The Gift

Story Info
She shatters inhibitions through adultery.
8.2k words
3.66
55.7k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tod found it difficult to stop stealing glances at Marlena as she did her makeup. He could tell she was nervous and tried to hide it with the intentness she devoted to adorning her eyes. Tod was not just aroused, he was in a slow boil. Anticipation had been building all day and had become an ache in his groin as Marlena emerged from a longer-than-usual shower and spent twenty minutes massaging moisturizing cream over her entire body. It was very unusual and she was obviously intent on being as enticing as possible. She was self-conscious when she knew Tod was watching her, but he was pleased she did not hurry the process out of concern for what he might be thinking. She had asked him what she should wear and he chose an attractive dress that revealed her feminine charms without being revealing. She did not have anything specifically designed to be sexy. A sexy dress would not suit Marlena's special allure.

Marlena exhibited the natural, ladylike femininity of many European women. After all, she was German. She was sexually attractive, but not strikingly so at first glance. The attraction would grow with men so inclined as they came to know her better. Her soft eyes, sunny smile and genuine warmth made her likeable, which is an important dimension of attraction to some men, and certainly with Tod. She did not consciously try to be sexy. Her clothes were tasteful and feminine, never risqué. She wanted to be attractive, but did not consciously desire to tempt arousal. She certainly would not try to act sexy; she would feel clumsy and unnatural and thus embarrassed. She was too genuine to engage in artifice. She had a strong sense of integrity, but her aversion to lying also had to do with the fact that she was lousy at it.

Marlena described herself as uncomplicated, and indeed she was in comparison to many other people, but Tod knew that everyone had unknown dimensions and Marlena was certainly no exception. In fact, Marlena often still surprised him with unexpected enthusiasms, spontaneous adventurousness, and unaccustomed views. Marlena's ability to surprise him after nearly thirty years helped keep their marriage interesting. Tod always thought that her ladylike femininity added a dimension of sexual mystery, for it enticed one to imagine what she would be like when her feminine warmth flamed into passion. The prospect still turned him on. He had seen the flame licking at the edges of her "good girl" self image, though it had never become a roaring fire.

Tod was incredibly aroused in anticipation of what they planned, yet he was also apprehensive. It was by no means certain she would go through with it, and he was still not sure about how he would feel if she did. But he fervently hoped her willingness to go this far would carry her through to the passionate climax they envisioned.

Finally she was ready and informed him of this in a voice that betrayed her nervousness. He held her and she warmly responded with her soft melting into his body. He felt incredible lust and love as he held her. "I love you and I truly want you to have a most wonderful experience tonight." At first her smile was a little tentative and embarrassed, but she tried to make it more sunny and self-assured. "I love you too. We'll have to see." He kissed her lightly on the lips, and she started to respond with a more passionate kiss, but he ended the kiss and grabbed her hand to lead her out the door. They stepped out into a warm, cloudless summer evening toward a rendezvous with forbidden fantasy. For the first time in her life, and after almost thirty years of a close and loving marriage, Marlena was about to make love with another man; a man she barely knew.

The Buildup

Tod loved almost everything about Marlena. He loved her sunny, unpretentious personality. He loved her warm and caring nature. He loved her delight in what he considered the details in life. He loved her enthusiasm and adventurousness in travel and food. He loved her ability to become absorbed in whatever she was doing. He loved her frequent and genuine laugh. He loved her bright, deep-dimpled smile. He loved her voice. Tod could, and often did, listen to her talk for hours. Like her mother, she was very expressive and engaged as she talked. Tod often found her expressiveness entertaining even when the subject was of little interest. He loved how her body would melt into his when they hugged.

Marlena's large blue eyes were beautiful and expressive, and he thought her deepening laugh lines added to the allure. Her thick, red hair framed her face with a pixy hairdo. Her hairdresser admired her hair so much; he was loath to cut it. The freckles her prim and proper German grandmother was unsuccessful in trying to remove with various concoctions added to the girlish effect of her soft, youthful cheeks. He thought of them as chipmunk cheeks and found great pleasure in how they felt when he nuzzled his face against hers when they cuddled.

