent almost a full hour discussing the car, barely noticing as other people came and went around them. Scott told Cliff about finding it while he was still in high school and spending all his spare time and money getting it to running condition and finally to mint condition. Cliff could see the passion behind Scott's words as he talked about the mustang.

Suddenly, Cliff's stomach growled. He looked at his watch, "Oh wow, we've been here an hour. I'm getting hungry," He looked around, "and I've kept you from talking to the people who came to see your car. I should get going, still have other cars and vendors to check out."

Scott sighed, "Yeah, I guess so. But first, can I talk to you privately for a moment?" At Cliff's nod, Scott wrapped his hand around Cliff's arm and pulled him away from the crowd.

"Cliff, I've enjoyed spending time with you today, and earlier this week. I was hoping you'd allow me to take you out to dinner next week sometime, Tuesday night maybe?" Scott looked directly into Cliff's eyes as he asked.

Frowning slightly, Cliff responded slowly, "I can't." He took a deep breath as he watched the disappointment in Scott's eyes. "I mean, I can't on Tuesday, I have to be out of town for work Monday through Thursday afternoon. Can we go another night?"

Relief swept thru Scott's blue eyes. They were shining as he replied, "Of course, would Thursday night work, or is Friday night better?"

After some discussion they decided on Thursday night as Cliff expected to be back early Thursday afternoon. Scott knew Cliff would probably be too tired to stay out late, but he didn't want to wait any longer to see him.

"Okay, so I'll pick you up around 5:30 pm on Thursday, right?" Scott verified.

"Yep that should work," Cliff replied, glancing over to where Scott's mustang was shining in the sunlight.

"Sorry man, the mustang only comes out for special events -- like parades and car shows. You're just going to have to settle for my normal ride." Scott laughed as he saw where Cliff was looking.

They traded contact info and Cliff left to enjoy the rest of the Car Show.

gizm4c
gizm4c
123 Followers
12