The Gift Box Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes Scott. I know." she looked at the clock, just to make sure. "I'm worried about him."

"Did you try calling him?"

"Yes, twice, but he didn't answer his phone. I left him a message telling him I was sorry, and I wanted him to come back home so we could talk." she looked at Scott, "something's wrong, I know it is, something doesn't feel right." The phone rang and Scott picked it up, reconizing the number, he looked at his mom and handed it to her.

"Hello?" Emily's voice was shaking.

"Hi baby." Eric's voice was tortured, but a relief to her ears.

"Hello Eric," her voice broke with her heart. Scott looked at her, and left her alone to talk with his father.

"Emily, I love you, nothing in the world will ever change that. And I'm sorry for what happened earlier. God knows I would never ever hurt you like that for any reason."

"But you did, and that is something you can't take back Eric."

"I know, and I don't know how to redeem myself for hurting you that way. God Baby, I'm sorry, I don't know what else to do or say."

"Eric, come home, come home so we can talk. Please."

"I'm headed home right now. I didn't mean to be so late, but I had to try and find out the truth about all of this, why this is happening now, and what I can do to make sure that it doesn't come between us baby. God, I hope you understand."

She knew he was telling her the truth, he had a certain tone, and she could tell he had been crying, her heart sank, and her words softened, "Eric, just come home and come to bed. I'll see you in a little while." she was very quite, listening to him, she heard the engine rev, curious as to where he was driving, "Eric, is there a problem with my car?"

"No baby, I'm just up on the mountain. I'm coming down the hill."

"Be careful, please, let the car idle, no sense in rushing. That hill is slick in this weather."

"Not that, there's some one following me close and I can't get their headlights out of my mirror."

"Please Eric, just pull off and let them pass, that road is no where to be racing, it's not like when you ride the bike down it."

"As soon as I find a spot, I will." he took a deep breath, "Emily Kathryn Richmon, I love you, I have loved you since the first day you walked into my classroom. I have loved you since the first time you kissed me, and every kiss since. Em, always remember how much I love you."

"Eric, I love you too, why are you saying this, what's wrong?"

"I need you to know. I never tell you enough anymore, and I always want you to know everyday how much I love you!"

"Eric, you tell me every day. Never has a day come that you haven't told me how much you love me. I know how much you love me."

"I do baby, but I want you to know how much I mean It." the phone went quiet, she wasn't sure if the call had been lost until he spoke again, "EM, baby, tell me how much you love me?"

She felt uneasy with his words; did he know something she didn't?

"Eric, I have always loved you. Since the first day we met, the first time I flaunted my pink mini skirt in front of you, and every day after. I have loved you since the first time you touched me, and we made love in the back yard and conceived Scott, since we made all of our other children together. Eric, I love you more than life itself." she listened to him breathing on the other end.

"Em, Baby, I want go away some where together, to get away from everything, and just be us for a little while, talk things out, make love to each other, just be together, just us."

"Yes Eric, yes," she whispered, "I would like that very much. I want you to ride me off on the back of the bike, and make love to you under the moon and stars, love like we did when we were first married."

"Em," his voice was calm, serene even, "I'll see you in a little while. Go to bed and I'll wake you when I get home." he took a deep breath, "And Emily, I love you, and I always truly will."

"I love you too Eric." The phone went silent and she hung it up, staring out the window, watching the snowfall.

12