Tod loved her body. Marlena was thin and shapely. Her medium-sized breasts looked pleasingly soft yet firm and attractively when clothed. They continued to attracted the admiring gaze of men. When they were first dating during Tod's army days in Germany, Marlena's breasts were the topic of discussion among Tod's buddies on more than one occasion. Tod knew his buddies would have been even more jealous of his good fortune if they could see the freckles of her upper chest disappear with the creamy white rising of her naked breasts, which were topped with small, pink, rose-bud nipples. Even the hardened cones of her aroused nipples had a delicacy about them. They beckoned to be caressed. He still thought they were a work of art after all these years.

She had somewhat narrower hips than many women, though they were too well-curved to be considered boyish. There was no doubt about Marlena's womanhood even if her top half was obscured. Her legs, which she worried were too wobbly, were actually rather thin and fit. They were indeed soft, for no matter how thin and fit she may be, the softness of her body was a defining characteristic. Her legs were the most active part of her lovemaking as she spread, raised, lowered, and sometimes circled them around Tod's legs in the urgent offering of her vagina.

Marlena's vagina. Tod had heard vaginas called the "heavenly box," and "heavenly" is what he often thought when he fingered and fucked the velvety, eager wetness below Marlena's orange pubic hair. Tod had had sex with only a handful of women before he entered faithful monogamy, but he doubted there were many women who could offer a cock the lush satiny caress of Marlena's aroused pussy. He thought of it as entering the hallowed hall of the Goddess of femininity.

Their lovemaking was slow, tender, and sensuous. Marlena was often less interested in the physicality of the act than the lovingness it expressed. She would snuggle against Tod's naked body with little motion for ten minutes or more, and Tod sometimes wondered if she wanted it to progress beyond this intimate embrace as his sensuous stroking of her body seemed to elicit little response. But eventually her hand would begin stroking him and her legs would slowly part to invite Tod's softly gliding fingers to slide down her back, along the cleft of her ass, and into a teasing caress of the moistening vulva between her legs. There were several variations of what would happen next, but most often it would eventually lead to Marlena pulling Tod toward her as she lay on her back and spread her legs in invitation. He would slowly open her heavenly gate with the head of his cock and carefully work his way in. With the practice of years, it was not unusual for them to achieve simultaneous orgasms, which was sometimes an almost spiritual experience.

Their sex life was loving and temporarily fulfilling enough to keep Tod from openly complaining about how infrequent, routine, unadventurous and--except for the occasional groan—entirely nonverbal it was. It had become a Sunday morning pleasure, and even that was iffy because sometimes Marlena could not summon enough desire to go through with it. Tod's secret fantasy of adventurous, passionate sex seemed destined to remain a fantasy for the rest of his life unless he took the dangerous step of starting an affair. Their relationship was open and honest except for the deafening silence on the topic of sex, and Tod would not jeopardize Marlena's trust or complicate his life with guilt. Instead he fantasized about having Marlena's blessing to have weekly sex with another woman. No chance in hell of that happening. He also had another fantasy that tantalized him with a slight, but conceivable prospect of awakening Marlena's desire for more passionate, uninhibited sex.

Tod had tried to introduce new variations into their sex life, and Marlena was game enough to try them—or, more often, to let them be tried upon her--but she was uncomfortable with anything that seemed unnatural, awkward, or crude to her. She would not watch porn movies because they were too "animalistic." She sometimes even skipped over erotic passages in the mystery books she read because they did not seem realistic enough to her. Yet Tod sensed an inhibited spark within her that could be kindled into a fire if he could somehow enliven her imagination. He was pretty sure it would take a life-altering event, the crossing of a psychological Rubicon, the breaking of a major taboo, to shatter her inhibitions.

Tod remembered a time in the early days of their marriage when Marlena was especially turned on and, in the middle of heavy petting, began to play coyly with the hair on his chest.

"I have never had sex with anyone but you," she said, "so I'm probably not very good at it. Maybe if I had sex with someone else I could learn to be better." Her voice was breathy and lustful. Tod had seldom seen her look so aroused, and wondered how serious she was. "It would be for you. I would do it so I could please you better."

He was surprised at how the idea aroused him. But he was too insecure and jealous in the early years to risk having his young wife fall in love with someone else. The thought even occurred to him that she might have someone in mind. They lived in married student housing in Germany at the time, and she would have had no problem finding a man to perform the duty. He knew of three who would jump at the chance, in fact had already tried on several occasions to seduce the chance. If word got out, he suspected there would be a long line of chaps outside their door offering to contribute to the sexual education of Marlena.

Tod expressed his skepticism that she would learn anything more than what she could learn from him if she was willing, and they continued their play to unusually satisfying orgasms. Marlena never brought the matter up again.

But over the years Tod harbored the fantasy of Marlena yielding her soft, supple body and delicious cunt to another man, and imagined that the novelty and excitement of breaking the big taboo would tear down her inhibitions to the point she would have passionate, even "animalistic" sex with the lucky fellow. And in Tod's fantasy, the hunger for adventurous, passionate sex would awaken within her and turn their sex life into an adventure. Tod felt their marriage was secure, and whatever feelings she might develop for a lover, would not come at the expense of their shared love. Besides, in Tod's mind the relationship between Marlena and the imaginary lover would be totally open and shared with him, and stood little chance of developing into more than the occasional encounter, in which he fantasized he would eventually participate.

If Marlena was reluctant to be adventurous in bed, there was little chance Tod could interest her in breaking her marriage vows. Or at least so it seemed. Yet he suspected that, if he planted the seed, there was a chance it might grow as the real prospect of a guiltless tryst with another man teased her imagination with prohibited, naughty pleasure. He knew that fantasy had to be within her someplace; she had once suggested it. And she had occasionally mentioned that she had never had the chance to have sex with anyone but him as if it were a regret.

It was their spontaneous trips to Costa Rica and New Orleans without kids that awoke the adventure lust of his youth. It began to awaken the libido of his youth as well. Tod had turned fifty and the prospect that his sex life with Marlena might never go much beyond the predictable weekly encounter seemed increasingly cemented in fate. He finally made up his mind to do something.

One evening as they sat together in their ersatz-leather rockers, he finally plucked the courage to interrupt her reading.

"Marlena, I'd like to talk about something."

She looked up from her book. "Sure. What is it?"

"I want to talk about sex."

Her smile shrank, but then artificially brightened. "Okay."

"I love to make love to you, but our sex life is in a rut and has been for most of our marriage. I hate to think it will never be more than a Sunday morning pleasure."

"I don't have a problem with our sex life."

"But sometimes you aren't interested even on Sundays and act like it is a domestic chore."

"What?" She started to get angry, then grew pensive. "Well I admit that I don't always feel like it just because it is our 'day.' I guess it is routine and a little boring. What do you suggest?"

Tod was relieved she was being cooperative. "There are a lot of things we could try, I suppose, but we've experimented before and nothing became of it." He could see her becoming defensive. He preempted her; "Marlena, maybe sex isn't that important to you, but it has always been more important to me than I let on. The reason I didn't bring it up is that I didn't want to pressure you, especially because it never really did any good. So, instead, I have lived with fantasies that I never shared. We never really talk about sex. We're open and honest on almost everything else, but that part of our life is hidden from each other."

Marlena realized Tod was right about sex being an almost taboo subject, and she did not like the idea that Tod was not sharing what seemed to be important to him. His talk about fantasies piqued her curiosity. "What do you fantasize about?"

Tod leaned forward and took her hand. "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Do you fantasize about having sex with other women?"

He looked surprised. "Of course I do. It would be strange if I didn't. Don't you fantasize about having sex with other men?"

"Not really."

"You're kidding. You don't have any fantasies about sex?"

"I didn't say that. I have fantasies about other men, but I imagine them having sex with other women, not me."

"Don't you think you're sexy enough? Do you feel insecure about your sexual attraction?"

"I think I'm sexually attractive. That isn't the problem. It's just that if I start thinking of having sex with another man, I feel like I'm betraying you, and I think of him having sex with someone else instead."

Tod was stunned. "I appreciate your loyalty, but the idea that you have blocked your sexual imagination for my sake is incredible to me. Imagination is only completely open range of our lives. There shouldn't be any boundaries. Sex is ninety percent imagination. No wonder you aren't that interested in sex if you block your fantasies."

"I'm interested in sex. I just thought that thinking about sex with another man was out of bounds. I'm a little shocked that you don't. What did you fantasize about? Or should I say who do you fantasize about?"

"Actually, I don't usually fantasize about an actual person. My fantasy lover is a married woman in her late thirties or forties. She wants the uninhibited sex she can't get from her husband, and she loves to do everything you won't do."

Marlena started to feel a little guilty, like she had let Tod down and their marriage was under a strain she never knew about. She decided to add more about her fantasies to show she did, after all, have a sexual imagination. "Actually, I have fantasies of an older woman seducing a younger man, but it isn't me."

"You're projecting."

"Probably."

"Actually I have another secret fantasy. I fantasize about you having sex with another man."

"Really? Why? Why would you want that?"

"A lot of men find the thought of their wives getting passionate with another man a turn-on. Partly, I guess, because it is forbidden, and therefore titillating. For me, it is also partly because I see the thrill and novelty of doing something so naughty, so out of character, awakening your passions and your interest in sex. Doing something so uncharacteristically naughty, so socially forbidden would change how you see yourself. It would be one of the big first times in your life that you would never forget. It would be a real-life chance to be the other woman you fantasize about, and live your fantasy."

Marlena started to protest, but stopped. She looked thoughtfully at Tod for a full two minutes of silence before she surprised him again. "Maybe."

Tod smiled. The seed was planted. "I'll let you get back to your book. He rose from the chair and leaned down to kiss her. "Good night, honey. I'm going to bed."

He was pleasantly, but not completely, surprised when she crawled into bed ten minutes later and snuggled up behind him. Her fingertips scratched lightly on his chest, and his cock rose to begin a blissful journey to her luscious pussy. Obviously, he had fanned the spark of a long-buried desire.

Neither Tod nor Marlena spoke about their conversation for two days. Tod had a sinking feeling the seed had fallen on barren soil. Then, on the evening of the third day, Marlena seemed less than intent on the book she was reading. She put the book down. "Tod?"

"Yes."

"I sometimes regret never having had sex with another man. I always figured that whatever chance I had was gone forever. And you might be right that having the actual experience would be so mind-blowing that I might be a lot more interested in sex; I admit that I'm starting to fantasize about how I would feel opening myself up physically and emotionally to another man. It might help our sex life, and you said that it's important to you. Would it really be okay with you? I mean, you wouldn't secretly think of me as a cheater or a slut? Or you wouldn't trust me anymore? Or you would be so jealous we would never be close again? Remember that movie where Robert Redford paid to sleep with a guy's wife? Their marriage fell apart afterward."

"As long as you are open and honest and share it with me, I think it might strengthen our marriage, because I really don't want to be in the rut we've been in for most of our marriage. I am secure in my love for you, and I am secure in your love for me. Even if you started to fall in love with the second lover in your life, it wouldn't make you love me less if I didn't make you choose."

"I think I would like to try it, but I don't have a clue how. I can't see myself going to a bar and seducing someone. I would have to come to know and like someone before I could think of being intimate with them."

"We could probably figure out a seduction scenario, but you don't want to have sex with just some guy you find superficially attractive. It would probably turn out to be a big let down. It could be ome guy who sees sex as a 'poke,' or some hunk whose idea of sex is going through the porn movie routine. It would have to be someone you could open up to, someone who would love the idea of you opening up and sharing your body and feelings. Someone who would love the idea of changing your life. I think we should look on the adult personals sites. We could choose from dozens of prospects and you could get to know the most promising guys at a safe distance before we moved on to something more serious."